The F2P General Discussion Thread

lionesshunt

For those wondering about the class rings maybe becoming at least partly f2p. Sorry looks like its not going to happen. The faq on the forums clearly states that it will not become f2p.

Quickfind code: 164,165,913,61341177

Melencholy.png

Questcape first achieved: Sept 20, 2009
99 agility march 11th 2010

99 Magic - some point in 2012

The deposit box right next to iron in falador= complete bull**** whoever had that idea needs to die.

^THANK YOU.

Unfortunately, as I do whatever is most efficient for me, I may train there (though if it gets too crowded and I have to go back to rim, I doubt I'll really complain)....I'd just prefer they stopped making f2p SO much easier >.<

@Central: I didn't crash in that one, but the game screen froze if I stayed in the Dwarf mine one. I think it froze 3 times, but if not, definitely 2.

-----

Also, if anyone would like to check out my suggestion for a Smithing Guild :3...Quick find code: 185-186-915-61172829

Sorry, since it's not complete yet, and it's not as formal as some of my other threads that I've made and take more seriously than others...But so far, I imagine it to be f2p, as none of it seems to be "good" enough to be mems only, really...I am being unbiased about it, but there's really no reason for any of it to be mems only from what I have atm...

Cpchris.png

Cpchris.png

Cpchris.png

You know what's hard to find?

Level 3's that can dunge with you. In fact, I went on w61 once and ran F34 with two level 3s, a level 92, and a level 108. I got 40k. I'm trying to replicate that, but it's really hard to find teammates in w61 because they're all elitist.

(Overstatement.)

And I find it hard to find combat partners :P

Zanty.jpegsigquotes.png

You know what's hard to find?

Level 3's that can dunge with you. In fact, I went on w61 once and ran F34 with two level 3s, a level 92, and a level 108. I got 40k. I'm trying to replicate that, but it's really hard to find teammates in w61 because they're all elitist.

(Overstatement.)

And I find it hard to find combat partners :P

:lol:

zBSYE.png

^ Blog.

Zh0c4.gif

Rune rocks are awesome. You can alch/mine/superheat while waiting for the spawn. It does get awfully crowded but i guess that is expected.

Maples are f2p!! Woot. Idk about the speed against willows, but thanks jagex.

Hill giants = prayer. So, this is good.

More lessers. We already have enough. But the imps are good for tallies I guess.

The place with the deposit box!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WTF were they thinking???????????

It should at least be 65 dung to enter. Its way overpowered and now almost anyone can insta-bank their iron. Not cool.

100% F2P

85 Mining achieved on Dec 4, 2007

85 Smithing achieved on May 28, 2009

anim7.png

The place with the deposit box!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WTF were they thinking???????????

It should at least be 65 dung to enter. Its way overpowered and now almost anyone can insta-bank their iron. Not cool.

It's way faster than dropping ores, lol.

Question:

Mining xp per hour dropping iron ores?

f203f1850c.png

Question:

Mining xp per hour dropping iron ores?

Power mining

Also known as drop mining, this is where a player fills their inventory with ores, drops them all, and repeats. While this method of mining allows players to raise their Mining level quickly, dropping a whole inventory of ores can take some time. Also, by using this method, a player would be missing out on Smithing experience or money from selling the ore. Another method of power mining is to drop an ore just as another ore is mined, allowing players to mine while dropping ores at nearly the same speed as mining without dropping ores. Some mining spots for:

- Free-to-play- Power mining iron is a popular way to quickly raise levels in free-to-play. Good locations include the Hobgoblin Mine (located in levels 29-31 wilderness) and the Al-Kharid (Scorpion) Mine. Other good locations are in the Rimmington Mine, as this area is usually deserted. Mining and dropping iron can lead to around 20000 exp an hour. However, the Dwarven Mine is not as good for lower levelled players, as there are level 14 Scorpions and two level 32 King Scorpions which are aggressive towards players under level 65.

Sound about right?

zBSYE.png

^ Blog.

Zh0c4.gif

Brought this up in a previous topic I found in Help and Advice, I was just wondering what you guys suggest as far as money making in F2P goes. I recently started playing again, and finding the vast amount of updates in P2P extremely overwhelming, I decided to stick to F2P. Anyway, I'm aware skilling is always a reliable source of incoming, but what and where specifically do you guys think is best?

IrreIephant.png

|Msg me me in-game | IrreIephant|

^ capital i

I'm getting 30k xp an hour with the deposit box.

I'm thinking iron ore crash?

Very likely. I bet Jagex placed the deposit box/dungeon there to make the price of iron ores go down. If I remember correctly, they were only about 100 coins each last summer. :blink:

Owner of a comp cape since February 11th 2012.

Rune rocks are awesome. You can alch/mine/superheat while waiting for the spawn. It does get awfully crowded but i guess that is expected.

More lessers. We already have enough. But the imps are good for tallies I guess.

What's wrong with bank deposit box? The price of iron ore currently is way over priced anyways, they were about 100 ea (75ea when I started) before the crazy inflation. Its a good idea if you want train mining fast, or simply deposit your coal from mining guild. In fact, get your fire and nat runes, mine the iron ore, then go to guild mine the coal and superheat and dump the steel bar in the deposit box, the possibility of staying there until both smith and mining hit 99 is a good idea if you ask me.

The fact that all those new (anything happen within recent 2 years) updates are making F2P a lot more easier should be under "what were they thinking????"....................Try RS in earlier time like 2004 to 2006, I don't even know how most of us manage to achieve what we did back then

a happy Runescaper

Brought this up in a previous topic I found in Help and Advice, I was just wondering what you guys suggest as far as money making in F2P goes. I recently started playing again, and finding the vast amount of updates in P2P extremely overwhelming, I decided to stick to F2P. Anyway, I'm aware skilling is always a reliable source of incoming, but what and where specifically do you guys think is best?

Skilling to save large amount of cash, and then merchant with them.

Skilling would include fishing, wood cutting, mining, etc etc. I recommend try each one and calculate how many xp/cash per hour. Find the one that gives you best cash or xp rate or both. then stick with it. once you generate enough cash, then merchant in GE. I find WC and fishing to be easiest, given that they don't need too much attention, iron ore is good for skilling and cash for now, before the price drop I guess.

However, since I don't merchant, hopefully some guys here can give you tips on those. I have a F2P friend who just make steel bar and use that cash to merchant, from santa hats to masks, and lastly to phat, pretty wild achievement consider he is a F2P (and his stat weren't really high compare to high F2P). But anyone start from nothing to a yellow phat back in 2006 was pretty good if you ask me. (Now he has like few santa hat, set of masks, and few phats, and only play like one hour each day to observe the market, or trade when necessary)

a happy Runescaper

Yea, I found that little spot on my own yesterday, it's looking very promising... 30k xp an hour, and the cash is nice too...for now :P

IrreIephant.png

|Msg me me in-game | IrreIephant|

^ capital i

The way I see it, Jagex is starting to realize that the only way to 'fix' this insane hyperinflation that happened since last summer is to increase supply. These resource dungeons are a good way to do that..

Dwarven Mine - Deposit box near iron ore and coal, even those addy rocks. This may actually inspire me to mine. I timed the ores / hour mining iron at Varrock West banking and I could get max 500/hour. So that was like 18k exp and 100k GP per hour. Now, if the 30k exp/hour someone already stated is accurate, that means it is over 200k GP/h which is one of the better F2P money makers. At ~70 F2P worlds and 1k ore per hour (assuming the ore will aways be occupied which I think it will) then there will be 1.7M iron ore per day banked that would normally be dropped. With an average of 6.67M iron ores traded per day (much of that being traded between merchants) that is more then enough to make at least a small crash.

