The F2P General Discussion Thread

lionesshunt

Me and a friend found a nice way to train rc with the new skill,

when you're in the spawning room with the food etc., take all the stuff and sell it to that guy.

Then you start buying that wannabe-pouche thing with all the money you have.

After that, start making airs, when you don't have any more pouches, sell the airs.

If you put the airs on the bottom of your bag it's way easier to sell them.

After a while you'll have enough pouches to make it an afk skill :thumbsup: .

Note: at lower lvl's this isn't possible because you can't sell the airs with profit (because of the multiple runes thing)

Note: You get 10 xp/sec so that means 600 xp/min, if you have 72k pouches you can afk it for 1 straight hour and get 36K xp/hour.

Edit: this isn't possible anymore

I agree, would join instantly. Please post here if anyone decides to make a cc for Dungeoneering.

I'll make it then!

Chat Name: F2P Dungeon (Sonic3190)

Homeworld: World 7

Requirements: None, other than the Dungeoneering fun and spirit! :D

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

is there a guide for dungeoneering for f2p? or can someone post link to any guide at all for this new skill?

what are some tips and advice for f2p people that just starting dungeoneer?

You gonna get got

Guest mauranius

Me and a friend found a nice way to train rc with the new skill,

when you're in the spawning room with the food etc., take all the stuff and sell it to that guy.

Then you start buying that wannabe-pouche thing with all the money you have.

After that, start making airs, when you don't have any more pouches, sell the airs.

If you put the airs on the bottom of your bag it's way easier to sell them.

After a while you'll have enough pouches to make it an afk skill :thumbsup: .

Note: at lower lvl's this isn't possible because you can't sell the airs with profit (because of the multiple runes thing)

Note: You get 10 xp/sec so that means 600 xp/min, if you have 72k pouches you can afk it for 1 straight hour and get 36K xp/hour.

Edit: this isn't possible anymore

Har-Har, you gonna have tdo it the hard way like I did ;)

Yeah, this skill is starting to annoy me because I'm positive I'm not doing something right. I've probably dungeoneered for a total of 4+ hours and I only have 6 dungeoneering and like 25 tokens. It usually takes me at least half an hour to do a solo raid (that might just be because I'm only lvl 64 and need to rely on magic, essence gathering/crafting, therefore more time-consuming) but it really shouldn't be taking this long...

After I got 6 complexity, the game told me that I might want to reset my progress since I can't go to floor 4 yet; it basically recommended it so that I could get a "faster rate of ongoing xp" but I really don't know if that will help. Are the rewards really so scant? Is the xp really this little? How are two nonmembers in the top 5, then, and how is anybody supposed to amass enough tokens (at my rate) to get the good F2P rewards? I feel really dumb right now. :P It might be because I've ONLY solo'd and have never done this as a group, or it might be because I keep doing the "free-for-all" queue.

~I Am A Bahai~

.:100% F2P for life:.

I_Am_A_Bahai.png

Har-Har, you gonna have tdo it the hard way like I did ;)

By hard way, do you mean just to make air runes going to air altar without any other tools or assist. Many of us were doing that before 2007, so its not big of a deal.

On the bright side, every other F2P is going to have same problem with this new skill. I am sure once someone else figure out whats the maximum xp per hour possible for F2P, then we will know what the general fate is.

We haven't have any challenge in awhile, everyone pretty much figure out how to get each lvl 99 with most efficient way now. This skill just set our milestone higher, (grinds a lot more).

Granted, RC and Prayer still hard, but with 11 people max out F2P already, its just proves everything is possible.

F2P is suppose to be HARDER overall. At least this skill will keep other occupied for a while.

I planned to have one skill 200mil xp after I maxed all lvl 99, but it seems the new skill will take the priority on that one. At this rate, I am not going to train many hours per day to get lvl 99, I will just partition them slowly so it won't really matter if it takes me 10 years to finish it.

Think of it this way, instead of paying your car insurance in a lump sum of 1500 dollars, which is quite daunting, but you can choose to pay it monthly 125 bucks. Before all those updates came out, I originally plan to camp at the place where tons of goblins are, and just kill them to bury bones until lvl 99. It just takes longer, don't try to do all in short time, you will get burned out.

a happy Runescaper

Yeah, this skill is starting to annoy me because I'm positive I'm not doing something right. I've probably dungeoneered for a total of 4+ hours and I only have 6 dungeoneering and like 25 tokens. It usually takes me at least half an hour to do a solo raid (that might just be because I'm only lvl 64 and need to rely on magic, essence gathering/crafting, therefore more time-consuming) but it really shouldn't be taking this long...

After I got 6 complexity, the game told me that I might want to reset my progress since I can't go to floor 4 yet; it basically recommended it so that I could get a "faster rate of ongoing xp" but I really don't know if that will help. Are the rewards really so scant? Is the xp really this little? How are two nonmembers in the top 5, then, and how is anybody supposed to amass enough tokens (at my rate) to get the good F2P rewards? I feel really dumb right now. :P It might be because I've ONLY solo'd and have never done this as a group, or it might be because I keep doing the "free-for-all" queue.

Playing with a team is definately benificial, it lets others pick up on your weak points, and you can assist them in their faults.

Prestiging is also useful for when you can't access higher level floors. It makes all the floors you've currently completed act like it's the first time you've done them, but keeping the higher XP rates of the deeper floors. So for example if you complete the first 4 floors and prestige then the next time you do floor 1 (and only the first time for that prestige) the XP you recieve will be higher as you will be averaging floor 1's floor XP and Floor 4's prestige XP for the calculations.

By around Floors 15 i'm getting well over 200 tokens per run, and it seems to be getting larger too (maybe i'll be hitting that ftp XP cap soon.)

1yrb49.jpg

is there a guide for dungeoneering for f2p? or can someone post link to any guide at all for this new skill?

what are some tips and advice for f2p people that just starting dungeoneer?

I don't think there's a guide yet, at least not one that I know of. I suggest soloing for the first couple of floors until you get acquainted to the way it works. When working with a team I advise to not have a large dungeon size unless you're doing a speed run. You do not get enough of an xp bonus for all of the extra time it will take (I had a large dungeon that had 52 rooms, and we didn't even unlock every door). However I digress, these are tendencies that work for me, and I don't know what the best xp rate is since the skill just came out.

Also, when you get to the point where you have to repeat floors because you haven't unlocked the next one yet, reset prestige and start floors over so you can get a steady score in that.

All I can say is... That [cabbage] is crazy.

It was weird, though, because floors 10, 11, and 12 were really hard for me and 4 other people... But then I joined a party with 2 others on 2-person-dungeon and medium size and we were able to clear 3 whole levels.

Played 5 hours straight today, omfg. :mad:

zBSYE.png

^ Blog.

Zh0c4.gif

All I can say is... That [cabbage] is crazy.

It was weird, though, because floors 10, 11, and 12 were really hard for me and 4 other people... But then I joined a party with 2 others on 2-person-dungeon and medium size and we were able to clear 3 whole levels.

Played 5 hours straight today, omfg. :mad:

Yeah, I played for about 5 hours myself trying to figure out how it works. Actually, I was experimenting with RCing. Someone might have mentioned it before. I tried go through a regular dungeon by myself, collect everything I can see that worth value of anything, and sell it all (pretty much follow what other guys said on the forum)

I find making fire runes has an ok xp, and better resell value. because I can make more of it, so its better than making deaths and sell those.

104k drop would means I could recycle my cash and fire runes over and over again. Roughly around 5.5k RC xp right there

Downside is, takes long time to collect those items and put them on table, and also, it will make ur dungeoneering speed even slower.

out of 5 hours, I only gained like 5 lvls, (mostly due to Rcing away)

a happy Runescaper

@ about the clan chat thing: I'm only available during weekends and Friday afternoons, so sorry if I can't join you these days. :(

But yeah, let's all go W7 dungeon raiding as a party in my chat, if you are available of course.

Dungeoneering is by far the most fun skill, btw. :D

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

for exp wise, i think it would be better of with max ppl with large size floor where that floor you havent completed before for once, then small size until next floor and repeat the process.

consider reset to get prestige and higher overall point when reach 40 lvl.

Since its the start of the thread, I'll just give my opinion.

I've been F2P and P2P and I think while F2P has a lot for being free, I do think it should be updated once in a while. Like a thread in the Debate forums, giving F2P a low-leveled P2P boss like the Mole or KBD isn't a bad idea. It won't hurt P2P'ers, only benefit F2P'ers. Giving F2P higher bows than willow (or was it maple?) would be nice too, as well as the ability to let F2P craft chaos runes and cast some higher spells.

Those who think this will degrade members, you're wrong. F2P won't be getting the hundred or so Member's quest, nor their skills, their leveling abilities, nor items. Just a few things to give F2P once P2P outdates them. KGD is not a very-used boss I'm sure, so what's the harm in giving that to F2P?

Basically, give Member's leftovers to F2P as P2P gains more stuff.

EDIT* Ahh, this reminds me of when TIF had P2P and F2P General forums...anybody remember that? :lol:

I'm a bit late for this post however, I DO, I DO!

I suppose I should I post something at least relative to the topic. If any of you are considering members I'll tell you right up, once you subscribe once, you're a subscriber for life, in my case at least. Once your subsciption runs out it'll be hard to empty out your bank to play f2p again. I also find it painfully boring wandering around the same landscape i'ved traversed for the past 7 years now. It's almost like I starve for new content every time I log on F2p, I just can't handle it anymore.

To all your F2pers out there, enjoy it guys, I spent a very very long time crossing that landscape, met many good people and had many MANY good times there.

made0f12une.png

^^ClicK^^

"I backed my car into a cop car the other day

Well he just drove off sometimes life's ok

Alright already we'll all float on

Alright don't worry we'll all float on" - Isaac Brock

Days Hunting:4 - Kingly Imps Caught:2

Money Earned: 4.5-5m

I got to lvl 35? last night. I reset my prestige because I didn't know what it was about yesterday. Its been interesting redoing everything.

I've been mostly soloing. I think the XP is faster if you have a partner who knows what the heck they're doing, and you're able to do a medium sized dungeon.

The gravestone teleport is actually pretty useful... I like to drop one in the very start, and when I reach the end of a thread, tele back.

The optimum strategy for gaining dung xp and rc xp might be a group of 3 or 5 - 2 teams split up and complete as much as they can, with one RC junky that only crafts deaths. You share the XP...

99 dungeoneering achieved, thanks to everyone that celebrated with me!

♪♪ Don't interrupt me as I struggle to complete this thought
Have some respect for someone more forgetful than yourself ♪♪

♪♪ And I'm not done
And I won't be till my head falls off ♪♪

Wait, but I thought a recent update meant that rune prices are reduced when you sell them to shops.

Does this apply to all runes or just airs?

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

The gravestone teleport is actually pretty useful... I like to drop one in the very start, and when I reach the end of a thread, tele back.

Just use the dungeon home teleport to get back to the start. I like to use the other teleport for when I end up far away and run into a room that I don't have the key for.

haha, would you believe this, i thought jagex almost never rollback unless very serious case, look like this is it.

not sure how to produce the bug

edit: already near 2 hour of downtime

oh ya, i forget to say why all this happen

System Update...

This update should fix some of the crashes players have been experiencing in Standard Detail mode.

We’ve also made the dragon bones from Dungeoneering f2p items so that’s a nice little bonus.

There are several other minor fixes and tweaks to Dungeoneering including a change to the experience obtained from Runecrafting and also the orb of oculus is no longer destroyed every time you leave a dungeon.

Thanks,

Mod Nexus.

Mod Lake

Hi guys,

There has been an unscheduled period of maintenance in order to fix an issue with experience gain. Due to this, there will also be a rollback of about 30 minutes. We appreciate your patience in this matter.

This also means that all players in game will have been unexpectedly disconnected.

Temporary Server Shutdown/Rollback

A recent update for the Dungeoneering skill has generated a bug that causes significant increases in how much XP players were gaining. As a result, we shall temporarily be closing down the servers until this issue can be resolved.

When the servers come back up (with this bug fixed), we shall also be rolling back everyone’s entire save game state to the point before this bug was introduced (which should be no more than about 30 minutes’ worth).

We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause.

-

The High Scores tables have been rolled back to 1am GMT. This only effects the high scores temporarily. As soon as people log back in, the accurate figures (from 17:24 GMT) will be displayed.

-

Mod Nexus - Edit:

There will definitely be a rollback to just before the servers rebooted with the latest update approx 17.23 BST. This will take a while as there's a lot of data to copy from our storage system to the login servers.

I'll keep you informed on this thread.

I'm not sure about what the rest of you think, but if they are honestly going to keep this exp nerf to 90+ f2p people, I'd very much like to see the nerf extent to all of f2p. Having an abstract and obscure point where exp is halfed is just ridiculous, insulting, unfair and illogical. High levels should be beneficial toward leveling speed, not a serious handicap.

greenmelf.png

EPIC FAIL JAGEX.

And it's not every day that I sound like a geek while being serious.

I'm not one to complain about all of their updates...well, now that everythings about hittin 99s in a week, I am but...

Isn't the reason this skill was delayed so long was so this WOULDN'T turn out to be a complete flop? Isn't this what the extra months of waiting were for?

Also, I logged in on the site, and I can't make threads or comment...I need to either be a member or a "qualifying free player" (5M total xp or 1k Total Level)...-Checks my hiscores: 56M total xp-...-does complicated math problems-...Ok, so 56m > 5M...-More complicated math- Since 56M > 5M, and 5M is the requirement, I should be able to access forums...

The funniest part is that some people got extra xp from this bug...Yet they have bonus xp weekends...Are there even employees at Jagex or is it a day care center with kids playing on the computer? How stupid are you that you'll give bonus 2.5x xp but you'll roll back the game for a little extra xp...Honestly, I don't know what else to say but to continue emphasizing how ridiculously idiotic they are...

I have a decent amount of hw (AP Chem, anyone?), so it's not like I should be playing, but...still, I wanna play...and it's not like I even get what nucleons are in relation to mass defect and binding energy...

Cpchris.png

Cpchris.png

Cpchris.png

OMGGRATZJAGEXICANPOSTONFORUMS

sry for trolling. Still not over the jagex-is-stupid thing yet...

Oh i see 50k+ people have started playing since I last checked 10 mins ago....Lets see if I can get in...yeahhhh....

Still, stupid. Just sayin.

Cpchris.png

Cpchris.png

Cpchris.png

The funniest part is that some people got extra xp from this bug...Yet they have bonus xp weekends...Are there even employees at Jagex or is it a day care center with kids playing on the computer? How stupid are you that you'll give bonus 2.5x xp but you'll roll back the game for a little extra xp...Honestly, I don't know what else to say but to continue emphasizing how ridiculously idiotic they are...

You don't think getting 99 runecrafting in less than an hour is problematic? You somehow think that compares to 2.5x xp?

OMGGRATZJAGEXICANPOSTONFORUMS

sry for trolling. Still not over the jagex-is-stupid thing yet...

Oh i see 50k+ people have started playing since I last checked 10 mins ago....Lets see if I can get in...yeahhhh....

Still, stupid. Just sayin.

I thought they did a roll back? Problem solved for the most part. When RC xp is getting out of proportion, I am sure Jagex will step in and do something about it. That's why I usually don't jump in with the crowd when something is released into the public. Some bugs bound to happen, and it will slowly being uncovered and fixed as it go along. I was raiding one dungeon yesterday when the Java client restart for no reason. Didn't feel like total loss but still kind of sucks working through half way and have all the work reset for the most part.

But I do agree, its a good skill to train RC, but its a slow skill by its own accord. I guess F2P just have to prepare for the long haul.

a happy Runescaper