The F2P General Discussion Thread

lionesshunt

Thanks for all the help guys, i've ended up gaining 3, nearly 4 levels at flesh crawlers with minimal effort. As for the new creatures (the ones with 99hp), i tried them and they're really slow xp.

Or you could compromise and train on Flesh Crawlers for half an hour and then head down to the Catacombs for the other half. :thumbup:

Aren't the Flesh Crawlers in the Catacombs?

Thanks for all the help guys, i've ended up gaining 3, nearly 4 levels at flesh crawlers with minimal effort. As for the new creatures (the ones with 99hp), i tried them and they're really slow xp.

Or you could compromise and train on Flesh Crawlers for half an hour and then head down to the Catacombs for the other half. :thumbup:

Aren't the Flesh Crawlers in the Catacombs?

Flesh crawlers are in the Stronghold of Security which is entered through Barbarian Village. The catacombs are accessed through Lumbidge cemetary.

As for the map Pink gave you, I personally trained on the Crawlers in the South East corner because there were no zombies which hit much higher then the crawlers so I could last longer. Not sure if they're worth it, but thats what I used.

Flesh crawlers are in the Stronghold of Security which is entered through Barbarian Village. The catacombs are accessed through Lumbidge cemetary.

As for the map Pink gave you, I personally trained on the Crawlers in the South East corner because there were no zombies which hit much higher then the crawlers so I could last longer. Not sure if they're worth it, but thats what I used.

Yep, that's what I did too. In fact, that is the ideal room to train on Flesh Crawlers.

Oh and do you guys like the new holiday event? I personally love it, but I don't like the fact that you can only summon the squirrels once every 30 mins. >_<

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

for training, i only look for giant, since i want its bones for prayer.

i hope there will be a weaker and stronger version of giant, and at least a dragon that we can kill beside dragon slayer quest which only once.

hopefully this will be implemented together with the new skill.

the summoning cant be too often, but oh well, since it dont have any usefulness also. so it doesnt matter anyway.

i love holiday event too, in fact it want us to have some minigame that need us f2p to think even it is only for awhile. but i think 15 turns is too much, there should be 12 or 14, since my first time already 8 and 2nd times is 7 and possible 1 of the best score. it is just too easy.

score.jpg

Yep, that's what I did too. In fact, that is the ideal room to train on Flesh Crawlers.

Oh and do you guys like the new holiday event? I personally love it, but I don't like the fact that you can only summon the squirrels once every 30 mins. >_<

The training is intended for lower levels, and in my opinion its way better xp and DROP compare other monsters.

When I first started RS, I train my combat from lvl 3 to 75 in about 3 weeks hitting nothing but, zombies, skeletons and hobgoblins (with addy plate, d hide leg, black sq shield, steel full helm, plus my trusty mith scimi, oh yes, I used my mith scimi from when I can wield it until combat lvl 75, and bear in mind, I wasn't being cheap, I just being very sentimental to things I first purchased, and they were doing their jobs) , Keep in mind, limproot worth like 100gp ea back then, gems were regarded as useless unless you cut them the only possible good thing out of it was just occasional nature, cosmic, death, and law runes.

a happy Runescaper

i hope there will be a weaker and stronger version of giant, and at least a dragon that we can kill beside dragon slayer quest which only once.

Nah, it's not so likely that the new skill will bring F2P new dragons and such. :(

@ Central_Kepper: Are you referring to corpse mages?

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

Nah, it's not so likely that the new skill will bring F2P new dragons and such. :(

@ Central_Kepper: Are you referring to corpse mages?

No he is referring to the creatures he stated...

Animorph_2.png

Remember those zombies and skeletons down in Draynor sewer, Edgeville Dungeon, and Hobs around the Edgeville Mine. That's where I use to train, as both have simple access to banks.

