Multi Site Steel War 5 is a no.

Neos_Matrix

Having attended the 2 previous wars, I must say that the war that took place in Clan Wars was nowhere near as fun as the last one that took place in the Wilderness. Unless we could somehow get onto a PvP world and do it, I would not want to attend another war in Clan Wars.

lovepanda86.png
lovepanda86.png
--8727th person to achieve 99 Fishing on 8/19/2008--
--6012th person to achieve 99 Thieving on 10/12/2008--

R.I.P. October 31, 2013

lovepanda.png

99 Fletching 7/16/2015

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

MSSW5 will happen, cant give you an exact date, but it will happen.

Back in the days of MSSW1 i would throw these topics together in just a bit of time, but it seems that the more i learn about programming the more complex they become. For this next event i plan on creating very basic stat signatures that will store a given users stats in a database. This database will then report how many people are on a given team and the average level and such. There are a bunch of issues involving this, like what if someone uses the TIP.it sig as well as the RV sig, but they should be easy enough to overcome. Either way have faith that MSSW5 will happen when i get some spare time :)

MSSW4TI.png

Tip.It verse RSOF.

Another problem I have with the MSSW is that afterward, you have players from fan sites jumping from clan chats and insulting, spamming or trolling them in their idea of revenge or entertainment; some of which our fellow tif'ers decided to keep perusing and only made worse. :|

Popoto.~<3

The only way I can see this happen is if we take it to the ultimate fight ever; and make it a Tip.it vs RSoF fight... And that will be a tough one to beat!

Do it! It really just comes down to finding an opponent to fight and RSoF is that.

Really? Tipit vs RSOF would be pretty much equal to a maxed level prayer in guthans fighting ten thousand level 50 players in black.

Runescape player since 2005
Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

Maybe it could be...

tip.it vs. All others.

Seems even, but there wouldn't be the multi-team chaos. Well, I guess there really wasn't that last time either, as there were too many tipiters.

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn!

The wars weren't even about "who is the strongest fansite" but rather "who could get their users in the overloaded server first". Seriously, the whole server was full 3 hours before the war started, a majority from tipiters, and not many other sites could get in even if they were prepared for war. It wasn't really much of a war. Unless we can find a way to get around the server limit, i doubt there'll be another war.

[hide=]

tip it would pay me $500.00 to keep my clothes ON :( :lol:
But then again, you fail to realize that 101% of the people in this universe hate you. Yes, humankind's hatred against you goes beyond mathematical possibilities.
That tears it. I'm starting an animal rebellion using my mind powers. Those PETA bastards will never see it coming until the porcupines are half way up their asses.
[/hide]

montageo.png

Apparently a lot of people say it. I own.

http://linkagg.com/ Not my site, but a simple, budding site that links often unheard-of websites that are amazing for usefulness and fun.

wat we need is for jagex to make mssw (at least #5) an ofical event, then for jagex to temporealy combine 2 or 3 servers or something and get a good 6000 people fighting.

the cpu useage seting on this world can only be set to minimum.

any armour that is not steel has no stats (like member items in a non-members world)

last of all, being an ofical event, add rsof to the list and make 3 teams.

RSOF

v

Tip.It

v

rune vilage and rune cript and wateva the rest are...

does that look fair?

how ever in the 99.999999999992 chance jagex does not do this then MSSW 5 should go on anyway, even if it ends up being tip.iters v tip.iters

mlpfim20percentcoolersi.jpg

I'm a Brony and proud of it!

never participated before. but i have always wanted to just never on. the way jagex is going i think there is a huge huge huge possibility they support the multi site war. if this is the case i would, regardless of classes, be part of it. this is the reason i was never a part in the past, i could not be assured i would not have a test that given day at no notice. but now in grad school, i will be there regardless of the date, the prof's now will take almost any legit excuse for me to miss an exam.

yes i know i've been a member a while with few posts...what can i say, i'm a troll

I wonder why Tip It owns MSSWs so much, I was in one and we did in fact overwhelm everyone. I could barely find any enemies lol, I thought Zybez has more daily views than we do.
The first two MSSW's had no/hardly any planning beforehand. Once MSSW3 came, clanners--the experts in warring--took control and set up leadership. I began asking clans to join us, which brought in a good chunk of ops. Mario Sunny, Das1330, and I were FI leaders, making some sort of organization. As the MSSW4 approached, we set up leadership once more, recruited clans, and headed out with multiple times maxed ops.

