The F2P General Discussion Thread

lionesshunt

I tried to aproximate the exp/hour making air runes in the dungeon and in 15 minutes I got just over 1k exp (at 75 RC). So the hourly rate should be around 4-5k exp/hour with air runes. In the 15 minutes, I started with ~50k, bought ess, made airs, sold them then did one more round and that brought me to 14 minutes. I can't really tell how the exp/hour will differ with more GP (depends on crafting time vs. selling time).

You do have to take into the consideration of buying and selling airs, and essence and repeat several times after you crafted them. Also try to approximate them by hour since your hand will get tired from all that clicking (it will be nice if they have a sell all instead of sell 50). Not to mentioned you have to raid the dungeon first to get that initial cash. I use the xp counter and just stay there for 1 hour, and I don't think it even exceed 2k (maybe I was off) after all those buying selling, crafting and repeat.

So I come down to the conclusion that its better to just rc out there in the altar overall.

Maybe I will try again with Fire and redo my math again to get a more approximate value.

PS: If you suddenly have a connection lost for more than minute, then you are kind of screwed, which happen to me several times already. If you raid dungeon alone I mean.

a happy Runescaper

Wait, fire runes don't make a profit down in the dungeons, do they?

They sell for 12gp a piece, but you can only craft 3x at max (70 rc).

What are you on about?

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

From now on, all future polls will be open to both members and free players! We really value the thoughts and opinions of all our players, and that’s why we want to enable all of you to tell us what you think. Our polling system automatically logs each voter’s member status, so we’ll always be able to take into account exactly how our members and free players feel about the questions we put to you.

And that’s not all... We’re also introducing a weekly prize draw for all poll participants! At the close of each poll, we’ll be picking one lucky participant at random and awarding them with one month of RuneScape membership! So, you click a couple of boxes to let us know what you think and we’ll give you a shot at some freebies. How’s that for a good deal?

http://services.runescape.com/m=news/c=tvoYZ25HYvE/newsitem.ws?id=2845&allcat=true

They don't announce winners, so I assume they just give membership right away, without warning whatsoever.

Quoting myself, just incase anyone else missed it. Just a warning for those you strictly want to stick with their F2P status (Water Is Nat, Sees All1 for example)

OT: If you continue to RC airs for awhile (30 minutes), game will automatically boot you out of dungeon for being too repeatative(sp?). I've done it with before.

zuzmo.png

collio.png

[hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide]

Never gonna give you up.[/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide]

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

It's not really that viable to RuneCraft in the Dungeons, even with a high-level of RuneCrafting. I tried it with my older character with 99 for the 10x Air boost and even then the selling and buying time just increases far too fast. (Although I did manage to get up to 2M GP in the Dungeon! :P)

A sell-all / buy-all function definitely shouldn't be introduced. At the higher-levels that would allow for incredibly easy access to afk'ing the RC'ing, even with the drastically-lowered experience rates, if the buying / selling time was almost non-existent it would be possible to have your character RC'ing for hours without much effort thanks to the profit at higher levels.

@PlasmaDog, The game didn't kick me out when I was doing it and I'm fairly certain I was doing it for at-least an hour. You would however get kicked out after the 6-hour limit otherwise, but of-course with the Dungeon's rejoin feature that's not too much of a limitation.

It's not really that viable to RuneCraft in the Dungeons, even with a high-level of RuneCrafting. I tried it with my older character with 99 for the 10x Air boost and even then the selling and buying time just increases far too fast. (Although I did manage to get up to 2M GP in the Dungeon! :P)

A sell-all / buy-all function definitely shouldn't be introduced. At the higher-levels that would allow for incredibly easy access to afk'ing the RC'ing, even with the drastically-lowered experience rates, if the buying / selling time was almost non-existent it would be possible to have your character RC'ing for hours without much effort thanks to the profit at higher levels.

@PlasmaDog, The game didn't kick me out when I was doing it and I'm fairly certain I was doing it for at-least an hour. You would however get kicked out after the 6-hour limit otherwise, but of-course with the Dungeon's rejoin feature that's not too much of a limitation.

Move the air runes to the lowest spot on your inventory... turn on 1 click... turn on mousekeys.... spam '5' and click fast as you can...

You'll burn through all your airs in no time. Buying ess is slower than selling airs.

99 dungeoneering achieved, thanks to everyone that celebrated with me!

♪♪ Don't interrupt me as I struggle to complete this thought
Have some respect for someone more forgetful than yourself ♪♪

♪♪ And I'm not done
And I won't be till my head falls off ♪♪

Move the air runes to the lowest spot on your inventory... turn on 1 click... turn on mousekeys.... spam '5' and click fast as you can...

You'll burn through all your airs in no time. Buying ess is slower than selling airs.

Oh yea - I did that, thanks for the tip though. ;) Still, even with that - selling 200k or so Air runes, 50 at a time, takes awhile. :P Obviously you have the increased profit at higher levels, but you also (at 99) have 10 selling processes for every 1 buying process.

