The F2P General Discussion Thread

lionesshunt

Or mine all the rune essence yourself to reach rc lvl 99, and air walk them without assist or tokens or tablets.

You don't walk while rcing... just a correction. <_<

Always run, no matter what. Musicians are very worth it.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

Or mine all the rune essence yourself to reach rc lvl 99, and air walk them without assist or tokens or tablets.

We did in the olden days. :)

~I Am A Bahai~

.:100% F2P for life:.

I_Am_A_Bahai.png

There are no revs in bounty hunter worlds.

Yeah, I remember that part, but I would assume other players roaming around looking for players to fight, so I just refer them as rev as well

They do, except the hobgoblins are aggressive to everyone, making it near impossible to kill (or be killed) there. The closest I ever got to killing someone there was by farcasting... they didn't have any food and were able to get out of range and log out.

99 dungeoneering achieved, thanks to everyone that celebrated with me!

♪♪ Don't interrupt me as I struggle to complete this thought
Have some respect for someone more forgetful than yourself ♪♪

♪♪ And I'm not done
And I won't be till my head falls off ♪♪

We did in the olden days. :)

Yeah, before the gloves and rest were out, we have to walk a few trips, then probably run for 2 trips, and back to walking again. I just refer RC airs to air walking in my own RS terminology.

I think if I were to go wildy, i might just stick to runite ore, but hob mines at pvp world seems like a good idea too.

a happy Runescaper

I think if I were to go wildy, i might just stick to runite ore, but hob mines at pvp world seems like a good idea too.

For me, I mine iron ores at Rimmington using the cabbage-port + bank deposit box method.

After like 30-ish inventories I earned 250k! :blink:

I'm honestly not that sure if runite ores are that worth it anymore... but I don't have 85 mining yet so meh.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

For me, I mine iron ores at Rimmington using the cabbage-port + bank deposit box method.

I'm honestly not that sure if runite ores are that worth it anymore... but I don't have 85 mining yet so meh.

The prices fluctuate so much nowadays that its hard to know whats worth good or faster. Just stick to what you comfortable best and do it consistently.

The reason why I like runite mining is that due to the lobby update, you can leisurely change world and wait for 30 seconds to go to next time. To me, its almost like a wc or fishing skill, I just mine, hop, wait, read something, hop in, nothing in, hop out, wait, read and go next one. Its not very attention oriented therefore you can multi task while getting the ores. For mining, you will have to quite focused on due to competition and banking the ores quite often. Not saying its a bad thing, it would be great and better if you are going for mining 99.

Overall, just do what you like to do, find the most consistent way for it, and cash will come flowing in.

In theory, if you have successful runite run, it could potentially 1mil gp per hour, even the least lucky run should be 400k per hour. I got 55 runite ore in first run (1hr and 10min), by just going around the world.......from 1 all the way to the end, and repeat, without timing them. Maybe I was really lucky then

a happy Runescaper

At the astronomical price they are now (17.1K at the time of writing) it's more then worth it to switch to rune at 85.

The objectives box says that "leveling your Mining will increase the rate at which you get ores from rocks." Does that mean how fast you get the ore from the rock, or...? Because an increase in rate, I would assume, would mean something like getting 5 coal per minute (exaggeration?) rather than 2, which means you get the ore from the rock faster than before.

zBSYE.png

^ Blog.

Zh0c4.gif

The objectives box says that "leveling your Mining will increase the rate at which you get ores from rocks." Does that mean how fast you get the ore from the rock, or...? Because an increase in rate, I would assume, would mean something like getting 5 coal per minute (exaggeration?) rather than 2, which means you get the ore from the rock faster than before.

The increase in rate refers to the fact that you will have a higher chance of getting the ore every third swing (you can only get an ore from a rock on the third swing in the animation). It's less about a decrease in time and more about increasing the probability you'll get the ore.

It's just like Firemaking. Why would it say "increases the rate at which you light the logs", when, no matter what level, you can light the logs maximum speed? :mellow:

@Lordofrah1: I see you like what I did there. :P

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

The increase in rate refers to the fact that you will have a higher chance of getting the ore every third swing (you can only get an ore from a rock on the third swing in the animation). It's less about a decrease in time and more about increasing the probability you'll get the ore.

Practically on the money, it increases the percentage of recieving an ore for every game click, in other words it gives you a bigger chance of getting the ore every 0.6 seconds.

1yrb49.jpg

Idk, I wouldn't riot if the game went back to how it was in 2001...

