Multi Site Steel War 5 is a no.

Neos_Matrix

So, I've read these couple of posts and replies about last year and certain things that happened and I'm still wondering....why are they still talking about it; a year later?

Somebody's got to move on.

EXACTLY my point. The MSSWs were so fun and memorable everyone is still talking about them today. I always see references to past MSSWs while I'm browsing through the forums. This topic only adds to the point that those wars were some of the most unforgettable wars ever. Despite some people thinking they were unfair or that too many people forgot it was fun, I think a vast majority of those who participated in the wars remember it as being a very thrilling and memorable event. This is why I think we should have a MSSW5, to bring back that awesomeness. :razz:

dangsig.png

By popular demand, this signature is back- however I currently do not have a blog up at the moment and if I did I wouldn't update it. Sorry, the sig links to nowhere :( .

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mmmm das sorry I didn't read all your quote train, but I know YOU want an MSSW5! Surely such a distinguished clanmember such as yourself would welcome another war.

Give me something fun - in rune or something, while it's neat for the users - my life is unaffected if more of these happen or not.

if the dude who makes them makes a 5th one , sweet i'll be there - if he doesn't - that his call - not mine.

Did you just say that you don't care about Tip's users? Ouch.

Prism_Swords.png

Mmmm das sorry I didn't read all your quote train, but I know YOU want an MSSW5! Surely such a distinguished clanmember such as yourself would welcome another war.

Give me something fun - in rune or something, while it's neat for the users - my life is unaffected if more of these happen or not.

if the dude who makes them makes a 5th one , sweet i'll be there - if he doesn't - that his call - not mine.

Did you just say that you don't care about Tip's users? Ouch.

Clarification:

The war is put on by a third party outside of us - we have never organized it. Give me a date - and i'll make the preparations and get the wardrums starting and sounding heavily

Considered i organized the tip.it vs corr - i'd dispute that statement but to me

The event is this dustin fellows and not ours - and thus to me it's only right if he hosts it unless it's passed on - which he hasn't done - so if he says it's a no go - i'm not going to use someone elses idea.

However i'll be happy to organize a non "mmsw" with a top clan or something else.

"Any people anywhere, being inclined and having the power, have the right to rise up, and shake off the existing government, and form a new one that suits them better. This is a most valuable - a most sacred right - a right, which we hope and believe, is to liberate the world."

Abraham Lincoln

So, I've read these couple of posts and replies about last year and certain things that happened and I'm still wondering....why are they still talking about it; a year later?

EXACTLY my point. The MSSWs were so fun and memorable everyone is still talking about them today. I always see references to past MSSWs while I'm browsing through the forums. This topic only adds to the point that those wars were some of the most unforgettable wars ever. Despite some people thinking they were unfair or that too many people forgot it was fun, I think a vast majority of those who participated in the wars remember it as being a very thrilling and memorable event. This is why I think we should have a MSSW5, to bring back that awesomeness. :razz:

I don't think we were on the same wavelength here.

I was talking about why are they still somewhat debating some of the so called "bad" things that happened last year.

I'm all for discussing MSSW's awesomeness of last year and the year before; from now until the next decade.

unorclanpixelsigzu1.png

Thanks to the amazing talent of Jopie211 for the sig!

Finest Fist of Guthix Strategy Guide

I don't think we were on the same wavelength here.

I was talking about why are they still somewhat debating some of the so called "bad" things that happened last year.

I'm all for discussing MSSW's awesomeness of last year and the year before; from now until the next decade.

I agree, they're always quite fun, it's just that people take them too seriously and end up flaming other fansites/members. It all finishes within a week or two, but that doesn't mean that it's pleasant. Just remember guys, to not flame (it's not worth it).

Overall I think that in order to get decent organization we could use audio communication. It will be nowhere near as organized as a top clan's, but it's a start.

