The F2P General Discussion Thread

lionesshunt

Can you even kill rats with your ping?

I can do stuff with my ping, but every 15-20mins or so, my internet connection would randomly lag out.

Sad but I just have to deal with it. :mellow:

@ Tank: That's what happens when you mark a world as your favorite. Dunno why it glitches though.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

Oh, ok, thanks I hadnt noticed it was only on my favorited worlds. Epic thread :thumbsup: :P

mbtz.jpg

Do keep a level head my friend,

in times when Danger rears its head

Against excessive joy defend,

O, my comrade doomed to die.

Arigorn_380.png

ἢ τὰν ἢ ἐπὶ τὰς

Yes, I understand that part, but I have encountered negative ping, and negative time makes no sense whatsoever

usually ping is negative when they haven't pinged it yet. If you wait about 5 minutes it'll fill in as received. Keep in mind that its sending these requests to ~170 worlds (not sure how many servers), and can take some time to get them all done.

Also, I've found my ping doesn't vary too much (unless someone in my house is streaming videos, or multiple instances of pandora are going). Usually its 80-90 for all US worlds. Worst ping I've had was 1000 on w57, I think it was glitching out. Also, only reason the 1000 went through is because its one of my two favorites.

99 dungeoneering achieved, thanks to everyone that celebrated with me!

♪♪ Don't interrupt me as I struggle to complete this thought
Have some respect for someone more forgetful than yourself ♪♪

♪♪ And I'm not done
And I won't be till my head falls off ♪♪

I wanted to say hi and good luck to everybody. My levels aren't exactly growing fast. 110 levels in 3 years, 73 levels if I remove those stinky 37 levels of Dungeoneering. I'm still hoping to achieve few 99-s in few months and years. Crafting, Magic, Smithing maybe, we'll see. Currently rank 177, best rank in 38 in 2007.

581st to Cooking 99 [June 2005]-------------71537th to Hitpoints 99 [December 2009]

233rd to Firemaking 99 [February 2006]----65875th to Defence 99 [February 2010]

822nd to Woodcutting 99 [March 2006]------95249th to Attack 99 [April 2010]

576th to Fishing 99 [september 2006]-------14016th to Crafting 99 [January 2011]

83541st to Strength 99 [May 2009]----------124340th to Magic 99 [June 2011]

23885th to Smithing 99 [september 2011]--XXXXXXth to Ranged 99 [October 2012]

F2p forever ...

I wanted to say hi and good luck to everybody. My levels aren't exactly growing fast. 110 levels in 3 years, 73 levels if I remove those stinky 37 levels of Dungeoneering. I'm still hoping to achieve few 99-s in few months and years. Crafting, Magic, Smithing maybe, we'll see. Currently rank 177, best rank in 38 in 2007.

Thanks. :} And best of luck to you!

Owner of a comp cape since February 11th 2012.

Thanks and best of luck to you as well.

mbtz.jpg

Do keep a level head my friend,

in times when Danger rears its head

Against excessive joy defend,

O, my comrade doomed to die.

Arigorn_380.png

ἢ τὰν ἢ ἐπὶ τὰς

Guys the price of big bones are getting ridiculous..... I thought with more hill giants they would be cheaper but they are more expensive than ever. Since July of 09 they have more than doubled in price. What could the reason for this be? I'm not sure but I will only kill moss giants now instead of giant spiders. :mellow:

i think maybe is because of the exp weekend, and also f2p have nothing to spent on except on bones, since the rare is useless.

chaos temple is good exp for low pray and combat lvl. but hill giant is still the way to go.

for me, i always kill hill giant at world 1 east of clan wars. 2 hit die and non stop spawning, it is very very good exp.

I train pray via dungeoneering. Using bones on a pray altar grants 4x exp, which is ftw. ^^

Since I would only be training combats via dungeoneering anyways... for money I got runecrafting for now.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

i think maybe is because of the exp weekend, and also f2p have nothing to spent on except on bones, since the rare is useless.

chaos temple is good exp for low pray and combat lvl. but hill giant is still the way to go.

for me, i always kill hill giant at world 1 east of clan wars. 2 hit die and non stop spawning, it is very very good exp.

I bury bones at busy world sometimes, but when I am alone, people usually comes in and start compete with me. At least other worlds are empty most of the time, it doesn't spawn that fast, but I can't bury that fast and walk around enough anyways.

In the end, I will probably mine runite ores and collect things to sell to supplement the prayer xp from chaos temple as well.

a happy Runescaper

Yeah, mine used to be top 30s back in the days, but I long since give up to fit myself up there, too much dedication to real life.

I am still working on my originals goals, slowly, but surely, I will eventually get those pesky 99s (plus that annoying 120 dung).

a happy Runescaper

I forgot how to log onto runescape for 2 months...

Ok, I put a virus on my computer and couldn't be ****** to sort it out.

Any decent F2P updates I should be informed on?

Jamje.png

null and void

I forgot how to log onto runescape for 2 months...

Ok, I put a virus on my computer and couldn't be ****** to sort it out.

Any decent F2P updates I should be informed on?

You miseed the Cryptic Clue Fest. :-(

Owner of a comp cape since February 11th 2012.

Does anyone remember Mendark 9 tip.it username? He was active in Arenascape section in 2005, but I can't remember the name.

581st to Cooking 99 [June 2005]-------------71537th to Hitpoints 99 [December 2009]

576th to Fishing 99 [september 2006]-------14016th to Crafting 99 [January 2011]

F2p forever ...

Does anyone remember Mendark 9 tip.it username? He was active in Arenascape section in 2005, but I can't remember the name.

I didn't know he was a member of Tip it forum. Only time I ever see him was at one of the world making air runes. You think those old legends would come back at least once in a while to do holiday event or something.

a happy Runescaper

I didn't know he was a member of Tip it forum. Only time I ever see him was at one of the world making air runes. You think those old legends would come back at least once in a while to do holiday event or something.

He definitely had an account here. He was occasionally selling 1 000 000 air runes in the market area here.

F2p forever ...

on a random note, how do we f2pers feel about being left out of bonus exp?

I guess i get where jagex is coming from, but maybe just a set 1.1 multiplier would've been nice.

Also would've persuaded some f2pers to sign up for membership i bet.