The F2P General Discussion Thread

lionesshunt

How was membership? Did you feel like a noob when you tried it out?

Heh heh, indeed I did feel kinda noobish when first starting out membership. :P

But eventually I was getting used to it. Questing is my absolute favorite thing to do as a member, next to Slayer. Went from 43 to 128 quest points during that month. :wub:

I definitely want to get some membership on my own main F2P, but I want to train my F2P skills to all the quest requirements first.

And possibly 99 str so I can use an abyssal whip full time. 95 pray for Turmoil might be a bit much for me though.

I might get around to make a "Newbie Members" guide soon. ;)

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

I don't mind really, as long the updates can makes training easier or less bugs to deal with.

For some odd reasons, I am moving very slowly in the dungeons, perhaps because I like to solo and spend too much time pick up stuff..... I wish they haven't nerf the xp for RC and high lvl f2p. Otherwise, I would stay there all day long just making air runes for hours on end...lol

Don't know how those guys achieve lvl 100+ as F2P.

Otherwise, I would stay there all day long just making air runes for hours on end

Thats exactly why they nerfed that.

For some odd reasons, I am moving very slowly in the dungeons, perhaps because I like to solo and spend too much time pick up stuff

Don't pick stuff up thats not useful?

In the early levels <25, it is very slow.

It gets better after 50.

Its not so bad not once I get the hang of it. Again, try not to pick up so much stuff. Plus start the dungeon floor at higher level instead of smaller ones. For some odd reason, I keep on trying to get the best equipment when facing the boss since I thought it will be an advantage, but then I realize that my stat overwhelm most of them in less than a minutes.

For example, I was fighting unholy cursebearer, upon reading that he can lower people stat, I immediately set off to make the best range armor. So when I am lack of funds even selling all the junk I found in the dungeon, had to resort to making and selling airs to make enough cash.

Just when I go in with full Tier 5 range armor and full inventory of good food, I thought I should go in melee it a bit first. Turns out the boss was dead in less than 4 hits coming from my fractite maul. Didn't even use food or range, and it didn't even stay alive long enough to lower my stat less than 95s yet....... =_=, over prepared I would say.

Next time I fight them, I will do it less seriously for sure......

a happy Runescaper

You know what's hard to find?

Level 3's that can dunge with you. In fact, I went on w61 once and ran F34 with two level 3s, a level 92, and a level 108. I got 40k. I'm trying to replicate that, but it's really hard to find teammates in w61 because they're all elitist.

(Overstatement.)

zBSYE.png

^ Blog.

Zh0c4.gif

Man...

90 dungeoneering with no work at all (and none expected of you), what a way to go :D

Do they give you a ton of XP because it calculates the average of levels as lower than 90? I always assumed higher levels just got half XP, not that it was the whole party's levels that were counted.

O.O

To be honest I don't really care about the exp deduction thing anymore.

I almost always tend to team up with 100+ people, and we still get decent exp at the end of it.

In the end, dungeoneering is all about having fun.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

You know what's hard to find?

Level 3's that can dunge with you. In fact, I went on w61 once and ran F34 with two level 3s, a level 92, and a level 108. I got 40k. I'm trying to replicate that, but it's really hard to find teammates in w61 because they're all elitist.

(Overstatement.)

I KNOW! It's nearly impossible to get a good team in W61 unless you're either

-A mod

-Maxed out

-A famous player with 10K fanboys

Owner of a comp cape since February 11th 2012.

I just got 4K xp on floor 35 med with max prestige...

I'm not gonna search for lvl 3's anyway, cause why should I?

They usually don't do anything, so I don't even want them in my party.

I'd rather train it with my friends, much more fun :thumbsup:

B71AkU0.png      Fire_Hawk154.png

Because they make going through the dung faster and give you better xp.

Anyways...I'm assuming I'm the only one here as well who doesn't like it?

I'm finding it harder to see why I even stay pure f2p...It's getting to be just as easy as mems...

