Next-gen gaming consoles prediction thread

Ruzbeh

Yes, Halo does come out on PC anyways. The first Halo was in PC-Gamer magazine a good YEAR before the XBOX was even mentioned. Microsoft ripped off PC-Gamers for almost TWO YEARS just to get into the console market. Without Halo they would've failed.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, Halo does come out on PC anyways. The first Halo was in PC-Gamer magazine a good YEAR before the XBOX was even mentioned. Microsoft ripped off PC-Gamers for almost TWO YEARS just to get into the console market. Without Halo they would've failed.
Halo is the only reason I have an Xbox ^_^

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

I'll end up getting a ps3 and xbox360 eventully like i did with the last lot. (all the games i have are avalible on both consoles so its pretty pointless me having 2 of them)

Nintendo hav'nt had a console that realisticly troubled the others since the SNES. i dont think thats going to change anytime soon

Nintendo hav'nt had a console that realisticly troubled the others since the SNES. i dont think thats going to change anytime soon

I suggest you to read some previews about the Revolution, your thoughts will quickly change. :wink:

I suggest you to read some previews about the Revolution, your thoughts will quickly change. :wink:

the only diffrence with the consoles that ive found is the controller, the console seems to be just another one, unless you can show me somwhere which says somthings diffrent.

Q: What makes the controller so revolutionary then?

A: At E3 2005, Nintendo's executive of vice president of sales and marketing, Reginald Fils-Aime, offered a hint.

"We announced the ability to download and play the best NES games, S-NES games, N64 games, in addition to Revolution games and GameCube games," he said in an IGN/G4 interview. "If you put those controllers all lined up together, they're all very different. So think about what kind of device is going to allow you to play all those different types of games. It's pretty interesting."

This, of course, suggests that Revolution's controller may enable gamers to configure their own layouts in order to best suit their different gameplay experiences.

Further, Revolution's controller will very likely make use of motion-sensing technology. Leaked documentation shows that players may be able to twist and turn the device in order to twist and turn objects and characters in Revolution games. Nintendo has dabbled in this type of technology in the handheld sector with such games as Kirby Tilt 'N Tumble.

Source: IGN

the downloading of the old games seems very interesting
You still have to pay for them though. :wink:

oh, well forget that then :?

They aren't gonna charge 50 dollars...

I bet it'd be more like 10 for older NES titles and moving to 20-30 for N64

smithie3.jpg

I just posted something! ^_^ to the terrorist...er... kirbybeam.

Why are people going so crazy over being able to play old games? Playstation has been doing this for years and all of a sudden people think Nintendo are doing something "completely new"? I realise that they've made the games downloadable, but that still means any nes, snes, or n64 games you might already own are obsolete, whereas your old psx and ps2 games will be perfectly playable.

Kirk and Lars I could handle. At the same time.

Q: What makes the controller so revolutionary then?

A: At E3 2005, Nintendo's executive of vice president of sales and marketing, Reginald Fils-Aime, offered a hint.

"We announced the ability to download and play the best NES games, S-NES games, N64 games, in addition to Revolution games and GameCube games," he said in an IGN/G4 interview. "If you put those controllers all lined up together, they're all very different. So think about what kind of device is going to allow you to play all those different types of games. It's pretty interesting."

This, of course, suggests that Revolution's controller may enable gamers to configure their own layouts in order to best suit their different gameplay experiences.

Further, Revolution's controller will very likely make use of motion-sensing technology. Leaked documentation shows that players may be able to twist and turn the device in order to twist and turn objects and characters in Revolution games. Nintendo has dabbled in this type of technology in the handheld sector with such games as Kirby Tilt 'N Tumble.

Source: IGN

Damn, dude. Welcome to a few months ago. The controller has long been revealed. This is the Revolution controller.

Why are people going so crazy over being able to play old games? Playstation has been doing this for years and all of a sudden people think Nintendo are doing something "completely new"? I realise that they've made the games downloadable, but that still means any nes, snes, or n64 games you might already own are obsolete, whereas your old psx and ps2 games will be perfectly playable.

