The F2P General Discussion Thread

lionesshunt

Aiya, why are rune ess prices skyrocketing AGAIN?!

They were doing fine before, but now they are 88 gp each! Oh come on...

This is why I'm using up my current earth gloves by using Aubury's ess mine.

And ooh, the fire talisman is the item of the week.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

what if i am mining my own essence? is the fastest exp without teleport or gloves running from aubury to the earth altar and running back to mine?

If you're mining your own ess, I wouldn't worry about the fastest exp.

Actually, I would bank all of it first, mine the ess separately. Aubury to varrock's east bank is the fastest...

99 dungeoneering achieved, thanks to everyone that celebrated with me!

♪♪ Don't interrupt me as I struggle to complete this thought
Have some respect for someone more forgetful than yourself ♪♪

♪♪ And I'm not done
And I won't be till my head falls off ♪♪

Actually, I would bank all of it first, mine the ess separately. Aubury to varrock's east bank is the fastest...

but isn't it slower if i bank all of it first since i can immediately craft the runes after i mine it..

You gonna get got

but isn't it slower if i bank all of it first since i can immediately craft the runes after i mine it..

You could rc the runes immediately after you mine the ess, but I think if you focus on just mining/banking ess for about an hour, you'll accumulate a ton of ess that you can rc later. If you rc after you mine, then you'll eventually lose focus and interest.

zBSYE.png

^ Blog.

Zh0c4.gif

You could rc the runes immediately after you mine the ess, but I think if you focus on just mining/banking ess for about an hour, you'll accumulate a ton of ess that you can rc later. If you rc after you mine, then you'll eventually lose focus and interest.

so it is faster but the only bad thing is it causes loss of interest?

You gonna get got

Not for me. :P

In fact, that's what I'm currently doing.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

*bumps thread*

Also, I just noticed, earths are exactly the same price as waters!

That means earths are better gp now? :o

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

*bumps thread*

Also, I just noticed, earths are exactly the same price as waters!

That means earths are better gp now? :o

Don't forget, that depending on your level you'll still get more waters than earths per essence. Like me for example, I get 4x Earths (max) vs 5x Waters (goes up to 6X) atm. Also you'll continue to get a few bonus water runes per essence until after 95, where as earths stop giving bonus runes (except via the ring) at 78 rc.

Get woodcutting ranked, and get prayer to AT LEAST 45.

Oh and if you have anymore spare accounts, make sure they have at least 30 Runecrafting. Get it ranked, we need 2M players ranked in RC!

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

so..can someone recommend which skill(s) i should work on first? i am trying to get runecraft to 50 for the mage equipment.. then what? (woodcutting is 61)

Play the Great Orb Project until you have 1 million runecrafting tokens.

99 dungeoneering achieved, thanks to everyone that celebrated with me!

♪♪ Don't interrupt me as I struggle to complete this thought
Have some respect for someone more forgetful than yourself ♪♪

♪♪ And I'm not done
And I won't be till my head falls off ♪♪

Play the Great Orb Project until you have 1 million runecrafting tokens.

Don't listen to him. :unsure: :P

I'm thinking of making a guide on the Lumbridge Catacombs next... That place is too awesome for people to ignore.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

I think that F2P should be expanded for players over certain levels :wall: .

I was a member for a few months and theres so much to do compared to F2P where i have completed all the quests and got bored of leveling :| .

5anla8.jpg

I think that F2P should be expanded for players over certain levels :wall: .

I was a member for a few months and theres so much to do compared to F2P where i have completed all the quests and got bored of leveling :| .

You can't say F2P is exactly "boring", either. There's still lots to do in F2P, it's just that members get a lot more of the fun stuff.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Adder, happens in P2P too. TBH I'd love another 20 quests to do.

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]

O_o I don't think catacombs are THAT great...do explain ;o

The drops from corpse mages are what makes it really good. I consider it best in F2P, actually.

They drop air (18)/water (8)/earth (8)/fire (8)/mind runes (40), bronze arrows (40), threads (65), fishing bait (80), feathers (15), and coins (250) as stackables.

As for non-stackables, the best are amulets of magic/defence, air staffs, and air/water/earth/fire/mind talismans. Don't pick up any other non-stackables unless you are going to alch them.

As for the monsters themselves, they only have 99 HP (which means you can 1-hit kill them frequently), and they spawn REALLY fast. Plus, they never damage you, not even with full rune on.

As for personal experience, I have made over 500k killing these and collecting the above drops. This took me 6-7 trips.

Oh and bring Varrock teleports because this place is not so close to a bank.

Not many people train here either (on w113 at least).

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

I haven't trained my melee combat for a while, what would be a good place for a level 75(combat) to train defense? (Attack is 60, defense is 50, hit-points are 64, str is 67, and 45 prayer). Preferably a monster that drops bones.

I haven't trained my melee combat for a while, what would be a good place for a level 75(combat) to train defense? (Attack is 60, defense is 50, hit-points are 64, str is 67, and 45 prayer). Preferably a monster that drops bones.

Flesh Crawlers would be great. You can find them on the 2nd level of the Stronghold of Security.

Here are the two spots that I would suggest you train in:

3232.png

CONGRATULATIONS TO PIETHA ON REACHING 200M F2P RANGED EXP.!!!

The guy's a beast.

35126020.png

323.png

zBSYE.png

^ Blog.

Zh0c4.gif

The drops from corpse mages are what makes it really good. I consider it best in F2P, actually.

They drop air (18)/water (8)/earth (8)/fire (8)/mind runes (40), bronze arrows (40), threads (65), fishing bait (80), feathers (15), and coins (250) as stackables.

As for non-stackables, the best are amulets of magic/defence, air staffs, and air/water/earth/fire/mind talismans. Don't pick up any other non-stackables unless you are going to alch them.

As for the monsters themselves, they only have 99 HP (which means you can 1-hit kill them frequently), and they spawn REALLY fast. Plus, they never damage you, not even with full rune on.

As for personal experience, I have made over 500k killing these and collecting the above drops. This took me 6-7 trips.

Oh yeah, and I forgot to mention. They ALWAYS drop an item alongside bones, never bones themselves.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Oh yeah, and I forgot to mention. They ALWAYS drop an item alongside bones, never bones themselves.

He wanted to train. These creatures are horrible exp.

[404] Signature not found.

He wanted to train. These creatures are horrible exp.

Sure, but isn't it nice to have some gp's along with that exp? :3

If you're purely there for exp, then flesh crawlers are your best bet (giant spiders hit too much to be effective).

douvdFX.jpg

Blog