The F2P General Discussion Thread

lionesshunt

Oh wow. I just missed it then. :wall:

Thanks for the explanation. That's pretty freaky. Can't wait to find out what it's all about.

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

Dang, I missed the red aura. I just wish it happens again so I can take a screenie of it.

And just yesterday while training combat at giant spiders via Singha2002, I ran out of food and got my HP down to 4. :blink: Luckily I was very close to the exit, so I managed to cabbage-port out.

I didn't know they were THAT powerful. :shock:

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

Dang, I missed the red aura. I just wish it happens again so I can take a screenie of it.

And just yesterday while training combat at giant spiders via Singha2002, I ran out of food and got my HP down to 4. :blink: Luckily I was very close to the exit, so I managed to cabbage-port out.

I didn't know they were THAT powerful. :shock:

I've died at few times at spiders :P

Got lucky a few times as well. I just teleport to Varrock and run back; no biggy.

wtfatge.png

Animorph_2.png

I'd like to remind people that account sharing is against Jagex rules and therefore against our rules also.

Please don't admit to or talk about having account shared. :thumbup:

Sorry Rach.

I'll be at slow exp gains over the next week with exams :(

Animorph_2.png

i am pure f2p just recently reach 1k total and access to RSOF.

i am currently training ranged at hill giant in the wilderness for prayer exp and sometime greater demon at volcano.

i just wondering that why most ppl perfer to train prayer at ice giant, where hill giant is much more easier?

i am currently training ranged at hill giant in the wilderness for prayer exp and sometime greater demon at volcano.

i just wondering that why most ppl perfer to train prayer at ice giant, where hill giant is much more easier?

I have no idea why people prefer to kill ice giants over hill giants for prayer XP. I personally kill hill giants, but here is my theory: better drops, more combat xp (besides prayer), and less competition if you're using the edgeville dungeon. I personally don't really care about drops, i made 30k from their limp roots in 1 hour and got 1 ranged level (58-59) and 1 prayer level (42-43). And if they know what they're doing they can usually get the hill giants before anyone else can (i can).

And what is the most cost efficient (spending less than 10k/level) way to train crafting at level 42. At the moment, i'm inside the crafting guild mining clay and turning it into bowl for 660xp for 20 bowls and inventory.

I train on ice giants for ranged exp not for prayer exp.

However, in the process I gain a nice amount of prayer exp.

Animorph_2.png

I have no idea why people prefer to kill ice giants over hill giants for prayer XP. I personally kill hill giants, but here is my theory: better drops, more combat xp (besides prayer), and less competition if you're using the edgeville dungeon. I personally don't really care about drops, i made 30k from their limp roots in 1 hour and got 1 ranged level (58-59) and 1 prayer level (42-43). And if they know what they're doing they can usually get the hill giants before anyone else can (i can).

It's been a while since I've been down to the underground Hill Giants, but I do know that before Jagex implemented the minimum 1000 total world, the Hill Giants were ridiculously busy; what sucked more was when you had to compete for Hill Giants. While it is fun beating people to a Giant, it slows the process down when you begin to compete with other arrogant rangers.

Most people use Ice Giants for ranged exp., as Animorph said, but yeah, I think Wildy Hill Giants would be the best for some quick bbones.

And w113 Hill Giants if the time is right (?).

smileyvault2c.gif

zBSYE.png

^ Blog.

Zh0c4.gif

I don’t remember that there is any ice giant in edgeville dungeon.

haha, i never had problems with overcrowded hill giant in edgeville dungeon, since my time is totally opposite with peak hours, most of my time, there is only about 50-60k ppl, where i can easily find spot in the dungeon, but after I find out wildy had hill giant too, I been training there since that days. Most of the time I even go to w1 to compete for best spawn. Revs is can be easily avoided by going to clan wars.

Beside ranged exp higher for ice giant, but I still like hill giant, one of the reason is that better exp for prayer and quite common limp roots drop.

99% of my magic lvl come from combat, since i want my hp lvl to be as high as possible while def lvl i stay at 45. is there any use for up def lvl any higher? seem to me that it only help reduce % of getting hit.

fm is something useless for f2p, i really hope that jagex release something for f2p.

i really agree that smith and craft skill is really not that popular anymore since that the product can be easily brought at G.E.

for me, the only reason i up rc is to play the minigame. i think most of the f2p is also same, since it required so many running.

most of my smith lvl (currently 70) is come from smelting silver bar. since it is the only way to up smith lvl without losing any money.

I used to do range at ice giants in rimmington, south of port sarim.

There were many options for safe spotting, and once they weren't aggressive the ice warriors are no big deal. I found that the time and the semi-afkability of flesh crawlers and spiders in the stronghold was more worth it. I must've watched 4-5 movies and who knows how many episodes of south park when I was training down there.

Oh, and there's pretty much no point in F2P to having more than 20m unless you want a rare. If you never spend your GP, then you'll never benefit from having it. And buyable xp is ftw, <3 uncut sapphires.

99 dungeoneering achieved, thanks to everyone that celebrated with me!

