The F2P General Discussion Thread

lionesshunt

Yeah, manipulation clans aren't against the rules, too. They just take advantage of a flawed system. It's the same with f2p dungeoneering. You think it's alright, ok - but I don't think so.

Well, when you put it that way, then it makes a whole lot of sense. Still, I am not sure if Jagex will change their view on this kind of indirect xp gain (not as bad as price manipulation, but similar concept). Not to mention that all the F2p now who has lvl 99 dung or more would be consider using so call "unfair" advantage, not sure if it would change their view on how they should level.

And its not like we can put some sort of announcement on the top f2p 250 discussion thread telling others not to use skillers when they dung.

a happy Runescaper

I prefer having fun, kthx.

Still, it really makes no sense to keep the exp cap in free play worlds anymore. Members can get much higher rates with 47 prestige.

And besides, free players can only use tier 5 items, while members can use tier 11. I think members can complete dungeons faster than free players in the first place even with harder monsters.

Either everyone gets the cap in f2p or no one gets it. It's that simple Jagex, why not make it unfair to everybody? No more skiller crap.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

I prefer having fun, kthx.

Still, it really makes no sense to keep the exp cap in free play worlds anymore. Members can get much higher rates with 47 prestige.

And besides, free players can only use tier 5 items, while members can use tier 11. I think members can complete dungeons faster than free players in the first place even with harder monsters.

Either everyone gets the cap in f2p or no one gets it. It's that simple Jagex, why not make it unfair to everybody? No more skiller crap.

I was thinking about the same thing, apply the cap to everyone, and even the same xp rate when coupled with skillers. The only thing is those who use the method has pretty high xp and level in dung already, so we would have a skewed distribution of dung on F2p list.

I guess if you want to balance it out, we will just have to dung with skiller to get it over with, so everyone has "unfair" advantage, lol. I personally prefer to dung alone because I play quite slowly (doing too much unnecessary stuff), hence I solo it without being too much a hindrance to other team mates.

To be honest, the reason I dung now is mostly to take a break from my usual grinding stuff. Not saying that I don't like it, but its more varied compare to your run of the mill click and point (well, with thinking and planning involved).

a happy Runescaper

Hey guys, quick question from a new F2per here.

I haven't played much F2P on this account so far, have just been doing FoG and a bit of PvP so far. Have had some fun, but I want to get into Dungeoneering

Mainly for that awesome G2h. So I was wondering, how long would it take to get the 40k points required for it? This is coming from someone with only 7 dungeoneering and little to no experience in the skill.

Also, you can look up my stats: Reyzer1

V32d.gif

I haven't played much F2P on this account so far, have just been doing FoG and a bit of PvP so far. Have had some fun, but I want to get into Dungeoneering

Mainly for that awesome G2h. So I was wondering, how long would it take to get the 40k points required for it? This is coming from someone with only 7 dungeoneering and little to no experience in the skill.

First off, get your runecrafting higher. No reason not to rank it.

To answer the actual question, it really depends on how you train it. If you're a soloer like me, it can take 30-40 hours of training to reach 40k tokens. If you team, you can reach it in less time.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

First off, get your runecrafting higher. No reason not to rank it.

To answer the actual question, it really depends on how you train it. If you're a soloer like me, it can take 30-40 hours of training to reach 40k tokens. If you team, you can reach it in less time.

Yeah I have been doing some FoG to get some of those good ol' runecrafting gloves to help raise it a bit.

and I'm going to be doing this solo, with maybe 2-3 hours of dungeon each day(I will try)

So hopefully I will have it before the first semester this year! (not even in school yet)

I will have to slice that number of hours in half during school time though...

V32d.gif

Normally I would suggest against rc gloves, but in your case it is strongly encouraged. 1 pair of air rc gloves from 10 rcing can last all the way to 30 (from there do earths with gloves).

If you have any other questions with dungeoneering, feel free to ask me! I'm currently creating a dungeoneering guide, and all your questions are appreciated. I'll answer them as well as possible.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Normally I would suggest against rc gloves, but in your case it is strongly encouraged. 1 pair of air rc gloves from 10 rcing can last all the way to 30 (from there do earths with gloves).

If you have any other questions with dungeoneering, feel free to ask me! I'm currently creating a dungeoneering guide, and all your questions are appreciated. I'll answer them as well as possible.

