Wherever I go...there's always someone that wants to insult or argue with me

xonicole

104 fishing guild used to be like my second home. Years ago, it used to be a really friendly place. I met most of my friends there and it made 99 fishing seem like a breeze. Once all of my friends left to pursue other goals, the next "generation" moved in. As time went by, people started becoming more impolite and juvenile.

"I bet you're fat."

"You're a nerd, you have a skill cape."

I'm now at a point where I can't even step into the guild anymore, because I simply can not stand it! But it's not only the fishing guild, it's basically everywhere I go.

Anyone else noticing this trend? <_<

runescape.jpg

Reverse for me :/

I was just doing a Bloodveld task and this lv 130 comes and does a task to. He ask me how many I have left, I told him I have 20 left (I was there a good hour) and he got angry because I have less than him! Then he told me to fight like a man and not use range with safe spots...

Wongton is better than me in anyway~~

94qbe.jpg

There are actually people that try to insult or argue with you on Runescape? You either must be really unlucky or are just ranting for the sake of it! :blink:

In my 1 1/2 years of Runescaping, I have never, ever met somebody that tries to insult/argue with me. Ever.

My homeworld is even World 1, the world full of all those people that hang around in Lumbridge Castle just randomly chatting. :rolleyes:

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

There are actually people that try to insult or argue with you on Runescape? You either must be really unlucky or are just ranting for the sake of it! :blink:

In my 1 1/2 years of Runescaping, I have never, ever met somebody that tries to insult/argue with me. Ever.

My homeworld is even World 1, the world full of all those people that hang around in Lumbridge Castle just randomly chatting. :rolleyes:

Reading your first two sentences, I thought you were opening with a troll. Then reading on I realized you were serious.

I'm sorry, but I now believe you're blind.

OnT: Welcome to 'scape. It's the truth.

d9f84e76d7.png

Reading your first two sentences, I thought you were opening with a troll. Then reading on I realized you were serious.

He's FTP.

Although that still doesn't help explain him not meeting any trolls. I personally troll on world 1 rather frequently.

/

I guess it depends how you act. Certain people attract certain people.

Zerker_jane.png

You know it's pretty obvious that my claim above was false. I was exaggerating to show TC that the community really isn't that bad. <_<

@ TC: There will always be people that are bound to insult you. But why take it personally? There's no point, because even if you do rant, it's not like POOF! All those mean people are gone.

Just be thankful that the insulters are not people you personally know irl.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

People get jealous or annoyed at people on the internet easily. It's very common for people to, say, insult higher levels saying they are a no life nerd or something, simply out of (sub?)conscious jealousy. Or they feel superior to you because they are a higher level. Or they're just annoyed at you for living; more importantly, living at a resource or monster they'd rather have to themselves. Or they're just using the internet as a way to vent their frustrations. Or they're immature. Or any combination thereof.

My signature is an awesome description of this kinda stuff :P

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

Yeah, earlier I got called "lucky" because I was in the cooking guild using the bank to cook fish. When I replied that it wasn't luck and that I had earned the right, he said i'm a "no-lifer." Yeah, that's a great insult. Anyone who knows my stats would know that I should be a lot higher considering how long I've played. Me having a life has gotten in the way of my having high levels.

This website and its contents are copyright © 1999 - 2010 Jagex Ltd.

Aye. Seems no matter where I go, someone tries to insult me or start an argument with me. :unsure: Last time I went to Soul Wars, some guy about 20 levels lower than me started attacking me, then since I attacked back, started calling me a noob and said he was going to post screenshots to prove what a noob I am for attacking lower levels. :mellow: Um, what? Then I get random people calling me nerd/noob. It's exactly why I pretty much always keep public chat off.

[hide]sevestia.png[/hide]

There's always an argument at the fishing guild haha.

I've not been involved in many 'arguments' or whatever. Though recently I got cussed for logging onto a world to chop ivy. I hadn't even moved from my spot.

I do hate it when people brag about how popular they are in real life though. That stuff doesn't make you cool.

I'm not going to turn my chat off though.

rc1tzc.png

☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢

Whenever someone uses the word nerd on me, I reply:

"If you think that I am an intellectual badass, then so be it." :thumbup:

"An Amateur practices until he can get it right. A Professional practices until he can't get it wrong."

nimetnbb.jpg

Quests just keep bringing me back to this game.

There's always an argument at the fishing guild haha.

I've not been involved in many 'arguments' or whatever. Though recently I got cussed for logging onto a world to chop ivy. I hadn't even moved from my spot.

I do hate it when people brag about how popular they are in real life though. That stuff doesn't make you cool.

I'm not going to turn my chat off though.

Amen.:/

runescape.jpg

You know it's pretty obvious that my claim above was false. I was exaggerating to show TC that the community really isn't that bad. <_<

@ TC: There will always be people that are bound to insult you. But why take it personally? There's no point, because even if you do rant, it's not like POOF! All those mean people are gone.

Just be thankful that the insulters are not people you personally know irl.

Yeah. I know where you're coming from, and I agree; however, it's just unbelievable to me how immature people can be. I don't take their insults seriously, because I know they don't know me personally. I tend to just ignore them these days, but it's becoming a problem when you ignore multiple people a week.

I thought this game was 13+? <.<

runescape.jpg

I've noticed this. and while i've always beleived that high levels have the right to put lower levels in their place, there are so many lower levels who think they can speak down to higher levels.

i'll admit it though, i call people noobs when:

they come (after me) to a secluded or individual training spot and they dont leave. this especially annoys me when they have lower levels/ worse gear

they said ridiculous things in pvp. in pvp i never tend to call people noobs.. only when they say "dm" and then run or they pj me and dont expect me to use my anti pj mechanism (broad bolts ftw)

[size="5"][font="Georgia"][b]Staking:[/b][/font][font="Palatino Linotype"][color="#FF0000"][/color][color="#FFFF00"][/color][color="#00FF00"] 4+ mil[/color][/font]
[font="Georgia"][b]Current Status:[/b][/font][font="Palatino Linotype"][color="#FF0000"][/color][color="#0000FF"] Training defense [/color][/font][/size]

I notice it in most of the places I go. In fact it's the reason I stopped pking years ago, I can't stand the attitude of most pkers (not all of them but most). Normally when you win a fight it ends with the other guy dieing and saying something like "gf nerd nice safing" or "nice prayer noob"(even though they pray also). Then there's the case of you losing: It usually involves something along the lines of "gf sad noob" or just simply "gf kid". Btw can someone explain to me how kid is an insult now lol

I always see it everywhere. People just go around with this cavalier attitude. It irritates me sometimes more than other times. Younger and younger people play, the game gets bigger and lower leveled players get membership, all combining to create the current state of the community.

Right at this moment on RS someone asked to borrow my shield multiple times, I said no and he called me a "noob".

I knew there was a problem in the community when I got a pretty little message saying 'Your ignore list is full"

I decided to delete a few people; and some guy I don't remember at all Pm'ed me saying I'm a noob who should fall off the Earth and die...it's even worse that he doesn't know about gravity.

Yeah. I know where you're coming from, and I agree; however, it's just unbelievable to me how immature people can be. I don't take their insults seriously, because I know they don't know me personally. I tend to just ignore them these days, but it's becoming a problem when you ignore multiple people a week.

I thought this game was 13+? <.<

You don't have to ignore everyone you see, you know. <_< My ignore list is empty ever since I started.

I just let those people insult me and respond with a "lol". But since I now only talk to people that can actually start a good conversation, I don't hear insults that much.

The game is in fact 13+, it's just that certain people in the age range like to act immature. Either it's for teh lulz, or they seriously are that [developmentally delayed]ed. :mellow:

Remember: Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never hurt me. ;)

douvdFX.jpg

Blog