The reason for the lack of ops from other sides was because W13 of RSC was against MSSW5, making RSC's ops nothing to what it could have been. W13 posted a pompous message about RSC being the center for clans and therefore having nothing to prove in fighting in another MSSW after winning the first two hands down.

And should an MSSW5 ever happen, trust me that I will once again do everything in my power to make sure we have enough people online, and online early enough to completely own the server... It is the only way that Tip.it has a chance :)
I don't mean to be rude, nor do I intend to cause offense, Stormrage, but you didn't have Tip.It as your first priority when you were one of the leaders for MSSW5. You took advantage of your position and used it to advertise your clan.

When the MSSW5 comes, I want a leader that's more loyal to TIF and for once can push aside his or her self-pride.

*-P.K.M-* Website

Dbzruler72.jpeg

mostorganized2.jpg

The only reason tip.it won MSSW 3? was because a couple of large clans got sick of RSC dominating and pulled Tip.it through. It was never really about which fansite could dominate but more about which fansite had the best clans on their side.

I don't know what is happening with MSSW 5 but I do know that the creator did put forward an expression of interest for ideas not that long ago. I'm sure another one will be on the cards one day :) They are great fun and a great novelty event. I look forward to tip.it knocking me into oblivion once again ^_^

buloo

Despite getting attacked by people in rune, rangers and magers I still found it pretty fun. I managed to survive without dying and would love to take part again.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

My first and only MSSW I've been to was the 3rd one, where Tip.it won for the first time.

Most epic day ever.

I remember, the war was like sometime aroud lunch time on a Saturday, and Saturday morning at 4 a.m. there were people (including me) already gathering at the spot of where Tif was to meet before the war. 4am! Yeah...

Then the the war was suppose to start so we swarmed in all over wildy and waited for a bit....then I remember when the enemy arrived and we completely engulfed them like a wave of green.

Then like just a few days later, Jagex canned wildy and pking. MSSW3 was an awesome way to say goodbye to Wildy.

Edit:

steelwar3-1.jpg

Here we were waiting at like 4 in the morning...

unorclanpixelsigzu1.png

Thanks to the amazing talent of Jopie211 for the sig!

Finest Fist of Guthix Strategy Guide

I think we could beat RSOF because we would pull a larger percentage of the forum to the event than them because probably have a larger involvement and interest with this community than they do. Also we have a higher average level I believe.

Best Rubik's cube time solve: 27.81 seconds.

Completed Facebook Tetris Marathon (670k score)

2000+ total with 5 99's, fletching, cooking, attack, thieving and firemaking

MSSW3 was most definitely the best way to say goodbye to the wilderness. I didn't participate in 4, and I won't participate in 5. Runescape really has lost a lot of it's charm in the last few years :/

My Walkthrough and Game Guide

http://forum.tip.it/topic/11294-advertise-your-thing-here-all-posted-elsewhere-removed/page__view__findpost__p__4761261

My Youtube Channel

http://www.youtube.com/user/USDMcat

Latest Announcement:

3-11-11: Both Episodes 1 and 2 of my Borderlands Walkthrough have been uploaded in HD!

And should an MSSW5 ever happen, trust me that I will once again do everything in my power to make sure we have enough people online, and online early enough to completely own the server... It is the only way that Tip.it has a chance :)
I don't mean to be rude, nor do I intend to cause offense, Stormrage, but you didn't have Tip.It as your first priority when you were one of the leaders for MSSW5. You took advantage of your position and used it to advertise your clan.

When the MSSW5 comes, I want a leader that's more loyal to TIF and for once can push aside his or her self-pride.

Ok, you brought it up again, so obviously you want to have this debate again...

Saying you do not want to be rude or cause offense, and then saying that I am not loyal enough to Tip.it, thats a connection I cannot make...

But you are right... My #1 priority is my clan, as it is with ALL clan leaders... I am not staff (Times Writer does not mean you're stff) of Tip.it in any way, so I am not obliged in any particular way to this site, its forums and its people...

At the time I spoke often with Dustin (the organiser) on how to possibly implement a new MSSW since we had no wilderness to speak of... This was well before the FFA areas of clanwars were released, imagine how far it was before the PVP worlds were released... And yes, I asked him to give me a nudge when he was about to post the thread, cuz I had been working on a little guide ever since the 3rd war...