An AC may also be in order if this is to ever happen again. With the increased population of NH increasing still, it only creates a larger threat to work around.

j0xPu5R.png

I agree, they're always quite fun, it's just that people take them too seriously and end up flaming other fansites/members. It all finishes within a week or two, but that doesn't mean that it's pleasant. Just remember guys, to not flame (it's not worth it).

Another reason why i'm not overly excited last war - tip.it people raged about our unsportsman like conduct - said it made us look bad etc - their fun - but i'm not foaming at the mouth to do them

"Any people anywhere, being inclined and having the power, have the right to rise up, and shake off the existing government, and form a new one that suits them better. This is a most valuable - a most sacred right - a right, which we hope and believe, is to liberate the world."

Abraham Lincoln

Firstly I just want to say I have a large amount of respect for you Das. I don't think I've ever talked to you, but you write well and you're not a cabbage, which is good enough for me.

While most of what you just wrote is technically correct, I think you're missing a few of the factors here.

This isn't all just about MSSW, it's largely because PKM and TSA have a history (at one point a large portion of their members came over to TSA). This isn't the only argument with PKM that has resulted in a stupid amount of angry text.

Things also tend to get out of hand because NS (Nightshade/Ts Stormrage) has a tendency to write without modesty. While it doesn't come over as being very diplomatic, I've known the guy for over three years now, and he doesn't do it because he's up himself, he's just proud of his achievements.

tl;dr - The argument tends to inflame because the subtext is personal.

NS has been accused alot of promoting Tal Shiar, and he tends to respond to this with something along the lines of "I'm proud of my clan". From Tipit's perspective, these accusations are completely fair, but from where I sit I think Tipit has a slightly clouded view.

Ts_Stormrage is synonymous with TSA. Virtually the entire signature is Tal Shiar oriented, as well as the avatar being the distinctive Tal Shiar logo. On top of this, the account is highly visible as the author of many Times articles, thought out forum posts, and regular-ish DYK's (I'd venture thousands of people are familiar with "brought to you by the Tal Shiar Alliance"). The distinctive logo is also seen around tipit in the signatures of many of our clan members signatures.

Take the MSSW4 guide for example. When they open a topic, the reader sees the author name Ts Stormrage, avatar, and signature, and naturally associates all the following text with TSA. The actual content doesn't continually reference tsa, it's just that the context creates an association. I believe if the same guide was posted under a generic account name ('mssw_management' or something) that all of the fuss over that particular issue would have been avoided.

Not to say that we don't advertise at all, but I'd ask that you make a distinction between advertising and seeing the name/logo. It's probably semantics, but to me they're not the same thing.

tl;dr - The promoing isn't all NS, TSA just has good branding.

*I've tried to be as objective as I can as a clan member. Everything written here is my opinion as a tif member. I'm not defending NS blindly because I'm a TSA member, and I haven't spoken to him between discovering the thread and posting this.

* Sorry this isn't very well written, I rewrote it after killing the window. I write better as I think, not from memory.

(I probably shouldn't double post, but it's a different topic and avoids a wall of text)

MSSW has gotten too big for Runescape.

The first and second wars were great fun, the third got competitive, and the fourth really wasn't that great.

In all honestly, this could be blamed on NS. It was primarily his efforts which led Tipit to respond so forcefully. The stakes were raised, and no-one responded. Now they're so high it just wouldn't work anymore. The only single fansite who would challenge the turnout we had last year is RSC, and they've gone and gotten their panties in a knot.

MSSW became about the honour of a fansite, it's now an all or nothing concept.

I've seen a Tipit vs. Other fansites suggestion, and I've also seen a Tipit vs. Rsof sugestion.

Should we ever get the chance, I'd like to see Fansites vs. RSOF, advertised to the point of an announcement runescape.com - let's do things properly peeps.

I won't say any more about the social circumstances, we all know what's going on. The issue here is technical.

Tipit pulled over a thousand people to MSSW4. RSC could probably do the same thing, as well as various combinations of the remaining fansites. An advertised event on RSOF would easily pull 1-2 thousand.

The player limit on a server is 2000. This is designed to be spread out over the whole world of runescape. Take world 1 GE for example.

Jagex has already stated that this absolutely hammers even their high end servers. To facilitate a new MSSW of the proportions people are talking about, you'd need the capacity to have 6000+ people in the same place. That's 6000 clients all needing information on the closest few hundred others.

Not only would the server give out, but that creates some rather large bandwidth problems at the server end.

Working within the 2000 player limit, I don't see how you can have a participating player base fairly distributed amongst fansites.

I've seen a Tipit vs. Other fansites suggestion, and I've also seen a Tipit vs. Rsof sugestion.

Should we ever get the chance, I'd like to see Fansites vs. RSOF, advertised to the point of an announcement runescape.com - let's do things properly peeps.

I was thinking more like Tip.it versus RSOF. I don't think the other fansites are too enthusiastic about participating in any multi site wars anymore.

Tip.it would initiate loads of mass recruiting programs of course, and we'd probably get about 600 people. RSOF could easily pull 1400 people. Jagex doesn't even need a front page announcement (that would probably draw tens of thousands- yikes). I was thinking along the lines of just a few stickies in the general board, events board, and clan board. And consider this too- Jagex wouldn't "cheat," they are obviously a legitimate company and wouldn't even dare hire outside rune clans (I still remember that controversy in MSSW3 and 4, some fansites accused eachother of hiring high level rune clans) or do anything else sketchy. It would be a nice fair fight which may reduce some of the flaming in the end. No one can call it an unfair fight (unless tip.it cheats :( ).

I was hoping the admins could help contact Jagex about this idea. That's all I'm asking of the admins- just to propose this idea to jagex and then let jagex talk to us non-admins interested in doing this. We could iron out the rules with them and make sure everything is fair. Then we'll set a date, a time, all that, and even set out the leaders and commanders beforehand. Tip.it could have some temporary 'MSSW5 organization team' to run the mass recruiting campaign and make sure everything goes smoothly. Remember last MSSW, when people simply assumed power and then later there was a debate about how was actually in charge of the tip.it team? Let's eliminate that and have a good, organized team to pick the leader. (Maybe das wants to lead this time? hehe)

Heck we could even rename the war. Since we may initiate this on our own, we may want to drop the name Multi Site Steel War 5, since its no longer affiliated with the creator (Dustin).

I'm not going to let go of this idea until I'm proven wrong that it won't work. To me the MSSWs were a great tradition and we should continue them.

Unor- I know we don't agree. :P I was just using something you said to prove my point.

dangsig.png

By popular demand, this signature is back- however I currently do not have a blog up at the moment and if I did I wouldn't update it. Sorry, the sig links to nowhere :( .

Unor- I know we don't agree. :P I was just using something you said to prove my point.

Wait, I do agree with what you've said. Just...I didn't see how what you said related to what I said. Now I kind of see it :-D

Anyways, I think if the MSSW5 was toned down and didn't become such a giant deal (especially here on Tip.it) I think we could do it again and it would all work out. Sadly, if Tif doesn't make it a big deal then some other fansite will and it'll just all turn into people taking it to seriously again.

unorclanpixelsigzu1.png

Thanks to the amazing talent of Jopie211 for the sig!

Finest Fist of Guthix Strategy Guide

I remember MSSW4... god we out mass every other clan. I arrive about 2 minute late and the whole MSSW was over.

huntintheenemy-1.png

Legendz - 100+ F2p combat !! Join today and get TWO free cookies @@@@@

crowngolduh9.gif - Proud Leader of LEGENDZ

warsword.gif - Proud Warlord of Clan Europe

I was at MSSW4, i was actually unoficially leading a group of players and we outnumbered everyone else like atleast 5-1. We were massing in the wilderness at one point ( pvp world) and another site logged in right where we were and they got dropped in about 1 minute. :o

Mari0.png

Mari0.png