World Record Held by Runescape Player

meister14

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Right I give up. people who are replying now aren't reading previous posts, may as well be running around in circles if you ask me. We're not going to get anywhere, those who are saying "It's bad omg" are actually missing the point of every single post bar there's and those they agree with. You're always going to be able to find a way that it may be "bad" so stop trying and trying and trying to do just that with no regard for the previous post which is actually showing you how possible this feat is without ruining ones life.

RIP Michaelangelopolous

Right I give up. people who are replying now aren't reading previous posts, may as well be running around in circles if you ask me. We're not going to get anywhere, those who are saying "It's bad omg" are actually missing the point of every sing post bar there's and those they agree with. You're always going to be able to find a way that it may be "bad" so stop trying and trying and trying to do just that with no regard for the previous post which is actually showing you how possible this feat is without ruining ones life.

Well said Carl. You guys are just like the RSOF Rants people - looking for cons in everything.

"Oh no! 200M exp in a skill? That guy has no life omg." "Wtf maxed out F2Pers? You aren't P2P, why should you be recognized?" "Most posts in RSOF? Pfft spammer."

Just stop, will ya guys?

On Topic: Who is the current #2? I just wanna know.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

Final statement: who the hell has the right to think that they are better than someone just because they play less. No one is better than any other person for doing what they like. Don't be so fast to judge.

mck.pngMck.png

Noobs: We pay we say

JaGeX: How much will you pay?

Qeltar, I hate to attack you personally, but you're being a bit of a hypocrite. You're telling us that this individual has a problem because they're addicted to runescape, but I look at your signature and I can't help but notice

"Qeltar, aka Charles Kozierok

Webmaster, RuneScoop - Premium RuneScape Information for Expert Players

Featuring the best guide to making money on RuneScape, with over 450 methods and variations fully explained!"

Hypocrite? Hardly. I'm not an RS addict who wants to be a celebrity while simultaneously saying others shouldn't.

Clearly you have no idea of what is involved in making something like my Moneymaking guide. Yes, it requires a lot of RS play time, but on the order of a few hundred hours over a long period of time. But that's not time spent goofing around -- it is time spent doing rigorous playtesting, which believe me, takes effort. On top of that you can add a few hundred hours of design work, writing, data structure analysis and construction, site query setup, programming, explanation and more.

The result is something tangible and useful that can save players collectively tens of thousands of hours of pointless grinding. I do consider that an achievement. Yet still, I don't expect to be considered a hero for it.

So where is *this* person's achievement? What did she achieve? Nobody can explain this -- because there's nothing there. She didn't achieve anything, she just racked up a lot of time online. Sorry if people can't deal with the truth, but this record could have been set by a chimp with a macro program.

who the hell has the right to think that they are better than someone just because they play less.

Everyone has the right to think that, and to say it. And you can be sure that for every person who says it here, 100 more are thinking it and don't want to be childishly flamed by people who can't be bothered to look at the issue critically.

And if you are talking about ordinary people in the real world, make it 1000 to 1 (or more).

Getting in a record book is not always something to be proud of. Ask Manuel Uribe.

Qeltar, aka Charles Kozierok

Webmaster, RuneScoop - Premium RuneScape Information for Expert Players -- Now Free!

Featuring the Ultimate Guide to Dungeoneering -- everything you need to know to get the most of the new skill!

signew2.png

So where is *this* person's achievement? What did she achieve? Nobody can explain this -- because there's nothing there. She didn't achieve anything, she just racked up a lot of time online. Sorry if people can't deal with the truth, but this record could have been set by a chimp with a macro program.

This persons achievement doesn't have to serve other people - ever heard of a person achievement? Chances are she didn't play 17,000 hours for recognition, but racked up achieving her own personal goals. Just because what she's done hasn't helped other people does not make it any less of an achievement than what you do in attempting to help others.

... :thumbdown:

RIP Michaelangelopolous

What exactly is the achievement?

