The F2P General Discussion Thread

lionesshunt

Oh well, I'm gonna go ahead and say the AVERAGE player should have "all" 163 songs unlocked (in other words, my list).

If you weren't there for holiday quests, then you just lost an opportunity for 4 tracks (?) which explains the 159 songs.

And if you played from a very long time ago, you can get anywhere between 164-171 tracks.

I think the discussion with music tracks can end now. :unsure:

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

So, er, what do you do when you become a member? I would start in buying a house or start a p2p novice quest.

La Vallett1

A.k.a. "Nostalgic Vallett"

What's been said must be done.

So, er, what do you do when you become a member? I would start in buying a house or start a p2p novice quest.

Most of us here won't, just so you know.

F2P ftw! ;)

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

I don't plan on becoming a member with this acct until I've maxed out (so, never).

I may become a member with sqelt, or cloned jesus. But that probably won't be until I get out of college.

99 dungeoneering achieved, thanks to everyone that celebrated with me!

♪♪ Don't interrupt me as I struggle to complete this thought
Have some respect for someone more forgetful than yourself ♪♪

♪♪ And I'm not done
And I won't be till my head falls off ♪♪

I like how you said 'buying a house.' It feels like we're talking about what we're doing once we get out of college, lol.

In RS, I believe you construct houses rather than buy them. :)

zBSYE.png

^ Blog.

Zh0c4.gif

jagex had clearly stated that Myth of the White Lands and Swept Away will become p2p after a short time available to f2p.

after some f2p wanted the bloom back if they ever destroy it can get it back, that why now east of crafting guild got the girl NPC and the purple cat. each quest also give 1qp if i remember correctly.

yup, most of us here will stay as f2p.

even if i want to, there is no easy way to subscribe. as jagex is not care so much about southeast asia.

my best ping is still never below 100, that is also 1 of the reason i never go pvp or bounty world, as those world had ping about 250 for me.

jagex had clearly stated that Myth of the White Lands and Swept Away will become p2p after a short time available to f2p.

after some f2p wanted the bloom back if they ever destroy it can get it back, that why now east of crafting guild got the girl NPC and the purple cat. each quest also give 1qp if i remember correctly.

yup, most of us here will stay as f2p.

even if i want to, there is no easy way to subscribe. as jagex is not care so much about southeast asia.

my best ping is still never below 100, that is also 1 of the reason i never go pvp or bounty world, as those world had ping about 250 for me.

I still don't understand though, why are they made temporarily f2p? Those quests are about the same level as some of the "newbie" quests, so why not keep them?

And yeah, I wish Jagex cared about China so I can get my membership. But who cares, at least I have fun in F2P. :)

And my favorite worlds (113, 1) have a ping of -1. Is this a glitch or something?

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Dunno how many of you were aware of this, but apparently back in January Jagex did a minor update that affects non-members: they added a bank deposit box on the Port Sarim docks, in the area with the Entrana monks. I think if you couple this new box with the cabbage teleport of the Explorers Ring (3), lobbies or tuna/swordies might be even more worth your while. :)

~I Am A Bahai~

.:100% F2P for life:.

I_Am_A_Bahai.png

oh, i aware this last week after some ppl told me. but i had not know since when it had been there, maybe just like you say, in January.

but only shorten about 1-2 sec if wc at near the maze. however, it will shorten greatly if fishing / mining at karamja.

Hey. I'm relatively new to these forums. I've lurked for many years. I had one account, Ko0ky Monster, which i made a blog for. But it failed and i forgot the pass. Well i have played since 2005ish with off and on memberships and off and on breaks. My new main, Semaj Rovert, just lost his membership. I must say, fishing on f2p is the most fun I've had on RuneScape in quite a while. Btw, this thread alone inspired me to get a new tip.it account, so, "thank you" to the creater of this thread.

Dunno how many of you were aware of this, but apparently back in January Jagex did a minor update that affects non-members: they added a bank deposit box on the Port Sarim docks, in the area with the Entrana monks. I think if you couple this new box with the cabbage teleport of the Explorers Ring (3), lobbies or tuna/swordies might be even more worth your while. :)

Actually, you still need the 30gp to go on the boat to Karamja, so you can only fish 26 lobs at a time with this method.

That's why I still bank at Draynor using the cabbageport.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

I've been using the Port Sarim deposit box. Does that one lobster really make a difference? Plus it's faster, even if you get one less lobster.

Agreed. I think over time, the shortened time difference makes up for the lost lobs.

zBSYE.png

^ Blog.

Zh0c4.gif

haha, actually the box at port sarim can put into tip.it times dyk, since not everyone notice it. most ppl just cabbage tele from bank and just go using the battleaxe shop route rather then the bar route.

another dyk, if you forget to take 30gp or even harpoon and lobster pot from bank, you can just take the white apron from the fishing shop to get into the inner door of the food shop to get some raw material to sell.

even once got some low lvl guys say how i go in there or shout thief !!! HAHA

another dyk, if you forget to take 30gp or even harpoon and lobster pot from bank, you can just take the white apron from the fishing shop to get into the inner door of the food shop to get some raw material to sell.

?

zBSYE.png

^ Blog.

Zh0c4.gif

Members have their first bonus XP weekend, with up to 2,7 times the XP when training skills.

Depending on how it goes (will it affect runescape economy for the worse?), it might be possible

for non-members to have these bonus-events in the future.

This is the official statement of Jagex:

Future bonus XP events may well be opened up to free players as well, but we're waiting to see how this one works before making that decision.

Up here: http://devblog.runescape.com/view_post.ws?post_id=84

The thought is interesting...

Members have their first bonus XP weekend, with up to 2,7 times the XP when training skills.

Depending on how it goes (will it affect runescape economy for the worse?), it might be possible

for non-members to have these bonus-events in the future.

This is the official statement of Jagex:

Future bonus XP events may well be opened up to free players as well, but we're waiting to see how this one works before making that decision.

Up here: http://devblog.runescape.com/view_post.ws?post_id=84

The thought is interesting...

Yeah, that would make reaching prayer goals a bit more reasonable.

~I Am A Bahai~

.:100% F2P for life:.

I_Am_A_Bahai.png

?

what i mean is that if you forget to take 30gp or fishing tools from bank, you can just go get some raw material from the food shop and sell it to get some money rather then going back to bank to withdraw.