The F2P General Discussion Thread

lionesshunt

I saw so many inaccurate exp/h rates in the last posts. So I want to give real numbers.

Powermining iron with 2 rocks is 34.5k exp/hour. You can see it here:

(3 rocks may be a little bit faster but it's harder too)

Powercutting willows is at least 49k exp/hour, maples feel way slower. You can see me getting this value while alching here:

If you really want to cut maples you should burn them right there as maples are good fm exp for their cost. Then you save time dropping or banking them.

[404] Signature not found.

To all that has been already said:

Maples. They do feel much slower than willows, but they are 100 exp per log, and the speed from them and yews are very noticeable. So not that bad, really. Besides I'm banking my maples with Daemonheim via ring of kinship teleport, just in case members decides to come my way.

Iron ore deposit box. I don't really see what's wrong about that. The price of iron really needs to drop now, it is ridiculously overpriced for what it's worth. Still, cabbage-port banking at Port Sarim deposit box was a decent way to make some cash.

Hill giant limpwurt roots. Again, nothing too wrong either. Might make more big bones come into supply, and more importantly the limpwurt roots which are a hefty 2k.

Also, about dungeoneering, has anyone noticed that the levels of monsters are higher leveled in solo meds than in solo smalls?

In solo smalls, I almost never get monsters higher than level 50, with the exception of boss monsters (and even then it's only for higher leveled floors).

In solo meds, I get a tier 6 warrior and a tier 6 ranger in the same dungeon (not room), a level 75 skeleton, and a level 77 giant bat. Also, for bosses, instead of the usual level 60 for the hobgoblin geomancer, this time I got a level 85.

This difference, though, isn't really that significant. I can still blast my way through dungeons and monsters through ease, and every boss (save the last two) are a cakewalk. :D

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

I saw so many inaccurate exp/h rates in the last posts. So I want to give real numbers.

Powermining iron with 2 rocks is 34.5k exp/hour. You can see it here:

(3 rocks may be a little bit faster but it's harder too)

Powercutting willows is at least 49k exp/hour, maples feel way slower. You can see me getting this value while alching here:

If you really want to cut maples you should burn them right there as maples are good fm exp for their cost. Then you save time dropping or banking them.

If you can drop fast enough, then hobgoblin mines on a BH+1 item world can beat that. I have gotten upwards to about 43k in an hour. Thats of course, hoping that people don't attack you.

100% F2P

85 Mining achieved on Dec 4, 2007

85 Smithing achieved on May 28, 2009

anim7.png

Was in BH and PVP worlds for about 2 hours.... didn't die, but didn't kill anyone. Was getting a bit frustrated; I had the best weapons in F2P and yet no one was falling. The 100% ep was starring me in the face, letting me know exactly how badly I failed. Finally was hanging around the second floor altar in varrock, when a couple of punks started to taunt me because I wouldn't no arm them.

They were like, "no arm? i'm risking 700k!" Of course, a fully charged gravite 2h, rapier, rune gauntlets and berserker shield are worth 80k dungeoneering tokens spent, plus another 1.6m to charge... Not to mention the time and effort put forth (I'm rambling, I know).

The started taunting my stats, and I admit they got under my skin. When they finally told me to start training on cows, I attacked the one with a zamorak skirt. 101 damage later (87 hp and 1 swordfish), I killed him. GF cow. Drop was decent too, rune berserker 0, zammy skirt. 486k total.

99 dungeoneering achieved, thanks to everyone that celebrated with me!

♪♪ Don't interrupt me as I struggle to complete this thought
Have some respect for someone more forgetful than yourself ♪♪

♪♪ And I'm not done
And I won't be till my head falls off ♪♪

The 100% ep was starring me in the face, letting me know exactly how badly I failed. Finally was hanging around the second floor altar in varrock, when a couple of punks started to taunt me because I wouldn't no arm them.

And that is exactly why PvP/BH worlds fail.

Owner of a comp cape since February 11th 2012.

if they ask for no arm you ask them back for no wep. then watch them flame you more

Generally speaking I usually no arm in BH, and go full arm in PVP. If I don't want to risk it I won't wear it; no arms are too random anyway. I'm not completely opposed to the idea of no arms, but only if I'm risking less than 150k. Also in PVP worlds people are 5-10x more likely to jump you after a fight.

EDIT:

Anyone else notice R2H and scims tanking in price?

♪♪ And I'm not done

The prestige system ruins dungeoneering for me.

Getting horrible exp from lower floor compared to higher floors make it much less fun and encouraging.

Having to spend ridiculous amounts of time trying to find a party for the floor you want/need is extremely annoying and makes me not want to do the skill at all.

Having soloing be terrible exp compared to partying makes the above point even worse because soloing a high level floor is a complete waste of exp potential.

And when batch 2 adds more floor (possibly f2p) it's just make the whole thing even worse.

Look at WoW's random dungeon system; why can't dungeoneering have something like that?

Select desired size and difficulty.

Enter queue for dungeon.

Selects people in queue from any world with the same highest floor unlocked that want same size and difficulty.

Randomly picks a floor everyone in party has unlocked.

Scales monsters to what they would be in the highest floor they all have unlocked.

Does not count towards prestige completion of floor.

Calculates exp based what it would be for the highest floor they have unlocked, prestige not used in exp calculations at all.

wow's dungeon queue system isn't perfect. sometimes it takes awhile before you find a party, longer if you're on one of the smaller servers or if the dungeon is high level. i think the thinking behind dungeoneering's system is that you can choose who to join or who to invite that way you won't have a leeroy jenkings

monoclesmilecopy.jpg

Chatted with Mod Trick today... he played a game (I call it fetch, he called it a scavenger hunt). Unfortunately it was in W23... but while all the members were going willy nilly to fetch the items, I had the cc space to myself. He didn't say much in cc, but said bye to me when I left. :mrgreen:

♪♪ And I'm not done

interesting, it is weird that this is not the first nor second time jagex find out that problems or slow down on slow pc. why they always had to test it only before release?

will there be any treasure trails that can be brought from p2p like the trimmed and god armor?

i not hoping anything, in fact f2p had getting a lot of updates recently and i think it is enough for the time being.

even they did give us something, i think it will just be as useless as the trimmed and god armor. i would rather they give us class ring instead.

but now think back, i think i read about jagex plan to do something to the trimmed and god armor. i think they say before that they will make trimmed and god armor slight stronger than it current stats. but it had been a very long time, i not sure they will continue it or not or already canceled.

Well since this thread is for discussion of f2p, I would like to argue that f2pers who have no knowledge of the top 250 f2p list have more fun in game than those who do. I think training whatever they feel like and not caring about ranks leads to a more enjoyable game experience.Opinions?

Well since this thread is for discussion of f2p, I would like to argue that f2pers who have no knowledge of the top 250 f2p list have more fun in game than those who do. I think training whatever they feel like and not caring about ranks leads to a more enjoyable game experience.Opinions?

If I was pure f2p, attempting to get on the top 250 list would probably be my only motivation to play. That and PKing, FoG, and Clan Wars. I don't think I could just level mining or woodcutting in f2p for the sake of leveling. :mellow:

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

If I was pure f2p, attempting to get on the top 250 list would probably be my only motivation to play. That and PKing, FoG, and Clan Wars. I don't think I could just level mining or woodcutting in f2p for the sake of leveling. :mellow:

HEY YOU'RE NOT F2P! GTFO!

I set that goal for myself before I know the list existed. But motivation aside, I enjoy talking to different people and working on totally weird tasks there and here for enjoyment.

For example, going to Lumbridge castle and gather materials and make stew for no reason. Killing chicken and gathering eggs to make cake for no reason. Talking to some random NPC for fun for no reason. Walking from Al Karid to Varrock for no reason. Going to wildy and explore for no reason. Pretending and dress like highway man and shout exact same quote they would say to scare new passerby for no reason. See, tons of things to do

All in a day's work of lvl 124 relaxing doing totally useless things to enjoy RS from a nonchalant POV.

a happy Runescaper

I see F2P as a major preparation point for P2P, IMO.

Although maxing out pure F2P is very well respected, I just don't see why they wouldn't want to try out members for a bit.

There are 9 more skills making it potentially harder to max out.

A bit off topic but, I wonder how the game would be like if it was made entirely F2P... it makes sense as it started out this way.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

There are 9 more skills making it potentially harder to max out.

I think the cost and speed of F2P prayer and the much lower dungeoneering xp rates make up for the other 9 skills.

Yeps, and all other skills are at least 2 times faster xp in members, so maxed F2P takes more time than maxed P2P :blink:

B71AkU0.png      Fire_Hawk154.png

So recently I've finally given in to the better xp with "skillers" on World 61.

But is it worth it? A lot of them say they need more people in the "Fast dg" community and "it gets worse every day", but I get treated like absolute dirt all the time. A majority of the skillers have no respect for us and AFK for the longest times... And it's not just the skillers. In fact, most of them are nice compared to many of the combatters with higher leveled dungeoneering. I won't mention names here, but I've never met someone as arrogant, rude, and disrespectful as this one person I met in this clan chat these past few days. I find it utterly shocking that people actually respect this person at any level. I think it's safe to say that this IS the most unwelcome community I've ever had the pleasure to set foot in.