Edgeville Dungeon - This is a much needed addition of extra hill giants for F2P combat money makers. For years that cave has been packed with players and finally there are more spots to kill. The impact on big bones won't be huge, but I think it will be noticable at least. Now...limpwurt roots. Someone has said that they were making 450k/hour picking up the roots.By far the best money maker other then rune mining. If the profit falls to 200k/hour (which would still be very high for F2P) then that means limps would have halved in price which is HUGE. Strength potions may actually be worthwhile to use training like I used to do when they were 1k ea.

Karamja Volcano - I have not been here yet, but more training spots is never a bad thing.

Daemonheim Penninsula - First F2P maple trees ever!!!!! I will have to do a test sample to see if they are worthwhile exp. Banks are far away so power cutting will have to be the method, but at least it's another semi-secluded F2P WC spot. I will edit in the exp/h when I do the test.

EDIT: The exp/hour I keep getting is 35k/h and the more tests I do, the closer to this number I get. The only F2P place that gets more then this is willows at Rimmington (selling to GenStore).

Mining Guild - More addy and mith ores. Even some rune which I didn't see myself because it had been mined already. Close to a bank, near coal, looks like a great mining-for-profit spot.

At first i like wow, but yup, it is the only way to fix the inflation. but it is really needed to fight the inflation. but it wont last long i think.

put large resources in f2p is better then p2p worlds, where people will always keep getting the resources.

hilly really make no different, since i been training at wilderness hilly for years now. many people think it is danger, but it is totally not true, safe spot is just seconds away.

however, limpwurt roots is really a good start to reduce price like strength potions.

the trees are good for training WC and FM there, since far from bank.

2 more RC lvl and i will back to dungeoneering :) it feel like taking forever........

The way I see it, Jagex is starting to realize that the only way to 'fix' this insane hyperinflation that happened since last summer is to increase supply. These resource dungeons are a good way to do that..

Dwarven Mine - Deposit box near iron ore and coal, even those addy rocks. This may actually inspire me to mine. I timed the ores / hour mining iron at Varrock West banking and I could get max 500/hour. So that was like 18k exp and 100k GP per hour. Now, if the 30k exp/hour someone already stated is accurate, that means it is over 200k GP/h which is one of the better F2P money makers. At ~70 F2P worlds and 1k ore per hour (assuming the ore will aways be occupied which I think it will) then there will be 1.7M iron ore per day banked that would normally be dropped. With an average of 6.67M iron ores traded per day (much of that being traded between merchants) that is more then enough to make at least a small crash.

Edgeville Dungeon - This is a much needed addition of extra hill giants for F2P combat money makers. For years that cave has been packed with players and finally there are more spots to kill. The impact on big bones won't be huge, but I think it will be noticable at least. Now...limpwurt roots. Someone has said that they were making 450k/hour picking up the roots.By far the best money maker other then rune mining. If the profit falls to 200k/hour (which would still be very high for F2P) then that means limps would have halved in price which is HUGE. Strength potions may actually be worthwhile to use training like I used to do when they were 1k ea.

Karamja Volcano - I have not been here yet, but more training spots is never a bad thing.

Daemonheim Penninsula - First F2P maple trees ever!!!!! I will have to do a test sample to see if they are worthwhile exp. Banks are far away so power cutting will have to be the method, but at least it's another semi-secluded F2P WC spot. I will edit in the exp/h when I do the test.

Mining Guild - More addy and mith ores. Even some rune which I didn't see myself because it had been mined already. Close to a bank, near coal, looks like a great mining-for-profit spot.

I still think part of the problem (with ore prices) is that they seemed to have purposefully made mining very player unfriendly (compared to the other gathering skills).

Mining is very tedious, having to click a new rock for every ore.

Mining sites never have enough rocks to accommodate many people. Need 3 iron rock per person or 6+ coal rocks per person.

Rocks in mining sites are normally in quite inefficient layouts.

Gold and silver respawn times are unnecessarily long.

(and as with all gathering skills, chance of getting highly level resources with high levels scales horribly.)

