The way of being human

Shin

Today in a conversation with a very close friend of mine we were having inhibited philosophical discussions and heated debates about daily life. We as humans act in a very animalistic way, where we have our own needs or desires that are needed to be fulfilled immediately or worked for towards the future. We buy nice things, dress ourselves in a presentable manner, or strive towards our goals for self satisfaction.

But what is satisfaction? Why do we have the need to accomplish ourselves when people are looking, but when the blind eye is turned we revert back to our old selves? Now i'm not saying that everyone does this, but from my general observation of people in daily life they tend to do this, a lot. I myself am guilty but I'm trying to fix it haha.

Now back towards my accusation of us humans acting like animals, like we are no better than that insect, or a peacock in a coop. Self satisfaction is the gain we receive from our hard work. Then, hard work equates money which purchases us luxuries in life. Money is a powerful thing. The more money you have, the more power and wealth you are able to amass by using the amount you have prior. In a way, it is very similar to the survival of the fittest. Money is that chip you receive to proceed further. When people are looking, it matters.

We are attracted towards the opposite sex(Well most of the time). We are attracted because we have the desire to preserve our legacy through our raging hormones to impregnate or get impregnated. Now currency helps out this game tenfold. Remember when I talked about pea[roosters]? Male pea[roosters] present their feathers to females, and the female peacock will choose the male with the best colors or feathers. We are the same way. We buy nice clothes, have nice possessions like cars, houses, and property to flaunt it to the world to see. Money buys us these material possessions in order to look like a peacock.

Just take a look into your own daily life. You know that hot chick/guy at your school/workplace that you can't help but stare at everyday? They're attractive because you want to pass your genes on with them because there will be a higher chance of your children being beautiful. But i'm sure you can't obtain them and win that game called, "Produce a child," by just daily interaction. You have to have substance behind you that is gained by money. Good looks and a great personality alone will win a girl/boy's heart, but not their future children.

I'm sure you guys already realize this, but its a point where i'd like to share again to the younger folks of this board. I may sound like a crazy person, but please bear with me haha.

I can indeed say, "Jesus Christ how horrifying."

Do you guys agree? Also, do you weigh yourself with this perspective?

1260955552084-1.jpg

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What you're saying is good and all, but was this like a community service announcement ? Because I'm not quite sure what to reply with.

I read all of it by the way. :thumbup:

Haha thanks for reading.

I just wanted to rant for awhile, you can reply with your thoughts on it haha. But yes, community service announcement from Shin.

1260955552084-1.jpg

Humans are funny things.

They want to be better then everything, but don't want to be on the top.

One of the best quotes your ever likely to see on this subject is, strangely, from The Matrix;

It came to me when I tried to classify your species. I realized that you're not actually mammals. Every mammal on this planet instinctively develops a natural equilibrium with their surrounding environment, but you humans do not. You move to an area, and you multiply, and you multiply, until every natural resource is consumed. The only way you can survive is to spread to another area. There is another organism on this planet that follows the same pattern. Do you know what it is? A virus. Human beings are a disease, a cancer of this planet.

In my view the only way to right most of the issues with humanity would be wipe every religion off the face of the earth and let people accept responsibility for there own actions. But the sheer thought of there being nothing responsible for your actions would scare a lot of people, as well as the lack of having no-one to run to if you fubar.

[hide=Drops]

• Dragon Axe x11
    Berserker Ring x9
    Warrior Ring x8
    Seercull
    Dragon Med
    Dragon Boots x4 - all less then 30 kc
    Godsword Shard (bandos)
    Granite Maul x 3

Solo only - doesn't include barrows[/hide][hide=Stats]

joe_da_studd.png[/hide]

Just take a look into your own daily life. You know that hot chick/guy at your school/workplace that you can't help but stare at everyday? They're attractive because you want to pass your genes on with them because there will be a higher chance of your children being beautiful. But i'm sure you can't obtain them and win that game called, "Produce a child," by just daily interaction. You have to have substance behind you that is gained by money. Good looks and a great personality alone will win a girl/boy's heart, but not their future children.

None of this is true...

Guys are attracted to physical signs of fertility and sexuality because these girls have the most chance of producing children. Girls are attracted to alpha males who can protect them and their children, not looks or money generally. (As long as they aren't slobs or broke) Nothing to do with having beautiful children :unsure:

Girls are attracted to alpha males who can protect them and their children, not looks or money generally. (As long as they aren't slobs or broke) Nothing to do with having beautiful children :unsure:

Protection and security for the children comes with money.

Naturally a animal is going to pick a mate which has/can provide(d) more food or a better location to survive, then one which is the cannot.

Hence money or signs of money being an attractive feature in males.

[hide=Drops]

• Dragon Axe x11
    Berserker Ring x9
    Warrior Ring x8
    Seercull
    Dragon Med
    Dragon Boots x4 - all less then 30 kc
    Godsword Shard (bandos)
    Granite Maul x 3

Solo only - doesn't include barrows[/hide][hide=Stats]

joe_da_studd.png[/hide]

None of this is true...

Guys are attracted to physical signs of fertility and sexuality because these girls have the most chance of producing children. Girls are attracted to alpha males who can protect them and their children, not looks or money generally. (As long as they aren't slobs or broke) Nothing to do with having beautiful children :unsure:

You're actually wrong about him being wrong. In a feature article in Psychology Today a few months ago it was shone how women go for the alpha males based on genetics, even if that means not having the bad boy for forever (but far be it for women to confuse fantasy with reality).

[if you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or

by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.]

Fullmetal Alchemist, you will be missed. A great ending to a great series.

Cynical views of my species as simply another animal occasionally plague my thoughts. Then, I realize that, at the very least, I'm different as far as I know - because I can use my own thoughts to completely change my perception of the world, effectively shifting the world on my own sort of quantum level.

catch it now so you can like it before it went so mainstream

Yes, our ability to analyze how the world appears may set us apart.

But we are animals, and are defined as such.

It's not a bad thing.

But I don't want to go among mad people!

Oh, you can't help that. We're all mad here..."

I agree with all your points. It's different for each person, but all (or most) act in those ways. I act more to get self satisfaction and satisfaction then impregnating someone(or just dating someone in general). I love it when I answer a question and get it right or if I play some music in band better then my section leader. I do have feelings for others, but my life as of now is to get through college and then find that special someone.

35bvvh1.png

[hide=Quotes]

Albel/Justin

Albel doesn't say anything anymore, just comes in, leaves an arrow and vanishes into the night :(Probably
practising some euphonium

You nearly had me fooled, you fooler you

Euphonium/10.

9/10. To me, always associate Albel with musical stuff in OT.

Everyone with a goatee and glasses is Albel now.

lmfao albel m8 wat r u doin, hi though.

[/hide]

[hide=Runescape Achievements]99 firemaking(2007), 99 woodcutting(2008), 99 fletching(2009), 99 magic(2010), 99 cooking(2010), 99 farming(2011), 99 construction(2011), 99 runecrafting(2012), 99 Hunter (2014),  99 ranged (2015), 99 HP (2015), 99 Slayer (2015), 99 attack (2015) 99 Defense (2015) 99 Prayer (2015) 99 Summoning (2015) 99 Strength(2015) 99 Herblore (2015) 99 Dungeoneering (2017)  99 Mining (2017) 99 Crafting (2017) 99 Smithing (2017) 99 Thieving (2017)  99 invention (2017) 99 Fishing (2018), 99 Divination (2018), 99 Agility (2018), MAXED (05/17/2018)[/hide]

Now back towards my accusation of us humans acting like animals, like we are no better than that insect, or a peacock in a coop.

That is a fact in my opinion, we are no better than any other animals. We may have different abilities but it doesn't really make us 'higher' or 'lower'

Let's discuss social darwinism and the existence of a superior human race.

Someone else may start.

We're likely to end up discussing racism if we go in that direction. Perhaps even find someone here posting some racist comments.

And you think this is bad?

Okay, go ahead think like that. More success and happiness for us.

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

Protection and security for the children comes with money.

Naturally a animal is going to pick a mate which has/can provide(d) more food or a better location to survive, then one which is the cannot.

Hence money or signs of money being an attractive feature in males.

A mansion isn't any better of a place to survive than the average house, it can just be more comfortable. (which is where gold diggers come in)

You're actually wrong about him being wrong. In a feature article in Psychology Today a few months ago it was shone how women go for the alpha males based on genetics, even if that means not having the bad boy for forever (but far be it for women to confuse fantasy with reality).

While I agree that it would have been like that a long time ago, I disagree that it is anymore - at least to an extent. Personality works much better than looks when demonstrating that you are an alpha male.

Did you completely miss the entire point?

I probably did, but let me take a shot:

We're not really happy because we're greedy/all look for the same thing?

Right?

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

Did you completely miss the entire point?

I probably did, but let me take a shot:

We're not really happy because we're greedy/all look for the same thing?

Right?

Not at all. I just stated why humans desire to achieve.

Its not like i'm some Hippie Liberal all for equality, I do firmly believe money is everything.

1260955552084-1.jpg

Okay first off, even though I am a Christian (I believe in what the bible says, and I don't pick and choose things out of it, I don't attend a church regularly, and yes, I fail, I am a hypocrite) I am going to post on a subject I whole heartedly disagree with to throw in a few facts.

The human mind is a crazy things, it comes to conclusions so quickly sometimes, usually about mating...In the times of old, bigger men and women were thought to be more attractive, because it meant they had more food to eat enough to get fat. Nowadays, especially in america, since food is abundant, we don't have to worry about our kids starving, so we don't worry about food. Instead we worry about comfort, always trying to get the better life. That is why money and success is attributed to sexual appeal.

Okay first off, even though I am a Christian (I believe in what the bible says, and I don't pick and choose things out of it, I don't attend a church regularly, and yes, I fail, I am a hypocrite) I am going to post on a subject I whole heartedly disagree with to throw in a few facts.

The human mind is a crazy things, it comes to conclusions so quickly sometimes, usually about mating...In the times of old, bigger men and women were thought to be more attractive, because it meant they had more food to eat enough to get fat. Nowadays, especially in america, since food is abundant, we don't have to worry about our kids starving, so we don't worry about food. Instead we worry about comfort, always trying to get the better life. That is why money and success is attributed to sexual appeal.

I don't see how being a Christian has any relevance in this topic nor an intelligent opinion. Since you stated your religious preference prior to what you wanted to comment I can't take anything you say seriously.

Not to mention you have contradicted yourself in the second paragraph. You said, "In the past being obese/fat is attractive." That's actually incorrect and a common misconception. Being large and, "Big," meant that you were wealthy and were able to supply themselves with an abundance of food. They were the higher caste in society. That was why they were in a sense attractive to the public. They weren't desired because of their copious amounts of cellulite but rather their source of income and how much they had in their banks.

See this: Both wealthy.

King Louis XIV:

louis14aftrigaud_1638-1715lrg36k.jpg

Prince William & Prince Harry:

prince-william-harry-400ds0.jpg

People have been worrying about their well being for ages, I don't see why we would ever stop doing that. Also, food isn't abundant. I would assume that you're around 13 or 14 years old. You have a roof over your head, and you don't have to worry about your fridge ever being empty. Once you have your own job and you're supporting yourself you will realize how easy it is to starve.

1260955552084-1.jpg

Humans are funny things.

They want to be better then everything, but don't want to be on the top.

One of the best quotes your ever likely to see on this subject is, strangely, from The Matrix;

It came to me when I tried to classify your species. I realized that you're not actually mammals. Every mammal on this planet instinctively develops a natural equilibrium with their surrounding environment, but you humans do not. You move to an area, and you multiply, and you multiply, until every natural resource is consumed. The only way you can survive is to spread to another area. There is another organism on this planet that follows the same pattern. Do you know what it is? A virus. Human beings are a disease, a cancer of this planet.

In my view the only way to right most of the issues with humanity would be wipe every religion off the face of the earth and let people accept responsibility for there own actions. But the sheer thought of there being nothing responsible for your actions would scare a lot of people, as well as the lack of having no-one to run to if you fubar.

Not to mention that the lack of a purpose or a meaning behind life can be enough to drive some to despair.

2Xeo5.png

I just read what you have just wrote, and I have to say, you're right.

Most people show off, do their best, etc. just because they want to know what others think. If there aren't any other people, why do all these things to improve yourself?

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

Our perception of reality comes from without as well as within.

We're just as influenced by our environment as we are by our own thoughts about said environment, so to say.

catch it now so you can like it before it went so mainstream