♪♪ Don't interrupt me as I struggle to complete this thought
Have some respect for someone more forgetful than yourself ♪♪

♪♪ And I'm not done
And I won't be till my head falls off ♪♪

Hm well I trained smithing anyways...and is Fm useful in p2p O_o? Other than the beacons? and adze...w/e...

Hm and yes higher def is said to increase the number of "0"'s you recieve, just as attack reduces the number of 0's you hit. If I recall, and I don't feel like checking, it said it does not affect the amount of damage, only hits vs misses.

And Is anyone else annoyed with the quitters at GOP? I get so um...angry...and the things I tell people are likely to get me muted (or a visit by cops if what I say is taken seriously O_o)...I've been good about not saying things like "d" bags (only bypassing the censor) in my earlier days of gop...and I haven't recieved mutes in a while...

Still, I've prepared a somewhat lengthy question for MMG for the live q&a's...hopefully I'll remember...Oh I should also remember to ask about that "way of recognizing hero's" both "f2p and p2p alike" that I'll like "better than skillcapes" and what the plans are on that...

Anyone else plan on taking part in the Q&a's?

Cpchris.png

Cpchris.png

Cpchris.png

I just read Zhong's post, and decided to give my views of why I train those skills.

Magic: It just levels up when I do stuff like superheating, high alchemy, and Fist of Guthix.

Defence: More 0's hit on you.

FM: Fast exp really, which means fast levels.

Smithing: I don't really bother.

Crafting: I don't really bother.

Runecrafting: How can you NOT like Runecrafting? It gives basically the best profit in the game, and because of its non-afk nature, it isn't a "boring" skill.

Oh, and for smithing, you can just simply buy iron/mith/addy/runite ores, mine coal in the guild, and superheat them into bars. They do bring a good amount of profit, last time I checked.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

Still, I've prepared a somewhat lengthy question for MMG for the live q&a's...hopefully I'll remember...Oh I should also remember to ask about that "way of recognizing hero's" both "f2p and p2p alike" that I'll like "better than skillcapes" and what the plans are on that...

Anyone else plan on taking part in the Q&a's?

I work from 8-5 EST, so no.

I think it would be best just to spam "When are you going to fix the Great Orb Project" over and over again, until he answers.

99 dungeoneering achieved, thanks to everyone that celebrated with me!

♪♪ Don't interrupt me as I struggle to complete this thought
Have some respect for someone more forgetful than yourself ♪♪

♪♪ And I'm not done
And I won't be till my head falls off ♪♪

Speaking of the Great Orb Project, I kinda have a small question about it.

Are altar teleport tablets worth it to use? I don't have enough tokens on me to test, and I wanna know how effective they are.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

i only focus on increasing my hp, so i rarely use magic for other purpose.

for def, the effect went down in f2p, its usefulness only shine for p2p or pvp.

FM is fast, but what the point if there is no use to it other then cooking while fishing?

most of the time i am afk sufting net or doing other thing and RC need to active all the time, so i might only up RC some other times when i really free.

yes, the tablets is very worth it, since its very fast, it teleport it just 1 step outside of the alter. but you also had to count the times you need for you to gather the tokens to exchange it.

I used to do range at ice giants in rimmington, south of port sarim.

There were many options for safe spotting, and once they weren't aggressive the ice warriors are no big deal. I found that the time and the semi-afkability of flesh crawlers and spiders in the stronghold was more worth it. I must've watched 4-5 movies and who knows how many episodes of south park when I was training down there.

Oh, and there's pretty much no point in F2P to having more than 20m unless you want a rare. If you never spend your GP, then you'll never benefit from having it. And buyable xp is ftw, <3 uncut sapphires.

I always spend my money on skills.

I just keep 40m to use for merching :D

Also, runecrafting has some of the worst profits tbh.

I can rune mine/merch instead and make 10X more money.

Anyways, I might make water runes next runecraft level and see how fast they are.

Animorph_2.png

I made a guide a while back that showed the different safe-spots in the Ice Giant cave, but then a few months ago Jagex removed nearly all of the safe-spots (or at least the good ones). While it still is a good place to train ranged, I was wondering if someone could post some screenies of the current safe-spots (and I already know that being twice the monster's level (i.e. 57*2=114) will prevent aggro).

:thumbup:

zBSYE.png

^ Blog.

Zh0c4.gif

Actually, you have to be twice the monsters combat +1 to prevent aggressiveness from the monsters, not just double.

@ Animorph: Both of your ways of super-moneymaking are very difficult (one requiring 85 Mining & good combat levels, the other requiring prediction skills & LOTS of cash). Runecrafting is easy to do, is not boring, and pretty much GUARANTEES a profit at 19+ RC (2x waters). It even gets more effective as you level, and unlike other skills the effectiveness is noticeable.

I sometimes wonder why people hate it so much... it's easy to get 30 runecrafting, yet it hasn't even hit the 2m mark on the Runescape hiscores.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Actually, you have to be twice the monsters combat +1 to prevent aggressiveness from the monsters, not just double.