Challenge is what makes me stay pure f2p, really...But I guess Jagex didn't want to leave all the updates that eliminate challenge from the game for mems only...

Cpchris.png

Cpchris.png

Cpchris.png

I just got 4K xp on floor 35 med with max prestige...

They usually don't do anything, so I don't even want them in my party.

I'd rather train it with my friends, much more fun :thumbsup:

Same.. I don't like level 3 skillers at all really.

------------------

About today's updates:

-I like the island with the maples cause I was gonna cut and burn yews but now I wont' feel like i'm wasting money.

-The runite i don't care about I merch for cash anyway. I think the ores will crash

-The deposit box right next to iron in falador= complete bull**** whoever had that idea needs to die.

-The Hill giants are nice good for prayer.

- The lessers are nice I guess but we already have tons of lessers so why make more.

- The 4x prayer xp in dungeon I don't think its worth it because everytime i use 2 big bones on the altar then try a third it says that nothing happens.

So how is everyone else planning to raise prayer? I'm basically just saving it for last and conserving all of my money up until that point, probably merchanting along the way to make cash on the side, and hope I can afford at least 92 or so (unless by some miracle I can buy it all) if and when I get 99 in everything else. I guess I'd manually train whatever prayer levels remain until something drastic happens IRL and I quit. :)

I'm just making bank until I feel like spending my cash. Not planning to max now, so it makes it a lot easier to not spend money.

If anyone is having trouble finding Dungeoneering partners, please post here. It won't be helpful at first but once the thread gets running it should be very helpful.

Quick find code: 148-149-499-61339169

Animorph_2.png

I am not sure if anyone has the same problem, but does their RS crash when they were in the mining guild's resource dungeon. I went in today upon getting dungeoneering 45, great, mine a few runite, mith and addy for fun, then all of a sudden, the Java client just stopped and everything went pitch black (well, within the Mozzi Fox window, not the entire OS).

I never have the same problem before while doing the actual dungeon skill, not sure if it's some graphic bug or computer issues.

My apologies if this is in hardware trouble shooting section.

For the record, that place totally rocks (no pun intended), no more going to wildy to mine runite ores, but 10 minutes there and I already seen at least 10 people hop in and out. The deposit box in the darwven mine is awesome too, now I can just use that when I mine some iron for fun.

Hillies resource is not bad, I can see good big bones xp there, but I am still wondering why Jagex would put the Demanheim resource dungeon on the island and cutting maple and willow in the middle of nowhere (it just doesn't make any sense geographically and logically).

a happy Runescaper

So my F2P skiller currently has 45 runecraft and I'm going for 50. Should I just craft runes (and which ones, airs or earths?) or make body tiaras? I have enough cash for the tiaras (currently about 1.5M), but they're extremely boring to make IMO.

So my F2P skiller currently has 45 runecraft and I'm going for 50. Should I just craft runes (and which ones, airs or earths?) or make body tiaras? I have enough cash for the tiaras (currently about 1.5M), but they're extremely boring to make IMO.

For a skill like runecrafting, try not to lose money. You want to maximize profit as much as possible.

Waters are actually the best profit, but earths are a good balance of exp and cash.

So I guess just make earths.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

- The 4x prayer xp in dungeon I don't think its worth it because everytime i use 2 big bones on the altar then try a third it says that nothing happens.

Big bones from the bovimastyx creatures don't work on the altars. :P

Yep, it's stupid because big bones from hill giants DO work. Hopefully it's a bug.

Yep, it's stupid because big bones from hill giants DO work. Hopefully it's a bug.

I think it's to prevent people from killing the creatures for Prayer experience.

I'm just making bank until I feel like spending my cash. Not planning to max now, so it makes it a lot easier to not spend money.

If anyone is having trouble finding Dungeoneering partners, please post here. It won't be helpful at first but once the thread gets running it should be very helpful.

Quick find code: 148-149-499-61339169

LMK.

Animorph_2.png