The F2P General Discussion Thread

lionesshunt

F2P is like a friend of P2P that gets our spillover chicks. So while P2P is off hooking up with a hot chick update (Nomad), F2P is stuck having to make due with the fat chick update (graphics).

Nah, i don't know wich type of girl i am. I find myself very attractive, that's most inportant! :smile:

May is choose for this analogy:

P2P get a milkshake,

F2P get a regular glass of milk.

But sometimes the milkshake doesn't get stirred very well and they get gritty bits at the bottom...

What an odd analogy... :-s

I know right? :lol:

Gahh, what's up with jewelry nowadays? All of them are so freaking expensive. Now even CRAFTING is starting to become impossible to train. >.<

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

But rings,amulets and necklaces are going up too making crafting a hefty money maker sometimes.

@Sonic: How are you making 1k gold amulets in half an hour? I think you mixed up some numbers. A little bit more than 1k per one hour makes more sense but I can't say that for sure as I didn't try it.

/edit: By seeing a vid of it and some calculating I guess it's like 1.3k amulets per hour.

[404] Signature not found.

So, on the Help and Advice I was asking about gems etc. and Crafting. So it came to the conclusion that making jewellery is a good moneymaker AND good for crafting experience, it was something I hadn't really thought of before I suppose. So I'm gonna start emerald rings (I found sapphire amulets hard to sell) after I've got my Woodcutting goal of 80. What do you guys do for Crafting? Cow killing? Silver and gold? Or jewellery? And which do you find to be most efficient?

What do you guys do for Crafting? Cow killing? Silver and gold? Or jewellery? And which do you find to be most efficient?

Gold + Silver usually, which i mine myself so its all profit :rolleyes:

Its not very efficient, but efficiency has never been my forté.

Jamje.png

null and void

So, on the Help and Advice I was asking about gems etc. and Crafting. So it came to the conclusion that making jewellery is a good moneymaker AND good for crafting experience, it was something I hadn't really thought of before I suppose. So I'm gonna start emerald rings (I found sapphire amulets hard to sell) after I've got my Woodcutting goal of 80. What do you guys do for Crafting? Cow killing? Silver and gold? Or jewellery? And which do you find to be most efficient?

I'm mostly cutting gems or making jewelry. Gems might be good with some merchanting skills and they are the fastest exp. If a clan buys out some jewelry making them is actually a very good money maker with good exp.

[404] Signature not found.

What do you guys do for Crafting? Cow killing? Silver and gold? Or jewellery? And which do you find to be most efficient?

I crafted ~130k sapphire necklaces is F2P for 99 crafting. :3

From lower levels you need moreof around 200k-230k sapphire necklaces to achieve 99.

However, a few people I have recommended this method recently have moved back to gold amulets as they couldn't be bothered waiting for sapphire necklaces to sell.

I myself haven't crafted sapphire necklaces in a long time, but to test it out, I would make a batch of 1000 and see how things are flowing.

As of now, gold bars are 108gp and CUT sapphires are 1,746gp. The total cost of supplies is then 1854. Sapphire necklaces are 2,098gp, so for each necklace crafted, we would yield a 244gp profit per necklace, assuming you bought and sold all products at med.

However, I crafted mainly before the Mobilizing Armies update, and thus duel rings were not in such a high demand as they are now. I am not sure if they give more profit, but I do know that you will be able to craft less of them in one batch due to higher costing supplies. Also take into account that sapphire necklaces and emerald rings yield the same experience points, and since they both require secondary 'ingredients', they will take the same time to craft. Thus, choosing between the two is a matter of profit vs. accessibility.

I crafted ~130k sapphire necklaces is F2P for 99 crafting. :3

From lower levels you need moreof around 200k-230k sapphire necklaces to achieve 99.

However, a few people I have recommended this method recently have moved back to gold amulets as they couldn't be bothered waiting for sapphire necklaces to sell.

I myself haven't crafted sapphire necklaces in a long time, but to test it out, I would make a batch of 1000 and see how things are flowing.

As of now, gold bars are 108gp and CUT sapphires are 1,746gp. The total cost of supplies is then 1854. Sapphire necklaces are 2,098gp, so for each necklace crafted, we would yield a 244gp profit per necklace, assuming you bought and sold all products at med.

However, I crafted mainly before the Mobilizing Armies update, and thus duel rings were not in such a high demand as they are now. I am not sure if they give more profit, but I do know that you will be able to craft less of them in one batch due to higher costing supplies. Also take into account that sapphire necklaces and emerald rings yield the same experience points, and since they both require secondary 'ingredients', they will take the same time to craft. Thus, choosing between the two is a matter of profit vs. accessibility.

Sapphire Amulets* ;)

And after trying Emerald Rings I have to say that they sell a lot quicker and on mid, sometimes max, price. Sure you can't buy them in as big a batch but I feel that being able to quickly regain your money is useful. It's probably some of the best Crafting experience I've got in F2P.

@Sonic: How are you making 1k gold amulets in half an hour? I think you mixed up some numbers. A little bit more than 1k per one hour makes more sense but I can't say that for sure as I didn't try it.

/edit: By seeing a vid of it and some calculating I guess it's like 1.3k amulets per hour.