Explain it to me.

What did she achieve?

Webmaster, RuneScoop - Premium RuneScape Information for Expert Players -- Now Free!

Featuring the Ultimate Guide to Dungeoneering -- everything you need to know to get the most of the new skill!

signew2.png

What exactly is the achievement?

Explain it to me.

What did she achieve?

She achieved 700 hours of playing Runescape. Which is an achievement.

I'll tell you as a pure fact, that if I counted up all the hours in the day I've spent on my laptop/computer over the past 5 years I'd top 700 hours. And I'll tell you that probably only 1% of that is revision and coursework. I average around 8/9 hours on college days and 14 hours on a normal weekend. Yet I still go to college, have friends, eat & shower ect. If I spent all my time on Runescape instead of mooching TIF and other stuff then maybe I would have logged that many hours by now.

I refuse to criticise her for doing what she wants. She's not harming anybody, so what does it matter to us? Why should we care, or she care about what we think?

umilambdaberncgsig.jpg

I edit for the [Tip.It Times]. I rarely write in [My Blog]. I am an [Ex-Moderator].

I think you meant days. It's actually about 16,000 hours over five years.

So tell me: is 16,000 hours of watching TV over five years also an "achievement"?

How about 16,000 hours of smoking weed and lying around in a daze over five years? Is that an "achievement"?

I just wanted to add here that Qeltar should maybe not have assumed that the record holder wanted to be a celebrity. I think he/she is just addicted, that's all.

I feel pretty confident that if she had refused to give her name to Guinness, it would never have been published.

signew2.png

and i thought I played too much runescape! :shock:

Linkzelda30.jpeg

image2ez.png

[hide=Siggy credits]The Awesome, Epic, Amazing, S3xah A-10 Sig By Unolexi! I wub u Uno!

InsanityV2 Did the Franz Ferdinand Sig.

Killerwatt is responsible for the Arctic Monkeys sig.

Pat_61 did the B-2 sig and the raptor sig.[/hide]

I think you meant days. It's actually about 16,000 hours over five years.

So tell me: is 16,000 hours of watching TV over five years also an "achievement"?

How about 16,000 hours of smoking weed and lying around in a daze over five years? Is that an "achievement"?

I just wanted to add here that Qeltar should maybe not have assumed that the record holder wanted to be a celebrity. I think he/she is just addicted, that's all.

I feel pretty confident that if she had refused to give her name to Guinness, it would never have been published.

Why don't you just stop the nagging and see the truth in what people say. You don't always have to be right, you know. It's actually okay to be wrong. Stop the nit-picking, you know right well that half of the posts here are actually sensible, but you're throwing them aside to fit in your own piece of how they should live by. Their achievement doesn't have to be publicly known, understand that. And as Bedman correctly said, they perhaps aren't doing it to be a celebrity. Not every goal has to be recognised by others for it to be sensible. You really need to stop posting on this one thread if all you will do is ignore the truth to add in your own bit of nonsense in every single post. Is that too much to ask? Perhaps a bit of consideration wouldn't go a long way. This isn't a thread about Qeltar, lets not make it that, alright?

RIP Michaelangelopolous

Ring, you can't even spell her name right, how the HELL do you know anything about that RS made he bedridden? Geez.

Its a record. SO THE EFF WHAT? Stop trying to push your prerogatives on others. Don't be so judgmental.

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]

carl0dublin, if you don't want to make the thread about me, you might want to review your last post, which was entirely about me. ;)

I am happy to admit when I am wrong about something. But I have to be *convinced* that I am wrong. Dogpiling and browbeating won't do the trick. Sorry.

If you want to persuade me that I'm wrong, it's really simple to do. Explain to me what this person has actually accomplished. Tell us how that the mere act of spending 16,000 hours on an online game is any more of an accomplishment than spending 16,000 hours watching TV.

