The F2P General Discussion Thread

lionesshunt

I'm not sure about what the rest of you think, but if they are honestly going to keep this exp nerf to 90+ f2p people, I'd very much like to see the nerf extent to all of f2p. Having an abstract and obscure point where exp is halfed is just ridiculous, insulting, unfair and illogical. High levels should be beneficial toward leveling speed, not a serious handicap.

Hopefully, they will undo or lifted it off in the near future. At this point, i am more concentrating on getting those RC xp up with the skill. It's a fun one nevertheless and to be honest, they could do whatever they want with the skill and set it as a limit for F2P. We are playing this game for free (well, with the adverts on), so them capping it is not so much of an issue. Back to that part again, F2P are suppose to be harder due to many limitations, a lot of skill between F2P and P2p can almost train at the same speed now if you get the method right.

Its like, in the old days, if you are member you get RC 70, its ok since you can use wildy and pouches. For F2P, lvl 50 plus is impressive because all you can do is walk (and run occasionally)

a happy Runescaper

I'm not sure about what the rest of you think, but if they are honestly going to keep this exp nerf to 90+ f2p people, I'd very much like to see the nerf extent to all of f2p. Having an abstract and obscure point where exp is halfed is just ridiculous, insulting, unfair and illogical. High levels should be beneficial toward leveling speed, not a serious handicap.

Hopefully, they will undo or lifted it off in the near future. At this point, i am more concentrating on getting those RC xp up with the skill. It's a fun one nevertheless and to be honest, they could do whatever they want with the skill and set it as a limit for F2P. We are playing this game for free (well, with the adverts on), so them capping it is not so much of an issue. Back to that part again, F2P are suppose to be harder due to many limitations, a lot of skill between F2P and P2p can almost train at the same speed now if you get the method right.

Its like, in the old days, if you are member you get RC 70, its ok since you can use wildy and pouches. For F2P, lvl 50 plus is impressive because all you can do is walk (and run occasionally)

My problem is not with nerfing f2p exp; it's only nerfing 90+ f2p exp and not also nerfing under 90 f2p exp.

(Though seriously, taking 1.5 to 2 hour per level at 30 is pretty ridiculous.)

greenmelf.png

My problem is not with nerfing f2p exp; it's only nerfing 90+ f2p exp and not also nerfing under 90 f2p exp.

Yeah, I can see what you mean, hopefully they will change back again. I already see they change the RC xp, from 7~10 to 1 ~ 2. I guess I will go back to my skill lvling again until they change their mind again, or unless I got all lvl 99s first.

a happy Runescaper

About the RC thing, airs sell for 12gp again so you can still level like that. (Though much more slowly...)

And has anyone here actually gotten to the next theme of the dungeons? I think it's undead or something...

Well, whatever it is it looks really bright full of sands, like a desert tomb or something...

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

About the RC thing, airs sell for 12gp again so you can still level like that. (Though much more slowly...)

And has anyone here actually gotten to the next theme of the dungeons? I think it's undead or something...

Well, whatever it is it looks really bright full of sands, like a desert tomb or something...

which theme you mean?

me at 38 lvl, had frozen, abandoned, furnished, this 3 theme.

i hate Stomp for blocking the path, and Riftsplitter being too often casting rain. other then that, all boss is still ok

but world 1 is really lag, lag until i going for solo

Yeah, I can see what you mean, hopefully they will change back again. I already see they change the RC xp, from 7~10 to 1 ~ 2. I guess I will go back to my skill lvling again until they change their mind again, or unless I got all lvl 99s first.

Actually, having reread the announcement, the word seems somewhat vague. Did they really only reduce exp for people above combat level 90 or something slightly different?

All I know for sure is that I get 50% of the original exp and I'm level 106. Though I also haven't heard anything to suggest that it isn't just a straight 50% reduced exp to people over 90.

Either way, I don't think I'm going to bother playing if the exp stays around 400 per 20+ minute floor at level 34 skill.

greenmelf.png

Either way, I don't think I'm going to bother playing if the exp stays around 400 per 20+ minute floor at level 34 skill.

Yeah. I would still like to know how B u c H got almost 60 dungeoneering in under 48 hours after the skill's release.

~I Am A Bahai~

.:100% F2P for life:.

I_Am_A_Bahai.png

All I know for sure is that I get 50% of the original exp and I'm level 106. Though I also haven't heard anything to suggest that it isn't just a straight 50% reduced exp to people over 90.

Are you getting 0 for your prestige experience? If so try and reset your progress in the ring interface and do the floors that don't have ticks next to them (you can see which floors have ticks by pressing the change button next to the floor part in the ring interface).

If this isn't the case then i'm not too sure, but i'm not experiencing a -50%XP, but i'm only 96, so maybe it's 100+'s?

1yrb49.jpg

It's quite viable to get much more than that, this is my last dungeon's experience on my F2P character :-

[hide=Floor 18]

screenshotew.png

[/hide]

This was from completing 17 Dungeons continuously to get prestige up and soloing a dungeon, getting all the bonus rooms - killing what monsters I could. I'd estimate this took about 10 minutes to do that dungeon-run. (Note I also had a death at the Boss). I would state however that this was a particularly good run with no skill doors blocking my way! ;)

It's quite viable to get much more than that, this is my last dungeon's experience on my F2P character :-

[hide=Floor 18]

screenshotew.png

[/hide]

This was from completing 17 Dungeons continuously to get prestige up and soloing a dungeon, getting all the bonus rooms - killing what monsters I could. I'd estimate this took about 10 minutes to do that dungeon-run. (Note I also had a death at the Boss). I would state however that this was a particularly good run with no skill doors blocking my way! ;)

Is that on non-members or members though?

I have once since the update got (800 + 800)/2 = 800, then like 950 after other bonuses. But most of the time I get something like 200 - 500 total, with prestige 16 the whole time.

Are you getting 0 for your prestige experience? If so try and reset your progress in the ring interface and do the floors that don't have ticks next to them (you can see which floors have ticks by pressing the change button next to the floor part in the ring interface).

If this isn't the case then i'm not too sure, but i'm not experiencing a -50%XP, but i'm only 96, so maybe it's 100+'s?

No, I'm not getting 0 prestige, I have it at the max I can all the time.

I'm testing floor 15 with 16 prestige, going for full completion too, I'll see what happens.

630+699 with 812 total

greenmelf.png

i been facing boss 1 lvl before i available to it, like Stomp at 35 lvl, Lexicus Runewright at 39 lvl.

look at the skills, between floor 18 and 19 is change of theme, but in the floor selection, is 17 and 18. i think the level before available is totally mess up.

well, now i at 40 lvl, and i gaining 1.2k exp each when solo, not bad exp. muahahaha, soon i can bind 2 items, hehe

about the rewards, i dont think we can afford any of it until we are about 55 lvl or higher, to be able to buy 2, i think need over 60 lvl

I have once since the update got (800 + 800)/2 = 800, then like 950 after other bonuses. But most of the time I get something like 200 - 500 total, with prestige 16 the whole time.

That was on my free character, so non-members. :) Is it the base exp' that is low, or is it after any specific multipliers?

I read the part where the mod gave the reason for the xp change.

Something about higher lvl F2P can kill monsters a lot quicker than lower lvls. In addition, they also want to make sure no ex member with higher stat tries to do raids in F2P world and get higher xp for the same reason.

Still, not sure why they put it as a reason since its pretty slow as it is. With puzzles and stuff to solve, its still quite slow to go through a dungeon properly.

a happy Runescaper

That was on my free character, so non-members. :) Is it the base exp' that is low, or is it after any specific multipliers?

for me, i never get that such low exp before, unless complexity 1-5, with C6, my prestige is about 1.8k. and if i redo a floor, without prestige i also gain about 1.3k, since small size floor.

I'm back on Rs temporarily due to Dungeoneering :thumbsup:

Unfortunately, as ex-mem and being largely absent for over a year and half, besides checking my rares haven't plummeted, I'm confused as to what exactly I can do as F2p.

I can't fletch staves in Daemonheim, and the only one stocked is the tier one staff. Does this mean I can't obtain a fire/air staff in Daemonheim?

Also, I seem curiously to be able to craft laws and natures, but unable to complete any Thieving of Construction skill doors I find.

Help?

Hmmm....

I need a new siggy, get round to doing it later.

Probably.

i dont think you can fletch anything in dungeoneering, in order to have 1 of the 3 staves, you had to bind it when you find it in the starting room in complexity 1 or 2 maybe.

it is weird to be able to craft some member runes, however ex-mem in my team are able to use agiligy to pass through obstacle to open small door to allow us through. but i not sure about other member skills.

I can't fletch staves in Daemonheim, and the only one stocked is the tier one staff. Does this mean I can't obtain a fire/air staff in Daemonheim?

Alongside zhong's suggestion, there's also a boss later on that has dropped a staff each time I've killed him - Har'lakk the Riftsplitter I believe, so later on you could get the elemental staves but that doesn't really help at the beginning.

i dont think you can fletch anything in dungeoneering, in order to have 1 of the 3 staves, you had to bind it when you find it in the starting room in complexity 1 or 2 maybe.

it is weird to be able to craft some member runes, however ex-mem in my team are able to use agiligy to pass through obstacle to open small door to allow us through. but i not sure about other member skills.

Yes Jagex's logic is very weird. I was able to go through agility puzzle but not able to do herblore or thieving doors. (Why the hell those are in f2p dungeon in the first place?) And also ability to craft members runes and not able to fletch even the lowest type of arros makes just no sense. :mellow: (well ofcourse, it prevents f2p'rs to level fletching but still...)
Sephy.png

I'm still gaining like 40 exp per floor on complexity level 3 with prestige 5... Though that is because my dungeoneering level is only 9, so yeah...

Hopefully it gets much faster later.

And btw, what do you think is the most annoying boss? I hate fighting the icefiend, I keep getting hit from those spike thingies that fall on you, at least once (though I never died). If I only brought melee gear, then the witch with the protect pray is the most annoying.

And finally, what item did you choose to bind? I bound the fractite longsword, as it is the best weapon (imo) of melee.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

Here's a hint: Always duo, in a medium sized dungeon.

With 21 prestige, and on level 18, I got 5.3k experience. Previously, on level 21 with 20 prestige, I got 2k experience (small, solo).

Also, when replaying level 1, with 21 prestige this morning, I got 900 experience - super capped.

99 dungeoneering achieved, thanks to everyone that celebrated with me!

♪♪ Don't interrupt me as I struggle to complete this thought
Have some respect for someone more forgetful than yourself ♪♪

♪♪ And I'm not done
And I won't be till my head falls off ♪♪

And btw, what do you think is the most annoying boss? I hate fighting the icefiend, I keep getting hit from those spike thingies that fall on you, at least once (though I never died). If I only brought melee gear, then the witch with the protect pray is the most annoying.

And finally, what item did you choose to bind? I bound the fractite longsword, as it is the best weapon (imo) of melee.

For the boss - Stomp undoubtedly. I admire that it requires more skill than others, but the real nuisance is the luck factor of rocks blocking lodestones - you simply can't do anything as far as I'm aware so it really just comes down to chance, not something I'm fond of. (Not to mention arrows get blocked from being picked up off the ground as they end up behind the wall!)

For an item, I've actually just bound a Tier 5 longbow, I had all my melee stats, ranged and magic at 40 - so any combat is viable for me, but for now I've predominantly used ranged. (Have actually gone from 40 - 47 Ranged whilst training Dungeoneering exlusively!)

Last night I did floors 2 to 12 and 15 all at 16 prestige, completed as much as possible on each floor, and took pictures of the exp screen.

Base floor exp ranged from 78 exp for floor 2 to 630 exp for floor 15.

Prestige exp ranged from 362 exp to 699 exp all at presitge 16.

My total final exp per floor ranged from 235 exp at floor 2 to 812 exp at floor 15, average was probably 500 some.

The prestige exp seems to be directed linked to how many bonus rooms opened. With no bonus rooms opens resulting in prestige neared halved, than linearly increasing until full prestige at all bonus rooms opened. Which makes at pretty damn lame when it decides to random generate a solo dungeon BASED on MY skills or a members door so that I can't open a door, then have to take a huge exp reduction.

for me, i never get that such low exp before, unless complexity 1-5, with C6, my prestige is about 1.8k. and if i redo a floor, without prestige i also gain about 1.3k, since small size floor.

Looking at you on the highscores, you aren't ranked in any melee combat, so I'd assume you are under 90 combat.

And that it why you are getting so much more exp than me, I'm level 106 and get that 50% exp nerf.

Which is why that update is BS, you get lots more exp just for being lower level than me.

greenmelf.png

Gah, that really sounds like a particularly awful nerf, I can see their belief for wanting members to gain more experience than a free-world but they certainly seem to have gone about it the wrong way!