Please make sure you state the true meaning of "prestige run," because to this day I have never gotten a formal definition (as opposed to a "rush"). :wall: Especially when you have a full prestige, when "prestige running" wouldn't even apply... :blink:

zBSYE.png

^ Blog.

Zh0c4.gif

Normally I would suggest against rc gloves

Eh, why? I can get like 2 gloves per hour which last almost an hour each. Thats a nice exp boost.

you already had high combat lvl, but ppl with cb lvl below 90, 1 hour can only get 1 glove i think.

1 glove only last about 45 min. and you can see that his exp with FoG is little to nothing(below 1k score), so he might struggle a bit.

last month while i training RC. while the time use to get glove is roughly the same exp for training rc.

exp weekend is coming for p2p, i wanna earn some easy money, what is the few items that raise a lot last time? beside talisman.

is there any items at f2p that is needed or important to p2p?

Eh, why? I can get like 2 gloves per hour which last almost an hour each. Thats a nice exp boost.

you already had high combat lvl, but ppl with cb lvl below 90, 1 hour can only get 1 glove i think.

I also got this rate with cb below 90.

[404] Signature not found.

well, maybe is me using too much times to hide at the 10 charge spot and wait for hunter to come. HAHA.

from Recent Update - FAQ

"Will you be removing the F2P XP cap in Dungeoneering?"

No, the ‘cap’ in F2P is required in conjunction with the combat level cap. Removing it would make high-level F2P dungeons massively easy as well as rewarding. With the XP calculations as complicated as they are we’re treading a fine line with the cap as it is.

Changing the boundaries... improbable. Removing the cap... impossible.

hopeless

"Any plans on removing member doors from F2P, like you did with the pickpocket and agility shortcuts options?"

If we were to remove the members content from F2P dungeons, we would risk upsetting the balance of those dungeons.

Completion time might be shorter for a player on F2P versus members and as such we would have to introduce further mechanics to cap XP. We felt that this would be more detrimental to the experience in F2P.

OMG, further more cap? why cant they give a peaceful world of f2p without p2p content.

it is making f2p much like a demo where they say they want to remove p2p content from f2p.

not like it's that hard to win in FoG, it mostly noobs in there running around, using the houses, and training mage. just stand in the middle with your best prayer and you should have more charges

monoclesmilecopy.jpg

No, the cap in F2P is required in conjunction with the combat level cap. Removing it would make high-level F2P dungeons massively easy as well as rewarding. With the XP calculations as complicated as they are were treading a fine line with the cap as it is.

hopeless

Massively easy? I've done a 5:5 dungeon yesterday, me being 92 combat, the other 4 were 60-70 combat. We encountered several lvl 130+ celestial mages, primal warriors and rangers, while also having the libromancer as a boss. Everyone died like 5 times, and she calls this massively easy? O_o

No, the cap in F2P is required in conjunction with the combat level cap. Removing it would make high-level F2P dungeons massively easy as well as rewarding. With the XP calculations as complicated as they are were treading a fine line with the cap as it is.

hopeless

Massively easy? I've done a 5:5 dungeon yesterday, me being 92 combat, the other 4 were 60-70 combat. We encountered several lvl 130+ celestial mages, primal warriors and rangers, while also having the libromancer as a boss. Everyone died like 5 times, and she calls this massively easy? O_o

No, you don't understand jagex's circular logic!

99 dungeoneering achieved, thanks to everyone that celebrated with me!

♪♪ Don't interrupt me as I struggle to complete this thought
Have some respect for someone more forgetful than yourself ♪♪

♪♪ And I'm not done
And I won't be till my head falls off ♪♪

"Any plans on removing member doors from F2P, like you did with the pickpocket and agility shortcuts options?"

If we were to remove the members content from F2P dungeons, we would risk upsetting the balance of those dungeons.

Completion time might be shorter for a player on F2P versus members and as such we would have to introduce further mechanics to cap XP. We felt that this would be more detrimental to the experience in F2P.

OMG, further more cap? why cant they give a peaceful world of f2p without p2p content.

it is making f2p much like a demo where they say they want to remove p2p content from f2p.