Maybe it's always the best to train with friends, regardless of the reduced experience rates. Besides, I'm sure this isn't the way to play Jagex intended it to be. So I'm really rethinking it. Any experiences you guys would like to share? I know some of you use it. A good portion of these kids I've met already are not people I'd ever want to talk to in my life. Maybe they've just no-lifed so much now that they longer care?

Some people are nice and friendly, though.

What are your opinions?

jOi7G.png

~PM me and I'll do my best to make you a signature!~

for me, i dont really like ppl who act like that know many thing and have main or what blah blah blah especially lvl 3 ppl.

ok, runescape meant to be play "normal"ly, where lvl 3 skiller is weird. lvl 3 skiller often been treated as bot or noob, where they are having bot like behavior that wear default cloth and all mobs are aggressive towards it. why ppl even wanted to play as lvl 3 skiller anyway? i dont see any advantages. since normally ppl will eventually at least up some combat skill to have prevent interruption when skilling, at least pure is still understandable in the old days for killing.

now jagex are promoting lvl 3 ppl to afk and gain easy exp without having to do anything, wasnt it a little bit like afk training for you?

talking about dungeoneering with friend, can it possible that using the same friend list system to allow friends to have normal or even higher exp when dungeoneering.

actually all of this started with jagex exp nerf f2p world just because p2p come to f2p to get easy exp, if they remove it then problems solved.

another thing is that, we just wanted to have fun while playing especially with playing with friends, and not having to consider this and that. where didnt have any in common floor will be resulting prestige become 0.

for me, i dont really like ppl who act like that know many thing and have main or what blah blah blah especially lvl 3 ppl.

ok, runescape meant to be play "normal"ly, where lvl 3 skiller is weird. lvl 3 skiller often been treated as bot or noob, where they are having bot like behavior that wear default cloth and all mobs are aggressive towards it. why ppl even wanted to play as lvl 3 skiller anyway? i dont see any advantages. since normally ppl will eventually at least up some combat skill to have prevent interruption when skilling, at least pure is still understandable in the old days for killing.

now jagex are promoting lvl 3 ppl to afk and gain easy exp without having to do anything, wasnt it a little bit like afk training for you?

talking about dungeoneering with friend, can it possible that using the same friend list system to allow friends to have normal or even higher exp when dungeoneering.

actually all of this started with jagex exp nerf f2p world just because p2p come to f2p to get easy exp, if they remove it then problems solved.

another thing is that, we just wanted to have fun while playing especially with playing with friends, and not having to consider this and that. where didnt have any in common floor will be resulting prestige become 0.

IMO, lvl 3 and high lvls (lvl 120+) even at the extreme end of spectrum get treated badly sometimes by ignorant players (more if you are a player mod it seems). I think people usually jump into this omg a lvl 3, he must be a botter mode when they spot one (or a lvl 124s, he must have no life). Things be told, its just another way to enjoy the game, I personally met some skillers with good attitudes and good personality while working their way to their goals. I usually don't go to GE because that's where a lot less nice people are and tend to be "over dramatic" with their stats and view on things.

Not just lvl 3, any lvls would suffice. Given a example, I was mining at the resource dungeon on 1k total world. A lvl 103 came in and start mining all the mith on one side, since I was just mining for fun and chatting friends at the same time, I wasn't paying much attention to him. Until I start mining mith ores, then he asked me to mine runite and addy only and leave all the mith ores to him............ I was like.......eh............

First thing came to my mind, when you mine, all bets are off, you don't ask people to mine certain part of the field, if u get the ores, u get it, if not, move on to next one.

2nd thing was that this was suppose to be lvl 1k world I don't have to deal with that kind of attitude since people with high lvl tend to be more mature

3rd thing, lvl 103 seems like a new players desperately asking for something.......

Anyways, after several attempts at making those " high lvls think they can do anything comment," the guy promptly jumped to another world......

a happy Runescaper

I personally don't care whether I get good exp or not.

Dungeoneering really is meant as a casual skill. I don't see any more reason to train it besides that (other than 85 for frost dragon pwnage).

My last F34 5:5 large went down smoothly, with a 126, a 111, a 105, a 70, and me as the 86.

Sure, this means that we get reduced base and prestige (I ended up getting 14k exp with 2 deaths from that freaking Bal'lak), but hey, at least it went well.

The whole thing took 40-ish minutes to complete, and that was from killing all the monsters too. But due to member doors we only got 5% bonus rooms.

And speaking of which, after that F34 5:5 large, look what I got! =]

2rqztr4.png

Larges are the <3, especially with high levels (despite the harder monsters). :wub:

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

First thing came to my mind, when you mine, all bets are off, you don't ask people to mine certain part of the field, if u get the ores, u get it, if not, move on to next one.

Exactly.

People need to stop telling me to split my 3 rock iron into a 1 rock each sorta thing.

I want good XP, im going to steal all your ores.

O.O