The guide turned out to be HUGE, and apparently very official looking...

The Tip.it staff obviously and understandibly did not like this as it came off as me running the show... I was allowed to continue after a short debate, with it with a massive disclaimer at the top of the guide that the Tip.it staff was working on their own guide, and that it would be posted shortly, and that mine was merely a bunch of collected suggestions for it...

NO EFFORT was seen by the Tip.it staff other then electing the various fall-in leaders (Leaders and Generals, and I was one of the latter), and in the end the consensus was that everyone was to go along with my guide... None of this, though, was ever confirmed by Tip.it staff, or you, DBZ, who was the Leader of Tip.it's army at the time...

Now, for your claim that I was advertising my clan...

Yes, many of my fellow clansmen advertised The Tal Shiar Alliance, and they did so cuz I told them to... I never once mentioned my clan save one occasion...

In Edgeville, well before the war started, I was asked if I was in any particular clan, and if so, which one... Of course I answered... Who could possibly see the harm in this?

But no... People jumped on me from all sides that "a person in my position should know better then to advertise his clan"...

What position? The very position you all drove me, and let me drive myself to... Yes, I liked to show off, I was proud of what I had accomplished, and yes, I was a General for that war and hence I took it upon myself to make myself as visible as possible by wearing white armor instead of steel...

After the war everyone had no complaint whatsoever about the efforts I mad (I cannot possibly help it that no other site took this much effort to win the war)...

Save one...

Apparently it was not clear enough how important the teamcape was, even though I mentioned that you should not show up to Tip.iters as a white dot on your minimap by being in a CC and/or wearing the teamcape...

We all know that backstabbers and other [wagon] were rampant and for lack of a real enemy, very much apparent as being our main enemy at the time...

I do not regret a single action I have taken, nor a single word I have said pre-, during or post-war...

But, if it takes this much of a straightjacket for me to be allwoed to post a guide (I didnt even ask to be a General, I got it offered thanks to that guide, I think), then thanks... but no thanks... I am quite sure that other people can do just as well as I did... Just liek they promised back then too...

I have been a leader of my clan for over three eyars, and my clan has been aroudn these forums for just as long too...

In fact I am willing to state that my clan is the most woven-in-to clan in the Tip.it community...

To question my loyalty to Tip.it, who have let me graciously given me a sweet spot on the front page once a month to let my thoughts provoke some of yours, who have allowed me to post that massive guide and for it to be used during the MSSW's, who have made it possible for my clan to do so many things here, including the foudning of The Conclave..?

It's beneath you... And it reeks of jealousy...

I had always hoped our two clans would have a future together with Tip.it, as we are the last remaining clans on these boards to have stuck with it since thy arived (and not ran off to RSC)... That will no longer be the case, and that breaks my heart...

Former Leader of The Tal Shiar Alliance - An Original Tip.it Clan
Member of the Wilderness Guardians and Founder of the Silent Guardians
Founder of The Conclave - A Tip.it Clan institution
Tip.it Times author (click for all my articles) - When I use the wrong reasons to make the right statement, argue the reason, not the statement.
MSSW4 General - Did we kick your ass too?

Check us out!
wildsig3.gif
clanmotif.png
==> No seriously, if you like FREE GP, XP and Dung tokens, as well as Community, Opportunity and above all FUN... <==
CLICK IT!

I'd just like to say that as a member of the Tal Shiar Alliance it saddens me that this has had to happen, especially after our recent joint event looked like being the start of a strong bond. It just goes to show how one unfounded and unnecessary comment can ruin friendships and alliances.

TheIceMagics.png

TheIceMagics.png

Tal Shiar and Proud!

Ok, you brought it up again, so obviously you want to have this debate again...

And in the red corner of this fearsome three way weighing in at 255 pounds - your world heavyweight champion - DAS

Saying you do not want to be rude or cause offense, and then saying that I am not loyal enough to Tip.it, thats a connection I cannot make...

Being objective and unbiased: I can't think a user here in my time asides you when it comes to clan dealings in the clan forums that has been questioned more as far as hidden agendas - and i'm pretty sure everyone has some sort of agenda - but yours does consistently and constantly make your peers question your motives. At the end of the day that's an issue that's not really great for public discussion, but it does have influence on who we bestow our event leadership to.

