The F2P General Discussion Thread

lionesshunt

Got my full green runecrafter gear. <3: I'll be using it in FOG a lot now.

I've got the top and bottom. Didn't have enough for anything else. So I bought a Druid Hat to accompany the color scheme. Finally on the high score for FoG :P

A reflection is just a distorted reality held by glass and your mind.

optimizedbrokenmirrorpn.jpg

I also believe that prestige and base experience are calculated to be the total number of rooms unlocked out of the maximum - in a small, its out of 16; in a medium, its out of 32; in a large, its out of 64.

I would have to disagree on that. I thought so too, but now I am in the, both are based on % of open doors/total doors of that specific dungeon, camp.

On floor 1 every time it was a 100%'er and I killed everything I have gotten 57 xp, and around 2803 pres xp.

Also just recently I did pay attention to how many total rooms there were, example floor 5 16 rooms was less xp than floor 6 12.

There is always human error so next time you solo, keep track =]

I will once again when I go through my next batch.

edit numbers added

14-18 all 100% everything except dinos killed. no extra things done.

floor, rooms, base, pres

14, 10, 547, 2876

15, 14, 611, 2884

16, 14, 679, 2892

17, 12, 752, 2901

18, 14, 829, 2909

differences

14-15 64

15-16 68

16-17 73

17-18 77

I'm sorry, I just have to vent a bit.

BAL'LAK THE PUMMELLER, YOU FAIL. :evil: :evil: :evil:

Seriously, this is easily the hardest boss fight in solo runs... I'm rushing F33 on Comp 1 to practice on this guy (and perhaps obtain the journal part), and every time I meet this guy, I keep dying like 3-5 times.

I've even lured him to the green portals to lower his defense, but even then he was still tough to hit... not to mention he deals very rapid damage. >.<"

Any tips against this guy? I've tried slash, crush, and ranged, and none were effective. (No weakness maybe? :wall: )

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

Seriously, this is easily the hardest boss fight in solo runs... I'm rushing F33 on Comp 1 to practice on this guy (and perhaps obtain the journal part), and every time I meet this guy, I keep dying like 3-5 times.

I've even lured him to the green portals to lower his defense, but even then he was still tough to hit... not to mention he deals very rapid damage. >.<"

Any tips against this guy? I've tried slash, crush, and ranged, and none were effective. (No weakness maybe? :wall: )

http://www.runescoop.com/html/rs_USGDunBallakthePummeller.htm

Summary: Drop a gatestone outside the room and when his defence gets too high teleport out and wait about a minute for it to lower.

Hameigh.png

At least you have a challenge you want now :grin:

La Vallett1

A.k.a. "Nostalgic Vallett"

What's been said must be done.

http://www.runescoop.com/html/rs_USGDunBallakthePummeller.htm

Summary: Drop a gatestone outside the room and when his defence gets too high teleport out and wait about a minute for it to lower.

But does that prevent him from doing tremendous amounts of damage on me, even armor on + offensive prayers? Nope.

And anyways if you continue to lure him into the portals it's just as effective as gatestoning.

Since its lowest form is level 91 (which I always get), I can't imagine what it would be like to fight him as a 1 defense pure...

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

He doesn't do damage quickly on you, the green portals do. I wouldn't mess around with the portals, I'd just tele out as soon as I got to ~40% hp. That way, I'm not wasting time letting him get higher defense while I eat... he doesn't get free hits either.

@wormy -

Its a better comparison between the exact same floors. Also, combat level makes a difference in the experience you get, so someone soloing with 60 combat will get more XP than someone soloing with 89 combat.

Next time, compare f14 to f14. :mrgreen:

I'll post some stuff when I get the time.

99 dungeoneering achieved, thanks to everyone that celebrated with me!

♪♪ Don't interrupt me as I struggle to complete this thought
Have some respect for someone more forgetful than yourself ♪♪

♪♪ And I'm not done
And I won't be till my head falls off ♪♪

He doesn't do damage quickly on you, the green portals do. I wouldn't mess around with the portals, I'd just tele out as soon as I got to ~40% hp. That way, I'm not wasting time letting him get higher defense while I eat... he doesn't get free hits either.

I know what to do with the portals - stand at least 2 squares away from them. That way, I don't take damage from the portals.

It's Bal'lak's broken attack speed that gets me every single time. :wall:

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

same floors would be best, but I still think it is interesting that the floor xp through 5 floors goes up quite linearly.

Hmm I was planning on ranging for a bit longer.... but oh well reset and go go go!

=]

edit, did 14-16, the xp for all three was the same as round 1. The room count for 14 and 16 were different, 10/12 and 14/11 respectively.

Hi guys. Someone on a different thread pointed out a page on runescape.wikia that listed future updates. Under F2P Item of Accomplishment it says "In a Q&A, a Mod (MMG) stated that instead of making skill capes available for free, that they would be releasing a new free item of accomplishment that Jagex think will be more popular."

So, does anyone know or have any idea what this may be? Or when it may be?

Hi guys. Someone on a different thread pointed out a page on runescape.wikia that listed future updates. Under F2P Item of Accomplishment it says "In a Q&A, a Mod (MMG) stated that instead of making skill capes available for free, that they would be releasing a new free item of accomplishment that Jagex think will be more popular."

So, does anyone know or have any idea what this may be? Or when it may be?

Hopefully soon. When I heard about this, I started reconsidering my plan to buy a month's membership and get a cape when I get 99 Mining.

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

But do you have any speculation on what it may be? If we wont get a cape and hood, what else could we get that could show off having a 99? The only thing I can think of is a shield or banner with the skill emblem on it, kind of like the POH heraldry.