The F2P General Discussion Thread

lionesshunt

Do you guys have any ideas for training smithing? I have 574k till level 99. Don't want to click a lot (superheat) or spend a ton of cash cause I'm trying to save it for prayer. I was thinking about smelting addy bars at the furnace with the coal bag because runite is still falling a lot. Opinions?

i played f2p longer than i have p2p, but like p2p more because there are more possibilities to have fun. different ways to level up a skill (variety = less boredom), more skills to train (i recently got 99 thieving). right now i am cutting ivy with a dragon hatchet.. i have gone from level 72-85 in 3 days and i am not "grinding" because it basically requires you to click once every 5 minutes. i don't feel the need to have to "grind" or play more because i am paying for membership. i could go to McDonald's and buy a meal that cost more and eat it in 10 minutes then i would be spending to play runescape for 31 days. people who like combat would see that there is a ginormous difference between f2p and p2p combat training/possibilities, plus you can level slayer and summoning at the same time which are two very helpful skills tied in together with combat, and even on their own. it's like math; we're taugh algebra, trigonometry and geomtry and pre-calculus, but there are so many difference branches of mathematics that lead to even more satisfying and fun topics than their predecessors.

i played f2p longer than i have p2p, but like p2p more because there are more possibilities to have fun. different ways to level up a skill (variety = less boredom), more skills to train (i recently got 99 thieving). right now i am cutting ivy with a dragon hatchet.. i have gone from level 72-85 in 3 days and i am not "grinding" because it basically requires you to click once every 5 minutes. i don't feel the need to have to "grind" or play more because i am paying for membership. i could go to McDonald's and buy a meal that cost more and eat it in 10 minutes then i would be spending to play runescape for 31 days. people who like combat would see that there is a ginormous difference between f2p and p2p combat training/possibilities, plus you can level slayer and summoning at the same time which are two very helpful skills tied in together with combat, and even on their own. it's like math; we're taugh algebra, trigonometry and geomtry and pre-calculus, but there are so many difference branches of mathematics that lead to even more satisfying and fun topics than their predecessors.

You should try to put commas and period in your next posting, trying to read through all that was very very difficult.

In any case, when you add up all that small time together that you spend on RS, it still really doesn't amount to anything in real life. Say if you spend 1 hour per day on RS, and do that 31 days, for 12 months for 25 yrs, that still amounts to 9300 (its just an example, so don't get worked over it). The possibility to grind when you want to hit a lvl 99 is a lot higher, and it simply means you have to do it longer as a F2p compare to P2p.

Most of the skill are so easy now that you can literally click once and leave it alone for 5 minutes (which you mentioned it yourself), and that kind of advantage is offer to P2p more compare to F2p. You will never escape the fate of grinding if you want to hit lvl 99 or hit 200mil xp. I can be super productive if I just work in real life and save bunch of money to pay off debt instead of playing RS, the argument goes both ways.

I am not sure about other F2p, but I don't play much as I would due to real life commitment, and its alright too. I had my fun, my grinding (which I enjoyed it, so no regret there), and some friend I made along the way.

Currently, all I want to do is achieve my goal, albeit very slowly, but I still enjoy it nevertheless, not to mention all the convenience of training easier, I can even be more productive than before (like mining runite, I can go to main lobby, stay there, cook my dinner, go in a world, mine ores, goes back out, take a shower, go into a world mine some ores, etc etc). At the end of the day (or one's life), if you can totally satisfied with what you once had, and no regret, that's pretty much whats count.

PS: As I mentioned in so many of my other post, you can do so many things in F2p for fun that combination is endless. Like try to set some challenges with friend to see who can run from one city to another a lot faster without using teleport. Or try to use firemaking to spell worlds on the map, or get scrap of meat and feed it to the dog near old air altar, or just sit by the beach side right beside the seaport with sound effects on, you get the idea.

a happy Runescaper

You seem to have spare wrists lol... :grin:

(If you find Runecrafting relaxing)

Well I don't grind out rcing. And I usually type out what I want to say in hyt cc while I'm running, although more often I find myself doing that while resting at the musician.

If it's iron mining however, I can't do that, which is exactly why I don't iron mine anymore.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

many ppl do care about it actually, and ppl like lesser click, while iron need constantly click nonstop. RS is nothing if you don't have fun, even though it is slightly slower exp and lesser gp

Oh yea, i fully agree it needs less clicks, thats why i don't really like mining as a skill in the first place.

But saying "Its high GP/XP" its pretty bad justification for training a certain way.

