Quest Cape- Good or Bad?

foursideking

With the release of the skill capes, there was a particular one that came as a surprise to some people, the quest cape. It gave people an option to train multiple skills without ever reaching a 99, and in short it perfected the one saying that was used to decribe total-level skillers...Jack of all trades, master of nothing. Now, with the release of the new quest Nomad's Requiem requiring near-maxed combat skills to finish, I am asking this...Do you personally believe that the quest cape is as fun to get as it was before?

div>

If you value achievements, it's even better to get it now then it ever was. It's an achievement cape to show of with, not something required to play certain aspects of the game. IMO the quest cape is finally getting some status, I would even give it more credit then a cooking/fletching cape with the release of the last 5 or 6 quests. I'm even considering doing the last quests I need to get it :mrgreen:

nekusig2fcopy.jpg

There are three sides to every story: There's one side, there's the other, and there's the truth.

The quest cape is totally a good thing to get :)!

For one, it shows how hard you have worked to train multiple skills to very high levels and not just work on one skill for months to 99.

Also the benefits of having a quest cape is that, as better quests come out, you will not have many requirements to do them and get good items like the Balmung along with it.

But thats just me :P

KingehFinal2.png

killah__1.png

I saw a level 94 today walking by with a quest cape on, bragging about how he beat that Nomad guy. You don't NEED maxed out stats, although I have no idea how he managed(cheater, lol).

That's why it's called an ACHIEVEMENT cape - it shows that you have completely mastered something.

With the new quest out, it just adds to the achievement.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

Its basically the same as before, but with a few more needed combat levels :twisted: .

Anyway, my view is

Quest Cape = My (Guide) Reading level is 99. :thumbsup:

Skill Cape = My Clicking level is 99! :thumbsup:

I prefer the Quest cape over a Skill cape tbh, and it is a cape for all skills not just one. Which is why I applaud Jagex for making more variety of quests to achieve the Quest Cape.

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

Honestly, I think that the Quest Cape should be broken into different levels, because as Jagex adds more quests, it only makes it harder for those who are new to achieve it. Perhaps make it so that you have a cape that has a different symbol on the back after completing all "Easy" quests, then the same for "Medium" quests, and "Hard" quests, etc...?

Frankly, I think all capes are over rated. You can show your level with quickchat, and while the stats of a cape may be decent, it's easy enough to just get a fire cape, and that shows true effort and power.

Ciao

If you want to know who I am, then just ask.

As a general rule of thumb, I believe that most humans are idiots.

Runescape players doubly so.

Honestly, I think that the Quest Cape should be broken into different levels, because as Jagex adds more quests, it only makes it harder for those who are new to achieve it. Perhaps make it so that you have a cape that has a different symbol on the back after completing all "Easy" quests, then the same for "Medium" quests, and "Hard" quests, etc...?

Frankly, I think all capes are over rated. You can show your level with quickchat, and while the stats of a cape may be decent, it's easy enough to just get a fire cape, and that shows true effort and power.

I like that idea. Maybe we can have low level skillcapes, too. I want a cape for my 80 Fletching and 70 Construction!!@@12!!

Just kidding, I don't like your idea.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

Well, the title of this thread threw me because the definition of good or bad is relative to the individual's experience. Then the question was asked in the originator's post about whether or not we believe the quest cape is as fun to get as it was before?

I like the idea a non-skiller can get a cape of distinction; however, I do not see this as the case anymore. In recent years the quest cape has gained a status of its own as the quests have been getting more and more complicated. One must have gained some experience in skilling for some quests; in others, experience in the different styles of combat. The newest quest definately gives the quest cape some prestige as few have been able to complete the slaying of Nomad.

As to whether or not getting the cape is as much fun as before, I think it is even more fun as I enjoy a good challenge; and killing Nomad is definately a challenge.

I am what I am! Acknowledging this is the beginning and my growth is yet to end!!

