The F2P General Discussion Thread

lionesshunt

@cutiefairy92 At this time we haven't decided when the next Bonus XP weekend will be but we are working on it. Ajd

And I was told that it was confirmed the next one is f2p...Am I the only one who completely opposes this with passion? Everyone seems to either like them or feel indifferent.

I don't like that my time and effort is just being tossed away. I know I'm not as accomplished as others, and that I've done a majority of my training in the past 2 years (which I also don't like knowing its been easier), but can they stop with making the game easier all the time? What the [bleep] is the problem with that?

I know not everyone wants them, and there are "downsides" to it, but why can't we get skillcapes? I don't train for em, but I sure would like them. So now instead of showing my hard work, my hard work gets taken away. One reason I liked this game was because of the challenge and being able to show hard work. Now it's just like real life. [bleep] stuff.

Cpchris.png

Cpchris.png

Cpchris.png

So, my little 'vacation' into P2P is over, had a great time but it's nice to be back. So I got 71 mining from a quest and haven't mined in over 2 years (I hate it....a LOT). Since I keep all my stats even 5's and 10's I'm gonna get 75 mining. Does anyone have any ideas of good methods? As of right now I'm mining iron ore (and silver when it spawns) south of Varrock and banking it. It's great money but slow exp. I could power mine but dropping makes me mad. So does anyone have any super secret mining tips for a mining newb like me?

Also, I'm 87 crafting and gonna get 90. I'm planning on cutting emeralds for exp but of course, manipulation clans hit emerald rings and that spiraled down

Emerald ring > cut emerald > uncut emerald > all other uncuts > all other gems :wall: I guess I'll be waiting a month before prices become at least bareable...

Coal carting as the other have mentioned, is usually great for xp, you simply bring higher ores to a field full of coal and additional ores, and make bars. Its just more efficient of getting 4K plus xp per trip instead of banking them every single time.

Xp wise, I found cabbage teleport plus the shipyard booth is a great combo for mining gold and silver at craft guild, since you mostly one hit gold and silver, its faster to get one inventory to bank it at booth, and run back.

Another great place to superheat ores is swamp or edgeville dungeon, but I like Edge better because less people mine there. You can also superheat steel bars too.

Mining iron and banking them with booth and Remmington is also a good idea for quick xp, just make sure you pick an empty world.

Lastly, I think wildy lvl 9 coal mine is a great place to mine since no one ever goes there, just watch out for revs that patrol around sometimes. (Coal carting method)

As for craft, I think most of them actually give you profit now. Back then it was a total cash drainer as people buy tons of hard leather and make into hard leather body. I just buy tons of gold bars and make them into amulets. Its not a lot of money, but hey, at least I can get constant xp. Gems and rings and those combo ones takes too long in my opinion since it takes a while to buy a lot of them at a time. With bigger cost of raw materials, you always have to watch out for price fluctuation caused by the merchant clans.

a happy Runescaper

@Anonymouse - Thanks for that, I have thought of doing just that except I'm in it pretty much exclusivly for the mining exp. Because I like to keep my levels even 5's and 10's if I did get a smithing level from superheating then I'd feel compelled to get the next 4. And at 85 smithing, levels cost a whole lot of GP (or take months).

@Cpchris - Sometimes you can really take advantage of manipulation clans, but if you're stuck with the items after the dump... :thumbdown: . that's something I've experienced and it's not pleasant. I lost about 8% of my investment so I've avoided piggy-backing on manipulation clans since. Looking at the charts I'd say a dump is looming. I'd beware.

@Central_Keeper - Thanks for that, I hadn't thought about making jewelery but now that I think about it it seems like a good idea, thanks.

This mining and banking is getting pretty annoying because every time I head off to the bank, some level 50 newb comes and mines the iron. When I start mining again they swear at me and say I'm a spot stealer....I think I'm gonna move to Rimington and just sell the ore to the Gen Store. I did it with yews even though they were 450 ea so I guess 275 gp iron isn't a big deal compared to that. I am making pretty decent GP on my flipping anyway.

@Anonymouse - Thanks for that, I have thought of doing just that except I'm in it pretty much exclusivly for the mining exp. Because I like to keep my levels even 5's and 10's if I did get a smithing level from superheating then I'd feel compelled to get the next 4. And at 85 smithing, levels cost a whole lot of GP (or take months).

@Cpchris - Sometimes you can really take advantage of manipulation clans, but if you're stuck with the items after the dump... :thumbdown: . that's something I've experienced and it's not pleasant. I lost about 8% of my investment so I've avoided piggy-backing on manipulation clans since. Looking at the charts I'd say a dump is looming. I'd beware.

This mining and banking is getting pretty annoying because every time I head off to the bank, some level 50 newb comes and mines the iron. When I start mining again they swear at me and say I'm a spot stealer....I think I'm gonna move to Rimington and just sell the ore to the Gen Store. I did it with yews even though they were 450 ea so I guess 275 gp iron isn't a big deal compared to that. I am making pretty decent GP on my flipping anyway.

Well, they do add up, and those extra 35 seconds could give you quite a lovable sum in the long run. Iron spots are ok at Remmy since you have 2 ores sites, and you can always move back and forth with those one.

The best way is just to time yourself and see which one is more efficient, I like craft guild more because less people mine there for the silver. If you cabbage teleport back and bank and run back at top speed, it should be less than 45 seconds.

Gems wise, just buy gold bars and make those emerald rings or gold amulets, or whatever gem combo. Craft the gold amulet when you waiting for gems to fill up in GE, when they are done, immediately do gem combo as first priority and sell them before price fluctuates again. Again there is trade off doing both options, so try both out to see which one is better, or just do both depend on times.

As for those people, well its a fair game, you either stick long around enough to bump and force someone off the spot, or change world. I am kind of adamant toward those people who complains when someone is there training with them. It would be ok if they ask nicely, but most of the time, they are just being rude. Which is ok, because by tomorrow, you probably can't even remember their name anymore.

a happy Runescaper

@Central_Keeper - Thanks for that, I hadn't thought about making jewelery but now that I think about it it seems like a good idea, thanks.

Yes, I too saw the dump a'loomin...(<-sry for that)...I spent about 10-20 minutes today deciding whether or not to buy another batch of uncut emeralds to make into rings and sell tomorrow...later today i guess...I ended up deciding to use almost all of my cash (which is only around 14.5m) to buy supplies for rings...hopefully they go up tomorrow and still sell at max =\ should they begin crashing, i won't be happy, but I can't say I didn't see it coming...either way, the chance of me continuing after this batch is quite low...

Cpchris.png

Cpchris.png

Cpchris.png

Instead of being all nice and that, steal back the spot that they have taken.

The Rimmington iron ore spot has 4 rocks close to each other and 2 rocks slightly further, that should be enough for 2 people to share and compete with.

Oh and NEVER sell stuff to general stores. Banking is completely worth it.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

Can anyone confirm if you can get two Masks of Dragith Nurn? I like to have placeholders in my bank and don't really trust RS Wiki on this one.

Yeaah i got 2 on the demo rofl. It takes the Piss badly, you have to leave the mask drop on the floor then kill em fast hoping you get another, then pick em all up, i almost got 3, was only missing part 4, and that was on the demo, so i suppose with 70/70/70 you could get 4 at a push ^_^

guh! Once more I'm tempted to keep crafting while the money's good...I made another 1.1m in less than 2.5 hours yesterday of crafting...the rings sold instantly at max this am, so it kind of seems like its not crashing...but i'm still quite scared of losing money if I spend it all on crafting supplies and it crashes tomorrow...looking at the charts, this current climb of emerald item prices is the highest/longest so far...doesn't necessarily say anything about this time, but...it would take about a month i guess if they crashed to be able to sell them for a profit again...

Cpchris.png

Cpchris.png

Cpchris.png

I'm kind of disappointed but also happy that the next double exp weekend will be F2P.

I might participate in it, I'm not sure. I might constantly store 30k big bones in the bank to bury when it happens, I don't know.

It would save me 16m last time I checked and 10 hours of playing.

Animorph_2.png

@cutiefairy92 At this time we haven't decided when the next Bonus XP weekend will be but we are working on it. Ajd

And I was told that it was confirmed the next one is f2p...Am I the only one who completely opposes this with passion? Everyone seems to either like them or feel indifferent.

I don't like that my time and effort is just being tossed away. I know I'm not as accomplished as others, and that I've done a majority of my training in the past 2 years (which I also don't like knowing its been easier), but can they stop with making the game easier all the time? What the [bleep] is the problem with that?

I know not everyone wants them, and there are "downsides" to it, but why can't we get skillcapes? I don't train for em, but I sure would like them. So now instead of showing my hard work, my hard work gets taken away. One reason I liked this game was because of the challenge and being able to show hard work. Now it's just like real life. [bleep] stuff.

