Best Money making monsters

Wisky_is_Goo

Im at 110 combat, with 75 range and mage, 80+ other combat skills, i have access to MOST equipment excluding godswords.

Im not looking for things with rare amazing drops, but something a little less rare that still rakes in items i can easily sell and make a good bit of change, Ive heard avansies are good, but ive been away from RS for awhile, so are there any other suggestions?

wisky_is_goo.png

the suggestion that i expect you to get is do slayer. you cna get a ton of of money doing it. how ever i understand if you dont like to move around. in that case i have no idea lol

~~~legoman187~~~

nee0cg.png

Clicky siggy for blog

Thanks Pendonub for fancy new sig

Thieving guide[WIP]

Loyal player since May 2005 and member since November 2005 and Tifer for many years

~~~legoman187~~~

Believe it or not.. the best money monster right now (for consistent earning, as you requested) is...

Snakes on Mos'le Harmless.

Qeltar, aka Charles Kozierok

Webmaster, RuneScoop - Premium RuneScape Information for Expert Players -- Now Free!

Featuring the Ultimate Guide to Dungeoneering -- everything you need to know to get the most of the new skill!

signew2.png

Lol, with 80 stats I recommend either Snakes in Mos Le'Harmless or Cannoning Green Dragons. I'm not sure if ranged levels matter *that* much but when I went, I was earning 900k/h with relative ease. That's with a tortoise and 5 monkfish, running around picking up drops.

Snakes in Mos Le'Harmless are also pretty good, I used to do them as level 110 myself but it's become too... known and well, hard to find a world to take both spawns, which comprimises profits, plus excessively boring. I also suggest instead of earning money first, try raising some combat levels in a efficient manner. Green dragons with near max stats I have is easily 1.3m/h in void at Chaos Tunnels, so do consider raising combat skills.

Personally, I used to get around 200 hides per hour at snakes, which equates to around 600k/h? Kinda shabby but might be the best you can get with your stats. I still prefer cannoning Green Dragons though, with Dbones at a all time high, it's VERY profitable.

I'd just do slayer personally, I can make money on most tasks, and the tasks I don't make money are usually really fast xp so it evens out imo

Plus at higher level you can kill spiritual mages/abby demons which can give a nice amount of money on a task. I hardly ever camp anywhere, I get bored too easily, which is why I like slayer so much, it just tells me what to go kill. I got 4 dragon boots my last SM task and a whip my last Abby demon task :) Then I got 4 mauls off 2 gargoyle tasks.

Lagatag.png

Oh please, Slayer is NOT the most efficient way to earn MONEY, which is the point of this thread. Grinding Gwd or Green Dragons or Merchanting or the many other methods of earning money is far more efficient in the long term. Although - Since the op may consider 'fun' as a factor, Slayer might be an option.

I'd just do slayer personally, I can make money on most tasks, and the tasks I don't make money are usually really fast xp so it evens out imo

Plus at higher level you can kill spiritual mages/abby demons which can give a nice amount of money on a task. I hardly ever camp anywhere, I get bored too easily, which is why I like slayer so much, it just tells me what to go kill. I got 4 dragon boots my last SM task and a whip my last Abby demon task :) Then I got 4 mauls off 2 gargoyle tasks.

You got extremely lucky the last trips you had at spiritual mages and abby demons. You NEVER get D boot/s or whip drop on each trip you make there. In fact, you will most probably NOT get a whip drop on majority of your tasks at the abby demons and maybe none or 1 or 2 D boot drops at spiritual mages. And i can personally say that you can go days without a whip drop while camping there.. So slayer isn't the surest way of making money. It's too dependent on your luck..

Blue or green dragons are guaranteed cash.

aglipoy.png

You got extremely lucky the last trips you had at spiritual mages and abby demons. You NEVER get D boot/s or whip drop on each trip you make there. In fact, you will most probably NOT get a whip drop on majority of your tasks at the abby demons and maybe none or 1 or 2 D boot drops at spiritual mages. And anyone can tell you that you can go days without a whip drop.

