The F2P General Discussion Thread

lionesshunt

Heh, thanks for the advice, Pink. :)

Crowdiness shouldn't be a problem for me though, because as soon as I get 1k total, the hill giants are all mine! Hehehe. =P~

I think you'll face a lot of competition from other non-members/ex-members who are going there based on the very same logic. ;) Granted I haven't been to the hill giants in 5 years, but the Mining guild is crowded on world 113 a lot of the time too. I think that goes to show that restrictiveness actually encourages more people to use the area, since most of the people going there think that others won't go due to those very same limits!

~I Am A Bahai~

.:100% F2P for life:.

I_Am_A_Bahai.png

Hmm, I see. Still, at least it's packed with high levels who can actually kill the monsters very quickly, unlike any other world.

Also, today's "Fail of the Day":

21ouj3l.png

Stereotypes. <_<

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

Hmm, I see. Still, at least it's packed with high levels who can actually kill the monsters very quickly, unlike any other world.

21ouj3l.png

Stereotypes. <_<

Hey you do have to admit though, a good sized portion of F2P's are immature...NOT saying all of them are. Just a lot of them.

Big_Stingman.png

21ouj3l.png

Stereotypes. <_<

Hey you do have to admit though, a good sized portion of F2P's are immature...NOT saying all of them are. Just a lot of them.

Same can be said for P2P as well.

imevil.jpg

Oops I ment I'm becoming f2p in 2 weeks. :(

Well then, welcome back to F2P, Jwolfstein! :D

Oh, and by the way, someone thought that hill giants should only be killed by levels 30-50. Who in the world would think that?

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

sorry to backtrack, but back to the arrows, has anyone recently been at the wilderness arrow spawn? Just wondering what the arrows/hr is, it has been awhile since I have last been there. My gut tells me you could make more gp in that hour and buy more iron arrows than collect bronze.

When you have 80+ ranging, leveling it takes so much time and dedication, lol.

Same can be said for every skill.

That's why all 99's have that special awesomeness in them. ;)

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

AFSable (away-from-[RuneScape] screen) skills like ASD as well as cooking don't require as much dedication. I would say runecrafting, firemaking, and mining are up there with ranging too.

But still, getting 99s are also a test of patience. Even skills like cooking require patience, and without it, how can you get 99?

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

wow...8m for 92-99 craft? not that i ever looked into it, but i always imagine it being somewhat expensive...maybe cuz i spent 85m on smith :c? hmm well craftings not on my agenda anytime too soon...fm and mining are D:

and i hate ignorant p2pers...i just cant...figure out how ppl can be so...hmm...daft? blind? umm...stupid?

for anyone who cares, i just beat 2 of my gop solo records today! (finally) 36 fire and 35 body...close to a 38 air, which would be my new rec, but 2 timer ticks-worth of lag stopped me from getting it :,(

also, lots of haters on yt :/ ppl sayin i fail cuz i didnt get 40+ with the spawns i had (these vids are a year old btw of me doin 1v1s in gop)...the thing is, i KNOW peoplease can utilize spawns better than me...what i wanna know is can THEY? sadly, though, they have their pchats off in game...and alas, i cant log in to yt on my comp (idk why)...seem like hit n runs to me...or online verbal dine n dash (ab)users...

as for the f2p quest, it wont be high leveled, jagex said...but i suppose beggars can't be choosers...?

one last thing...i typed all of this on the wii, and for most of it, forgot to open the word finisher thing...i consider this a feat... :3

Cpchris.png

Cpchris.png

Cpchris.png

AFS™able (away-from-[RuneScape] screen) skills like ASD as well as cooking don't require as much dedication. I would say runecrafting, firemaking, and mining are up there with ranging too.

But still, getting 99s are also a test of patience. Even skills like cooking require patience, and without it, how can you get 99?

a little over a year ago i tried for 99 cook, but gave up at 71 :3

lost patience...much easier second time around, as i mostly read, did hw, talked to friends (rs and irl), and other games...

Cpchris.png

Cpchris.png

Cpchris.png

hmm and just wondering (3rd post ik ;o), how do you all prefer to train skills? personally, i like to drill my 99s mostly, and throw some other minor goals in there, too...

about to drill fm after 2.2m rc xp (ill get tomorrow...or later today i should say)...fm im dreading...fast but boring...tw...nvm...

and after that, mining :o! hopefully i'll get to lvl 85, 90, 92, or 99...not sure about my plan of attack just yet...id like to maybe make some money, rather than only powermine...if i get addy ores, i may also buy some coal, heat bars and make plates and get my smith xp to 14m or 15m...

well i finally noticed im rambling...prolly cuz its 12:40 am and im tired so...ill shut up and go to bed now...

Cpchris.png

Cpchris.png

Cpchris.png

wow...8m for 92-99 craft? not that i ever looked into it, but i always imagine it being somewhat expensive...maybe cuz i spent 85m on smith :c? hmm well craftings not on my agenda anytime too soon...fm and mining are D:

and i hate ignorant p2pers...i just cant...figure out how ppl can be so...hmm...daft? blind? umm...stupid?

for anyone who cares, i just beat 2 of my gop solo records today! (finally) 36 fire and 35 body...close to a 38 air, which would be my new rec, but 2 timer ticks-worth of lag stopped me from getting it :,(

also, lots of haters on yt :/ ppl sayin i fail cuz i didnt get 40+ with the spawns i had (these vids are a year old btw of me doin 1v1s in gop)...the thing is, i KNOW peoplease can utilize spawns better than me...what i wanna know is can THEY? sadly, though, they have their pchats off in game...and alas, i cant log in to yt on my comp (idk why)...seem like hit n runs to me...or online verbal dine n dash (ab)users...

as for the f2p quest, it wont be high leveled, jagex said...but i suppose beggars can't be choosers...?

one last thing...i typed all of this on the wii, and for most of it, forgot to open the word finisher thing...i consider this a feat... :3

Actually, 8mil is fairly cheap, consider people actually buy unstrung symbol for reason god knows why. I remember when people just dump tiaras and unstrung into the general store after they are done with them (10 and 20gp each respectively). I guess they become alittle valuable after the GE introduction, and some possible demands in p2p world. Before the hype of gemming the necklaces or rings, or making symbols. Cowhides was the way to go, and undoubtedly fastest xp too (37 something mil in the past if you opt for cow hides and tanned it yourself), but now its too expensive compare to the other method, but if you hve alot of cash, its still and probably even faster way of training.

As for range, I thought it was more fun training it compare to cook because when I range ice giants, i could compete with other people, or just do various tricks with it and see how fast I can kill them. I still remember the time when people would come in, ask your range lvl, and if you said 90s or more, they will usually log out right away, lol When I have 97 range, I could even beat most lvl 120s in terms of killing speed (of course, I had to use addy arrows, and eagle eye on). That was fun. Cooking is really easy if you read or do other stuff at the same time. It was hard when you have to click on fire and back to inventory in the old days, and annoyed even more when people standing on the fire. After cook X comes out, cooking went from medium hard skill to easy type.

By the way, did you make symbols from silver bars, or silver ores, Ani? I am making mine from ores, and its taking me forever. The only thing I feel a bit better was tiny smith xp i get from smelting them first, lol (Assuming 700 done in one hour. so 220+ hours to go, lol)

a happy Runescaper

To answer that training my skills question, I mostly train my skills when I feel like training them, or when I think it's necessary to gain levels in it.

Or if they are skills that I enjoy doing. I never get bored of skills such as runecrafting, woodcutting, mining, fishing... just about every skill really. :P

As soon as I get 1k total, I shall start my quest to 99 rcing! 5 more levels left! :D

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

after CNY, i finally had time to rest and read forum.

from the 'Previous Answers - RS Content' in RSOF that f2p will get

more then one boss

minigame

low level quest

new login screen that will help incase in dangerous place.

see friend before login, i think is something like after login only choose world?

smithing will get updated.

better friend list system

improvement in clan chat

Q:

As we all know, the "value" of Hitpoints is shrinking. This is due to higher hits, better burst damage, etc. Do you have plans to add a "resilience" effect to Defence or Hitpoints, or increase Hitpoints value (e.g. 2 points per level)?

A:

You are correct, yes, this is a problem and both your solutions would work, but we think we have another idea that will work...

edit: after reading back what i missed, i had 'maxed' some of my skill

fish 65, able to wear swordfish glove

cook 86, wont burnt swordfish

fm 60, light yew, useless skill for both f2p and p2p anyway.

wc 60, cut yew

craft 70, diamond amulet

magic 59, fire blast

i had no problems finding spot in hill giant? wilderness had 2 spot, while south east of clan wars is the best.

From today's Q&A, Content Part 2:

Q: When you released the new "1000 total level" worlds, I'm sure many people were pleased; however, you would think the purpose of these worlds was to get skilled players a world without noobs. Well, I think at least 90% of all the people on the F2P world are ex-members (all the skilled "non-ex-members" are on many different worlds, but there are always large quantities on world 61). The member worlds are almost the opposite of the F2P ones. It is not hard to achieve a total level of 1000 if you are a member. Would you please change the limits of the "1000 total level" worlds?

A: After all the feedback we’ve received, we are changing them to 1500+ worlds.

http://[Use Quick Find Code]/l=0/[Please Use QuickFind Code]?13,14,763,60415349

Is anyone else upset by this? Looks like now only the most elite F2Pers will be able to use the skill world(s) after the new skill is released. Sonic, what are your thoughts on this? :???:

~I Am A Bahai~

I_Am_A_Bahai.png

From today's Q&A, Content Part 2:

Q: When you released the new "1000 total level" worlds, I'm sure many people were pleased; however, you would think the purpose of these worlds was to get skilled players a world without noobs. Well, I think at least 90% of all the people on the F2P world are ex-members (all the skilled "non-ex-members" are on many different worlds, but there are always large quantities on world 61). The member worlds are almost the opposite of the F2P ones. It is not hard to achieve a total level of 1000 if you are a member. Would you please change the limits of the "1000 total level" worlds?

A: After all the feedback weve received, we are changing them to 1500+ worlds.

http://[Use Quick Find Code]/l=0/[Please Use QuickFind Code]?13,14,763,60415349

Is anyone else upset by this? Looks like now only the most elite F2Pers will be able to use the skill world(s) after the new skill is released. Sonic, what are your thoughts on this? :???:

A F2P world which can't be entered by any pure F2P? Doesn't make sense. They should change it to 1000 total with F2P skills only for the F2P world and go with 1500 total for the P2P world. That would make sense.

[404] Signature not found.

By the way prayer is really fast exp ;)

The only skill that is tedious imo is RC.

Prayer is just expensive.

And after the new skill comes out I'd gladly accept 1.5k total worlds.

Agreed with the first part, but I think you'd only be fine with it because you're closer to that req than most F2Pers on this thread. :P

~I Am A Bahai~

I_Am_A_Bahai.png

By the way prayer is really fast exp ;)

The only skill that is tedious imo is RC.

Prayer is just expensive.

And after the new skill comes out I'd gladly accept 1.5k total worlds.

Agreed with the first part, but I think you'd only be fine with it because you're closer to that req than most F2Pers on this thread. :P

I enjoyed the 1k total worlds, they should keep those.

But make 1.3k total or 1.4k total worlds for F2Pers.

Animorph_2.png