The F2P General Discussion Thread

lionesshunt

what i mean is that if you forget to take 30gp or fishing tools from bank, you can just go get some raw material from the food shop and sell it to get some money rather then going back to bank to withdraw.

But doesn't that take longer than getting the 30gp? Or are there raw resources nearby?

And I'm looking forward to a F2P bonus exp weekend.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

I noticed that swordfish dropped in price, from 500 ea to 489. I wonder if the time savings contributed to an increase in supply?

Glad to see the price isn't stuck anymore.

99 dungeoneering achieved, thanks to everyone that celebrated with me!

♪♪ Don't interrupt me as I struggle to complete this thought
Have some respect for someone more forgetful than yourself ♪♪

♪♪ And I'm not done
And I won't be till my head falls off ♪♪

another dyk, if you forget to take 30gp or even harpoon and lobster pot from bank, you can just take the white apron from the fishing shop to get into the inner door of the food shop to get some raw material to sell.

even once got some low lvl guys say how i go in there or shout thief !!! HAHA

?

what i mean is that if you forget to take 30gp or fishing tools from bank, you can just go get some raw material from the food shop and sell it to get some money rather then going back to bank to withdraw.

It'd just be 98% of f2pers burying big bones :blink:

or camping at some form of giants

but it would be beneficial i guess.

Jamje.png

null and void

End up with 2k gp from selling those statues...

mask.png

Refuse to take off my members stuff. Had to take off armor though, and accidentally took off glory :thumbdown: Oh well. Mask is kinda lame....

Unfinished netherrack symbol of Khorne.

Never forget. ~creeper face w/single tear~

DO YOU HEAR THE VOICES TOO?!?!

argh.... it is confirmed 5m exp forum access. 5m exp is so easy to attain.

good quest overall. nice cool looking weapon and mask. however i was expecting something better

good source of prayer atm, and nice way to up combat (glitch? spoiler, hint boss)

and finally we have new highest combat bonus, which is +1 !!! YAHOOooo.... eh +1 only? LOL but oh well, better then nothing

however i still need to "thank" them for increasing my def to 46 lvl from that 100 XP, WTF!!!

argh.... it is confirmed 5m exp forum access. 5m exp is so easy to attain.

I'll say this again -

5m experience is more difficult to attain than to whine, kick, scream, and beg your parents for 15 minutes to get them to subscribe.

♪♪ And I'm not done

Very short quest. The max f2p qp is 43 now, right? Just trying to make sure I didn't miss one. Also, the drops are not bad for low-leveled monsters I suppose.

I was hoping the next F2p quest I saw would be related to the new skill, but meh, it's good for new players.

If I was first introduced to the game, this update would definitely helpful to me both experience wise and item wise. I got good number of amulets and necklaces from monsters, not to mention runes, and even talismans (and those thing are expensive, I got 3 water in like 5 minutes, that's like 30k worth as long they sell at GE). I really like the story line too.

I guess from member point of view, it doesn't seem that much to them, well, more so for the helm. I was expecting they would grant them something special, but you never know what it might does in the future. Still, its really funny if you look at the other thread and they are getting out of control by discussing this topic. While we just sit here and enjoy the whole thing.

In the past, whenever an update comes out, they always get praised or beat down by different opinions, but I think its someone's hard work and a good finish product, so I always try to enjoy it as much as I can. I guess other things we can also look forward to would be the new skill coming this year. Then again, F2P is all good by itself, anything we get extra is always welcome, but definitely not the end of the world if we don't get anything for the next ten years to come.

a happy Runescaper

Anyone else noticed this with the mask?

33kw6ev.png

Oh, and I got all 6 statuettes with a nice sum of 2.5k.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

They said it was an update for beginning players; I'd have to say I agree with it.

The new staff also shows how pitiful F2P magic is - it gives a magic bonus of +4 atk / def, the best staff you can use is either the talisman staff or the magic staff (depending on the magic defense you want), which are +5 / 10 atk respectively, +15/10 def respectively.

40% of the best item's stats versus ~25% for the sword, or ~30% for the bow.