All mining rocks such be concentrated, sans multi-ore chance.

(except maybe runite rocks)

Maples; 85 woodcutting, 10 minutes, 6100 exp, no competition at all.

Not a very large sample, but a start.

greenmelf.png

I still think part of the problem (with ore prices) is that they seemed to have purposefully made mining very player unfriendly (compared to the other gathering skills).

Mining is very tedious, having to click a new rock for every ore.

Mining sites never have enough rocks to accommodate many people. Need 3 iron rock per person or 6+ coal rocks per person.

Rocks in mining sites are normally in quite inefficient layouts.

Gold and silver respawn times are unnecessarily long.

(and as with all gathering skills, chance of getting highly level resources with high levels scales horribly.)

All mining rocks such be concentrated, sans multi-ore chance.

(except maybe runite rocks)

Maples; 85 woodcutting, 10 minutes, 6100 exp, no competition at all.

Not a very large sample, but a start.

I agree, mining is still not as player-friendly as it should be, but these new updates will at least lessen the hatred I had for it.

As for maples, with 99 WC, I timed for 30 minutes recalculating ever 5 mins and it seems like I always came up with 35k exp/h which brings it just a bit short of the 40k/h you can get at Rimmington willows. Of course, I am on a laptop so dropping was really slow, I'm sure with good timing you could get 40k/h at maples. A player there was banking at Daemonheim and he could get back a little later then when I finished dropping, so I'd assume with banking it's upwards of 30k exp/h which is on par with cutting yews at Edge when it's fairly empty. With maple prices at 50 GP ea, that's 150k GP/hour which is really good for F2P.

The prestige system ruins dungeoneering for me.

Getting horrible exp from lower floor compared to higher floors make it much less fun and encouraging.

Having to spend ridiculous amounts of time trying to find a party for the floor you want/need is extremely annoying and makes me not want to do the skill at all.

Having soloing be terrible exp compared to partying makes the above point even worse because soloing a high level floor is a complete waste of exp potential.

And when batch 2 adds more floor (possibly f2p) it's just make the whole thing even worse.

Look at WoW's random dungeon system; why can't dungeoneering have something like that?

Select desired size and difficulty.

Enter queue for dungeon.

Selects people in queue from any world with the same highest floor unlocked that want same size and difficulty.

Randomly picks a floor everyone in party has unlocked.

Scales monsters to what they would be in the highest floor they all have unlocked.

Does not count towards prestige completion of floor.

Calculates exp based what it would be for the highest floor they have unlocked, prestige not used in exp calculations at all.

greenmelf.png

The fact that all those new (anything happen within recent 2 years) updates are making F2P a lot more easier should be under "what were they thinking????"....................Try RS in earlier time like 2004 to 2006, I don't even know how most of us manage to achieve what we did back then

I played during that time...And TBH, I really didn't get very far...My earliest skills screenshot is from just after the HD update though, and my skills were even lower than they are now, my highest being 71 str I think. Nothing else over 70, or even 65 I don't think....But I was also a noob who thought 99s were impossible for me to get...It wasn't until after GOP came out, succeeded in it, and started going for 99 smithing that I realized all any 99 took was dedication...That being said, any of my skills easily could have been higher, and it wasn't a matter of anything being easier...

Still, I wish all the skills in f2p were just as hard now as they were during that time...Mems can have all the updates they want, I just want f2p to stay challenging and rewarding :3

Sadly though, I held off on mining, which I originally planned to go for after 99 smith/mage...What I really wanted from 99 mining was to get a 99 from essentially the last f2p skill that hadn't been made easier in a very very long time (before I played)...And now it's too late...I honestly wouldn't care nearly as much if they made this update AFTER I got 99 mining (though I still wouldn't have liked it much), but now I've failed and I hate it with the deepest intensity...

It's also troubling to know that this could have been prevented if Jagex hadn't done other stupid things first...

And again, anyone wanna check out my RSOF thread ;3?

Cpchris.png

Cpchris.png

Cpchris.png

What's wrong with bank deposit box? The price of iron ore currently is way over priced anyways, they were about 100 ea (75ea when I started) before the crazy inflation. Its a good idea if you want train mining fast, or simply deposit your coal from mining guild. In fact, get your fire and nat runes, mine the iron ore, then go to guild mine the coal and superheat and dump the steel bar in the deposit box, the possibility of staying there until both smith and mining hit 99 is a good idea if you ask me.

There's always two sides to every trade. Prices are what they are and reflect the market's supply and demand. Not complaining about that at all.

It just seems like almost anyone can bank there. It is arguably the best spot to mine iron (hobgoblin comes in second) and is available at 15 dung. I am just saying that, it should at least take some level of achievement to get that. Look at gravite 2h. Best k0 weapon in the game and takes a considerable amount of dungeoneering to get it. I just wish they'd made a level req that was more fitting.

100% F2P

85 Mining achieved on Dec 4, 2007

85 Smithing achieved on May 28, 2009

anim7.png

Yesterday I leveled strength to 96 and runecrafting to 78. Goals were to get 99 str, 85 mining, and 80 in every non combat skill by the end of the year, doubt it will happen unless some serious no lifing ensues.

I don't think I'll have to GP to buy 80 prayer either...

99 dungeoneering achieved, thanks to everyone that celebrated with me!

♪♪ Don't interrupt me as I struggle to complete this thought
Have some respect for someone more forgetful than yourself ♪♪

♪♪ And I'm not done
And I won't be till my head falls off ♪♪

I played during that time...And TBH, I really didn't get very far...My earliest skills screenshot is from just after the HD update though, and my skills were even lower than they are now, my highest being 71 str I think. Nothing else over 70, or even 65 I don't think....But I was also a noob who thought 99s were impossible for me to get...It wasn't until after GOP came out, succeeded in it, and started going for 99 smithing that I realized all any 99 took was dedication...That being said, any of my skills easily could have been higher, and it wasn't a matter of anything being easier...

Still, I wish all the skills in f2p were just as hard now as they were during that time...Mems can have all the updates they want, I just want f2p to stay challenging and rewarding :3

Sadly though, I held off on mining, which I originally planned to go for after 99 smith/mage...What I really wanted from 99 mining was to get a 99 from essentially the last f2p skill that hadn't been made easier in a very very long time (before I played)...And now it's too late...I honestly wouldn't care nearly as much if they made this update AFTER I got 99 mining (though I still wouldn't have liked it much), but now I've failed and I hate it with the deepest intensity...

It's also troubling to know that this could have been prevented if Jagex hadn't done other stupid things first...

And again, anyone wanna check out my RSOF thread ;3?

When I started in mid 2005, I manage to get 40+mil xp in just 6 months, maybe it was sheer determination, or one time addiction, but its doable. The sad truth is that you just have to spend a lot of time on it (luckily, I spend a lot of those time reading too).

The game always revolve around grinding, no escaping that, we just grind a lot faster now. The old trick how to figure out that you can grind faster and more efficient than other people. Half way through my goal, I realize that once everyone hit the same objective, we will just grind for max xp, that makes me set my goal to lvl 99 all.

Mining will always be the hardest, in fact, if you look at skill that need a lot of attention, and tons of clicking, it will always be harder to train than anything else. I think we will see a big change in high score for mining these days due to resource dungeon update (and mining is also my least fav, but I somehow grudgingly train it to 95+)

@Anim7, perhaps they can raise it a bit higher, but I really doubt they will since its on the other side of mining guild, so I assume it's for lower lvl player mostly. 65 is a bit too harsh IMO, getting used to Dungeoneering and their xp system is a pain, and it might be too much for lower lvl player. I thought someone mentioned that they want to make iron access easier to indirectly reduce the price on GE? The good thing I would say if we raise it higher would prevent autoers going there and have time of their life mining and depositing away.

a happy Runescaper