The F2P General Discussion Thread

lionesshunt

on my way to 1k total i got this level <3333

40raiding.jpg

i love this skill but its getting hard. my last boss before i thought sod it and traded in for xp was a lvl 84 riftspliter noob(im level 70) who kept stacking hits on me and killing me over and over. now i only have 1k tokens left

i love this skill but its getting hard. my last boss before i thought sod it and traded in for xp was a lvl 84 riftspliter noob(im level 70) who kept stacking hits on me and killing me over and over. now i only have 1k tokens left

He destroys me too - I'm Level 59 Combat and tend to get him roughly the same level as that. He's probably the one that I die the most on - that was using melee before though, I'd be interested in trying Mage as he's supposedly weak to it.

I'm presuming that as your combat-level increases, the given experience doesn't increase? - i.e Base and Prestige. Given that, I'm wondering if lower-levelled F2Pers actually can train this skill easier / faster than higher-levelled F2Pers / members? From what I've found, I need very little preparation for the entire dungeon when soloing, if any and almost none for bosses either. Monsters obviously have less health due to the lower nature of their combat level than their higher counterparts and I don't think monster's health scales up proportionately with damage dealt by players, certainly not on F2P at least.

I've not done any formal testing so it's all just from appearances, but what do others think, does the simplicity of lower-levelled F2P characters outweigh the damage-output of higher characters?

Actually, at the 80-89 combat range, it's the most effective for Dungeoneering. Not only can you kill monsters at a decent rate, but you still get full exp for the dungeons.

Speaking of which, Zhong, Plasma, and I met a level 110-ish forgotten mage (supposedly tier 10). And that's only on difficulty 3, medium, furnished floors. :blink:

I can't imagine the difficulty of killing a tier 11 monster... or even extremely high level bosses (level 200+).

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

i rarely get hit from this boss, its "rain" will stack and keep on increasing.

so just keep on running few square away every ONE hit you make. eg. enter room, hit, run, hit run, and cont... without any further delay.

actually if solo, every boss is quite easy if you make some preparation like a few short fins. armor not actually important in solo, but in party then that is different case(boss stronger)

beside Furnished boss, other boss i can just kill it without eating any food, except Luminescent Icefiend which i need to cook some short fin just incase,

Even in a party, I usually no-arm. Since bosses are stronger, they have more defense, so combat triangle switching is required.

Not to mention level 110 forgotten NPCs.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

Speaking of which, Zhong, Plasma, and I met a level 110-ish forgotten mage (supposedly tier 10). And that's only on difficulty 3, medium, furnished floors. :blink:

I can't imagine the difficulty of killing a tier 11 monster... or even extremely high level bosses (level 200+).

Same here. Saw 3 lvl 140ish mages decked out in tier10/11 armor in a large furnished floor for 4. I think they used fire wave/surge and hit 200+.

100% F2P

85 Mining achieved on Dec 4, 2007

85 Smithing achieved on May 28, 2009

anim7.png

actually as long as using the correct attack style, while 2-3 ppl pile on it, on protection prayer as soon as they face to you, then it should be no problems. provided altar is available to recharge before boss.

i really recommand up this skill ASAP before jagex add harder theme and mobs and raise difficult on mini-boss and boss.

oh ya, and longbow sight really pwn in FoG, with opponent reduced stat, even if they wear full runes, i had near 95% hit rate.

FoG will had a hard time to balance back until most ppl are able to trade higher reward such as gravite.

i rarely get hit from this boss, its "rain" will stack and keep on increasing.

so just keep on running few square away every ONE hit you make. eg. enter room, hit, run, hit run, and cont... without any further delay.

actually if solo, every boss is quite easy if you make some preparation like a few short fins. armor not actually important in solo, but in party then that is different case(boss stronger)

beside Furnished boss, other boss i can just kill it without eating any food, except Luminescent Icefiend which i need to cook some short fin just incase,

from what i saw i wasnt getting hit with the rain attacks though i ran out of them as soon as i saw them. he was triple hitting me most of the time doing 100+ damage each hit.

what i saw i wasnt getting hit with the rain attacks though i ran out of them as soon as i saw them. he was triple hitting me most of the time doing 100+ damage each hit.

not you run out as soon as you saw it, it is you already out of it when u saw it. sometime run after you saw the word might be late also.

the only hit i get hit from this boss is the stone throw at me. best bet is never stay on the same spot for more then 1 sec.

oh ya, Plasma, this is what you asking for weakness

however do note that there might contain incomplete info such as weakness 'melee only' without stating which style or some mistake, like dungeon spider(m) which available in f2p also.

Forgotten warriors are very easy if you pray their style and attack with their weakness. Even Tier 10 melee doesn't stand a chance to lowly fire blast.

BTW - Anytime you face an opponent that's higher than lvl 80, you should pray. They can hit 160+, and you can't eat fast enough to keep up with them.

99 dungeoneering achieved, thanks to everyone that celebrated with me!

♪♪ Don't interrupt me as I struggle to complete this thought
Have some respect for someone more forgetful than yourself ♪♪

♪♪ And I'm not done
And I won't be till my head falls off ♪♪

Anyone know where I can find people who have 55+ dungeoneering?

I don't like looking on worlds 1 and 3 because the dungeons have a slight lag for me due to all the traffic...

And check out my dungeoneering suggestion: http://forum.tip.it/topic/261412-dungeoneering-looking-for-group-suggestion-written-by-a-f2per/

zBSYE.png

^ Blog.