You aren't alone in that. I came back from a year long break to find the hp/lp update and that I had missed the extra exp weekend by a day. At first, I was pissed, it was a chance for me to finally get around to those goals I set a while back. But thinking back, I began to realize that i have certain bragging rights so to speak for being 100% F2P :ugeek: , and that using the exp weekend would just have messed with that, I'm proud that I've gotten as far as I have without any shortcuts. =D>

On the other hand, it seems to me that I'm one of the very few people that considder this a game or leisure anymore. I set goals, but it's not as if I wont be happy til I achieve them, mostly I goof around, play the minigames etc. I train when I do poorly and want to do better, not because I want a rank or anything like that. So from that point of view, would I want the bonus exp weekend? Hellz yea! :thumbsup: because it would make having fun that much easier.

mbtz.jpg

Do keep a level head my friend,

in times when Danger rears its head

Against excessive joy defend,

O, my comrade doomed to die.

Arigorn_380.png

ἢ τὰν ἢ ἐπὶ τὰς

On the other hand, it seems to me that I'm one of the very few people that considder this a game or leisure anymore. I set goals, but it's not as if I wont be happy til I achieve them, mostly I goof around, play the minigames etc. I train when I do poorly and want to do better, not because I want a rank or anything like that. So from that point of view, would I want the bonus exp weekend? Hellz yea! :thumbsup: because it would make having fun that much easier.

Just so you know there hasn't been a F2P double exp weekend yet ;)

I set goals as well, but I'm happy with my account as it is and I don't really care if I'm unable to reach them however, I usually do just because I'm the type of person that wants to continually improve/get better/reach what I strive for :)

I would only want the double exp weekend so getting 90 prayer would be 16m cheaper :D Also, 90+ looks amazing right?

For some, it's faster exp to be able to do the things they want to be able to do = more fun.

Animorph_2.png

Very true, and thanks for that memo... now I'm not quite so disappointed. And on the topic of prayer, if you look at my sig, one of my goals is 70 prayer which i found out costs 21-26 mil going from 49. What I really need is a good source of money. Any ideas? I dont like the jewelry thing mostly because I dont like the fluctuation of the market. I tried steel bars and that was nice I was turning a 200k profit per 1k of bars, but that seems incredibly tedious.

mbtz.jpg

Do keep a level head my friend,

in times when Danger rears its head

Against excessive joy defend,

O, my comrade doomed to die.

Arigorn_380.png

ἢ τὰν ἢ ἐπὶ τὰς

Very true, and thanks for that memo... now I'm not quite so disappointed. And on the topic of prayer, if you look at my sig, one of my goals is 70 prayer which i found out costs 21-26 mil going from 49. What I really need is a good source of money. Any ideas? I dont like the jewelry thing mostly because I dont like the fluctuation of the market. I tried steel bars and that was nice I was turning a 200k profit per 1k of bars, but that seems incredibly tedious.

Mine runite ores if you can, if not, limpwurt root is a good idea. I was able to gather 200k worth of limproot in an hour when I train beside craft guild. The trick is not to pick up anything at all except limproots and possible stack-able runes. I did bury all the bones, again, its up to you if you want the prayer xp. Mining iron ore and bank them also gives you the cash since they are easy to mine and bank, should be 150k plus per hour for you without much issue. Of course all those number just pure estimate and depend on the current price on items.

Making gems item with money u get also give you good profit so is making gold amulet, give you about 130k or more per hour

a happy Runescaper

Where'd you hear about this? :-s

Edit: Oh, it's from a post on the previous page...

Then @Cpchris: Can you post a link that confirms a F2P bonus exp. weekend?

Like I said, I was only told it was f2p...and hoping it's not true...

I will never understand most people who want these bonus xp weekends...People say it's "more fun"...how exactly? It's no different than before, other than getting more xp...? I guess it's, yet another, stupid human mindset of "bigger is better"...I feel like I'm one of the only people in rs who DOESN'T want this game to lose it's challenge...I'm surprised people are even playing still, rather than just waiting until Jagex starts handing out 99s for free...BUT ONLY 1 99/WEEK, CUZ OTHERWISE IT WOULDN'T BE FAIR AND WOULD BE 2 EZ.

Cpchris.png

Cpchris.png

Cpchris.png

Mine runite ores if you can, if not, limpwurt root is a good idea. I was able to gather 200k worth of limproot in an hour when I train beside craft guild. The trick is not to pick up anything at all except limproots and possible stack-able runes. I did bury all the bones, again, its up to you if you want the prayer xp.

For a week I was exclusively BHing.