But you are right... My #1 priority is my clan, as it is with ALL clan leaders... I am not staff (Times Writer does not mean you're stff) of Tip.it in any way, so I am not obliged in any particular way to this site, its forums and its people...

I'm going to use the first part of this quote as a reason for telling you no in the future when you ask why you cannot do X,Y,Z or the sort with the war. Although every leader wants to promote his or her clan, they need to be mature enough to put aside promotion of the day and focus on leading a FUN EVENT. IT'S A FUN EVENT - there again: IT'S A FUN EVENT. It's not a promotional or PR tool. It's a fun silly war in which our numbers typically could crush most others. If you do a good a job unbiasedly leading people who are looking for a clan, they will probably see who you belong too. As a leader of two clans and a member of a once top pking clan I'm a firm believer that the good clans don't need to advertise - Ten bucks says if a warlord from DF led he wouldn't have promoed.

At the time I spoke often with Dustin (the organiser) on how to possibly implement a new MSSW since we had no wilderness to speak of... This was well before the FFA areas of clanwars were released, imagine how far it was before the PVP worlds were released... And yes, I asked him to give me a nudge when he was about to post the thread, cuz I had been working on a little guide ever since the 3rd war...

And your guide was very authoritative and didn't issue a disclaimer that it was unofficial - hence our editing in big red scarlet letters - You're guide also lacked (At least originally and to my knowledge until the war) important information, such as the need to wear clan capes.. which lead to lots of confusion and pissed off tip.iters.

with it with a massive disclaimer at the top of the guide that the Tip.it staff was working on their own guide, and that it would be posted shortly, and that mine was merely a bunch of collected suggestions for it...
I don't recall the need to write a guide in depth as you did - it was largely common sense. We are busy and we take and treat this like a fun event, so if anything a basic information post would be all we desired. Either way it's been a year, and we felt your guide was doing more harm in confusing people than helping without the disclaimer.

NO EFFORT was seen by the Tip.it staff other then electing the various fall-in leaders

I'd disagree - then again no offense - you take this event and make it into more than just a fun event. That's all it is really. As I've said before, it's stupid to make a post full of tactics for a steel war. It's a steel war. A large majority of our support base will either be people who have been in a clans and therefore dont need to know, or skillers who haven't and will never understand it until they live it.

Now, for your claim that I was advertising my clan...

Yes, many of my fellow clansmen advertised The Tal Shiar Alliance, and they did so cuz I told them to... I never once mentioned my clan save one occasion...In Edgeville, well before the war started, I was asked if I was in any particular clan, and if so, which one... Of course I answered... Who could possibly see the harm in this?

Fact: I had multiple complaints of you advertising.

Interneting note - again it's been a year (so the fact people are so up in arms about a bloody guide and a war we won thats FUN kinda worries me) but I could of swore you told me that you would NEVER promote advertising like that in that situation.

But no... People jumped on me from all sides that "a person in my position should know better then to advertise his clan"...

I agree - to me it's a sign of maturity that comes with leadership - I don't think many leaders in the position you were in would of done that.

What position? The very position you all drove me, and let me drive myself to... Yes, I liked to show off, I was proud of what I had accomplished, and yes, I was a General for that war and hence I took it upon myself to make myself as visible as possible by wearing white armor instead of steel...

Melodramatic much - it's a fun event that you in your "glory" actually felt the urge to wear to signify that you were better? marked? special? Stupid for wearing white armor over steel? I don't think anyone "drove" you to advertising. Anyone who has been to a steel war knows how spammy chat is - to be able to read and reply to someone asking your clan is pretty far fetched. The notion that others drove you to "advertise" is absurd.

Infact others were asked to add the generals and turn public to friends, which made your advertising "worse".

After the war everyone had no complaint whatsoever about the efforts I mad (I cannot possibly help it that no other site took this much effort to win the war)...

Biggest site to show up = winner. Corr kicked our [wagon] when it was corr vs tip.it and I'm sure had Zybez showed up, they would have given us a serious challenge.

I do not regret a single action I have taken, nor a single word I have said pre-, during or post-war...

Thats great - I'm glad you don't regret anything, Editorial panel or not - doesn't mean you will take part in another steel war on our behalf if there is one again. And after your flippant attitude on this post, I can pretty much safely say that it won't happen again.