There wasn't that many type of monsters back then, the one with plenty of HP and hits low are quite limited. The good drop one such as Mossies, Hillies or Icy are always crowded.

a happy Runescaper

Remember those zombies and skeletons down in Draynor sewer, Edgeville Dungeon, and Hobs around the Edgeville Mine. That's where I use to train, as both have simple access to banks.

There wasn't that many type of monsters back then, the one with plenty of HP and hits low are quite limited. The good drop one such as Mossies, Hillies or Icy are always crowded.

Ahh, I see.

IMO they should have more monsters that drop big bones. We need more of that prayer exp.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

IMO they should have more monsters that drop big bones. We need more of that prayer exp.

I'd also appreciate a bury-x feature. My wrists hurt.

99 dungeoneering achieved, thanks to everyone that celebrated with me!

♪♪ Don't interrupt me as I struggle to complete this thought
Have some respect for someone more forgetful than yourself ♪♪

♪♪ And I'm not done
And I won't be till my head falls off ♪♪

Now that would defeated the purpose of Prayer being one of the hardest skill in F2P. Its kind of same thing saying firemaking X.

I am sure those max out f2p or people achieve prayer 99 must have a sore wrist for a while

Its almost like people who got cook 99 can't imagine pre cook x 99 age. Something like this was a common theme in old days.

Someone light a fire in Karajama Island.

People scamper beside it to cook food

someone step on the fire

Almost everyone will go

Plz get off the fire, or

get off the the fire noob, or

hmm, whatever u can think of.

After cook X comes out, it become almost a semi AFW skill, and of course, highscore rank for cooking changed within few months

If Dragon bones are introduced into F2P, I wonder who can even afford them beside really rich F2P, seeing how big bones are 600ea plus now. (Unless you mine a lot of runite)

a happy Runescaper

Ice Warriors are level 57. In order for you to not attract them, you have to be double their level, which is 114. I'm 108, so I'm not quite there yet (but I am double the Ice Giants' level, so that's a plus).

That being said, is there a way to lose Ice Warrior aggro? I tried standing in a cluster of them and killing them all, and I've done that for about 10 minutes and they still won't stop attacking me... I also tried killing a specific amount and they still keep attacking me... Sometimes I'll lose aggro, walk to a specific spot, and they'll start attacking me...

Ice Warriors can go to hell.

zBSYE.png

^ Blog.

Zh0c4.gif

Now that would defeated the purpose of Prayer being one of the hardest skill in F2P. Its kind of same thing saying firemaking X.

Not really, because firemaking requires you to move. Also, prayer is crazy slow, and crazy expensive. There's no reason it should make you click so much.

Also, firemaking gives a TON of experience for SUPER CHEAP.

99 dungeoneering achieved, thanks to everyone that celebrated with me!

♪♪ Don't interrupt me as I struggle to complete this thought
Have some respect for someone more forgetful than yourself ♪♪

♪♪ And I'm not done
And I won't be till my head falls off ♪♪

Ice Warriors are level 57. In order for you to not attract them, you have to be double their level, which is 114. I'm 108, so I'm not quite there yet (but I am double the Ice Giants' level, so that's a plus).

That being said, is there a way to lose Ice Warrior aggro? I tried standing in a cluster of them and killing them all, and I've done that for about 10 minutes and they still won't stop attacking me... I also tried killing a specific amount and they still keep attacking me... Sometimes I'll lose aggro, walk to a specific spot, and they'll start attacking me...

Ice Warriors can go to hell.

If I remember correctly, it suppose to be 2x monster lvl plus 1, which is lvl 115 cbt, in order for them not to be aggressive. When I was training for lvl 124, I would just range and melee depend on different time, I would wear full range armor but melee for first 15 minutes, after icy wars stop being aggressive, I then train range. It used to be a funny sight where you would see people running all over ice cave trying to avoid ice wars, and try to position themselves for ice giants. That would waste lots of time when u want to train melee, just whack anything that attacks you and when you are all safe, move on to the ice giants.

Back to prayer, there is a reason why prayer being hardest skill to train because you have to click on them plus very little xp (make it even harder to train for F2P, old wildy bury bones and big bones anyone?), look at those skill which allow you to click just once and then don't worry about it for 30 seconds. Tons of people have those in high 90s or even 99s. The one that requires constant attention would equate to harder one to train.

That being said, people would eventually ask for a mine x, mine one rock, and their guy would home in on a near by available rock too? You can ask anyone who play RS before cook X was introduced, its click on fire and food, and then its cooked, so a lot of back and forth required. Its all about perceptive of how hard you think the skill is, because back then, IT IS a lot of clicking (not that I am saying grinding and having carpel tunnel means you are PRO in any way. But its not comparable anymore since the xp, the attention, and the effort reaching both 99s is entire different (good example would be Cooking, even better one is smelt X, which I heard used to be one click at a time)

When I started out, I remember I used to fish in Lumbridge river and Lumby castle bank wasn't even there. I had to walk all the way from Lumby River to Dryanor bank to bank my trout and salmon (which I manage to accumulate like plus 10k for both, and cooked, and hey, cook x wasn't even a feature back then). (I mentioned it once, and one of the nearby player just said, pfft, just use Explorer Ring, I was like, ugh, yes, if that was around back then, it would made my life a lot easier too)

If you look at pre GE top F2P, and compare post GE update top F2P list, you would see tons of xp increase compare to back then, because buying stuff was easier, and people can spend more time grinding instead of standing at World 1 Varrock or World 2 fally buying items and wars. It always come back to the part where I use a prime example of RC. Before the air walkers was wildy use, many F2P are struggling with it pretty much, those that was using traditional way RC was a lot slower back then (again), just check the time like 5 months before trading limit was introduced and made world 16 RC obsolete for a while.

I guess I just have this old mindset where you simply can't compare the old days training vs new age training, not to mention all the xp are mixed together, so you have no idea if that person train through the old style or new style (both grinding, but one is easier since obtain resource and with some new in game features like gloves, token, skill x was introduced). Unless someone has a snapshot of top F2P list before the trade limit was introduce, which I consider the major event in RS F2P history.

To cap it off, when Franzk got first F2P prayer lvl 99, everyone in high F2P community were pretty excited, since he achieved what we considered was kind of impossible at the time. ( I would even check his prayer lvl daily to see it grow and grow more closer to lvl 99, kind of like hey a F2P is finally getting his prayer 99) That time, big bones were 300 ea on average? Normal bones were like.....well, market price make it anywhere from 50 to 100ea or anything, since everyone consider them worthless (GE definitely bring up the value). Hence why prayer has always been one of the toughest skill to get (beside RC 99)

a happy Runescaper

Screw big bones, I wish they'd let F2p buy dragon bones, it'd be a huge market boost for P2p.

The market for dragon bones definitely does not need boosting. They have doubled in price in the last few months. The last thing they need is more demand.

Not really, because firemaking requires you to move. Also, prayer is crazy slow, and crazy expensive. There's no reason it should make you click so much.

Also, firemaking gives a TON of experience for SUPER CHEAP.

Just for a quick comparison, here is my stat back in December 2005, and since I start the game in May/June 2005, I don't have other data prior than that (2004 era). You can take a look at the rank in high score in comparison to my level at the time to get some idea what it was like back then. Which I just either categorize it as too bored no one want to train it, or too hard no one want to train it category. Keep in mind, the number of people play RS now is way more compare to before.

references.jpg

FM rank high because there wasn't any purpose to train them, so no incentive for other players at that time

Cook ranked high before cook x was introduced, so it was medium skill back then (think of them as firemaking)

a happy Runescaper

refer to Tolerance

to simplify that is to wait about 10-15 min without leaving too far where you train from.

so give more ppl had easier access to ice giant, just to the following 2 thing when ice warrior aggressive to you.

1. stay at red box for minimum 10 min, then reenter the world (go lobby and back to RS) they will stop being aggressive. then stay within the blue circle for 2-3 min (attack the giant from the blue spot), before moving to red circle.

2. stay at yellow box and get a giant to block the entrance (this need to open speaker loud to hear if any player had kill your giant) for minimum 10 min then same reenter the world, they will stop being aggressive. then stay within the red circle.

3line.jpg

circle.jpg

So, this is just a bit random. But, I thought I'd tell the F2P because its one of few ways to effectively earn money.

I can promise you this isn't a lie. If you don't believe me, go on world 30 and look for me in Falador. What you do is buy some odd amount of gold bars. Then, if you have at least 5 crafting, go and make them into gold rings. They sell instantly and effectively double your money. Try it. It's pretty sweet actually.

Excuses are tools of incompetence that builds monuments of nothingness. Those who specialize in excuses never accomplish anything.
If the world does end on December 21, 2012, I want to be doing hot stuff with Megan Fox and/or playing Runescape :D

So, this is just a bit random. But, I thought I'd tell the F2P because its one of few ways to effectively earn money.

I can promise you this isn't a lie. If you don't believe me, go on world 30 and look for me in Falador. What you do is buy some odd amount of gold bars. Then, if you have at least 5 crafting, go and make them into gold rings. They sell instantly and effectively double your money. Try it. It's pretty sweet actually.

Making Jewelry has always been an awesome way to make money, but the biggest problem is that you always have to be watching the prices because they are constantly moving. What may be profit one day, may be a huge loss the next.

~Dan

overall-1.png: 1437 combat.png: 173
Lowest Combat to 1,000 Total in F2P (23 Combat)
2r8i4.png
Check me out on YouTube!

So, my little 'vacation' into P2P is over, had a great time but it's nice to be back. So I got 71 mining from a quest and haven't mined in over 2 years (I hate it....a LOT). Since I keep all my stats even 5's and 10's I'm gonna get 75 mining. Does anyone have any ideas of good methods? As of right now I'm mining iron ore (and silver when it spawns) south of Varrock and banking it. It's great money but slow exp. I could power mine but dropping makes me mad. So does anyone have any super secret mining tips for a mining newb like me?

Also, I'm 87 crafting and gonna get 90. I'm planning on cutting emeralds for exp but of course, manipulation clans hit emerald rings and that spiraled down

Emerald ring > cut emerald > uncut emerald > all other uncuts > all other gems :wall: I guess I'll be waiting a month before prices become at least bareable...

So, my little 'vacation' into P2P is over, had a great time but it's nice to be back. So I got 71 mining from a quest and haven't mined in over 2 years (I hate it....a LOT). Since I keep all my stats even 5's and 10's I'm gonna get 75 mining. Does anyone have any ideas of good methods? As of right now I'm mining iron ore (and silver when it spawns) south of Varrock and banking it. It's great money but slow exp. I could power mine but dropping makes me mad. So does anyone have any super secret mining tips for a mining newb like me?

Also, I'm 87 crafting and gonna get 90. I'm planning on cutting emeralds for exp but of course, manipulation clans hit emerald rings and that spiraled down

Emerald ring > cut emerald > uncut emerald > all other uncuts > all other gems :wall: I guess I'll be waiting a month before prices become at least bareable...

I've personally been using the lumbridge swamp mine and saving up all the adamantite, mithril and coal in my bank. Then buying lots of natures and taking a fire staff down there and using the coal spawns to smith addy bars, grabbing the addy ore when it spawns. It reduces the time wasted on bank runs by lots and gets you precious smithing exp. This can also be done with mith and steel if you only have low smithing.

1yrb49.jpg

I'm taking some advantage of the emerald situation. The past 2 days I've bought uncut emeralds, cut them, and made rings and sell them the next day. So far, I've made about 1.3m from it and it took me less than 4 hours....considering my other main money maker would be gop, it's nice to see that I'm currently making better money than I would at gop. Making rings atm too, and hoping they don't crash tomorrow...

Cpchris.png

Cpchris.png

Cpchris.png