♪♪ And I'm not done

Personally, I'd prefer these bonus weekends DON'T come to f2p, but that's just me...Jagex is continuously making the game easier, and it's only a matter of time before the biggest challenge of maxxing out will be creating an account...And the only thing the "older" players will be able to do is say "Well, I did this when it was more of a challenge..." ("Challenge" being used somewhat freely here). If anything, just make p2p easier ^-^

==========

Despite my opposition to the bonus weekend, I did manage to take advantage of it (not just by getting water tallies for some extra cash), but also by getting a membership :o! Not on this account though, of course...I got it on a noob account, which I had intentions of getting a membership on anyways...But my parents wouldn't just let me get a Membership (I'm not even supposed to be playing rs...they think it caused the viruses, even tho it was hypercam ;) )...But I worked it out...

Earlier last week, my mom made me make an appt with the vet to get my guinea pigs' nails cut (they desperately needed a trim, and my mom couldn't clip some of them), so I made one for this past Friday for 9:30 since I had school off that day...On the way home I asked my mom to drop me off at Target to check something, and that I'd walk home (only a mile/mile and a quarter walk), so she let me...and when I got home a little before noon, I put in my membership :)

==========

ATM, I'm working on 99 fletching, but only 67...I also got 35 agility to do the Horror from the Deep quest (Just for the unholy book for an outfit ;))...also got 20 thieving, 3 herb, 40 craft which was a lot faster when cutting gems from level 1 :D and did the Priest in Peril quest to gain access to Canifis, once again, for outfits ;)...I ultimately want a trimmed cook cape, but that won't be for a bit, since I'm also only 78 cook...

I'm also doing a measly 50k fm xp a day on this account just so I'm making daily progress on it and not completely devoting my membership time to a not-main acc :3

==========

I thought the f2p quest was meh...I won't complain, and already knew it wouldn't be high level since Jagex said so...But a new quest after many years is still somewhat exciting...The mask is kind of meh...still keeping it in bank thought :) I did like the new staff, too, and am also keeping that banked...

I also found it funny that they brought up necromancy, almost as if to toy with all those people who claim it's the new skill :D

Was also kind of hoping there would be a little something more exciting with the Demon statues or statuettes or w/e, instead of just 2.5k >.> but I guess being a noob quest, I couldn't expect much...

==========

As for making more updates to help new players...well, meh...I mean, I was fine when I started off rs...and making progress from having/being able to do nothing made it even more fun...now they're giving them a starter quest and access to a place that drops tallies worth 5k-10k after just a little bit of training...

The whole enabling thing, which I also don't really like how it is irl, is just getting kind of annoying...Look at how many people got far in the game before...Is there a need to hold newbies' hands forever?

==========

It'd be interesting to see if the helm has some further use that isn't available now...although, I doubt it will have any exciting use as it's meant as a reward for 300qp...but who knows...

And we'll also have to wait for September to see if anything comes out of Shattered Hearts and the POH pieces you recieve for completing the statue...

And then there's the new wilderness area :o (The new land they said would come out to f2pers in relation to the new skill? Still dunno if that'd be it tho...)

well, sorry for posting so much (useless stuff), I'll just keep fletching now...did make it go by a bit faster ;)

Cpchris.png

Cpchris.png

Cpchris.png

The quest is short but still pretty nice to do. And 3 awsome looking zamorakian weapons extra!

The big plus is in the drops. They fully support the new player in her first hour/week. Runes and arrows where always hard to get when you just began. The statuettes + mask parts keeps you going for an hour. The top drops i found in the dungeon: staff of air and amulet of magic.

Only one thing...the cool weapons and mask are not very usefull for expirienced players. Do we finally have new cool weapons, are they useless if you are above level 10 in any combat skill. I feel a bit ashamed to drop them. Jagex putted some much effort in it and now i don't use them.

If they gave the staff 5% strength bonus, low levels don't notice it. Only if you can cast fire blast (16) the 5% magic strength really adds up. 16 x 1.05 = 16.8 => 17! Low levels happy and high levels happy! If i can, i try to contact a jmod about that small suggestion.

greedy44.png

323h.png

Lovin' the tiny staff glitch. :-#

32322.png

If you're gonna play hide-and-seek, at least try not to suck at it.

Thanks, Jagex, for the F2P update. While it was geared towards the newer players (as expected), it was refreshing to do, nonetheless, considering we haven't had a non-holiday-related quest in about 7 years [source].

:thumbup:

zBSYE.png

^ Blog.

Zh0c4.gif

I love to kill corpse mages. I got 3 air staffs, 3 earth tallys, and a water tally in ~1 hour. :D

Oh, and should I use the new mask for ranging over the coif? The stats do seem really close.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog