The F2P General Discussion Thread

lionesshunt

Jagex would've thought of that. :3 Making high alching too cheap/feasible.

But I like cheap... ! :blink:

The Tome of Frost is rather meant for members who actually use water runes for lunar spells or w/e.

I don't see much use for it in F2P tbh. Saving a water rune when teleporting to Falador? meh...

And about the water blast... who trains with water blast?! :-?

I don't think the rewards offer many real 'improvements'.

They only offer alternatives.

Coal bag seems great, and for the rest, mweihh, I guess xp lamps... :huh:

You're forgetting the magic attack bonus. ;o And maybe bind spells.

(in term of intangible benefit) well, since most ppl alch/superheat on fire staff, and you on nature staff, which can look cool. and most of the time is lose money to gain fast exp, so it didnt really matter to lose slightly more.

I don't really get you. You actually lose MORE money with the nature staff, for SAME speed. And time is wasted getting the tokens for the staff.. which doesn't look good at all. It's just a skinny stick with a cabbage on it.

however, myself didnt really trust everything about %, as it may sometime higher or lower. although there state 10%, every cast is a new 10% chance. so there might be chance to lost more or earn. but more or less is still 10% chance, which resulting slightly lost.

but it will worth it. (in term of intangible benefit)

Yes, chances are random. But the more you do, the more the success rate bends towards 10%. You may expect a rough number from 9% to 11% in a long run. But I still don't believe the nature staff is a good item to get as of yet. The save percentage is just too small, and you actually lose money from it.

Even if you profit, I doubt it'll be more than 3gp. Maybe I'll get it once I get all the rewards. But for now, no.

zuzmo.png

collio.png

[hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide]

Never gonna give you up.[/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide]

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

Do you lose the runes inside the nature staff on death? If not, it might make binding a bit easier in a BH+1 world, and give the staff some use. Same with the law staff, for teleblocking.

99 dungeoneering achieved, thanks to everyone that celebrated with me!

♪♪ Don't interrupt me as I struggle to complete this thought
Have some respect for someone more forgetful than yourself ♪♪

♪♪ And I'm not done
And I won't be till my head falls off ♪♪

Do you lose the runes inside the nature staff on death? If not, it might make binding a bit easier in a BH+1 world, and give the staff some use. Same with the law staff, for teleblocking.

Yes, protects over everything, IIRC.

@Zhong

The Tome of Frost is still not worth it. If you have Tome of Frost and Air staff, you only need a death rune (409gp). The base xp you get from a water blast is 28.5xp.

409gp/28.5xp = 14.35gp/xp. That's VERY expensive and not that fast either.

EDIT: Yet again, that might make Water Blast a feasible combat spell, using up only one rune. The rest could be for potions/food.

zuzmo.png

collio.png

[hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide]

Never gonna give you up.[/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide]

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

@Plasma

i already say i understand that it will lose money while while using nature staff, but what i saying is that if u already losing money while alching, you will not mind for another few gp as long as it look COOL. many ppl like to look cool, that why they wear random event cloth or armor while training.

and i say i dont really like thing that had %. i not saying other thing, dont stir up thing here.

but for me, i almost never alch and superheat, i like that kind of magic which can save cost on casting high lvl damage spell.

@sees_all1

on death? seriously? it hurt :(

i think it would not stay.

you already need many times and tokens to buy back the staff, although jagex say they are thinking about lowering the cost if losing the thing on death.

I'm not stirring up anything here, I'm just replying to your previous statement. D: And no, the staves will NOT be lost upon death IIRC. Their value is 2147M in the death interface, much like Onyx Ring (i), so don't need to worry. :)

@Zhong: You're not saving much on 14gp/xp. You'll need approximately 182M COINS if you want to get 99 magic. That's doing magic at the speed of alching, and the price of amulet stringing.

zuzmo.png

collio.png

the staff value should be change, it is untradeable, so it should not worth that high, jagex should make it low, so there is a chance of losing it. else this only make ppl abuse it

you forget about combat robe, that is why i start talking about water blast

how can you only understand, i just recommand. if it is not good then dont use it.

right now i using fire strike, because it give the most hp/magix exp and it also cheap. i might change to water blast if i think it is good enough since i can save alot of death runes.

It's so hard to get, apparently Jagex made it so that it's kept above ALL items. Like how Onyx Ring (i) is. Of course, you can lose it if you're skulled.

And maybe with Combat Robes, it might be worth it. I stress the word "might". High alch, superheating are the only feasible methods for FTP players to train on, I'm afraid.

zuzmo.png

collio.png

well, there is no choice for me. i always going the hard way anyway. already almost reach 80 magic without alch and superheat.

oh ya, patch note

Improved the inventory drawing code. Dragging items around your inventory will no longer be cancelled when the inventory updates.

Added some safety checks to cooking fish in Daemonheim, what is this mean?

Here is my opinion of the items.

Useful

4k - Coal bag

40k - Gravite Longsword

40k - Gravite 2h Sword

Looks

15k - Arcane blast necklace

43k - Tome of frost

Not useful

2k - Gem bag

10k - Nature staff

12k - Law staff

40k - Gravite Rapier

40k - Gravite Staff

10k - Longbow sight

40k - Gravite Shortbow

Animorph_2.png

why is the longbow sight not useful. Imagine the accuracy you get with that? Being able to hit through full rune like it was barely there.

100% F2P

85 Mining achieved on Dec 4, 2007

85 Smithing achieved on May 28, 2009

anim7.png

why is the longbow sight not useful. Imagine the accuracy you get with that? Being able to hit through full rune like it was barely there.

Exactly. The accuracy is simply too ridiculous to make up for the slow speed.

Oh and the 14th skill 60+. I do not plan to get Prayer up there, though Dungeoneering might be a possibility.

rw2umu.png

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

ya, longbow sight can hit through full rune very well, which make many ppl whine it being overpowered, but as Plasma say, ranged is accurate enough beside hitting full rune.

but most ppl dont pvp and we would rather jagex give us higher ranged damage.

while magic need both higher accurate and damage, which jagex did a good job here.

actually i was hoping something different such as different weapon name and weapon look like, dont just stick to xxx 2h, xxx longsword.

since this skill suppose to be special, unique, so its reward also need to be unique, special.

there are alot of ancient or tradition weapon used by ppl many years ago, such as keris, knuckle, scythe, katana, sabre, tomahawk, zweihander, polearm, trident, explosive, whip, bolas, kunai, shuriken, sling, blowgun, chakram, boomerang, 'magic' wand(rather then magic staff) and some spell or special magic effect inside tablet or note, prayer that can be used to write charm for special protection, sealing purpose and etc.

can give the weapon to p2p to broaden weapon selection.

haha, writing so much and it is already out of topic, but have a look here.

It would be really cool to have katanas for melee, shurikens (lol) and boomerangs for ranged, and wands for magic. :thumbsup:

And the knife is technically kunai. They should have lightsabres too.

Jagex went in somewhat of the right direction when they released rapiers, but it turns out they were only regular swords. <_<

Speaking of Daemonheim weaponry, why no crossbows? D:

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

Exactly. The accuracy is simply too ridiculous to make up for the slow speed.

Oh and the 14th skill 60+. I do not plan to get Prayer up there, though Dungeoneering might be a possibility.

rw2umu.png

No offence, but I actually expected more better stats from you, after seeing your sig. ._.

OT: Am I the only one who notices that Daemonheim is a successful version of what RuneScape should be? The combat triangle is so well made in there, everything is just about balanced. And monster weaknesses are actually worth looking for.

zuzmo.png

collio.png

OT: Am I the only one who notices that Daemonheim is a successful version of what RuneScape should be? The combat triangle is so well made in there, everything is just about balanced. And monster weaknesses are actually worth looking for.

You're quite right - but I think a large part of the reason for this is it could well be a test base for future ideas on balancing the combat triangle. You've got that, plus the fact that they've been able to create Daemonheim without many worries of offsetting previous content, essentially allowing them to take their previous experience with the game's combat and apply all that into an 'entirely new' area. As you said, the great part about it is in that weaknesses do have good effect and are worth considering.

I'm expecting to see the future rebalancing to contain somewhat similar concepts, if Daemonheim's anything to go by I reckon they should do a good job.

Yeah... they probably planned it like that. Was probably much easier for them because they designed all the weapons they'd ever want or need, instead of having to release new content every month potentially upsetting the balance (GS, dclaw, spirit shields, etc).

I'm very close to hitting 1200... although with the new skill I feel it is about the same accomplishment as hitting 1100 before. I'm trying to decide what my goal for my Dung level is for the end of this year. I want everything above 80, but considering I'm starting everything else from 70+, I just don't know. Maybe 70 dung, and all other goals the same?

BTW- I appreciate dungeoneering from the standpoint that it makes it easy to train combat without *feeling* the grind. Since dungeoneering's release, I've gained ~300-400k xp in strength, something I wouldn't have even considered before that. Will make it feel better once I reach 99 that I can forget about training strength from now on, and train something else, like attack.

99 dungeoneering achieved, thanks to everyone that celebrated with me!

♪♪ Don't interrupt me as I struggle to complete this thought
Have some respect for someone more forgetful than yourself ♪♪

♪♪ And I'm not done
And I won't be till my head falls off ♪♪

No offence, but I actually expected more better stats from you, after seeing your sig. ._.