@ Animorph: Both of your ways of super-moneymaking are very difficult (one requiring 85 Mining & good combat levels, the other requiring prediction skills & LOTS of cash). Runecrafting is easy to do, is not boring, and pretty much GUARANTEES a profit at 19+ RC (2x waters). It even gets more effective as you level, and unlike other skills the effectiveness is noticeable.

I sometimes wonder why people hate it so much... it's easy to get 30 runecrafting, yet it hasn't even hit the 2m mark on the Runescape hiscores.

Runecrafting is boring, requires a lot of attention, gives extremely slow exp, and the profit isn't anywhere close to enough to try to put those aside.

Runecrafting probably the worst designed skill in the game, which makes me wonder why it hasn't yet be changed/removed from it's broken/painful state of existence.

greenmelf.png

Runecrafting is boring, requires a lot of attention, gives extremely slow exp, and the profit isn't anywhere close to enough to try to put those aside.

Runecrafting probably the worst designed skill in the game, which makes me wonder why it hasn't yet be changed/removed from it's broken/painful state of existence.

Boring is subjective. I think that skills that require you to wait for the products to be finished (looking at YOU, Crafting, Cooking, and Smithing) are boring.

I actually like skills that require attention. Though that's really because I don't multitask while playing Runescape.

I agree that it gives slow exp, but the profit makes up for it. And profit matters a lot to me because I'm broke and I can't merchant.

Runecrafting is unique, which is one of the reasons why I like the skill. I really don't find it that bad. :mellow:

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Boring is subjective. I think that skills that require you to wait for the products to be finished (looking at YOU, Crafting, Cooking, and Smithing) are boring.

I actually like skills that require attention. Though that's really because I don't multitask while playing Runescape.

I agree that it gives slow exp, but the profit makes up for it. And profit matters a lot to me because I'm broke and I can't merchant.

Runecrafting is unique, which is one of the reasons why I like the skill. I really don't find it that bad. :mellow:

I'd rather afk while playing Runescape.

I don't mind paying attention but after 4 months trying to get 81-88 I've had enough for 3 months or so...

It gives slow exp which is one of the reasons why I make tiaras, I can't stand RC, however I make experiment with water runes with 88-90 to see how it is etc.

It may equal out to the exp of mind tiaras since I cant screw up as much (trying to make tiaras fast while runes is just one click) and I'll make profit :D

I don't care if I don't profit on skills for I have the money, however, I don't train skills the quickest/most expensive way, I balance the two.

Animorph_2.png

I'd rather afk while playing Runescape.

I don't mind paying attention but after 4 months trying to get 81-88 I've had enough for 3 months or so...

It gives slow exp which is one of the reasons why I make tiaras, I can't stand RC, however I make experiment with water runes with 88-90 to see how it is etc.

It may equal out to the exp of mind tiaras since I cant screw up as much (trying to make tiaras fast while runes is just one click) and I'll make profit :D

I don't care if I don't profit on skills for I have the money, however, I don't train skills the quickest/most expensive way, I balance the two.

You definitely don't want to afk while training any skill in Runescape, no matter how insanely boring it is since its against the rule. Tbh, I don't even know how u can define afk because a person could simply read the forum and train wc at the same time or other long response skill and looks afking.

To put it bluntly, there is smart and fast way for training skills, with the release of many new updates as mentioned in my previous post. The long and tedious way of training in old F2P don't really apply anymore (but it does give us a status because everyone knows F2P training generally takes longer). Because if the skill is buyable, it can be done pretty fast presume if you have enough cash from merchant and runite mining.

That being said, Sonic, I think nowadays most F2P choose to train the faster way instead of slow ways, the standard of training has raised alot, and people could train alot more efficiently. While RC might seen like a time waster, but back in the days when Essence were 20gp ea and airs were 16gp ea, it does prove to be a good profit skill. Out of all the F2P I seen, I only see Mendark 9 (and some other F2P that used to walk airs, before they switch to air walkers, and that method got axed and they have to use assist, lol) training his RC the hard way, and that's walking airs ( I even screen shot him doing it). And he manage to get RC to 97 (Thats before rest and tiara xp, and no air gloves was use, a painful less than 5k xp per hour, more if you do fire).

Which if you want to be really strict training skills, back in the day is certainly alot harder now compare to present (how I mourn the day I want to train cooking, had to go to Kara, buy fish, cook, and sell it again to General store, with bunch of peoples saying get off the fire you noob, lol, good times.. But then, who would want to spend alot of time doing even more repetitively stuff? Its all relative speaking of course.

Speaking from personal experience, I think most F2P adapt to faster method, or even methods that do take advantage of the new updates, since training evolves. Sometimes I even wonder how I train certain skills before since it would look painfully slow to train right now. (I used to make ammies from uncuts I got from monster or other events, made about 10k different type of ammies in total, and I collect all my own materials, gold bars, runes, and "WOOL" dear god, I collected 10k wool, that means I must sheared over 10k sheeps (and even knowing member can buy wool and sell it to F2P, i still shear my own wool just for kicks sometimes)

a happy Runescaper