The F2P General Discussion Thread

lionesshunt

yes, as Piesofdoom say, fighting Stomp mostly is depends on luck whether the lodestones is blocked or not, and it is super annoying that the arrow is behind the wall.

my 2nd boss icefiend is plain annoying, when it cast special, no matter how many hp you had, it will drop you down to near dead.

i also once bind Tier 5 longbow rather then shortbow, in fact, Tier 1 longbow had higher ranged bonus then Tier 5 shortbow, which make longbow more favour for most ranger although hit slower.

if in a team, i would bind weapon, if solo, i would bind armor, since it is hard to get good armor at the start.

Greenmelf, but i thought jagex only reduce slightly exp?

"In the long term, this has only effected 0.2% of the total xp needed to max out the skill - a tiny effect on the race to lvl 99.... Or indeed to 120. "

i dont like to train melee, that why me CB lvl is low, however my magic is ranged is still ok.

the primary reason i didnt raise def skill is because def is only effect chance been attacked which make it def not important except in minigame/activity like in FoG and Clan War. i hope jagex will make def skill more useful

HA, last time i hope jagex will release new dragon to f2p along with the new skill, i dont remember who doubt this, but here it is now, and not only that, we can get its bones to bury!!!

however, it is very strong, the last time i fight it, 2 dragon breath each hit me 300.

Game Update FAQ - 12/04/10

"Why does it take so long to get tokens? I’ll never get enough for a cool reward!"

The number of tokens you receive is directly related to the amount of XP you receive. As your XP rates increase, so too will your token rates.

However, you may be please to know, we are currently reevaluating the token cost for each reward.

solo rejoin is low priority, o o

Greenmelf, but i thought jagex only reduce slightly exp?

"In the long term, this has only effected 0.2% of the total xp needed to max out the skill - a tiny effect on the race to lvl 99.... Or indeed to 120. "

No, it's a straight up 50% reduction in exp.

By only effecting 0.2% of total exp needed needed to max, they meant that the highest level people had only got 200k exp out of the 100m needed to max before that update.

greenmelf.png

I have to say, I'm not the biggest fan of the Exp reduction, but I am interested in whether lvl 89s, get say twice as much experience as lvl 90s?

Although I think like many Non-Members, just getting a new skill is quite a big thing! And I'd love to see a F2P guy reach 99 first.

Similarly to how members get Tier 11 drops from bosses, I think it might be nice for F2P bosses to drop Tier 6 weapons and armours, just for us to work for something new to bind.

i want to ask, arrow bind cap at 125, then how about runes?

great idea Alkatrazdtd, that is also what i hoping for when i kill Tier 6 dino for the first time, get its hide, craft it, to be find out that it is written as member object, cannot be wield...

I actually like dungeoneering, it's kind of fun.

But the more I play it, the more frustrated and enraged I get over the fact that I'm being penalized for being high level. It's freaking ridiculous, makes me never want to play anything Jaqex ever again. Disrespecting loyal players is not cool at all.

greenmelf.png

I'm still gaining like 40 exp per floor on complexity level 3 with prestige 5... Though that is because my dungeoneering level is only 9, so yeah...

Hopefully it gets much faster later.

And btw, what do you think is the most annoying boss? I hate fighting the icefiend, I keep getting hit from those spike thingies that fall on you, at least once (though I never died). If I only brought melee gear, then the witch with the protect pray is the most annoying.

And finally, what item did you choose to bind? I bound the fractite longsword, as it is the best weapon (imo) of melee.

*Cough*

Anyway, i find Skeletal Horde the most annoying when not solo/duo, managed to die ten times. One time i was OHKO'd after entering the room and blasted by 6 lvl 136 mages. Soloing Stomp is the worst so far due to complaints listed above, however I still have 4 bosses to encounter.

For the icefeind you have to be moving (not sure if it is running or if walking will suffice) so that the spec won't hit you, however the special attack will never kill you, only leave you on low health. Although if you're in a team then others ice can hit you can leave you vunriable to the rest of your attacks, so make sure your running in circles away from each other.

And finally I bind a Fracite Rapier and Spinebeam Longbow along with 125 Fracitite arrows, however before it was just the Rapier and the arraows and I would hope for a bow from the table.

and Greenmelf, while I don't share your pain I hope that jagex gets their head out of their [cabbage] and fixes the legit high level free to play exp problem.

1yrb49.jpg

Couple of notes:

When you find the boss room, you can then head back to the smuggler and ask him about it to avoid confusion from rushing in without the necessary knowledge to defeat it.

You might have not figured it out, but the Icefiend's special is supposed to be that strong because you can dodge it. How? Just run around the room like a headless chicken! For best results, change the camera perspective lower so that you're facing the ground at a bit of an angle, then rotate the camera as you're running so that you can click the same spot on the screen but in effect click in a circle on the ground. I'd advise practicing this before fighting it.

As for Stomp, the rocks blocking the lodestones are something they need to address, but the cheap fix to this problem is to watch if the boulders are going to block it, then use yourself as a human shield to stop it from sticking to the ground there. It'll hurt though. :P

Has anybody tried dropping stuff on the ground to see if the boulders will not stick to the spot if there is an item on it? I haven't gotten a chance to try yet but it sounds like it might work.

8f14270694.jpg

*Cough*

and Greenmelf, while I don't share your pain I hope that jagex gets their head out of their [cabbage] and fixes the legit high level free to play exp problem.

Yeah, I did complexity level 5 and got 150 exp for that floor. But my level is still 11 so...

And what? I thought what Jagex meant by "cap" is that you will only get a certain amount of exp for ALL levels, in F2P, until it stops increasing.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

hm... strilmus good question, however i might already pass the floor that fight Stomp.

i am now on the journey to get 50 lvl to be able to bind 2 items.

I am on the journey for 30 Dungeoneering, the level in which I'll be ranked! :thumbsup:

And my second item that I will bind will be my fractite kiteshield. Frac long + kite = FTW.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

a full Tier 5 hide(meaning all coif, body, chap, vamb, boot) is weaker then a Tier 5 platebody which make me thinking to switch to bind and stick to melee, however i like the hide ranged bonus.

but dungeoneering is looking more favour to melee rather than ranged, no need to mention mage, which is totally out of the question.

@Sonic, why kiteshield rather then platebody?

@Greenmelf

actually, did you do all the available thing in the dungeon, like cut all the tree, fish all the spot, cook all the fish, mine all the ore, smith the bar?

i try both doing all and rush, the exp is different about 300-400

Oh yea... the PLATEBODY! Can't believe I forgot about that.

I'll be binding that then. And if I can ever bind a 3rd and 4th item, they will be the platelegs and the kiteshield.

Oh and doing dungeons on complexity 6 is MUCH better than doing it on any other complexity. Not only is it more fun, but you get no exp penalty, and there are bonus rooms to venture, for 13% more exp!

Oh and the Guide Mode glitch does not occur at complexity 6, even more of a plus.

The only cons are skill doors with ridiculous requirements (I got 100 Crafting door once), and unlocked doors that re-lock themselves. Oh and the damage if you fail "repairing" skill doors.

The reason why I said the last point... well, look below.

ev2olv.jpg

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

@Greenmelf

actually, did you do all the available thing in the dungeon, like cut all the tree, fish all the spot, cook all the fish, mine all the ore, smith the bar?

i try both doing all and rush, the exp is different about 300-400

No, I do mine most of the Fractite Ore and smith it into armor, but other that, I don't touch the resources.

It would seem lame to penalize me for not using all the resources.

greenmelf.png

As for Stomp, the rocks blocking the lodestones are something they need to address, but the cheap fix to this problem is to watch if the boulders are going to block it, then use yourself as a human shield to stop it from sticking to the ground there. It'll hurt though. :P

Has anybody tried dropping stuff on the ground to see if the boulders will not stick to the spot if there is an item on it? I haven't gotten a chance to try yet but it sounds like it might work.

Good idea for the human shield! Only problem in that case would be if both sides are blocked... In most cases that should really help though.

Any theory behind why boulders wouldn't stick to the spot if there's an item on it?

i already pass that theme, and i not going to reset anytime soon, so other ppl had to try it yourself.

haha, Sonic, i never failed THAT much before, everything most of the time only hurt me ONCE, rarely twice and NEVER a third. so you really amaze me.

that is why C6 is a must, oh ya, and you say 100 is hard, what about 104 lvl? i once had a door required that.

i already pass that theme, and i not going to reset anytime soon, so other ppl had to try it yourself.

haha, Sonic, i never failed THAT much before, everything most of the time only hurt me ONCE, rarely twice and NEVER a third. so you really amaze me.

that is why C6 is a must, oh ya, and you say 100 is hard, what about 104 lvl? i once had a door required that.

Seriously just (like one minute ago) failed to unlock an imbued door three times, over 700 LP gone...

greenmelf.png

Regarding the capping of EXP on F2P for high level players, how does the capping work? You don't get more EXP with increasing floor and prestige number? Or the fact that it increases, but you get less than what a member would get for the same floor and prestige level? I'm not sure what's with the rants over this cap.

Zepheras.png

"Do you really want to go back to the time when Falador was grey, lesser demon look like goats, dragons look like cows, hellhound look like cats and your character stands as stiff as a statue?"

-F1775

Regarding the capping of EXP on F2P for high level players, how does the capping work? You don't get more EXP with increasing floor and prestige number? Or the fact that it increases, but you get less than what a member would get for the same floor and prestige level? I'm not sure what's with the rants over this cap.

It's a straight up 50% reduced exp for people over 90 combat on non-members worlds.

In other worlds, take the normal floor exp and prestige exp, half them, then continue with exp calculations.

greenmelf.png

It's a straight up 50% reduced exp for people over 90 combat on non-members worlds.

In other worlds, take the normal floor exp and prestige exp, half them, then continue with exp calculations.

So, if you're below combat 89 and F2P, you get the full floor and prestige EXP, but the moment you get to 90, you get 50% reduction, possibly slower than a fellow level 89 F2P player?

Zepheras.png

"Do you really want to go back to the time when Falador was grey, lesser demon look like goats, dragons look like cows, hellhound look like cats and your character stands as stiff as a statue?"

-F1775

So, if you're below combat 89 and F2P, you get the full floor and prestige EXP, but the moment you get to 90, you get 50% reduction, possibly slower than a fellow level 89 F2P player?

That is correct.

Animorph_2.png

That is correct.

I'm quite surprised it was done this way, and it certainly gives lower levels an incentive to stay under 90 combat. I was expecting a gradual reduction, for example, 1.5% per level. Or perhaps even better to solve the problem, would be a total level based reduction, although this would very much shoot past members such as myself in the foot.

Does anyone have any methods of raising prestige? I've read on the knowledgebase that trying a variety of floors will give you a decent amount, but that doesn't seem to work for me - I always get over 1k floor xp but under 200 prestige xp, which cuts my potential xp in half and is really frustrating. I've also just tried resetting my progress and doing the highest floor repeatedly until I can do a better floor; I reset after every time because I guess grinding the same floor without resetting your progress will get you 0 prestige xp. I used to get upwards of 900-1k prestige xp per round, but not after 26 dungeoneering or so (lvl 30 now) - I dunno what happened.

~I Am A Bahai~

.:100% F2P for life:.

I_Am_A_Bahai.png

I'm quite surprised it was done this way, and it certainly gives lower levels an incentive to stay under 90 combat. I was expecting a gradual reduction, for example, 1.5% per level. Or perhaps even better to solve the problem, would be a total level based reduction, although this would very much shoot past members such as myself in the foot.

Yeah me too. I thought it was like it only goes up a certain amount and then stops increasing.

What I think is that Jagex should either make the cap for ALL F2P players, or double the P2P worlds exp. This is unfair to people over combat 90 in F2P.

I'm just glad that I'm only 83 combat... I guess it's time for me to train my ranged and magic now! :mellow:

And LOL score:

2hg47if.png

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Yeah me too. I thought it was like it only goes up a certain amount and then stops increasing.

What I think is that Jagex should either make the cap for ALL F2P players, or double the P2P worlds exp. This is unfair to people over combat 90 in F2P.

I'm just glad that I'm only 83 combat... I guess it's time for me to train my ranged and magic now! :mellow:

And LOL score:

2hg47if.png

For comparison, here is a picture of my exp for floor 10. I'm 106 combat.

10at16.png

Grr.

greenmelf.png

Wow. Sonic, if I hadn't noticed the countdown timer in your screenie's chat box, I seriously would not have ever known such a thing existed (I play with my Game on Filter).

I've always wondered why that exp. screen took so long, even after I clicked the arrows... :wall:

zBSYE.png

^ Blog.

Zh0c4.gif