You know what? After my first 5:5 large map, I think I'm better off doing 2:2 or 3:3 medium maps...

There were so many tough monsters clumped together in a room, not to mention some of the team members aren't really cooperating well...

Not to mention a system update occurred halfway through the dungeon.

/me hates difficulty 5 maps on large. :wall:

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

The first 5 means the amount of players in your party, and the second 5 means the difficulty you chose.

In this case, 5:5 means 5 players, difficulty 5.

Difficulty 5 is just too much for my liking. :ohnoes:

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

The first 5 means the amount of players in your party, and the second 5 means the difficulty you chose.

In this case, 5:5 means 5 players, difficulty 5.

Difficulty 5 is just too much for my liking. :ohnoes:

Actually, no, the second 5 means that when you choice the amount of players (although they will always all come in) you get less xp if you pick for example, 4:5 (or 5:4, not sure how it was rounded) so if you pick 4, instead of 5 (and you have 5 players) you get like 10% bonus xp instead of 19%

sig312.png

angel2w.gif

Actually, no, the second 5 means that when you choice the amount of players (although they will always all come in) you get less xp if you pick for example, 4:5 (or 5:4, not sure how it was rounded) so if you pick 4, instead of 5 (and you have 5 players) you get like 10% bonus xp instead of 19%

Dragon, you are just confused. rahzaM say is almost correct.

from tip.it

Difficulty: On solo raids, difficulty will not affect you. For group raids, the size of this bonus will depend on what dungeon difficulty you set. The higher the difficulty of the dungeon compared to the size of your group, the higher your modifier

so, basically the higher difficulty you choose the harder mobs is, and if one of you party member leave, you might not able to open all bonus door or boss door and resulting had to leave the dungeon.

Is it worth it to always do the highest difficulty possible, or is it better to tone it down a bit?

Say, is 5:4 a better option than 5:5?

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Just a heads up, guys. It's possible to do the ferret puzzle (The one you catch the ferret, not fishing stuff) in F2P. I did it yesterday.

All you need is 5 players, 4 to block each exit, 1 to catch the Ferret. It's also possible to do with 3/4 people if you're lucky.

zuzmo.png

collio.png

[hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide]

Never gonna give you up.[/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide]

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

Just a heads up, guys. It's possible to do the ferret puzzle (The one you catch the ferret, not fishing stuff) in F2P. I did it yesterday.

All you need is 5 players, 4 to block each exit, 1 to catch the Ferret. It's also possible to do with 3/4 people if you're lucky.

Waaaaat.

Doesn't catching the ferret require hunter, therefore "You are unable to catch the ferret."?

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Waaaaat.

Doesn't catching the ferret require hunter, therefore "You are unable to catch the ferret."?

In P2P you need a cage to catch the ferret. But a group of smart F2Pers can catch it still. :) My friend did it with 1 hunter.

zuzmo.png

collio.png

In P2P you need a cage to catch the ferret. But a group of smart F2Pers can catch it still. :) My friend did it with 1 hunter.

Is it possible for solo players though, by spam-clicking the ferret?

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Waaaaat.

yup, so far i only encounter it twice, but i also had the same thing Sonic say. however Plasma say it can to me in private message at runescape.

last time i remember i can catch it with 2 ppl medium size, its minimum requirement is 2 ppl, you just need to be smart. but still, "you are unable to catch it".

Is it possible for solo players though, by spam-clicking the ferret?

Wa, LOL ?

What I mean is, is it possible to catch the ferret if you continue to click on it (therefore continuing to chase after it)?

It seems plausible, but I'm not sure.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

What I mean is, is it possible to catch the ferret if you continue to click on it (therefore continuing to chase after it)?

I can confirm it's not possible. At the very LEAST you need 2 people.

The message you get from catching the ferret is "You manage to catch the ferret and break it's magical necklace." Or something like that,

zuzmo.png

collio.png

I can confirm it's not possible. At the very LEAST you need 2 people.

The message you get from catching the ferret is "You manage to catch the ferret and break it's magical necklace." Or something like that,

Not quite true Plasma - perhaps they've updated? ;) I just encountered the ferret puzzle for the first time soloing today and after a bit of chasing got this :- Image.

It is possible to catch up with it on solo - with a bit of trickery (:P), however - you do get a message requiring 'X' hunter level if you don't have it. It does require you to get lucky with positioning, avoiding it seeing you and being able to get ~2 tiles away from it before it starts moving.

Later misclicked and stupidly ran into the Librarimancer with only melee-combat...Even more annoying is that it was such a close fight!

libraro.png

I'm betting one of those 5 players had the required Hunter level.

zBSYE.png

^ Blog.

Zh0c4.gif

I'm betting one of those 5 players had the required Hunter level.

Yeah. Bonus rooms ALWAYS have a level requirement, so one of the players has the hunter level.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog