The F2P General Discussion Thread

lionesshunt

Bought a Gravite 2H and a Gravite rapier. I'm never going to train with rune again. :thumbsup:

99 dungeoneering achieved, thanks to everyone that celebrated with me!

♪♪ Don't interrupt me as I struggle to complete this thought
Have some respect for someone more forgetful than yourself ♪♪

♪♪ And I'm not done
And I won't be till my head falls off ♪♪

Lets not get carried away here. The new upcoming updates might not be what we are expecting. There will be flaws. I try my best to resist jumping to conclusions from the BTS, so that when the update does happen, I wont be that surprised. Knowing jagex, we free players might get shorted in some way

But we are going to get something. And I can't wait to see what.

Hell, I honestly doubt we're going to get that level 166 dragon but that doesn't stop speculating and hoping. It'd be straight out stupid if they made a Woodcutting dungeon in Edgeville.

Owner of a comp cape since February 11th 2012.

Lets not get carried away here. The new upcoming updates might not be what we are expecting. There will be flaws. I try my best to resist jumping to conclusions from the BTS, so that when the update does happen, I wont be that surprised. Knowing jagex, we free players might get shorted in some way

Hell, I honestly doubt we're going to get that level 166 dragon but that doesn't stop speculating and hoping. It'd be straight out stupid if they made a Woodcutting dungeon in Edgeville.

Well, that will stop Wc bots anyway, because it's almost impossible to bot dungeoneering.

La Vallett1

A.k.a. "Nostalgic Vallett"

What's been said must be done.

Well, that will stop Wc bots anyway, because it's almost impossible to bot dungeoneering.

There's a bot for everything else, and the concepts involved in dungeoneering aren't groundbreaking.

Some of the bonus rooms already have bots (maze, follow the leader), and others wouldn't be too difficult to figure out. Couple that with the fact that (nearly) all monsters in there are aggressive, and you can have five "teammates" working at once, I'd say its very possible to bot it.

Just give it enough time and they'll have an AI good enough.

♪♪ And I'm not done

Bought a Gravite 2H and a Gravite rapier. I'm never going to train with rune again. :thumbsup:

until you 10 hours are up, then what :ohnoes:

I'll pay 1m and train another 10 hours... and its not really 10 hours, but 10k hits.

♪♪ And I'm not done

dungeoneering update delayed 1 week, i love when this happens. at least i have more time to get tokesn to upgrade my ring.

I wouldn't be surprised if the class rings are members only.

dungeoneering update delayed 1 week, i love when this happens. at least i have more time to get tokesn to upgrade my ring.

Nah, they will be F2P, unless they expand on them more.

Animorph_2.png

They might only be partly F2P, e.g. you can only upgrade to level 5 instead of 10.

[404] Signature not found.

They might only be partly F2P, e.g. you can only upgrade to level 5 instead of 10.

Grrrr....you beat me to it while I was finding the pic :twisted:

Anyway....I agree that the rings will probably only be half for F2P. I mean, we get half of the armours so I would say Jagex will give us 5 of 10 of the upgrades.

2346467645.jpg

I don't mind really, as long the updates can makes training easier or less bugs to deal with.

For some odd reasons, I am moving very slowly in the dungeons, perhaps because I like to solo and spend too much time pick up stuff..... I wish they haven't nerf the xp for RC and high lvl f2p. Otherwise, I would stay there all day long just making air runes for hours on end...lol

Don't know how those guys achieve lvl 100+ as F2P.

a happy Runescaper

I always said that when I was training in the SoS. Eventually I reached level 100 combat. o_o

He means 100+ dungeoneering.

Oh :s

I always said that when I was training in the SoS. Eventually I reached level 100 combat. o_o

Lvl 100 combat F2p isn't hard, I think most players can hit that mark in one month from lvl 3 if they knew what they were doing and train a lot during this time.

lvl 120 Dungeoneering on the other hand is a bit insane, I am used to doing all the training myself, so if it means team up with others to get fast xp, its a bit hard for me. You would have to find clans or people as dedicated as you are and go dungeon raids as often as you can.

I was going to say RC is the hardest skill in F2P (without any assist or mini games, just purely making runes by running back and forth) But dungeoneering set a whole new level for it, at least its quite enjoyable compare to RC.

a happy Runescaper

2346467645.jpg

Is it just me or are those bonuses kind of horrible?

No weapon can do all stab, slash and crush while either being one-handed, in accurate stance or in aggressive stance.

Which means if you want those bonuses, spear is out, and you'd always need a one-hander for stab attacks.

Dungeoneering already has a decent XP/h rate. Imagine the XP you get for completing a dungeon with ~F60 prestige.

Decent assuming partying and finding groups fast.

Solo exp is insulting and trying to find a group is, very annoying.

greenmelf.png

Dungeoneering already has a decent XP/h rate. Imagine the XP you get for completing a dungeon with ~F60 prestige.

Really? Thanked god, I was getting really impatient with some of the rooms I couldn't explore or due to to non member limitation, and that tend to cut down quite few chunk of bonus xp.

a happy Runescaper

I don't mind really, as long the updates can makes training easier or less bugs to deal with.

For some odd reasons, I am moving very slowly in the dungeons, perhaps because I like to solo and spend too much time pick up stuff..... I wish they haven't nerf the xp for RC and high lvl f2p. Otherwise, I would stay there all day long just making air runes for hours on end...lol

Otherwise, I would stay there all day long just making air runes for hours on end

Thats exactly why they nerfed that.

For some odd reasons, I am moving very slowly in the dungeons, perhaps because I like to solo and spend too much time pick up stuff

Don't pick stuff up thats not useful?

In the early levels <25, it is very slow.

It gets better after 50.

100% F2P

85 Mining achieved on Dec 4, 2007

85 Smithing achieved on May 28, 2009

anim7.png

Hai everybody! It's been a month while I posted here, which is due to me being dazzled in the world of members (on a different account lolz). :P

Anyways, about those Dungeoneering stuff you guys were wondering about.

Dungeoneering is about 15k exp/hour, assuming you always partner up and do meds and average 90+ combat. With larges, you MIGHT get more if you manage to rush the whole thing, but I don't have enough experience for that.

If you solo, it's only about 10k exp/hour when I do it. Takes probably 15-20min to do a floor, and at 34 prestige I get 2k-4k exp per floor.

It doesn't matter if you're high-leveled Dunging or not. Your prestige has got to be high (25+) to receive good exp, and even then, it really only shines in the later floors.

But in the end, since Dungeoneering is meant to be a fundom skill (to me anyway), it doesn't matter if the exp is low or not. As long as it's an awesome skill, it shines greatly for me. :)

Also, I don't see how Runecrafting is so tedious to level up (though it might be because I'm an rc lover, hehe). Prayer, Ranged, and Smithing are easily as hard.

And I know this doesn't connect to F2P, but Hunter fails. Yeah. <_<

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention