The F2P General Discussion Thread

lionesshunt

Loud applause and congratiolations for Devilstator for being the first free player with 99 Dungeoneering since today!

=D> =D> =D>

lvl 3? :grin:

99 dungeoneering achieved, thanks to everyone that celebrated with me!

♪♪ Don't interrupt me as I struggle to complete this thought
Have some respect for someone more forgetful than yourself ♪♪

♪♪ And I'm not done
And I won't be till my head falls off ♪♪

Nope, he's level 98.

Seems to be at daemonheim whenever i'm there in w61 :P

sounds like he's in bed with mason, pixiiii, d ungeoneer, and imbued luck. :wink:

♪♪ And I'm not done

Played yesterday for the first time in over 2 and a half years. I just want to know what some of the stuff I should try out. I already have the Lumby diary done, tried FOG, and gotten to level 18 dung. The last time I played I did the December 2007 event. What else has been given to F2P? I haven't tried GOP yet, is it a good way to train Runecraft?

Forum Updates & Suggestions <------ Let your voice be heard!
Forum Games <------- Coolest place on Tip.It
Tip.It Forum Rules <------- Read them!

GOP is mainly for rewards (talisman staff for F2P in particular), although you do get a bunch of free essence after every round that you can chuck at the altar while waiting for the next round.

The only other new thing I can think of off the top of my head would be increased iron smelting success. :P

Oh, right, the Blood Pact quest. It's near Lumbridge and I think they used it as practice for testing the modeling on Dungeoneering rooms. It's a really low level quest, but you can go deeper after the quest and steal a bunch of artifacts (which can be sold to the quest giver) while assembling the necromancer's mask for a new costume item. (The parts are dropped by various monsters in the area.)

Other than that I'd continue to mess around in the dungeoneering area because it's really, really big.

8f14270694.jpg

Loud applause and congratiolations for Devilstator for being the first free player with 99 Dungeoneering since today!

=D> =D> =D>

Nope, he is not at all that cheating lvl 3 skiller and yes he got indeed level 99 and not 98 as suggested. He's not in bed with mason, pixiiii, d ungeoneer, imbued luck or whatever. I guess i've just met some jealous players here. -.-

greedy44.png

I'm debating on what to spend on for GOP tokens...

Talisman staff, ess, or water talismans? :unsure:

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

GOP is mainly for rewards (talisman staff for F2P in particular), although you do get a bunch of free essence after every round that you can chuck at the altar while waiting for the next round.

The only other new thing I can think of off the top of my head would be increased iron smelting success. :P

Oh, right, the Blood Pact quest. It's near Lumbridge and I think they used it as practice for testing the modeling on Dungeoneering rooms. It's a really low level quest, but you can go deeper after the quest and steal a bunch of artifacts (which can be sold to the quest giver) while assembling the necromancer's mask for a new costume item. (The parts are dropped by various monsters in the area.)

Other than that I'd continue to mess around in the dungeoneering area because it's really, really big.

Blood Pact took all of 5 minutes, but I never went deeper after the quest. I'll look into that later.

=D> =D> =D>

Nope, he is not at all that cheating lvl 3 skiller and yes he got indeed level 99 and not 98 as suggested. He's not in bed with mason, pixiiii, d ungeoneer, imbued luck or whatever. I guess i've just met some jealous players here. -.-

Not jealous. And if you think the skillers cheat, the lvl 90+'s that host them cheat too. They leech, we host.

I'm guessing I've dungeoneered a couple times with him, since I use w61 too. In fact, he's prolly in the same dungeoneering CC that I was in for some time (poemm). Its pretty good at matching players for dungeoneering, especially to lvl 3's.

♪♪ And I'm not done

=D> =D> =D>

Not jealous. And if you think the skillers cheat, the lvl 90+'s that host them cheat too. They leech, we host.

I'm guessing I've dungeoneered a couple times with him, since I use w61 too. In fact, he's prolly in the same dungeoneering CC that I was in for some time (poemm). Its pretty good at matching players for dungeoneering, especially to lvl 3's.

What are you suggesting here? You can't say 'good for him, he's first'?

greedy44.png

getting closer and closer to 1k total :thumbsup: .

once i get p2p this acc will be a pker what sounds better. a max tank with divine + soul split or a 70 99 70 70 pray dh brid

the tank is gona take a crap tone of cash to train + get the items. the dh brid is kinda accurate but lower def at around the same cb as the tank so i cant tank as well + with 70 att you can hit alot of 0s :wall:

What are you suggesting here? You can't say 'good for him, he's first'?

I told him that in game, actually.

Not much point to my post, to be honest. Just chatter. :wink:

♪♪ And I'm not done

I just noticed something odd with how the high-level penalty works...