Oh right, I did it in about 45 minutes... my bad. :P

Dammit, since the holidays, I can no longer keep track of time now. #-o

Oh and by the way:

w9h5vl.png

13/15 F2P stats 60+! :D (The last 2 are going to be a pain... -_- )

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

Oh right, I did it in about 45 minutes... my bad. :P

I actually didn't mind buying 70 crafting... I bought a bunch of uncut sapphires and then cut all of them... 1350 xp every time you bank, ~200k xp/hour. Also, I had a huge cash pile (55M), and if you don't spend your GPs you're wasting them.

I did mind buying 70 prayer. Its ~10x slower than sapphires, and costs ~10x more. So unfair!

99 dungeoneering achieved, thanks to everyone that celebrated with me!

♪♪ Don't interrupt me as I struggle to complete this thought
Have some respect for someone more forgetful than yourself ♪♪

♪♪ And I'm not done
And I won't be till my head falls off ♪♪

I actually didn't mind buying 70 crafting... I bought a bunch of uncut sapphires and then cut all of them... 1350 xp every time you bank, ~200k xp/hour. Also, I had a huge cash pile (55M), and if you don't spend your GPs you're wasting them.

I did mind buying 70 prayer. Its ~10x slower than sapphires, and costs ~10x more. So unfair!

I have a very tiny cash pile (~1M), so money DOES matter for me. That is why I try to profit in every way possible. :)

And speaking of prayer... you know what, I'm not even going to train it. Total loss, and totally slow. I'm not sure if it is slower than runecrafting, but it definitely is more click intensive.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

I have a very tiny cash pile (~1M), so money DOES matter for me. That is why I try to profit in every way possible. :)

And speaking of prayer... you know what, I'm not even going to train it. Total loss, and totally slow. I'm not sure if it is slower than runecrafting, but it definitely is more click intensive.

Actually, if you don't mind some mindless training, I would suggest hobgoblins to train for combat, range, or melee. With the price of limproot these days, 2.4k to 2.6 roughly ea. I was able to get 60k worth in just 20 minutes. (If you don't pick up the bones and other smaller items, that might be even faster)

Of course the other more efficient method would be get mining to 85 and just go for runite ores in the wildy.

a happy Runescaper

Sonic, you should spend your next 7-8 hours of RS playtime (in intervals, of course) just ranging Hills or Icies. Turn your chats off and just focus on the ranging aspect, making sure you bury every bone you get.

This is probably easier said than done (I've never bought out a single prayer level), but ranging is a good skill to have, and when you get prayer exp. on the side, it just makes it better. I actually think ranged is my favorite cb skill, simply because you can range without having to worry about your health.

zBSYE.png

^ Blog.

Zh0c4.gif

Sonic, you should spend your next 7-8 hours of RS playtime (in intervals, of course) just ranging Hills or Icies. Turn your chats off and just focus on the ranging aspect, making sure you bury every bone you get.

This is probably easier said than done (I've never bought out a single prayer level), but ranging is a good skill to have, and when you get prayer exp. on the side, it just makes it better. I actually think ranged is my favorite cb skill, simply because you can range without having to worry about your health.

What range level would you recommend before ranging ice giants?

Jamje.png

null and void

The problem with Hillies and Ice Giants is that they are usually too crowded by other players or have other monsters guarding them. Unless you have combat lvl 115, Ice warriors will bother you to no end. Hill giants are very competitive too by other players since they drop big bones and limp root.

I manage to get good amount of drop from Ice giants since I usually just keep on looking for world with no one around so I usually have 2 to 3 giants to myself. Last time I check, most ice caves are empty during the low time.

With hobgoblins, since they do drop runes and gems, and they don't need that much food to fight with, and not to mentioned abundance of them (Craft guild, entrance to ice cave, hillie dungeon and of course wildy itself) I think its a good way to level up prayer and melee stat at the same time. That being said, I still bury all the bones from hobgoblins I killed, just during every hit intervals when melee them. helps saves the time.

I haven't actually buy any bones in large amount (except like 1k of normal bones just to try it out, and giving some new players jobs to do), and my prayer is pretty much stuck there for past 1 year and half (won't matter since I need another few more pray lvls to gain another combat lvl anyways), of course, genie lamps and book of knowledge always get the first dips on prayer in my book.

a happy Runescaper

I would say 70+ with about 5k+ iron arrows is sufficient.

I actually start with Ice giants when my range lvl is 60, and I just use bronze arrows, maybe I was just being very cheap, lol

Man it was tough gathering arrows before GE came out, spend like 5 hours straight world hopping after system update just to get 30k plus bronze arrows...good times

a happy Runescaper

of course, genie lamps and book of knowledge always get the first dips on prayer in my book.

Agreed with this statement.

I took into consideration the fact that Sonic lives in Asia, where most of the U.S. players would be sleeping. Right now it's 4:00pm here in Chicago, over there it's 6:00am, so if Sonic's playing at 7:30pm his time, the U.S. players would still be in bed at 5:30am. Therefore I think he has a good chance of finding an empty spot in the Hill Giants cave.

zBSYE.png

^ Blog.

Zh0c4.gif

Heh, thanks for the advice, Pink. :)

Crowdiness shouldn't be a problem for me though, because as soon as I get 1k total, the hill giants are all mine! Hehehe. =P~

douvdFX.jpg

Blog