Well NES and SNES aren't exactly available to everyone... Why do you think the Classic NES series on the GBA is so successful? There's dozens of games I want to download.

Also, being able to play PS1 and PS2 games on PS3 isn't the same as the download service. Sony isn't hosting those games for you to download so getting obsure titles for PS1 or PS2 is hard. Also, Nintendo has confirmed you will be able to download titles from different areas. For example, you can download a NES game that was never released in the states but only in Japan (no idea if they'll translate it). And that's going to be appreciated by a lot of people. Or just specifically download a Japanese NES or SNES game even though it was released in the states (and that game is downloadable as well). On top of that, you can play Gamecube games. You can't download those, though.

Damn, dude. Welcome to a few months ago. The controller has long been revealed. This is the Revolution controller.

Ah yes, that's the article I was looking for. It does prove to RebelAssassin that the Revo is more than a console with a different looking controller.

the downloading of the old games seems very interesting
You still have to pay for them though. :wink:

And if you already own them, but want to have them on your Revolution?

Yeah, I never saw what the big deal about those were. If I wanted a game, I would have played it by now. Maybe I just think that because I own all of Nintendo's systems, and this news is like exciting for people who plan on getting revolutions because they never had the chance to play those older games? I don't know. It just doesn't seem like a big deal playing older games on the Rev when right now I can play them on my older systems. And I'd almost imagine that the downloadable games will cost as much or more than the current price of the games for the older systems (most are dirt cheap in those bargain bins for under $10). I'd take a hard copy of a game over a downloaded game any day.

By the way, the technical specifications of the Revolution are not known. But that doesn't matter if you want to predict sales of a console.

And now the news is that the Revolution's specs won't ever be released.

http://planetgamecube.com/news.cfm?action=item&id=6625

Obviously their hardware is weak, so they have nothing to gain from showing the specs of it. While deliberately hiding the specs shows huge system weakness, I think it's a better decision to not show the specs than to show stats that are miniscule compared to the other systems. At least word of mouth won't be spreading that the Rev is statistically inferior. A lot of people stupidly make decisions just based on that, and if they're ignorant of all of the system's stats, their purchase wouldn't be effected by that as much. People need to look beyond hardware and really look at the fun gameplay each system has to offer, and which type caters to them the most.

(Edit - Oops about the double post, just found out that news on Nint not releasing specs and forgot to edit)

By the way, the technical specifications of the Revolution are not known. But that doesn't matter if you want to predict sales of a console.

And now the news is that the Revolution's specs won't ever be released.

http://planetgamecube.com/news.cfm?action=item&id=6625

Obviously their hardware is weak, so they have nothing to gain from showing the specs of it. While deliberately hiding the specs shows huge system weakness, I think it's a better decision to not show the specs than to show stats that are miniscule compared to the other systems. At least word of mouth won't be spreading that the Rev is statistically inferior. A lot of people stupidly make decisions just based on that, and if they're ignorant of all of the system's stats, their purchase wouldn't be effected by that as much. People need to look beyond hardware and really look at the fun gameplay each system has to offer, and which type caters to them the most.

(Edit - Oops about the double post, just found out that news on Nint not releasing specs and forgot to edit)

Steven says: I think this is the smartest move Nintendo can make. Everyone knows they can't compete against the 360 and PS3 in raw horsepower, and by not (publicly) showing off the specs, no one can make a direct comparison.

No offence but I don't plan on spending any money that would cost me more than 400 bucks just to get a game console. I'd love it if someone gives it to me for free, until then, I'll wait for Revolution.

Besides, graphics was never a problem for me, just the price ^_^

• 2 weeks later...