Nobody can seem to do that, and the reason is pretty obvious.

signew2.png

carl0dublin, if you don't want to make the thread about me, you might want to review your last post, which was entirely about me. ;)

I am happy to admit when I am wrong about something. But I have to be *convinced* that I am wrong. Dogpiling and browbeating won't do the trick. Sorry.

If you want to persuade me that I'm wrong, it's really simple to do. Explain to me what this person has actually accomplished. Tell us how that the mere act of spending 16,000 hours on an online game is any more of an accomplishment than spending 16,000 hours watching TV.

Nobody can seem to do that, and the reason is pretty obvious.

Yes, I was replying to you in my post. Which means, of course, the post will be about you. But the fact that you're comparing everything in this persons life, basicly, to youur life is what I'm talking about. "Because I do this, so should she, otherwise she's..not human!".

You never admit you're wrong, I don't think I've read one of your posts where you're not either trying to put someone down or make yourself look better. Why must we convince you, when it's pretty obvious? Who said that playing this much was to get into this book? It was completely personal, for no other reason. You need to understand that. I don't know why you've went from saying how bad their life must be now to their being in the book. Is that because you know you were wrong? Here we go again, replying to the smallest part of a post, why not just say "Yes, perhaps she does have a life and I am simply beating around the bush". What are you going to give out about next?

RIP Michaelangelopolous

Pfft this seems to go nowhere since both of you don't listen to each other. I think we can generally conclude that this person at least doesn't have a "normal life". Whether this is "no life" and whether he/she needs help is a question of opinion I guess. Oh, and I'm pretty sure he/she is addicted.

]I have a friend who is a fireman. When he's not out on a call, he and the other firemen read, watch TV, and sometimes he plays RS. What "more challenging" job should he go for?

Perhaps they should spend their time checking equipment and making sure everything works rather than sitting about on their [wagon] waiting for something to start burning.

By the way, GWD and GTA while running on the treadmill is tricky but do-able. :arrow: I thought that had some merit to this discussion.

But what happens if you trip? :P

asrhasrh.jpg

Yes, I was replying to you in my post. Which means, of course, the post will be about you.

Yeah, and so was this one. I guess you're the one who wants to make this thread about me. I don't appreciate the personal attacks, especially when I work very hard to avoid making any myself.

The topic here is not me. It is the simple fact that this is no more of an accomplishment than being a couch potato. If it really were some great achievement, you could explain what that is, instead of attacking me.

signew2.png

Yes, I was replying to you in my post. Which means, of course, the post will be about you.

Yeah, and so was this one. I guess you're the one who wants to make this thread about me. I don't appreciate the personal attacks, especially when I work very hard to avoid making any myself.

The topic here is not me. It is the simple fact that this is no more of an accomplishment than being a couch potato. If it really were some great achievement, you could explain what that is, instead of attacking me.

I think it's pretty obvious that the mere fact that this player made it to the Guinness book is "the" achievement itself that some poster seem to view so highly. To me it is not an achievement worth praising because it's a passive one. Watching TV 9 hours a day for 5 years on the couch is the same "achievement", it's a passive one and not worth my praise. It's also funny how everyone that "tries" to argue with Qeltar never replies to his question about how it is any different from a couch potato...

langerkiller.png

Follow the progress of top players and my weekly updates here: 200M in all Skills

Latest Milestones Chart update : page 602

Latest top 15 update : page 602

6 slowest skills chart : page 563

]I have a friend who is a fireman. When he's not out on a call, he and the other firemen read, watch TV, and sometimes he plays RS. What "more challenging" job should he go for?

Perhaps they should spend their time checking equipment and making sure everything works rather than sitting about on their [wagon] waiting for something to start burning.

By the way, GWD and GTA while running on the treadmill is tricky but do-able. :arrow: I thought that had some merit to this discussion.

You get busted and have to car-jacking again to get back your guns ;).

