The F2P General Discussion Thread

lionesshunt

Not to burst your bubble or anything....but the rapier wasn't that fantastic. The 2h was so much more worth the 40k tokens. I was also excited to get rapier; wasnt too impressed.

Interesting... then i guess ill buy the 2h once i get the freakin tokens... I was basically going off what the other people have said about the chaotic weapons.. but haven't heard much from the f2p crowd

chaotic is a different animal.

For gravite, it is just not worth it. Only the 2h is a real reward. The kicker...is the baxe speed.

has anyone seriously tried the gravite shortbow?? everyone keeps promoting the sighted long but after seeing in acting in clan wars it isn't worth it to me except for maybe it's amazing range

monoclesmilecopy.jpg

gravite shortbow really not providing much higher ranged bonus compare over to maple shortbow, so not worth getting it UNLESS it can use rune arrows, then it is different cases.

sighted bow is really good, but too bad it is longbow(slower speed). but it is still good for no to low risk pvp and time when needed high ranged bonus. in training is definitely shortbow better.

How do you guys train your smithing? I'm going for 60 right now (at 52), and am smelting iron bars to smith. This should get me around 56-58ish (will have around 2000). Any tips on how to keep going?

If you can, get the scroll of efficiency. It substantially lowers the cost of bar smithing. Otherwise just superheat stuff.

If you are going to use the SoE, do iron plates & alch. The lower "tier" the bar, the more bars saved.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

How do you guys train your smithing? I'm going for 60 right now (at 52), and am smelting iron bars to smith. This should get me around 56-58ish (will have around 2000). Any tips on how to keep going?

Try smelting steel bars using Superheat Item. You don't lose a lot and you get Magic XP too.

Owner of a comp cape since February 11th 2012.

If you can, get the scroll of efficiency. It substantially lowers the cost of bar smithing. Otherwise just superheat stuff.

If you are going to use the SoE, do iron plates & alch. The lower "tier" the bar, the more bars saved.

Agreed.

Take iron for example. Basically, you save one bar per 4 platebodies smithed. That is 5% saved. Or if you choose to smith platelegs (or any 3 bar item), it is 8.3% saved.

Steel:

1 bar per 5 platebodies => 4% saved

1 bar per 5 platelegs => 6.7% saved

Mithril

1 bar per 10 platebodies => 2% saved

1 bar per 10 platelegs => 3.33%

For f2p,

Over the course of the road to 99 smithing, if you buy iron bars and smith platelegs, you save 15m. If you do platebodies, it is around 10m.

I'd say that once you are comfortable with dung tokens, if you can afford 20k, then go for it. It is a one time fee, so might as well get it. Because there is not really a connection between dung tokens and gp (ie, saving 20k tokens for that gravite recharge is not going to translate to higher income for most people. exception is really really good pkers)

gravite shortbow really not providing much higher ranged bonus compare over to maple shortbow, so not worth getting it UNLESS it can use rune arrows, then it is different cases.

sighted bow is really good, but too bad it is longbow(slower speed). but it is still good for no to low risk pvp and time when needed high ranged bonus. in training is definitely shortbow better.

If you have enough tokens, you could replace your maple bow with grav short. It's is more accurate, especially for higher level monsters.

100% F2P

85 Mining achieved on Dec 4, 2007

85 Smithing achieved on May 28, 2009

anim7.png

How fast does the charge on gravite weapons deteriorate? I want to get one but I'm not exactly rolling in cash.

mbtz.jpg

Do keep a level head my friend,

in times when Danger rears its head

Against excessive joy defend,

O, my comrade doomed to die.

Arigorn_380.png

ἢ τὰν ἢ ἐπὶ τὰς

How fast does the charge on gravite weapons deteriorate? I want to get one but I'm not exactly rolling in cash.

It is noticeably slow. I trained 15k pray xp at Hill Giants (which seems to take an eternity) and I only used up 15% of the charge.

100% F2P

anim7.png

Taken from Wikia

You must pay 1,000,000 coins to use this weapon for 10 hours. A game tick is 0.6 seconds, so this is 60,000 game ticks of combat. Each hit takes 6 game ticks, so you can hit 10,000 times in 10 hours. That means that each hit costs 100 coins, approximately the price of bolt spells. Alternatively, each hit costs 10 coins and .0065 tokens if you choose to recharge using tokens.

Smithing - I did iron platebodies, they seem to be the cheapest way to train smithing via smithing. Otherwise I'd just mine iron while superheating. It's quite nice magic and smithing xp.

zuzmo.png

collio.png

[hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide]

Never gonna give you up.[/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide]

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

Smithing - I did iron platebodies, they seem to be the cheapest way to train smithing via smithing. Otherwise I'd just mine iron while superheating. It's quite nice magic and smithing xp.

May I also mention that superheating brings quite a bit of profit too?

Also, hey plasmaa, haven't seen you post here in a long time. :D You can change your forum name now, just so you know.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

And yes, the profit is about 150gp per spell. Should be higher/lower with the upcoming bonus weekend, can't be sure though.

And yes, I'm always reading on Tip.It. I just never post.. until I see a need to. Where can I change my name? :ohnoes: Last time I asked Cowman, he said TipIt never does name changes. <_<

EDIT: Nevermind, I found it. Though I accidentally changed my name to "i" and wasted one of my three chances. :o

zuzmo.png

collio.png

[hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide]

Never gonna give you up.[/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide]

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

Off-topic: just completed level 22 dungeoneon on medium solo... 2500 xp... at this rate its going to be a month or two until i get that rapier thats only slightly better than the rune scimmy..

Nice 2.5K xp, I got 1.7K <_<

You just CAN'T train this skill solo :thumbdown:

f34faal.png

B71AkU0.png      Fire_Hawk154.png

you just had bad luck then, it's not always like that. the other day i got 10k in a f35 med solo.

Hes also lvl 90+... 10k from a floor? were you on member world? (under your name it says your members)

Same question....I only get 10k+ on a med if I can doing 5:5 and we get no mem doors whatsoever.

Really hard to believe that you get that much on a solo.

100% F2P

anim7.png

Thats not the right thing to look at. I have never been P2P, the members is for the TIF. Anyway, I think it was just some terrible luck on that dungeon, I mean, there will always be member doors, but 3 doors blocking all the other bonus rooms, thats new to me. Could it be another JaGex conspiracy to [bleep] over free players? :ohnoes:

mbtz.jpg

Do keep a level head my friend,

in times when Danger rears its head

Against excessive joy defend,

O, my comrade doomed to die.

Arigorn_380.png

ἢ τὰν ἢ ἐπὶ τὰς

you just had bad luck then, it's not always like that. the other day i got 10k in a f35 med solo.

Hes also lvl 90+... 10k from a floor? were you on member world? (under your name it says your members)

Ehh I get that too. You guys just have bad luck with unclearable doors, I usually get around 7%-12% opened with the occasional 13%. ;)

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Ehh I get that too. You guys just have bad luck with unclearable doors, I usually get around 7%-12% opened with the occasional 13%. ;)

douvdFX.jpg

Blog