And I don't know the full extent of what training was like when the game was released, though I've read about it...

I've been playing since 2005...my computer at the time wouldn't allow me to play before that =\...so I only know a few of the challenging aspects...

I realize it's gotten A LOT easier though...It's not as if I think my 99s are of the same value as those of people who got it many years ago...

But just because the game is getting easier doesn't mean it should continue to do so...I wish I could remember that quote I heard about "good" money and "bad" money...

And yes, I can always not participate...and yes, I can train the same way people used to have to train...The fact is though, if this game's getting easier, I can't exactly just play 5x slower and keep up with others...Not sure if I've said it on here, but it's like how technology is always advancing in the modern world...You can choose to not use it, but you really won't be able to do much if everyone else uses it, and you really can't be that successful...ex: If you would rather walk to work since you don't like cars, you're going to have a much harder time getting a job, as other people will have that advantage...Still not sure if that helped it make more sense or not >.>

Cpchris.png

Cpchris.png

Cpchris.png

What's that?

The gathering is an mass event, many famous players are there to be seen. Some Jagex mods just pop in too.

But this year the high level F2P's didn't let them been seen. :mellow:

greedy44.png

Idk, I wouldn't riot if the game went back to how it was in 2001...

And I don't know the full extent of what training was like when the game was released, though I've read about it...

I've been playing since 2005...my computer at the time wouldn't allow me to play before that =\...so I only know a few of the challenging aspects...

I realize it's gotten A LOT easier though...It's not as if I think my 99s are of the same value as those of people who got it many years ago...

But just because the game is getting easier doesn't mean it should continue to do so...I wish I could remember that quote I heard about "good" money and "bad" money...

And yes, I can always not participate...and yes, I can train the same way people used to have to train...The fact is though, if this game's getting easier, I can't exactly just play 5x slower and keep up with others...Not sure if I've said it on here, but it's like how technology is always advancing in the modern world...You can choose to not use it, but you really won't be able to do much if everyone else uses it, and you really can't be that successful...ex: If you would rather walk to work since you don't like cars, you're going to have a much harder time getting a job, as other people will have that advantage...Still not sure if that helped it make more sense or not >.>

True, but...

If the respect for F2P players is for some time around the corner, wait till it is around 4 corners. The respect is coming home to the F2P hardcore players any time soon. We know silently for some time membership achievements are devalueing. :rolleyes:

greedy44.png

Bah, who gives a crap about respect. Runescape is meant to be played casually (aka. for fun), not to see "oh im the best haha". :rolleyes:

Great Orb Project is a very good example of this. The winning team is like "oh w00t haha" and the losing team is like "you guys suck!!!!!11!1".

And who cares if achievements get "devalued" over time. An achievement is an achievement, whether it's finishing your first quest or getting 200M exp on all skills.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Double post... but it's down below the page anyway so meh.

You know, I'm thinking of making a clan chat for Dungeoneering for F2P TIFers. What do you guys think of this idea?

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

You know, I'm thinking of making a clan chat for Dungeoneering for F2P TIFers. What do you guys think of this idea?

Sounds like a wonderful idea to me; I'd be there in a heartbeat.

~I Am A Bahai~

I_Am_A_Bahai.png

Soloing f2p floors is boring, no creature above lvl 37 :s

Retired

2146 overall - 136 combat - 6 skillcapes

Plus I think the whole teenage girl thing will end soon (hopefully), because my girlfriend is absolutely in love with him(she is 18), and im beginning to feel threatened by his [Justin Bieber] dashing looks.

I crafted death runes today. And nats. And laws.

I crafted them one at a time.... booo

99 dungeoneering achieved, thanks to everyone that celebrated with me!

♪♪ Don't interrupt me as I struggle to complete this thought
Have some respect for someone more forgetful than yourself ♪♪

♪♪ And I'm not done
And I won't be till my head falls off ♪♪

Sounds like a wonderful idea to me; I'd be there in a heartbeat.

I agree, would join instantly. Please post here if anyone decides to make a cc for Dungeoneering.

I crafted death runes today. And nats. And laws.

I crafted them one at a time.... booo

Right-click on the rune options and do Make X. ;)

Also, check out these great rewards if you haven't yet:

http://www.runescape.com/c=Ei*knFia-Ug/kbase/guid/dungeoneering_rewards

Most items up to the Gravite weapons are F2P. The coal bag and nature staff caught my eye immediately.

~I Am A Bahai~

I_Am_A_Bahai.png