Zh0c4.gif

If only I actually had more playtime, I would have gotten more dungeoneering levels, lolz.

And for some reason, on the Abandoned floors, I keep encountering the Bulwark Beast, and I have never gotten the Unholy Cursebearer. Is there anything wrong?

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Actually, at the 80-89 combat range, it's the most effective for Dungeoneering. Not only can you kill monsters at a decent rate, but you still get full exp for the dungeons.

Apparently, it seems like there's three types of levels. One for the one's below 95, one for above 95, one for above 110.

I seem to get lower monsters with Sonic and Zhong, when I play with another level 110 friend. But yeah, difficulty of monsters contribute towards prestige.

And for some reason, on the Abandoned floors, I keep encountering the Bulwark Beast, and I have never gotten the Unholy Cursebearer. Is there anything wrong?

It's just you. I get Bulwark Beasts more in frozen floors, and I got two Cursebearers in Abandoned floors.

zuzmo.png

collio.png

[hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide]

Never gonna give you up.[/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide]

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

Apparently, it seems like there's three types of levels. One for the one's below 95, one for above 95, one for above 110.

I seem to get lower monsters with Sonic and Zhong, when I play with another level 110 friend. But yeah, difficulty of monsters contribute towards prestige.

When you played with that level 110 friend, were these kind of monsters far more common?

I'm going to say that playing a 5-man large (difficulty 5, of course) on furnished floors, all high levels, WILL grant a lot of high-level monsters, along with an extremely hard boss.

And I thought Jagex won't give any more high level content to F2Pers. :rolleyes:

It's just you. I get Bulwark Beasts more in frozen floors, and I got two Cursebearers in Abandoned floors.

You mean you don't get Bulwark Beasts as often in abandoned floors?

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

i hear ppl saying that longbow sight will not only improve accuracy, it also increase speed by 1, can anyone confirm this?

i had it myself also but not sure how to test it. count using game tick or second or ....?

from what i experienced, it is better to redo frozen and abandoned as quickly as possible (C1? maybe) then focus furnished floor on getting at least 2-3 man to get crazy exp.

btw, jagex really need to find a better way to find party. so far i been party with the few same ppl such as my friend and sonic.

I was busy this weekend.

1200 total level, 95 strength, 95 combat, all in one level. :mrgreen:

[hide=picture]

1200milestone.png

[/hide]

99 dungeoneering achieved, thanks to everyone that celebrated with me!

♪♪ Don't interrupt me as I struggle to complete this thought
Have some respect for someone more forgetful than yourself ♪♪

♪♪ And I'm not done
And I won't be till my head falls off ♪♪

from what i experienced, it is better to redo frozen and abandoned as quickly as possible (C1? maybe) then focus furnished floor on getting at least 2-3 man to get crazy exp.

btw, jagex really need to find a better way to find party. so far i been party with the few same ppl such as my friend and sonic.

Nah, it's best to finish all floors on complexity 6, and preferably with a duo partner in case you disconnect or something.

And about the party thing, well, at least we got you to party with us, right?

*is still looking for a 5-man team*

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

When you played with that level 110 friend, were these kind of monsters far more common?

There was like, nothing below 60 combat besides the room where there was 4 level 50s.

Is the maul better than the spear? I think it is. It does more damage and has higher crush attack then the spear's stab attack, making it more accurate. But when comparing speed.. I'm not sure.

zuzmo.png

collio.png

[hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide]

Never gonna give you up.[/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide]

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

The maul is slower than the spear, and to me, speed is somewhat of a viable factor. That's why I use spears - they are decently fast, powerful, and have all 3 styles.

My currently bound items are a spinebeam longbow, a fire staff, and 125 fractite arrows. Is this a good setup?

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

My currently bound items are a spinebeam longbow, a fire staff, and 125 fractite arrows. Is this a good setup?

it is according to your own preference, everyone starter items not same, as long as you can easily hit and rarely miss on mobs, then it is fine.

however, if you are going to make your own death runes and air runes, then why not make fire runes at the same times?

for someone that can craft own death runes, then it might be better off with spinebeam longbow, a melee weapon with good slash and (stab or crush) prefer with slash and stab although less mobs with weakness stab, since got magic that hit well armored mobs. then 125 fractite arrows.

most mini boss is about slightly stronger then actual boss, if no use prayer. but most boss is easier off with range and magic.

if anything, that's way too many arrows. you could probably afford to sell some arrows and get some armor. for the final boss you'll need some kind of armor especially if you don't have good prayer

monoclesmilecopy.jpg

if anything, that's way too many arrows. you could probably afford to sell some arrows and get some armor. for the final boss you'll need some kind of armor especially if you don't have good prayer

It automatically binds 125 arrows for you.

The spears versatility gives it a much greater advantage than any other weapon. Enough said.

Animorph_2.png

well, actually it is kind of the opposite, most boss will still hurt even though you wear the correct full armor, the boss can still hurt you even you on the protection prayer, the most important thing is that you prepared enough food.

The spears versatility gives it a much greater advantage than any other weapon. Enough said.

yes, spear is more versatile, however spear's slash bonus is not good while spear's crush bonus is still acceptable but most of the time it is fail to hit well armored warrior. (which is something Sonic, Plasma and me experienced, we 3 keep on miss on the warrior and prolong the time)

which is why weapon like longsword and battleaxe together with magic come into play.