On F32, I did a duo med with a player similar to my level (88?). There was 1 door that we couldn't open (68 magic), and I died once from the shadow-forger (level 100-ish). I got about 11k exp.

On F33, I did a duo med with Pinkbullet3 (108 combat). We opened all doors, the dungeon had more rooms than the previous, I did not die, and the boss was the Unholy Cursebearer (level 70-ish). I got about 7k exp.

Both of these, we killed all monsters and opened as many rooms as we can. I had prestige 31 for both of these, and they were both undone.

Is it due to Pink's combat level, or is it due to the type of boss? That's what's kinda stumbling me atm. :unsure:

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

Yes I've noticed that. Not a lot of things are likely to be free play, though.

Now, can someone please answer my above question?

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

*Level 109.

I have yet to figure out how you got 4k less exp. after duoing with me... :blink: I guess that means your dungeoneering career with 100+ players is over.

:(

Did we at least finish ours faster than your previous one? Like I said in the dungeon, I like to go fast. :D

zBSYE.png

^ Blog.

Zh0c4.gif

I'm debating on what to spend on for GOP tokens...

Talisman staff, ess, or water talismans? :unsure:

Talisman staff is a waste of money at 10,000 tokens, if you bought 10,000 rune essence instead and sold them on the GE for 82 gp each (current market price) that's 820K for an item that's basically for show. Water talismans are 50 tokens so for 10,000 tokens you get 200 talismans which makes for 1,223,800 gp which is the most money you can get.

*Level 109.

I have yet to figure out how you got 4k less exp. after duoing with me... :blink: I guess that means your dungeoneering career with 100+ players is over.

:(

Did we at least finish ours faster than your previous one? Like I said in the dungeon, I like to go fast. :D

The game thinks sonic was leeching off a high lvl player and probably gave some penalty. just my theory

But another theory of mine is that the base and prestige xp of a floor depends on how many rooms you open. Not all dungeons are created equal. Some small ones have 12 rooms max, while others might have the full 16. So another guess is that, when sonic was playing with the lvl 88, they unlocked close to 32 rooms, except one, and with pinkbullet, you unlocked maybe 25 or so.

Again, these are all just conjectures. I'd love to dungeon with any of you.

100% F2P

85 Mining achieved on Dec 4, 2007

85 Smithing achieved on May 28, 2009

anim7.png

My new video on the Maple Longbow (sighted) at clan wars. Give it a view if you're wondering how crazy it is ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HCC2B-rXVcY

I also defeated ZAAAM with Larlesiennex, 10v35 -> 10v0. Nobody died.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWTfpFhJ524

jOi7G.png

~PM me and I'll do my best to make you a signature!~

If your combat level averages out to higher than 90, you'll get half the experience.

I also believe that prestige and base experience are calculated to be the total number of rooms unlocked out of the maximum - in a small, its out of 16; in a medium, its out of 32; in a large, its out of 64. I've never done a large dungeon without a members only room. I've done medium dungeons that have given me more (and faster) total experience than large dungeons - the best medium dungeoneering experience I ever got was 25k, the best large duneoneering experience I ever got was 40k.

I've also found that players tend to lag out or log out more during large raids, and getting from one side of the dungeon to the next is a royal pain in the ass.

Also - you don't get less experience for having a lower combat level, you get more. Level 3's ALWAYS get more dungeoneering experience than I do. So if anything, Sonic would have gotten more.

♪♪ And I'm not done

GOP is an alright minigame. I'm getting a set of the green mage robes right now. Had to grind out 50 RC the last 3 days though. I'm tired of the earth alter now. <_<

Heh heh pink. Unlike other skills, I dungeoneer for fun, not for experience, so no, my career with 100+ players is not over. ;)

Besides, as I've basically said over and over so many times, I'm becoming a member soon (which will obviously be more fun), so this won't matter at all.

And I see, over 90 average... perhaps that's why. The dungeon I did with pink, we had 29 rooms total, while the one with the level 88 had 25 or so. (Not counting the magic 68 room.)

And I already have an air talisman staff. >.<" I basically wasted something that I should have used for membership - the omni-talisman staff. But you can't use it for the Law altar. That sucks.

I guess I'll just use my tokens on essence. I don't want to crash water talismans, and they are already doing horrible selling.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

I guess I'll just use my tokens on essence. I don't want to crash water talismans, and they are already doing horrible selling.

I think I'm going to buy a buncha water talis and wait for the next XP weekend. You could buy water talis and use it for summoning later. :thumbup:

♪♪ And I'm not done

And I already have an air talisman staff. >.<" I basically wasted something that I should have used for membership - the omni-talisman staff. But you can't use it for the Law altar. That sucks.

Omni Tiara > Omni Talisman Staff. ;)

[404] Signature not found.