When they first came out, I had no goal of ever getting the quest cape until maxing everything else within the game first. It just wasn't a priority for me, but with the release of While Guthix Sleeps, it became a bit more attractive to me as an achievement and not just some nooby cape. I finally earned it for the first time right before the release of Blood Runs Deep, which was one of the most fun quests I've ever completed. Then with Nomad's Requiem raising the bar even higher, it's even more of an achievement than it already was, and I don't feel so nooby wearing the quest cape anymore.

I am delighted with the quest cape, it was something that I was ultimately aiming for as I enjoy the quests. Having said that it will be a long time before I gain the confidence to attempt the most recent quest (I was about to embark on 'While Guthix Sleeps' lol). To me that is a good thing, it will be hard, challenging and take serious preparation, well for me it will :rolleyes: The purpose of any cape is to get it as a reward for achievement, gaining the ultimate goal in an individual skill or in dedication to quests. The harder it is to get, the greater the goal, the longer the gameplay in developing your character, and therefore the more fun.

As for the comment below:

Epic, on 18 January 2010 - 12:41 AM, said:

Although I agree the firecape takes some achieving the rest of this post is absolutely ridiculous! It negates the whole purpose of a cape, and I am sure the lower level capes would just be disregarded as unworthy by most players, no new players should be able to achieve a skill cape, thats the point, you build up to it through development of your character. As for quick chat, I never use it. If someone asks me my level in a skill I tell them, if they choose to disbelieve me, well that's their problem not mine....I certainly don't have anything to prove, I play for the enjoyment I get out of RS and the pleasure in achieving my levels at my pace, in the manner of my choosing and one day (in about 10 years) I may even get a the quest cape :-?

35cq0q9.png

I don't think we're asking the right question here. I will get to that in a minute.

Firstly, this topic is a little confusing because the title asks "is the quest cape still a good thing to get?" while in the thread post you ask "is it still as fun to get?" Furthermore, both of those questions rely solely on your personal opinion. The point is, who cares if someone doesn't think it's good or fun or worthwhile to get a quest cape? I'm sure you don't care about them. They can think that and enjoy not getting a quest cape. I, on the other hand will go after it and not give a care about what they think. I think it's worth it and I think it's fun and I think it's still a symbol of accomplishment. But that's just my opinion.

The question I really think we should be asking is "is the quest cape too elite now?" When the quest cape came out, there wasn't too much in the way of getting it. Desert Treasure and Recipe for Disaster were some of the harder quests to get it. Now we have Nomad's Requiem, While Guthix Sleeps, Summer's End, Rocking Out, Blood Runs Deep, and Within the Light. All of those quests require high skills (both combat and non-combat), many quest points, or are in a long series of quests. Especially with the new quest release, I wonder if the Quest Cape is almost becoming too much of a requirement.

I enjoyed the Quest Cape because I could obtain it without having extremely high combat. It also demanded high skills, which I have. I had the feeling that eventually we would get to a point where really only a few people could obtain the cape within a few months of the release of the quest. I love seeing quests with high skill requirements, but did Jagex aim a little too high this time with the new Grandmaster quest? Are Grandmasters supposed to be this hard? Should they be higher yet? How elite should the Quest Cape be and how elite is it right now? Those are the kinds of questions we should be asking.

10 years from now, if Runescape is still going (which I expect it to be) it will still be a good thing to get the Quest Cape(how could it ever be a "bad thing" to get it?). I don't think we can debate much on that question. We can and do need to debate some of the questions I posed above.

-Runescape Addict --- Seven-time Writer for the Tip.It Times-

"Yes I have tricks in my pocket, I have things up my sleeve. But I am the opposite of a stage magician. He gives you the illusion that has the appearance of truth. I give you truth in the pleasant disguise of illusion." - The Glass Menagerie

DragonkinFF13Sig2copy.jpg

"This game isn't about graphics, it's about fun." - The Great Ortiz 9471

<> Dragon drops: Plateskirt(1), Half Shield(1) <>

I sometimes worry about the cape becoming too strong to achieve, but this is something I fear will happen years from now. Although frankly, I don't even KNOW what the skill requirements are for this quest. I just quickly scan to make sure I have them. Hmm, 75 magic and 70 prayer a wee bit on the high side, but not bad. Incidentally, I'd really like to see a vid/guide on how a level 95 can beat Nomad. Not calling you a liar, and you aren't the first person I've heard this from anyways, but I am rather skeptical.