Well, blame me for only starting not even 2 years ago and taking over half a year break inbetween. <_<

And yeah, Dungeoneering made Runescape combat perfectly balanced. Go spears! :thumbsup:

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

You're quite right - but I think a large part of the reason for this is it could well be a test base for future ideas on balancing the combat triangle. You've got that, plus the fact that they've been able to create Daemonheim without many worries of offsetting previous content, essentially allowing them to take their previous experience with the game's combat and apply all that into an 'entirely new' area. As you said, the great part about it is in that weaknesses do have good effect and are worth considering.

I'm expecting to see the future rebalancing to contain somewhat similar concepts, if Daemonheim's anything to go by I reckon they should do a good job.

however jagex keep saying that they are not using this as a future plan to rebalance combat triangle, which i think is fake. they clearly using Daemonheim to test combat triangle balance and weakness of all mobs.

however, if this is the case, then we probably need more then 1 or 2 weapon rather then most ppl just keep scimitar or 1 of the melee weapon they like in bank.

Well, blame me for only starting not even 2 years ago and taking over half a year break inbetween. <_<

And yeah, Dungeoneering made Runescape combat perfectly balanced. Go spears! :thumbsup:

You stillz pro. <3

And reharding testing the combat triangle.. What is there to test? It's just a simple comcept: Mage > Melee > Range > Mage... Just a triangle. They have used the combat triangle perfectly with dungeoneering. Now to roll it out into the real RS.

zuzmo.png

collio.png

It's a simple combat triangle on the surface, but that's all it is - the surface. Underneath, you've got the intricacies with weaknesses, the potential effect these should have - percentage rates, all the minor details which on the surface bring up a nice, polished combat system. I think it's these things that they're testing, it would (hopefully 'will' soon) certainly be the approach I take to testing these things - testing within a new environment which is widely accepted will be adapted later as is necessary. ;)

melee also consist of 3 attack style, which is very clear that using other 2 wrong style will result low accuracy such as on full fractite warrior.

the nagative stat of all equipment

how good is it to give f2p equipement such as spear, maul, boots, gauntlets

what is the feedback about the look of the equipment

the favour of short or long bow while the stat is very big different.

catalytic staff that boost magic damage

boss that reduce stat, bind, freeze with the lvl difficulty

gather data to create better, stronger, or smarter boss?

give us more RC altar for magic

and much more, but lazy think

ya, longbow sight can hit through full rune very well, which make many ppl whine it being overpowered, but as Plasma say, ranged is accurate enough beside hitting full rune.

but most ppl dont pvp and we would rather jagex give us higher ranged damage.

while magic need both higher accurate and damage, which jagex did a good job here.

actually i was hoping something different such as different weapon name and weapon look like, dont just stick to xxx 2h, xxx longsword.

since this skill suppose to be special, unique, so its reward also need to be unique, special.

there are alot of ancient or tradition weapon used by ppl many years ago, such as keris, knuckle, scythe, katana, sabre, tomahawk, zweihander, polearm, trident, explosive, whip, bolas, kunai, shuriken, sling, blowgun, chakram, boomerang, 'magic' wand(rather then magic staff) and some spell or special magic effect inside tablet or note, prayer that can be used to write charm for special protection, sealing purpose and etc.

can give the weapon to p2p to broaden weapon selection.

haha, writing so much and it is already out of topic, but have a look here.

I just got the longbow sight yesterday. Went to free for all clan wars, but it was definitely not what I was expecting....

I thought the +151 range bonus (with dhide coif) would hit through rune armor (at 80 def) at least 50% of the time. Turns out..it's more like 20%

However, after extensive testing, against lower def people in armor, it owns. Against higher def people, I have to wear full rune in order to not take too much damage.

I guess that is beauty of it. You get to wear full armor, yet the sight still allows you to get +105 range accuracy. Against other rangers of your level, this tactic is deadly. They cant hit you with as much, but you are still accurate enough to get through their dhide.

100% F2P

85 Mining achieved on Dec 4, 2007

85 Smithing achieved on May 28, 2009

anim7.png

you dont have to quote my whole reply, it contain other unnecessary thing inside, but oh well...

really? thats interesting to know. oh ya, having high accurate is indeed deadly.

it really help ppl with just lvl up to 45 ranged to have godly accuracy that they cannot imagine.

actually this would partially solve the problems of ranger weak while low - med lvl as low damage that ranger can deal compare to fire blast at 59 magic lvl or str lvl.

OMG, full rune and can still that high ranged bonus, perfect against rev hunter.

can you testing more about ppl at 40 def full rune and 99 def wear nothing? ty