Yeah...more caps would be great, because tripple penalizing us for missing P2P doors, and then another 50% reduction after the fact just because I've been playing long enough that I'm over 90 cb sounds too generous.

i played f2p longer than i have p2p, but like p2p more because there are more possibilities to have fun. different ways to level up a skill (variety = less boredom), more skills to train (i recently got 99 thieving). right now i am cutting ivy with a dragon hatchet.. i have gone from level 72-85 in 3 days and i am not "grinding" because it basically requires you to click once every 5 minutes. i don't feel the need to have to "grind" or play more because i am paying for membership. i could go to McDonald's and buy a meal that cost more and eat it in 10 minutes then i would be spending to play runescape for 31 days. people who like combat would see that there is a ginormous difference between f2p and p2p combat training/possibilities, plus you can level slayer and summoning at the same time which are two very helpful skills tied in together with combat, and even on their own. it's like math; we're taught algebra, trigonometry and geomtry and pre-calculus, but there are so many difference branches of mathematics that lead to even more satisfying and fun topics than their predecessors.

You should try to put commas and period in your next posting, trying to read through all that was very very difficult.

In any case, when you add up all that small time together that you spend on RS, it still really doesn't amount to anything in real life. Say if you spend 1 hour per day on RS, and do that 31 days, for 12 months for 25 yrs, that still amounts to 9300 (its just an example, so don't get worked over it). The possibility to grind when you want to hit a lvl 99 is a lot higher, and it simply means you have to do it longer as a F2p compare to P2p.

Most of the skill are so easy now that you can literally click once and leave it alone for 5 minutes (which you mentioned it yourself), and that kind of advantage is offer to P2p more compare to F2p. You will never escape the fate of grinding if you want to hit lvl 99 or hit 200mil xp. I can be super productive if I just work in real life and save bunch of money to pay off debt instead of playing RS, the argument goes both ways.

I am not sure about other F2p, but I don't play much as I would due to real life commitment, and its alright too. I had my fun, my grinding (which I enjoyed it, so no regret there), and some friend I made along the way.

Currently, all I want to do is achieve my goal, albeit very slowly, but I still enjoy it nevertheless, not to mention all the convenience of training easier, I can even be more productive than before (like mining runite, I can go to main lobby, stay there, cook my dinner, go in a world, mine ores, goes back out, take a shower, go into a world mine some ores, etc etc). At the end of the day (or one's life), if you can totally satisfied with what you once had, and no regret, that's pretty much whats count.

PS: As I mentioned in so many of my other post, you can do so many things in F2p for fun that combination is endless. Like try to set some challenges with friend to see who can run from one city to another a lot faster without using teleport. Or try to use firemaking to spell worlds on the map, or get scrap of meat and feed it to the dog near old air altar, or just sit by the beach side right beside the seaport with sound effects on, you get the idea.

are you [developmentally delayed]ed? in my opinion you forcefully used too much punctuation to try and prove a point that your grammar skills are superior, but i don't really care, just figured i would point that out.

Haters gonna hate.

Your posts consists of a grand wall of text that cause eyestrain in the first sentence. After the third sentence one just begins to say tl;dr

Wongton is better than me in anyway~~

94qbe.jpg

So basically what we had with the initial Dungeoneering update was an exp rate cap that would prevent F2P players from getting better exp rates than P2P. Fair enough I guess; P2P are supposed to get better exp rates (mostly at higher skill levels due to better training methods mind you).

Now that P2P has this higher exp rate, F2P still has a cap and members doors? This makes no sense whatsoever.

I expect removal of the cap with the final Dungeoneering update, which will bring new floors and further increase P2P exp rates.

Oh, did you hear about the first player to 120 Dung? Wonder how much longer it'll take for the first F2P player to reach that goal. :thumbsup:

f203f1850c.png

F2p should have the exp cap removed. I spend quite a bit of time trying to kill level 128 zombies in p2p. Now let's try killing that same zombie with FRACTITE weapons. The one time I tried doing a f2p dungeon (when my membership lapsed for 5 days) it took about a minute to kill a single level 128 zombie with my team of random 80 and 90s and myself.

Well, I can understand limiting f2p dungeoneering experience. What I don't understand is the sudden cut-off at level 90. It simply means that level 3 leechers, and the occasional competent team of level 80's will get better experience. If those level 80s go up a few combat levels... too bad.