The F2P General Discussion Thread

lionesshunt

I appreciate that the new skill provides a distraction while training combat. Semi-afking at flesh crawlers or spiders has never been enjoyable. I also appreciate the 200+ prayer experience you can get from exorcising dark spirits.

Oh, and 50 dungeoneering is worth it for the second set of items. I've bound a fractite maul, a (tier 5) longbow, 125 fractite arrows, and 125 law runes.

99 dungeoneering achieved, thanks to everyone that celebrated with me!

♪♪ Don't interrupt me as I struggle to complete this thought
Have some respect for someone more forgetful than yourself ♪♪

♪♪ And I'm not done
And I won't be till my head falls off ♪♪

I appreciate that the new skill provides a distraction while training combat. Semi-afking at flesh crawlers or spiders has never been enjoyable. I also appreciate the 200+ prayer experience you can get from exorcising dark spirits.

Oh, and 50 dungeoneering is worth it for the second set of items. I've bound a fractite maul, a (tier 5) longbow, 125 fractite arrows, and 125 law runes.

eh? i thought can only bind one ammo or runes? i didnt expect it to be the same amount of bind as items.

and when should we reset? if reset, then had to redo all floor before can unlock new floor, which can be quite troublesome.

reset can get more prestige point, yes. but new floor point is not bad either.

and when should we reset? if reset, then had to redo all floor before can unlock new floor, which can be quite troublesome.

I reset as soon as I have to repeat a level. Not sure if that's the best way, but that's how I am doing it at the moment.

~Dan

overall-1.png: 1437 combat.png: 173
Lowest Combat to 1,000 Total in F2P (23 Combat)
2r8i4.png
Check me out on YouTube!

I reset as soon as I have to repeat a level. Not sure if that's the best way, but that's how I am doing it at the moment.

~Dan

This is what I'm doing as well. I've given up on trying to find teams unless someone happens to be shouting the same floor I'm on (and I go on 113, 1 is WAY too crowded for me), so I generally solo all my raids. Up until now I've been doing the best floor that I can do and, if I can't access the next floor just yet, I reset my progress and repeat this process until I can do so. I don't know how efficient this is. I think I'm going to try doing all the floors I can (1-16 right now) before I reset and see how that affects my prestige.

~I Am A Bahai~

.:100% F2P for life:.

I_Am_A_Bahai.png

I have taken screenshots of all my dungeoneering exp screens since around level 31 or so. Found some interesting things.

[hide=Not necessarily the same for people not f2p level 106 combat.]

Floor exp for any level is constant, save bonus room multiplier.

Floor 1 is 59 exp.

Floor 2 is 78 exp.

Floor 3 is 100 exp.

Floor 4 is 125 exp.

Floor 5 is 153 exp.

Floor 6 is 184 exp.

Floor 7 is 219 exp.

Floor 8 is 257 exp.

Floor 9 is 299 exp.

Floor 10 is 344 exp.

Floor 11 is 393 exp.

Floor 12 is 446 exp.

Floor 13 is 503 exp.

Floor 14 is 565 exp.

Floor 15 is 630 exp.

Floor 16 is 700 exp.

Floor 17 is 775 exp.

Floor 18 is 855 exp.

Floor 19 is 940 exp.

Floor 20 is 1030 exp.

Floor 21 is 1125 exp.

Prestige exp for any prestige is slightly variable.

When floor and prestige are the same value, the exp is the same. (Only data from 18, 19, 20 and 21)

For each floor value under the given prestige value, you lose 3 to 5 exp. (Only data from prestige 16, 19 and 21)

Floor exp AND prestige exp are effected by bonus rooms.

+0% from bonus rooms gaves 53.6% of base floor exp AND prestige exp.

+4% from bonus rooms gaves 68.8% of base floor exp AND prestige exp.

+6% from bonus rooms gaves 76.6% of base floor exp AND prestige exp.

+8% from bonus rooms gaves 84.3% of base floor exp AND prestige exp.

+11% from bonus rooms gaves 96.7% of base floor exp AND prestige exp.

No data yet from others.

[/hide]

greenmelf.png

Does anyone know how Prestige Exp. is calculated after a ring reset? Perhaps the value doesn't change (meaning, it's the same as the first Prestige Exp. that you got when you cleared a certain floor for the very first time), but I was just wondering.

:thumbup:

Oh, and finding groups for Floors 24+ is really hard for me. :( Found one on w1, but it was a bit laggy (I assume because of the all the traffic) and we only got to clear 2 dungeons.

zBSYE.png

^ Blog.

Zh0c4.gif

Does anyone know how Prestige Exp. is calculated after a ring reset? Perhaps the value doesn't change (meaning, it's the same as the first Prestige Exp. that you got when you cleared a certain floor for the very first time), but I was just wondering.

:thumbup:

Oh, and finding groups for Floors 24+ is really hard for me. :( Found one on w1, but it was a bit laggy (I assume because of the all the traffic) and we only got to clear 2 dungeons.

//resetting
previous_prestige = current_prestige
current_prestige = 0

//end floor exp calculations
if( floor already done this reset cycle)
 use zero_prestige
else
{
 if( current_prestige > previous_prestige )
   use current_prestige
 else
   use previous_prestige
}

Does that help?

(seemed easier to explain with pseudocode)

I tried Skeleton Horde for 20 minutes. Full Fractite Armor with Spear on shared stab, 9.75k in 20 minutes, so that'd be 29.75k per hour.

Granted, not complete sure spear or stab was the best option, and for the first 9 or so minutes I had all tunnels opening, meaning I wasted more time running from side to side.

greenmelf.png

Wait, why are you using a spear? Use a longsword, rapier, or battleaxe to kill stuff.

Two-handed weapons just aren't worth it to use imo.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

spear have all 3 style of attack, in dungeoneering, attack style is quite important, it is me only or i feel that we likely to miss then outside of dungeon.

it is obvious that most ranger and melee had hard time hit through warrior, specially high lvl warrior, since they wear platebody, which had better def against stab and slash.

however, i do recommand use the weapon that had high stab and slash like longsword, and use magic against warrior that wear platebody, which sound pretty good choice of combat.

in low lvl floor, def is not so important, i usually get away with plenty of food. however, in deeper lvl, most mobs are able to hit very accurate and hard, specially the 1 that wield maul, it keep on hitting me 120.

i reset after i done floor 23, with prestige 23, i get prestige 2.3k every floor, however floor exp is low, so after average and some bonus, i get about 1.6k every floor (F1-8)

i give up on training RC, anyone with RC 65 or above can help me craft death runes?

anyone lvl 50 or above can confirm that can bind 2 ammo(both arrow and runes)?

spear have all 3 style of attack, in dungeoneering, attack style is quite important, it is me only or i feel that we likely to miss then outside of dungeon.

it is obvious that most ranger and melee had hard time hit through warrior, specially high lvl warrior, since they wear platebody, which had better def against stab and slash.

however, i do recommand use the weapon that had high stab and slash like longsword, and use magic against warrior that wear platebody, which sound pretty good choice of combat.

in low lvl floor, def is not so important, i usually get away with plenty of food. however, in deeper lvl, most mobs are able to hit very accurate and hard, specially the 1 that wield maul, it keep on hitting me 120.

Still, spears aren't worth it to use. If you bind a fractite longsword and make a fractite pickaxe each dungeon round (you will need it for fractite rocks), not only have you obtained all 3 combat styles in a very effective way, but it's a must combo for the Bulwark Beast.

And yeah, level 54 fractite warriors are VERY annoying to beat with melee, and I used up a lot of food just for that warrior. However, with monsters like these there's only one monster in the room, so I consider those types as mini-bosses.

I met a level 71 giant rat on FLOOR 2 once. :blink:

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

Still, spears aren't worth it to use. If you bind a fractite longsword and make a fractite pickaxe each dungeon round (you will need it for fractite rocks), not only have you obtained all 3 combat styles in a very effective way, but it's a must combo for the Bulwark Beast.

what you mean by need it for fractite rocks?

what are you saying? fractite pickaxe has a weak crush attack.

for Bulwark Beast, it only need a pickaxe to break its armor. I just simply make a pickaxe with any metal i got, usually novite pickaxe is more then enough to get the job done.

and i already say, use magic for warrior, since they wear armor, magic can easily get through.

attack style is very important in dungeoneering, that why we will see our attack keep miss if using wrong attack style.

I just mage the bulwark beast.

Most bosses are easier when you use mage / range. Also, gatestone is a must. I always make enough runes for 10 gatestone teles. If you have to run through more than 3 rooms to get to your destination, you've probably done something wrong.

I haven't done a large map yet, but I'm figuring it will be the best experience (especially if everyone knows what they're doing).

Gah I hate this capped experience. I also blame Jagex for the faulty mechanics of the game. <_<

♪♪ And I'm not done

I melee everything without armor and I do fine. I feel it's a waste of time to mine the fractite ores and smith your own armor or to runecraft your own runes. It takes quite a lot of time. I was using a spear for a while but I find the 2h sword to be better. I hit harder and more accurate. I slash everything, except for warriors and bosses, for which I use crush.

tomorrow Live Dungeoneering Q&A, make sure to think a few question and make them headache.

@ sees_all1

you now had 4 bind items? 2 equipment and 2 ammo?

any1 can help me craft death runes?

My mistake, thought you could bind 2 ammo. Turns out you can't :oops:

Whatever, doesn't matter. You get enough rune ess at the start and enough GP in the dungeon to make 1000s of runes.

♪♪ And I'm not done

tomorrow Live Dungeoneering Q&A, make sure to think a few question and make them headache.

any1 can help me craft death runes?

I bet you the trade limit of coins that they don't answer any questions about high level f2p dungeoneering exp or the double exp multiplier from bonus rooms.

I'm 64 runecraft, soo close, wish they had of waited another day or two before 'fixing' the runecrafting exp.

greenmelf.png

70,751ST TO BE RANKED IN DUNGEONEERING!!!

2ciftxt.png

(I know that's not a very big accomplishment but whatever.)

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

costs reduced for the rewards, which quite good except tome of frost is now the most expensive, as it only drop only slightly not like other rewards

Wow, all Jagex bothered to say about dungeoneering changes was "There have been numerous fixes to Dungeoneering, both in-game and in the Game Guide." and "To be fair the one liner about dungeoneering fixes covered over 100 other dungeoneering tweaks/adjustments/fixes!" in a topic on RSOF. Wtf are the changes??? Why can't they acutally post what they changed and post it in the news?

greenmelf.png

costs reduced for the rewards, which quite good except tome of frost is now the most expensive, as it only drop only slightly not like other rewards

Wow, all Jagex bothered to say about dungeoneering changes was "There have been numerous fixes to Dungeoneering, both in-game and in the Game Guide." and "To be fair the one liner about dungeoneering fixes covered over 100 other dungeoneering tweaks/adjustments/fixes!" in a topic on RSOF. Wtf are the changes??? Why can't they acutally post what they changed and post it in the news?

Over 100 changes and none of them was remove members skill doors from non-members or change 90+ combat non-members exp.

On the bright side, I just killed Lexicus Runewright and didn't die, that's a first.

greenmelf.png