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

I like that idea. Maybe we can have low level skillcapes, too. I want a cape for my 80 Fletching and 70 Construction!!@@12!!

Think about it though... Even if from this point on, if Jagex only makes quests with the current requirements and nothing higher, in three or four years, it will take litterally, months to achieve the levels required, and then go through and complete all the quests. Now, with the direction that the quests are going, in three or fewer years, we will have quests requiring level 99 in some skills. Doesn't this mostly defeat teh purpose of the quest cape?

I don't think we're asking the right question here. I will get to that in a minute.

The question I really think we should be asking is "is the quest cape too elite now?" When the quest cape came out, there wasn't too much in the way of getting it. Desert Treasure and Recipe for Disaster were some of the harder quests to get it. Now we have Nomad's Requiem, While Guthix Sleeps, Summer's End, Rocking Out, Blood Runs Deep, and Within the Light. All of those quests require high skills (both combat and non-combat), many quest points, or are in a long series of quests. Especially with the new quest release, I wonder if the Quest Cape is almost becoming too much of a requirement.

I enjoyed the Quest Cape because I could obtain it without having extremely high combat. It also demanded high skills, which I have. I had the feeling that eventually we would get to a point where really only a few people could obtain the cape within a few months of the release of the quest. I love seeing quests with high skill requirements, but did Jagex aim a little too high this time with the new Grandmaster quest? Are Grandmasters supposed to be this hard? Should they be higher yet? How elite should the Quest Cape be and how elite is it right now? Those are the kinds of questions we should be asking.

10 years from now, if Runescape is still going (which I expect it to be) it will still be a good thing to get the Quest Cape(how could it ever be a "bad thing" to get it?). I don't think we can debate much on that question. We can and do need to debate some of the questions I posed above.

That's mostly what I'm thinking of it as... Hence why I said that breaking the cape into levels would be a good idea.

Ciao

Think about it though... Even if from this point on, if Jagex only makes quests with the current requirements and nothing higher, in three or four years, it will take litterally, months to achieve the levels required, and then go through and complete all the quests. Now, with the direction that the quests are going, in three or fewer years, we will have quests requiring level 99 in some skills. Doesn't this mostly defeat teh purpose of the quest cape?

It's an achievement cape for a reason :mellow: And a quest requiring a level 99 skill will never happen. Never.

2j3qh46.jpg

Guest jrhairychest

When they first came out, I had no goal of ever getting the quest cape until maxing everything else within the game first. It just wasn't a priority for me, but with the release of While Guthix Sleeps, it became a bit more attractive to me as an achievement and not just some nooby cape. I finally earned it for the first time right before the release of Blood Runs Deep, which was one of the most fun quests I've ever completed. Then with Nomad's Requiem raising the bar even higher, it's even more of an achievement than it already was, and I don't feel so nooby wearing the quest cape anymore.

This quote highlights the reason why the kudos of the quest cape went up with these new quests. Rightly so. It needed to be tougher to get as it was becoming common as muck. Now, its become more respected again.

I would say to those moaning that its 'too elite' - train what you need for it. If you don't want to then thats your problem. You probably don't deserve to get it because you won't bother to train for it and you think its yours by right. So get over it.

Think about it though... Even if from this point on, if Jagex only makes quests with the current requirements and nothing higher, in three or four years, it will take literally, months to achieve the levels required, and then go through and complete all the quests. Now, with the direction that the quests are going, in three or fewer years, we will have quests requiring level 99 in some skills. Doesn't this mostly defeat teh purpose of the quest cape?

It's an achievement cape for a reason :mellow: And a quest requiring a level 99 skill will never happen. Never.

How can you honestly believe that? I mean, we have Grandmaster quests. Two years ago, people would have had a heart attack at the idea of a quest with the requirements of WGS! If Runescape continues for another 5 years, then we're looking at having some quests that will require MULTIPLE 99s to complete! With the Nomad, while it is possible to defeat him without maxxed out stats, you still have lots of difficulty, even when you DO have maxxed out stats. As time progresses, so do the quests. The longer the game is around, the fuller the skills will be. Hopefully by the end of this year, most of the skills will have been filled out so that you can do something new at every level. That is the goal that Jagex is going towards. Is it a mistake that Summoning has a new familiar almost every level? No! Because Jagex knows we like to have lots of options, and that it feels good to unlock something new. Hell, if we're lucky, we'll have an Ultimate quest requiring 99 in pretty much everything, in two or so years.

Now, if the quest cape was broken up, you'd have the "Novice" quest cape, and it'd look like crap, and have no stats... Obviously it would only appeal to noobs. The "Intermediate" quest cape would be mostly the same... Maybe a tiny bonus in something... Nothing that anyone would care about. Once you have the "Experienced" quest cape, you might be interested, if you have nothing better, or if you are broke. The "Master" quest cape would be what we currently have, and then the "Grandmaster" quest cape would be the equivalent of a trimmed Quest Cape.

Make sense?

I am only trying to look more than two updates in the future, which is a skill that many RS players do not have.

Ciao

Think about it though... Even if from this point on, if Jagex only makes quests with the current requirements and nothing higher, in three or four years, it will take literally, months to achieve the levels required, and then go through and complete all the quests. Now, with the direction that the quests are going, in three or fewer years, we will have quests requiring level 99 in some skills. Doesn't this mostly defeat teh purpose of the quest cape?

How can you honestly believe that? I mean, we have Grandmaster quests. Two years ago, people would have had a heart attack at the idea of a quest with the requirements of WGS! If Runescape continues for another 5 years, then we're looking at having some quests that will require MULTIPLE 99s to complete! With the Nomad, while it is possible to defeat him without maxxed out stats, you still have lots of difficulty, even when you DO have maxxed out stats. As time progresses, so do the quests. The longer the game is around, the fuller the skills will be. Hopefully by the end of this year, most of the skills will have been filled out so that you can do something new at every level. That is the goal that Jagex is going towards. Is it a mistake that Summoning has a new familiar almost every level? No! Because Jagex knows we like to have lots of options, and that it feels good to unlock something new. Hell, if we're lucky, we'll have an Ultimate quest requiring 99 in pretty much everything, in two or so years.

Now, if the quest cape was broken up, you'd have the "Novice" quest cape, and it'd look like crap, and have no stats... Obviously it would only appeal to noobs. The "Intermediate" quest cape would be mostly the same... Maybe a tiny bonus in something... Nothing that anyone would care about. Once you have the "Experienced" quest cape, you might be interested, if you have nothing better, or if you are broke. The "Master" quest cape would be what we currently have, and then the "Grandmaster" quest cape would be the equivalent of a trimmed Quest Cape.

Make sense?

I am only trying to look more than two updates in the future, which is a skill that many RS players do not have.

Ciao

Jagex want a large amount of people to be able to do the quest. If they, for example, released a quest with a 99 herblore requirement, about 4k people would be able to do it.

2j3qh46.jpg

Make sense?

Ciao

The idea of getting quest cape for finishing only a few quests is stupid. Like other people said, it's like giving a cape for 80 fletching. Jagex has already said that they know that the quest cape will eventually be the hardest cape to get and that they want it that way.

Insulting other people who play the same game as you, especially when that includes these entire forums, is immature and arrogant. And you have a signature for a reason, stop puitting "Ciao" at the end of every of your posts. There is literally no one but you who appreciates that. Some may not mind it, and some see it as a negative, but no one but you sees it as a positive.

mrE.png

"We will certainly not be gaining money or members with this update. Instead, we are doing this for the good of the game, which is as dear to our hearts as it is to you."

- JAGEX, December 13, 2007

Making it harder to get makes it more attractive. People like what they have to work for which is why people take pride in the harder skill capes.

About 4 months ago I never bothered looking into the idea of getting over 250 qp let alone the quest cape, but as the rewards get better and the cape more respectable I'm beginning to long for it.

The quest cape is being more of an achievement cape like it should always have been.

[hide=Drops]

• Dragon Axe x11
    Berserker Ring x9
    Warrior Ring x8
    Seercull
    Dragon Med
    Dragon Boots x4 - all less then 30 kc
    Godsword Shard (bandos)
    Granite Maul x 3

Solo only - doesn't include barrows[/hide][hide=Stats]

joe_da_studd.png[/hide]

Make sense?

Ciao

Jagex want a large amount of people to be able to do the quest. If they, for example, released a quest with a 99 herblore requirement, about 4k people would be able to do it.

While they want plenty of people to be able to do the quest, that does not mean they don't want these same people to reach out for better skills. If Jagex made a quest that required 99 Strength, then over 100,000 people would be able to do it. Also, getting 99 Strength is not as hard as many people think. Even Herblore is not very hard to get 99 with. It just takes some time and effort. If people knew that though, prices of all potions would change massively. Many very useful tips and tricks are kept secret, to help people make money. While this works, if all of everyone's little training tips were revealed, then suddenly those tips would not be as useful. People just don't want to bother with the effort.

While I'm not saying this would ever get implemented (Hell, I'd be amazed if it did) I'm simply saying that it would be logical, as far as I can tell. You are entitled to your opinion, just as everyone else is. Remember that, and always respect it.

Make sense?

Ciao

The idea of getting quest cape for finishing only a few quests is stupid. Like other people said, it's like giving a cape for 80 fletching. Jagex has already said that they know that the quest cape will eventually be the hardest cape to get and that they want it that way.

Insulting other people who play the same game as you, especially when that includes these entire forums, is immature and arrogant. And you have a signature for a reason, stop puitting "Ciao" at the end of every of your posts. There is literally no one but you who appreciates that. Some may not mind it, and some see it as a negative, but no one but you sees it as a positive.

Did I say it would happen? Did I say it was especially brilliant? Did I say that I was going to hunt down Mod MMG, put a gun to his head, and make him add this?

If the question to any of these answers is "yes", please go to the nearest public school, and inform a teacher you were left behind in Kindergarten, and you need someone to teach you how to read.

If the answer to all of those questions is "No" then please understand that I am simply trying to point out, that at a certain point, if Runescape continues in the same way it has been, then there will have to be changes to the quest cape, or it will become an item that only people who have been playing for a long time can have.

Now, about how I sign my posts... I believe that there is no rule about me not being allowed to sign my post manually, if I don't want to add it to my signature. My signature, is mine. My posts are mine. I can add whatever I want to them, as long as I am willing to suffer the consequences. If these are getting my post deleted for spamming, so be it. If these are irritating you, and everyone else with my post style, so be it. I will post how I want, and as long as I do not break any rules, I don't see you being able to do anything about it. I add "Ciao" to my posts because I believe that it makes it easier for people to recognize me, just by my words, and not by my screen name. If you still have a problem with it, then PM me about it. Don't turn this topic into a discussion about how I type. You will find that after this post, I will not comment on how I sign my posts, unless it becomes the topic, as designated by the original poster.

The same goes for my signature. I'd also like to point out that I never claimed, nor will I ever claim, to be smarter than most Runescapers. I may consider myself generally more clever, or wiser, but that is again, my choice. My opinions are my own, and yours belong to you. If I have a problem with your opinion, then that's my problem. If you have a problem with my opinion, you can try and change it, but let me warn you now... I am stubborn, and I am trained in logic. Don't make me use it.

With all that said now...

Ciao