The F2P General Discussion Thread

lionesshunt

what he mean is that big bones not an efficient / effective way for p2p to train prayer.

now all raw materials is raising, as some are too high, then other going for cheaper training methods to prepare for the experience weekend.

Yes I know that, but there are far more F2P players than P2P players.

And I noticed that ess now costs 70 gp each. :blink:

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

what he mean is that big bones not an efficient / effective way for p2p to train prayer.

now all raw materials is raising, as some are too high, then other going for cheaper training methods to prepare for the experience weekend.

Yes I know that, but there are far more F2P players than P2P players.

And I noticed that ess now costs 70 gp each. :blink:

and rising :angry:

i hope today's update has some f2p side to it :ohnoes:

Jamje.png

null and void

80% chance smelt iron bar, lol who going to smelt that anyway?

The members' skill-total world requirement has been increased from 1000+ to 1500+. The free players' skill-total world requirement remains at 1000+.

i smell something that f2p skill world will become 99% p2p, WTH?

All hp x10 is weird, as i got a bit confuse with the damage that can deal, did combat damage still got single digit?

edit: With this change, we can allow low-level player to take hits more appropriate for their level, and deal small amounts of damage instead of seeing so many zeros.

haha, with this then i can understand. eg now air strike can deal damage between 1-20. str 1 or range 1 can deal between 1-10.

Aside from the fact that this was a fairly useless update for the impatient newbs, the change from hitpoints to a historical document of my country (yes, I know it doesn't mean just that) just made it worse...

the new lobby thing is kind of nice but...so many "has logged in."'s (and outs)...

also i wish they made my fav. world bigger, cuz if i log out or time out, and click the yellow bar instead, it puts me on a random world, not the world i was last on (dont understand why not...)

and smelting update.................umm......................yeahhhh.........................................

aside from todays fairly failing updates, im also displeased with my fail merch...fail merching is the biggest way to make myself feel super nooby...on a bright side, should the price not go up a lot as it hasnt been, and assuming the jewelry prices stay the same after i get 99 fm, it should just mean i have part of my supplies for 99 craft...

fm is taking me a long time...its so boring that i end up just sitting down in the bank and surfing the net...i know im not obligated to get 99 fm but...its just such fast xp (maybe not for me), i might as well be...

Cpchris.png

Cpchris.png

Cpchris.png

I love the new Runescape lobby, makes things far more convenient and I can chat without being in the game itself. :D

Other updates... for hitpoints, does this mean no more hits below 10? :mellow:

And the smelting one is quite unnecessary as at level 45 steel is more efficient.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

yup, i agree with the big yellow bar retain the previous entered world rather then random world. maybe 2 button, 1 with same world 1 with random world? the favour world should be larger.

the logged in and out is very annoying.

the lobby only make it little slightly convenient to chat, but i hope it will get improved soon.

i havent try combat yet, but i think now can still hit 1, maybe with the previous 0 hit that might contain 0.1 or 0.2 damage, which now x10 to become 1-2 damage.

You can hit every digit down to 1. Previously 1-9 was a 0 hit - thats why e.g. flesh crawlers do more damage over time now, they hit up to 16.

Ah, I see. Well, then that's good because now you can get more exp per hour. :thumbsup:

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Last night I hit a 21 in pvp... I was happy, until I realized I just hit a 2.1...

I wish they'd put the decimal in there for you...

99 dungeoneering achieved, thanks to everyone that celebrated with me!

♪♪ Don't interrupt me as I struggle to complete this thought
Have some respect for someone more forgetful than yourself ♪♪

♪♪ And I'm not done
And I won't be till my head falls off ♪♪

Last night I hit a 21 in pvp... I was happy, until I realized I just hit a 2.1...

It only takes an idiot more than a millisecond to divide by 10.

In regards to the fail merch I read up above, prices are going to rebound soon so stock up ;)

Lobby = success

Iron bar chance = success but no use

HP update = failure for NOW, until they implement updates that will involve it.

Animorph_2.png

It only takes an idiot more than a millisecond to divide by 10.

In regards to the fail merch I read up above, prices are going to rebound soon so stock up ;)

Lobby = success

Iron bar chance = success but no use

HP update = failure for NOW, until they implement updates that will involve it.