O.O

i played f2p longer than i have p2p, but like p2p more because there are more possibilities to have fun. different ways to level up a skill (variety = less boredom), more skills to train (i recently got 99 thieving). right now i am cutting ivy with a dragon hatchet.. i have gone from level 72-85 in 3 days and i am not "grinding" because it basically requires you to click once every 5 minutes. i don't feel the need to have to "grind" or play more because i am paying for membership. i could go to McDonald's and buy a meal that cost more and eat it in 10 minutes then i would be spending to play runescape for 31 days. people who like combat would see that there is a ginormous difference between f2p and p2p combat training/possibilities, plus you can level slayer and summoning at the same time which are two very helpful skills tied in together with combat, and even on their own. it's like math; we're taught algebra, trigonometry and geomtry and pre-calculus, but there are so many difference branches of mathematics that lead to even more satisfying and fun topics than their predecessors.

You should try to put commas and period in your next posting, trying to read through all that was very very difficult.

In any case, when you add up all that small time together that you spend on RS, it still really doesn't amount to anything in real life. Say if you spend 1 hour per day on RS, and do that 31 days, for 12 months for 25 yrs, that still amounts to 9300 (its just an example, so don't get worked over it). The possibility to grind when you want to hit a lvl 99 is a lot higher, and it simply means you have to do it longer as a F2p compare to P2p.

Most of the skill are so easy now that you can literally click once and leave it alone for 5 minutes (which you mentioned it yourself), and that kind of advantage is offer to P2p more compare to F2p. You will never escape the fate of grinding if you want to hit lvl 99 or hit 200mil xp. I can be super productive if I just work in real life and save bunch of money to pay off debt instead of playing RS, the argument goes both ways.

I am not sure about other F2p, but I don't play much as I would due to real life commitment, and its alright too. I had my fun, my grinding (which I enjoyed it, so no regret there), and some friend I made along the way.

Currently, all I want to do is achieve my goal, albeit very slowly, but I still enjoy it nevertheless, not to mention all the convenience of training easier, I can even be more productive than before (like mining runite, I can go to main lobby, stay there, cook my dinner, go in a world, mine ores, goes back out, take a shower, go into a world mine some ores, etc etc). At the end of the day (or one's life), if you can totally satisfied with what you once had, and no regret, that's pretty much whats count.

PS: As I mentioned in so many of my other post, you can do so many things in F2p for fun that combination is endless. Like try to set some challenges with friend to see who can run from one city to another a lot faster without using teleport. Or try to use firemaking to spell worlds on the map, or get scrap of meat and feed it to the dog near old air altar, or just sit by the beach side right beside the seaport with sound effects on, you get the idea.

are you [developmentally delayed]ed? in my opinion you forcefully used too much punctuation to try and prove a point that your grammar skills are superior, but i don't really care, just figured i would point that out.

are you [developmentally delayed]ed? in my opinion you forcefully used too much punctuation to try and prove a point that your grammar skills are superior, but i don't really care, just figured i would point that out.

No, osiris, YOU'RE the [developmentally delayed].

Try actually reading the whole post before posting.

/flame. I hope the occult floors would come sometime today... I can't wait to try them out! |^_^|

EDIT: They're members only.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

Seems the XP cap hasn't been removed. :(

There must be another way to train DG than having 2 or 3 leechers that keep telling you to hurry.

Yea... Maybe I am missing something.. but dungeoneering in f2p is definately a demo. And to think that they said that f2p was not a demo.. hmmmmm.. Well I find that playing a game where you continually run into member doors/rooms and getting significantly less xp is a demo of the real version that the members have. Not only that, but I am level 108 and am getting hit with the xp cap... so dumb.

Donate to S_U__O__M_I !!!!!!!!!!!!!

There must be another way to train DG than having 2 or 3 leechers that keep telling you to hurry.

Yea... Maybe I am missing something.. but dungeoneering in f2p is definately a demo. And to think that they said that f2p was not a demo.. hmmmmm.. Well I find that playing a game where you continually run into member doors/rooms and getting significantly less xp is a demo of the real version that the members have. Not only that, but I am level 108 and am getting hit with the xp cap... so dumb.

I also hoped that they would remove the cap, but they didn't :???:

The only thing we got this update is a Magic Failbox and and a nice smithing scroll thing.

It probably makes 99 Smithing some cheaper with addy plates, but not alot due to the inflation.

The Magic Box... 40K tokens to save 1 spot in your inventory... no thanks :thumbdown:

B71AkU0.png      Fire_Hawk154.png

Just some pics I took when I logged in today...

111qc.png

New toolkit in Smuggler's shop.

222eh.png

Toolbox lands in your bag, click on it to open, and you receive these 8 items.

333vw.png

New puzzle. The spider-looking things are the Pondskaters. 4 of them walk inside that pond-like thing.

4444i.png

Examine Pondskater: "One of these things has the key. Could it be this one?"

I waited until the Pondskater got to the edge (that spot close to the door and the spot close to the wall to my right). Then I clicked on the Pondskater and got that message.

Somehow that third line ("The act of simply...") showed up twice in my chatbox, even though I only clicked on the Pondskater once.

You can't reach it when it's in the middle of the pond, it seems. I didn't use any tools in the process.

Edit: You do need fly rod and feathers, but somehow I didn't use feathers. 0.o

:thumbup:

zBSYE.png

^ Blog.

Zh0c4.gif

I said before I would quit runescape if they did this. I've decided to go on an indefinite hiatus.

The XP cap is arbitrary, its unfair, and now with members receiving experience more than 3 times faster, its pointless. I'll probably check back from time to time and maybe PK or GOP occasionally, but no more grinding and no more dungeoneering for me.

99 dungeoneering achieved, thanks to everyone that celebrated with me!

♪♪ Don't interrupt me as I struggle to complete this thought
Have some respect for someone more forgetful than yourself ♪♪

♪♪ And I'm not done
And I won't be till my head falls off ♪♪

The only thing we got this update is a Magic Failbox and and a nice smithing scroll thing.

It probably makes 99 Smithing some cheaper with addy plates, but not alot due to the inflation.

The Magic Box... 40K tokens to save 1 spot in your inventory... no thanks :thumbdown:

Guess I'll be using my tokens on XP now. :blink:

Owner of a comp cape since February 11th 2012.

Wait, f2p dunge has an exp cap?

That is, simply put, atrocious.

All I pointed out was that you should at least put some spaces between your sentence and paragraph which make it easier to read and interpret. I never said anything about my grammar being superior (in fact, I suck at it big time because English is my 2nd language), especially its only the first paragraph that "suggest" you do a bit of editing while rest of the post talked about F2P being fun without needing content from P2p. Never figure out why people only read what they want to "see" and ignore the rest, and start flaming about other peoples opinion.

In any case, I don't think Xp cap matters to most people, seeing how some F2P blaze through the xp rate like there is no tomorrow. Besides, without your usual "handicap" we can't really call it F2P style can we?

a happy Runescaper

In any case, I don't think Xp cap matters to most people, seeing how some F2P blaze through the xp rate like there is no tomorrow. Besides, without your usual "handicap" we can't really call it F2P style can we?

Because they abuse it. Those with much exp in Dungeoneering often do it with skillers to get an easier dungeon and more experience. That's the unfairness most here refer to.

[404] Signature not found.

Bah, who cares. I just want to have fun with my dungeons and that's that.

But now with these new floors members only, I'm probably only going to train it to the 80s, stop there and focus on stuff to do before membership.

How the heck do I pay for members in Asia anyway? Jagex is not asian-friendly it seems.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Bah, who cares. I just want to have fun with my dungeons and that's that.

But now with these new floors members only, I'm probably only going to train it to the 80s, stop there and focus on stuff to do before membership.

How the heck do I pay for members in Asia anyway? Jagex is not asian-friendly it seems.

most skills in f2p are like that. unless you have members, most f2p skills become a repetitive grindfest and exp gains comes to a halt.

I had members for a month or two a few years ago and trained range from 40 to 80 like nothing, basically playing castle wars if i remember correctly, now back to f2p it took somewhere around 6 months to get to 85 and another 4 month for 90 range.

monoclesmilecopy.jpg

Because they abuse it. Those with much exp in Dungeoneering often do it with skillers to get an easier dungeon and more experience. That's the unfairness most here refer to.

I don't think that's so much as an abuse more so an advantage that they took to get their xp so high. As long the way is legit and isn't against the rule, its perfectly alright doing so. (Which interest me since whoever is the skiller that dung with them must be extremely dedicated to keep it up with their pace)

For example, because if any outside help is prohibited, the ones who use assist to train their RC before and after the assist kicks in would also consider unfair.

Well, to put it bluntly, anything that makes the game easier compare to before would be consider unfair compare to people who used to play the game old school

Just my 2 cents, I always Solo my dungeon, so by the time I get few decent xp, hair would have grown another inch or so............

a happy Runescaper

I don't think that's so much as an abuse more so an advantage that they took to get their xp so high. As long the way is legit and isn't against the rule, its perfectly alright doing so. (Which interest me since whoever is the skiller that dung with them must be extremely dedicated to keep it up with their pace)

For example, because if any outside help is prohibited, the ones who use assist to train their RC before and after the assist kicks in would also consider unfair.

Well, to put it bluntly, anything that makes the game easier compare to before would be consider unfair compare to people who used to play the game old school

Just my 2 cents, I always Solo my dungeon, so by the time I get few decent xp, hair would have grown another inch or so............

Yeah, manipulation clans aren't against the rules, too. They just take advantage of a flawed system. It's the same with f2p dungeoneering. You think it's alright, ok - but I don't think so.

[404] Signature not found.

Well, I was once strongly against dungeoneering with skillers in F2P, but after reading these completely illegitimate Jagex responses in the game update FAQ regarding F2P this week I'm going to dungeon with skillers and get my rightful xp just to show how failed their actions really have been. Their responses are lame beyond imagination.

jOi7G.png

~PM me and I'll do my best to make you a signature!~