I would mine adamantite in the hobgoblin mine, then kill hobgoblins until I had 2-3 limps. I could do this 3-5 times before getting a target.

I'm about 70% successful in killing targets, and about 60% successful in killing non-targets.

I clocked the rewards to be about 400k-600k an hour... the key is that you can't die. You also use up resources (dying/food/potions) at a rate of 100-200k / hour.

99 dungeoneering achieved, thanks to everyone that celebrated with me!

♪♪ Don't interrupt me as I struggle to complete this thought
Have some respect for someone more forgetful than yourself ♪♪

♪♪ And I'm not done
And I won't be till my head falls off ♪♪

Mine runite ores if you can, if not, limpwurt root is a good idea. I was able to gather 200k worth of limproot in an hour when I train beside craft guild. The trick is not to pick up anything at all except limproots and possible stack-able runes. I did bury all the bones, again, its up to you if you want the prayer xp.

I would mine adamantite in the hobgoblin mine, then kill hobgoblins until I had 2-3 limps. I could do this 3-5 times before getting a target.

I'm about 70% successful in killing targets, and about 60% successful in killing non-targets.

I clocked the rewards to be about 400k-600k an hour... the key is that you can't die. You also use up resources (dying/food/potions) at a rate of 100-200k / hour.

The only downside doing that in wildy, is rev would come by fairly often. With the hobgoblins method, I think I can get 300k gp constant without anything except range amours and a rune scimi (and like eat something when your hp drops a bit low).

a happy Runescaper

I will never understand most people who want these bonus xp weekends...People say it's "more fun"...how exactly? It's no different than before, other than getting more xp...? I guess it's, yet another, stupid human mindset of "bigger is better"...I feel like I'm one of the only people in rs who DOESN'T want this game to lose it's challenge...I'm surprised people are even playing still, rather than just waiting until Jagex starts handing out 99s for free...BUT ONLY 1 99/WEEK, CUZ OTHERWISE IT WOULDN'T BE FAIR AND WOULD BE 2 EZ.

Truth be told, that mentality couldn't work most of the time. I know I always making statement such as back in the old days, now I feel like an old grandpa recollecting the memory lanes. For the most part, you can take the advantage of those temporary interesting event and try to enjoy it, or don't train anything if it does come out until the whole event finishes.

I do feel the same that the game does get easier over the years, and it creates some negative balance between players. (Example would be getting your cook 99 pre and post cook x and ge update) But still, you got to move on with the time, and play as what you go for in the first place, to enjoy it.

PS: if we shift the training style back to like 2001, I am sure a lot of players would probably start a riot. lol. I don't know if any of you remember the old style training which incorporate tons of walking, banking, and standing near banks shouting for hours on end......

I once told another player making 10k ammies (4k mage, 3k def, 2k str, and 1k power) was really hard, and he dismiss it being silly since its so easy to make it now.

So I made the note of mentioning, what if you have to mine the gold ores, smelt it, and get the uncut gems yourself (purely from random event, monster killing, buying from general store and etc, and getting the cosmic runes yourself, not to mention shearing and spinning 10k wool (I used to wish I can fire blast those sheep when they run away)? He was a lot quieter after that for sure.

a happy Runescaper

The only downside doing that in wildy, is rev would come by fairly often. With the hobgoblins method, I think I can get 300k gp constant without anything except range amours and a rune scimi (and like eat something when your hp drops a bit low).

There are no revs in bounty hunter worlds.

[404] Signature not found.

There are no revs in bounty hunter worlds.

Or PvP worlds in general, if I'm not mistaken.

~I Am A Bahai~

.:100% F2P for life:.

I_Am_A_Bahai.png

I agree with you, the xp weekends are just a way to make runescape easier and less challenging for me.

I agree with you, the xp weekends are just a way to make runescape easier and less challenging for me.

You can choose not to participate for the duration of the event.

That being said, you can make prayer extremely difficult by getting the bones yourself to prayer 99. Or mine all the rune essence yourself to reach rc lvl 99, and air walk them without assist or tokens or tablets. (Plus side is you will end up with ALOT of cash)

There are many ways to skin a cat, but in the end, you get a skinless cat, its just depend on how long it takes you.

I just think adapt to things as time changes, you can always stick to old style training if you want to.

Eg. I am making gold amulet now to get craft 99 (instead of waste tons of cash on cow hides), but plan to fish raw lobs (bank them) for lvl 99 fishing, and walking airs to get lvl 99 rc, and using those cash for lvl 99 prayer. It's slow, but hey, at least I can drag the game out longer.

a happy Runescaper