OR you could get extremely lucky in one trip and get 3 whips in one task. Apparently Jagex was giving out Christmas gifts to my friend :rolleyes:

You got extremely lucky the last trips you had at spiritual mages and abby demons. You NEVER get D boot/s or whip drop on each trip you make there. In fact, you will most probably NOT get a whip drop on majority of your tasks at the abby demons and maybe none or 1 or 2 D boot drops at spiritual mages. And anyone can tell you that you can go days without a whip drop.

OR you could get extremely lucky in one trip and get 3 whips in one task. Apparently Jagex was giving out Christmas gifts to my friend :rolleyes:

Runescape ignorance at it's best, why not just go Corp for Divine Sigil every kill, by getting "Extremely lucky" as you describe?

Im at 110 combat, with 75 range and mage, 80+ other combat skills, i have access to MOST equipment excluding godswords.

Im not looking for things with rare amazing drops, but something a little less rare that still rakes in items i can easily sell and make a good bit of change, Ive heard avansies are good, but ive been away from RS for awhile, so are there any other suggestions?

By most equipment, I guess you mean a dragon dagger p++, a rune crossbow, a lava/air staff, anicent/void staff, whip, saradomin sword(or eventually switch to bandos gs) and zamarok spear?

Runescape ignorance at it's best, why not just go Corp for Divine Sigil every kill, by getting "Extremely lucky" as you describe?

I fail to see how that post was ignorant. He simply mentioned that you can get pretty lucky. That's a statement, not ignorance.

~ Proud Father ~ Proud (Currently Deployed) Army National Guardsmen ~ Proud Lakota ~ Retired Tip.It Crew ~

I fail to see how that post was ignorant. He simply mentioned that you can get pretty lucky. That's a statement, not ignorance.

No, I meant the minset of alot of rs players. You don't always get "lucky", therefore you cannot assume you will. Anyways, this is no place for arguing, this is H&A after all.

Believe it or not.. the best money monster right now (for consistent earning, as you requested) is...

That's what I need for the last like 7m for my gs, thanks to his website :thumbsup:

Finally on here to update that I have officially quit! It's been fun.
[hide=Signature]
Gandalf14141.png
R.I.P Billy Mays and <3 My Friend C.D.S 7/8/09 <3
60,816th to 99 Fletching 03/07/09|220,309th Person to be Able to Kill Dusties 10 Year Cape on 12/20/14[/hide]

grammar2gr8dx.png

That's what I need for the last like 7m for my gs, thanks to his website :thumbsup:

But it's a LIE, it caps at around 700k/h, with low stats probably 500k/h if lucky. Greens are 1.3m/h

But it's a LIE, it caps at around 700k/h, with low stats probably 500k/h if lucky. Greens are 1.3m/h

Note that this figure is with cannoning.

And "lie" might be better replaced with "incorrect".

Note that this figure is with cannoning.

And "lie" might be better replaced with "incorrect".

But it's true, 700k vs 900k, Cannoning greens is still superior. Queltar LIED

But it's true, 700k vs 900k, Cannoning greens is still superior. Queltar LIED

OMG REPOT HIM@@@

Green Dragons are much better than snakes. If you're looking for other ways to make money, you can make 500-900k killing Aviansies. You can also make 750k profit an hour cannoning aberrant spectres, and boss hunting monsters such as Dagannoth Rex, Tormented Demons, or any of the God Wars bosses can be quite profitable as well.

In truth I find maging DK's makes more gp/hour in total then any other methods I've tried (I fail at TD's and have tried all GWD apart from arma).

With a decent sized trip (2+ hours) I normally get atleast 1 drop (its 1.5 per 2 hours with RoW and killing rex as fast as ecomonical (halfway decent magic bonus, luring the moment he spawns, using familiar to heal and CoG with void mace.

Which ever method you pick farm in between trips as it can easily add 200k per farming run (well I do fruits, allotments and the odd bush in 1 run)

[hide=Drops]

• Dragon Axe x11
    Berserker Ring x9
    Warrior Ring x8
    Seercull
    Dragon Med
    Dragon Boots x4 - all less then 30 kc
    Godsword Shard (bandos)
    Granite Maul x 3

Solo only - doesn't include barrows[/hide][hide=Stats]

joe_da_studd.png[/hide]