Some info on Xbox Games

Xbox 360 Games Release Dates (as per EB Games Corp list) [leaked, unofficial]

AMPED 3 Release Date: 11/02/05 Price: 59.99

BURNOUT 4: REVENGE Release Date: 11/02/05 Price: 59.99

CALL OF DUTY 2 Release Date: 11/02/05 Price: 59.99

CONDEMED Release Date: 11/02/05 Price: 59.99

DEAD OR ALIVE 4 Release Date: 11/02/05 Price: 59.99

FINAL FANASY XI Release Date: 11/02/05 Price: 59.99

FULL AUTO Release Date: 11/02/05 Price: 59.99

GHOST RECON 3 Release Date: 11/02/05 Price: 59.99

GODFATHER Release Date: 11/02/05 Price: 59.99

HOOPS 2K6 Release Date: 11/02/05 Price: 59.99

KAMEO ELEMENT Release Date: 11/02/05 Price: 49.99

MADDEN 06 Release Date: 11/02/05 Price: 59.99

NHL 2K6 Release Date: 11/02/05 Price: 59.99

OUTFIT Release Date: 11/02/05 Price: 59.99

PERFECT DARK LE Release Date: 11/02/05 Price: 59.99

PROJECT GOTHAM RACING 3 Release Date: 11/02/05 Price: 59.99

QUAKE 4 Release Date: 11/02/05 Price: 59.99

RIDGE RACER 6 Release Date: 11/02/05 Price: 59.99

SAINTS ROW Release Date: 11/02/05 Price: 59.99

TONY HAWK 'S AMERICAN WASTELAND Release Date: 11/02/05 Price: 59.99

TOO HUMAN Release Date: 11/02/05 Price: 59.99

TOP SPIN 2 Release Date: 11/02/05 Price: 59.99

KING KONG Release Date: 11/16/05 Price: 59.99

NBA LIVE 06 Release Date: 11/16/05 Price: 59.99

NFS MOST WANTED Release Date: 11/16/05 Price: 59.99

TIGER WOOD'S GOLF 06 Release Date: 11/16/05 Price: 59.99

FRAME CITY Release Date: 11/19/05 Price: 59.99

FIFA 2006 Release Date: 12/02/05 Price: 59.99

GEARS OF WAR Release Date: 02/02/06 Price: 59.99

PREY Release Date: 02/02/06 Price: 59.99

HALO 3 Release Date: 07/01/06 Price: 59.99

Obivously, not of all of this is true, or there would be 10 games out yet, without the system :)

Countdown: 10 More Days untill Xbox360 for North America

Europe: Friday, 2 December, 2005

Japanese buyers can expect to see the system on Saturday, 10 December.

The new Xbox will ship in Australia(March 2006), Colombia, Hong Kong, Korea, Mexico, New Zealand, Singapore and Taiwan sometime in "2006"

The Announced Price is $344... including the console's removable 20GB hard disk, wireless controller, remote control, headset, and Ethernet and AV cables.

Sorry, to bump this, but I thought it was pretty important news.

Xbox 360 Backwards Compatibility Finalized

And the xbox 360 will be here very very soon so why not keep discussion going?

Amusing how the proposed 'backwards compatibility' downright sucks.

yeah, it does. you need a different piece of software for every game? thats just weird. and that list isnt very long either. doesnt even have morrowind on it :( . luckily oblivion is coming out soon :D .

q8tsigindy500fan.jpg

indy500fanan9.jpg

Sorry, to bump this, but I thought it was pretty important news.

Xbox 360 Backwards Compatibility Finalized

And the xbox 360 will be here very very soon so why not keep discussion going?

It does. But apparentally they're having some serious issues so they could have easily just not even done the backwards compatibility. I don't really mind since I don't even own an Xbox right now, but it's nice to see they're atleast trying to find a way for it to work.

Oh... How i long to get my hands on the original NES controler :) best controller EVER!

if they make one for the Revolution i'll prolly buy it just for the controller...

Oh... How i long to get my hands on the original NES controler :) best controller EVER!

if they make one for the Revolution i'll prolly buy it just for the controller...

Turning Revolution controller sideways = Nes controller ;)

Just longer, but still :P

A so-called analyst in the Toronto Star claims that by 2012, Sony will have sold 120 million units, X-box 60 million units. And the funny thing is that the column was so biased that they'd praise X-box for like 5 paragraphcs, then try to downplay the fact that Playstation has sold 4 times as many. And then they'd spew a few more false facts in favour of X-box.

bestsiggycopy5bo.jpg