Qeltar, I agree that the personal attacks were uncalled for, but the accomplishment was her own. Maybe she wanted to achieve 200m xp in a skill, that's her own personal achievement. Maybe she wanted to buy a DFS, that's her own personal achievement. Just because her achievements don't live up to your standards doesn't mean they aren't achievements for HER. It's her life, bro, if she'd rather play RS all day, let her, I know I won't let my son do that because it's much more beautiful outside (well...today's kind of [cabbage], but it's been like this for a week lol). If she's satisfied with how she lives her life, then let her live it!

~ Proud Father ~ Proud (Currently Deployed) Army National Guardsmen ~ Proud Lakota ~ Retired Tip.It Crew ~

I think it's pretty obvious that the mere fact that this player made it to the Guinness book is "the" achievement itself that some poster seem to view so highly. To me it is not an achievement worth praising because it's a passive one. Watching TV 9 hours a day for 5 years on the couch is the same "achievement", it's a passive one and not worth my praise. It's also funny how everyone that "tries" to argue with Qeltar never replies to his question about how it is any different from a couch potato...

If you can watch TV for a large number of hours in your whole lifetime, and has a way of recording and validating your claims, then submit it to the Guiness Book of World Record, I'm sure that you'll be listed as the man who achieved the most time spent watching TV as well. It's just a record showing the the achievements of people mainly by using numbers as comparison, not based on whether it's healthy or glorious. There's a bunch of records that would have been considered unhealthy or silly based on people's personal opinion, but that's not a parameter for consideration to be listed in the world record. The word 'achieve' is just a word that is commonly used in the Guiness Record.

Ok, so you made your point, you think that this person is leading an unhealthy lifestyle. I may or may not agree with you. He/She may or may not be, no one knows for sure. End of story.

Zepheras.png

"Do you really want to go back to the time when Falador was grey, lesser demon look like goats, dragons look like cows, hellhound look like cats and your character stands as stiff as a statue?"

-F1775

You get busted and have to car-jacking again to get back your guns ;).

Qeltar, I agree that the personal attacks were uncalled for, but the accomplishment was her own. Maybe she wanted to achieve 200m xp in a skill, that's her own personal achievement. Maybe she wanted to buy a DFS, that's her own personal achievement. Just because her achievements don't live up to your standards doesn't mean they aren't achievements for HER. It's her life, bro, if she'd rather play RS all day, let her, I know I won't let my son do that because it's much more beautiful outside (well...today's kind of [cabbage], but it's been like this for a week lol). If she's satisfied with how she lives her life, then let her live it!

It wasn't a personal attack, it was simply a reply in which I would have hoped you'd get an understanding of what myself and several others are trying to say to you but you're brushing it off and continuing. Apologies if it came across as an attack, that wasn't at all my intention. If you wish to just ignore everything, then fine. I'll go on about my business.

RIP Michaelangelopolous

Well i never even said her name. And if shes bedridden for the past 5 years then shes probably using rs to escape. If thats the case i still agree wtih Qelter because shes using Runescape in the place of a drug which isnt an achievement.

True i shouldnt be judgmental, but so what this is the internet i can express my opinions just as you are. I find that playing 9+ hours a day is unhealthy to ANYONE no matter what your condition or schedule is.

Ive already agreed to disagree, im not going to change your opinion and your not going to change mine

RuneScape in the place of a drug? You must be kidding me. I'm not going to dare go down that road, but I do hope you've met a drug addict and a RuneScape addict. I think then you'll realise that RuneScape isn't a "drug", as you've put it. Unless you're talking about the addiction - that's not a drug either. There's a difference between being addicted and and simply enjoying something. If I, for example played RuneScape for 20 hours a day 7 days a week, for the simple reason that I love the game and I have set personal goals, that is not because I am addicted. It's not because I have to play, it's because I want to. I'd find enjoyment in setting a goal and beating it, I won't spiral downhill if I suddenly stop playing.

RIP Michaelangelopolous