I plan to hold on to them :o IDR what I said about them and im too lazy to go back and check and go back to reply but...

I bought 70k of them (i dont have a lot of money), and I plan to hang on to them until I can sell them for a good profit...and like I may have said, the upside to it is im goin for 99 crafting too, so they have use whether the merch is good or bad in the end. And right now im making money cutting rubies and making amulets, so I'm fine for now :o

Cpchris.png

Cpchris.png

Cpchris.png

OK, I have an interesting solution to my problem (getting a purple/green/yellow phat) :mrgreen: .

Say I PK 130k profit (including rebuys for food, weapons, and whatnot) per 5 fights, not counting corrupt drops or win/lose streaks, on PVP BH.

130,000 / 5 = ~26,000 per fight on average. Say that I do 23 fights a day (not hard I don't think, not at my level)

200,000,000 / 26,000 = ~7692 fights for 200M gp

(extra) 7692 fights, fighting on avg 25 pieces of food, 12.8 healing per food, 90HP (constitution now) per player

I should end up with ABOUT 12,163,000 experience gained. Which will leave me about 2.5M exp off of my 99 hp goal (I DO NOT WANT 99HP).

I will be able to get 98 strength and about 98 attack/95 attack with 90 defense on the way. (I plan to max melee all at once with d claws for untrimmed/trimmed hp, interesting I know)

I should have enough to make a large dent in my goals.

EDIT: I don't plan on flipping at all to get the money for it, but I might end up doing it for the end of the cashpile along with skilling..

I will definitely try doing this, but I can't guarentee it will work, lol

Just a thought and experiment really. PKing my way to a Phat on F2P :blink: :thumbsup: . Wish me luck while I test this.

553VriC.png?1

I'm kinda wondering, should there be a HYT chat for pure F2Pers only?

That way, we can know who here is pure F2P and goes on tif.

I'll make one if you guys want.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

OK, I have an interesting solution to my problem (getting a purple/green/yellow phat) :mrgreen: .

Say I PK 130k profit (including rebuys for food, weapons, and whatnot) per 5 fights, not counting corrupt drops or win/lose streaks, on PVP BH.

130,000 / 5 = ~26,000 per fight on average. Say that I do 23 fights a day (not hard I don't think, not at my level)

(extra) 7692 fights, fighting on avg 25 pieces of food, 12.8 healing per food, 90HP (constitution now) per player

I should end up with ABOUT 12,163,000 experience gained. Which will leave me about 2.5M exp off of my 99 hp goal (I DO NOT WANT 99HP).

I will be able to get 98 strength and about 98 attack/95 attack with 90 defense on the way. (I plan to max melee all at once with d claws for untrimmed/trimmed hp, interesting I know)

EDIT: I don't plan on flipping at all to get the money for it, but I might end up doing it for the end of the cashpile along with skilling..

Just a thought and experiment really. PKing my way to a Phat on F2P :blink: :thumbsup: . Wish me luck while I test this.

Don't forget that the streetprice of these Phats is way above the g/e prices.

Goodluck anyways though.

24bjlt2.png

-new channel-

Goodluck anyways though.

You are able to snipe them in GE just after it updates.

Clans are hoarding them and whenever they decide to sell they will crash.

Just made a 2.7m flip, t4t.

Animorph_2.png

Goodluck anyways though.

The answer is limpwurt roots, water tallies, and XP weekends. :D

♪♪ And I'm not done

A bit off-topic but F2P-related: how many pieces of F2P music have you guys unlocked? According to this article, there are a total of 168 songs that are or were available to F2P at some point. I currently have 164; I can't get the remaining 4 because they're P2P areas and were only accessible to non-members via the now defunct Gnomecopter Tours. Looks like I got some from that time, like Dragontooth Island, but missed others like Background. Oh well. :P

~I Am A Bahai~

.:100% F2P for life:.