<boasting removed for the crap I don't care to address as no one is questioning your loyalty, just your motives, ethics or integrity > including the founding of The Conclave..?

The Conclave in it's current form I don't believe was your idea. I do believe the original idea was perceived to be a bad idea - earning ugly names like the "breeding ground of corruption" because it heavily favored tyour clan and was rather biased towards smaller clans alienating the larger ones - thats been like 3-4 years?

It's beneath you... And it reeks of jealousy...

Objectively - WTF - would dbz be jealous of - he led wars, has had a tip.it clan involved with the community, clan mod, CIC leader, big part of the CIC - Daresay short of writing an editorial he's done some impressive stuff around here as well. And he was a successful moderator to boot.

I had always hoped our two clans would have a future together with Tip.it, as we are the last remaining clans on these boards to have stuck with it since thy arived (and not ran off to RSC)... That will no longer be the case, and that breaks my heart...

An alliance broken off over a disagreement about actions at fun steel war for a website a year prior?

I've seen it all.

REMEMBER IT'S A FUN WAR

Have a nice day

~Das

"Any people anywhere, being inclined and having the power, have the right to rise up, and shake off the existing government, and form a new one that suits them better. This is a most valuable - a most sacred right - a right, which we hope and believe, is to liberate the world."

Abraham Lincoln

Mmmm das sorry I didn't read all your quote train, but I know YOU want an MSSW5! Surely such a distinguished clanmember such as yourself would welcome another war.

Anyone siding with me that we need another MSSW? I think we should shove aside all these 'politics' and start seriously thinking about how we can organize another epic war like the last four. The MSSWs are not only fun, they bring the community together. What's a better way to forge friendships and fight with your pals than an all out multi site steel war? It isn't about who's the better site, it's about coming together as a community acting like a clan, and beating our opponents together.

I'm asking anyone who's reading this now, don't dismiss the idea of a MSSW5 just yet. We can learn from our mistakes in the past. The MSSW4 was significantly less fun than the previous one because the other sites didn't bother to show up- already knowing they were going to lose. Now think- perhaps this doesn't have to be a fight against the fansites- perhaps it could be tip.it vs. runescape.com. We contact Jagex and ask them to recruit an army on the RSOF to fight tip.it (besides, they've been trying to reach out to the community anyway. For gods sake, they've got an entire team dedicated to interacting with players online!). Is that idea so ridiculous? I think it's quite plausible. If you have a better idea, by all means throw it out. :razz:

The point is, let's try to solve the problems of last war and make this next one the most epic yet.

dangsig.png

By popular demand, this signature is back- however I currently do not have a blog up at the moment and if I did I wouldn't update it. Sorry, the sig links to nowhere :( .

No more steel wars please. First three were alright, but it's a old idea and the clan world is too different now. You could never have a clean one like the last few ones have been. Clans like PH, NI, VR, DK, etc. would be all over it. Plus Zybez refuses to fight, so there's never going to be a true fight for us anyways. It'll be like the last time where no one but tipit was to be seen.

pan.png

*sigh* i personally see tip.it as a low flame zone. its rather a shame we had to go and reopen year old wounds.

Linkzelda30.jpeg

image2ez.png

[hide=Siggy credits]The Awesome, Epic, Amazing, S3xah A-10 Sig By Unolexi! I wub u Uno!

InsanityV2 Did the Franz Ferdinand Sig.

Killerwatt is responsible for the Arctic Monkeys sig.

Pat_61 did the B-2 sig and the raptor sig.[/hide]

Mmmm das sorry I didn't read all your quote train, but I know YOU want an MSSW5! Surely such a distinguished clanmember such as yourself would welcome another war.

Give me something fun - in rune or something, while it's neat for the users - my life is unaffected if more of these happen or not.

if the dude who makes them makes a 5th one , sweet i'll be there - if he doesn't - that his call - not mine.

"Any people anywhere, being inclined and having the power, have the right to rise up, and shake off the existing government, and form a new one that suits them better. This is a most valuable - a most sacred right - a right, which we hope and believe, is to liberate the world."

Abraham Lincoln

So, I've read these couple of posts and replies about last year and certain things that happened and I'm still wondering....why are they still talking about it; a year later?

Somebody's got to move on.

unorclanpixelsigzu1.png

Thanks to the amazing talent of Jopie211 for the sig!

Finest Fist of Guthix Strategy Guide