I_Am_A_Bahai.png

A bit off-topic but F2P-related: how many pieces of F2P music have you guys unlocked? According to this article, there are a total of 168 songs that are or were available to F2P at some point. I currently have 164; I can't get the remaining 4 because they're P2P areas and were only accessible to non-members via the now defunct Gnomecopter Tours. Looks like I got some from that time, like Dragontooth Island, but missed others like Background. Oh well. :P

i only have 166 =\

Cpchris.png

Cpchris.png

Cpchris.png

163 Music tracks atm.

Here's my list:

[hide=Music Track List]Adventure

The Adventurer

Al Kharid

Alone

Arabian

Arabian 2

Army of Darkness

Arrival

The Art of Hocus-Pocus

Artistry

Attack 2

Attention

Autumn Voyage

Barbarianism

Bittersweet Bunny

Book of Spells

Bounty Hunter Level 1

Bounty Hunter Level 2

Bounty Hunter Level 3

Cave Background

Cavernous Mythology

Cellar Song

Clan Wars

Close Quarters

Corporal Punishment

Crystal Sword

Dance of Death

The Dance of the Snow Queen

Dangerous

Dangerous Road

Dark

Dead Can Dance

Deep Wildy

Diango's Little Helpers

Dogs of War

Doorways

Down Below

Down to Earth

Dragontooth Island

Dream

Duel Arena

The Duke

Dwarf Theme

Easter Jig

Egypt

Emperor

Eruption

Evil Bob's Island

Exam Conditions

Expanse

Faithless

Fanfare

Flute Salad

Food For Thought

Forbidden

Forever

Frogland

Funny Bunnies

Garden

Ghost of Christmas Presents

Goblin Village

Greatness

Grimly Fiendish

Ground Scape

Guthix's Hunter

Hare-brained Machines

Harmony

Harmony 2

Head to Head

Heart and Mind

High Spirits

Homescape

Honky Tonky Harmony

Honky Tonky Medieval

Honky Tonky Newbie Melody

Honky Tonky Parade

Honky Tonky Sea Shanty

Horizon

I'm Counting on You

In the Clink

Incarceration

Inspiration

Into The Abyss

Itsy Bitsy...

Jungle Bells

Jungle Island

Jungle Island Xmas

Knightmare

Land of Snow

Lazy Wabbit

Lightness

Long Way Home

Looking Back

Magic and Mystery

Malady

Medieval

Melzar's Maze

The Mentor

Miles Away

Miracle Dance

Mudskipper Melody

Newbie Melody

Nightfall

Parade

Pheasant Peasant

Pinball Wizard

Poison Dreams

Quest

The Quiz Master

Rune Essence

Safety in Numbers

Scape Cave

Scape Hunter

Scape Main

Scape Original

Scape Sad

Scape Santa

Scape Scared

Scape Soft

Scape Summon

Scape Theme

Scape Wild

School's Out

Sea Shanty

Sea Shanty Xmas

Sea Shanty 2

Second Vision

Serene

The Shadow

Shine

Shining

Silent Knight

Smorgasbord

Snack Attack

Spirit

Splendour

Spooky

Starlight

Start

Still Night

Time Out

Tiptoe

Tomorrow

The Trade Parade

Trick or Treat?

Troubled

Undercurrent

Unknown Land

Vision

Waiting for the Hunt

Wander

Wild Isle

Wild Side

Wilderness

Wilderness 2

Wilderness 3

Wildwood

Winter Funfare

Witching

Wonder

Workshop

Yesteryear

Zealot[/hide]

I think I'm missing tracks like Gaol, Underground, Moody, and some other ones I can't remember atm. My friend has the latter two though and he's pure f2p.

Where can i get them? :unsure:

And gnomecopter songs don't add to your music track list.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

I've got 168 songs.

Sonic, I think you're also missing Legion from your list.

Wait, then if you're missing Legion, Gaol, Moody, and Underground... wouldn't that mean you have 164 songs atm?

Edit: Legion was part of the Gnomecopter Tours. Nvm.

zBSYE.png

^ Blog.

Zh0c4.gif

For song locations, check the link I posted in my previous reply.

It turns out I'm actually missing Gaol; I know it says "north of the Bandit Camp" but I have been ALL OVER it and cannot, for the life of me, figure out where it is. :unsure:

Pinkbullet, that's awesome!

~I Am A Bahai~

.:100% F2P for life:.

I_Am_A_Bahai.png

i've got 164 f2p songs unlocked... I know I still have 4 bars to visit.

♪♪ And I'm not done