The F2P General Discussion Thread

lionesshunt

only need 3 more smith lvls before i can do diary (and a little luck with the rc part) but as i hate f2p smith so much im not going to bother

Dwarven stouts (bought in Falador) boost Mining and Smithing by 1. ;)

Owner of a comp cape since February 11th 2012.

only need 3 more smith lvls before i can do diary (and a little luck with the rc part) but as i hate f2p smith so much im not going to bother

Dwarven stouts (bought in Falador) boost Mining and Smithing by 1. ;)

only works for one level... I know from past experience.

EDIT: any tips on F2P RC, smithing, and crafting? Heres the kicker: without spending money (tanning hides doesn't count).

mbtz.jpg

Do keep a level head my friend,

in times when Danger rears its head

Against excessive joy defend,

O, my comrade doomed to die.

Arigorn_380.png

ἢ τὰν ἢ ἐπὶ τὰς

only works for one level... I know from past experience.

EDIT: any tips on F2P RC, smithing, and crafting? Heres the kicker: without spending money (tanning hides doesn't count).

Superheat is your friend. Prices on raw materials should start tanking about now since no one wants them after EXP weekend. Crafting some jewelry (emerald rings?) usually yields a profit, but it can be slow. Only way runecrafting costs a lot of money is if you make tiaras or if you're starting from lvl 1. If you have your explorers ring 3, you should get an extra 5% of the ess you craft. If you really, really don't like runecrafting, I'd suggest you get FoG gloves to lessen the time you rc and increase the time you're in combat. Keep in mind that the 75 fog tokens you give up are worth about 100k in rune gauntlets.

99 dungeoneering achieved, thanks to everyone that celebrated with me!

♪♪ Don't interrupt me as I struggle to complete this thought
Have some respect for someone more forgetful than yourself ♪♪

♪♪ And I'm not done
And I won't be till my head falls off ♪♪

Runecrafting water runes is the easiest way to make money and get decent exp with runecrafting gloves and its how i raised my runecrafting, which still isn't close enough but oh well. Crafting i was able to gain decent levels doing it through dungeoneering and just crafting protoleather boots after every run i did with all my left over money and the gear i sold.

Marksman0010.png

I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: 'O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.' And God granted it.

-- Voltaire

The hamper's just a box with a cooked swordfish, two lobsters and two tunas.

Nothing special.

yesterday i didnt get it, but today, my hamper contain 2 pizza, 2 swordfish, 1 lobster and 1 tuna.

edit: heh, the hamper cannot be banked, but the food taken out can, hohoho... good

So I have done all the tasks EXCEPT for the mith platebody one.

How do you guys think I should go about training smithing? I'm thinking of buying a scroll of efficiency and making iron plates.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

not smith steel bar is better? exp and efficiency wise. and better with 3 bar since % of retain bar minimum require 3 bar.

for me, i been training smithing smelting silver bar for almost ever since i can smelt it until 70 lvl. about total of over 40k of silver bar i think.

of course i have break in between doing other skill, or training crafting by crafting symbol. i remember the old days where i mine alot of silver ore, smelt it, craft it and sell it 1 by 1 at vorrock general shop (before GE) and earn my first million there.

i think i might continue doing this, if the price of silver drop. since it is the fastest way to train crafting while maintaining good smithing exp?

So I have done all the tasks EXCEPT for the mith platebody one.

How do you guys think I should go about training smithing? I'm thinking of buying a scroll of efficiency and making iron plates.

Iron plates seem okay. Steel would work too. You could also superheat and get some cheap magic xp.

Is the assist system possible for this task, then?

I actually really don't like training smithing... but I still have to for all 70 stats and stuff.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

Is the assist system possible for this task, then?

I actually really don't like training smithing... but I still have to for all 70 stats and stuff.

i already say that on the previous page and confirmed by Frede173. it will not work, everything has to be done by yourself

i do remember you saying achieve 70 lvl on all skill right? you still had to do it sooner or later.

[hide]Explorer's ring 4

When worn:

27 free Superheat Item castings per day (requires Magic level 43)

15 free High-level Alchemy castings per day (requires Magic level 55)

At all times:

50% chance of not using runes when casting Bones to Bananas (up to ten times per day)

A daily food hamper from the Lumbridge cook (cannot be banked)

Also:

Experience lamp - 9,000 experience in the skill of your choice over level 49

[/hide]

you not missing anything big, since explorer ring 4 not a big deal. for me it is just the same as explorer ring 3, since i dont superheat and alchemy

The hamper's just a box with a cooked swordfish, two lobsters and two tunas.

Nothing special.

yesterday i didnt get it, but today, my hamper contain 2 pizza, 2 swordfish, 1 lobster and 1 tuna.

edit: heh, the hamper cannot be banked, but the food taken out can, hohoho... good

mine contained 2 pizzas, 2 sword, 3 lobs :) Bought anchovies and sold the anchovy pizzas for 1.3k ea

100% F2P

85 Mining achieved on Dec 4, 2007

85 Smithing achieved on May 28, 2009

anim7.png

A bit off-topic but I was wondering if anyone knows the xp/hour doing body tiaras with the skull sceptre? I was thinking about using that and dungeoneering tele to do tiaras... Just running thing them from edge to altar and back its about 15k an hour...I was imagining that it could turn out to be near 30k an hour with scepter and dung tele.

Donate to S_U__O__M_I !!!!!!!!!!!!!

A bit off-topic but I was wondering if anyone knows the xp/hour doing body tiaras with the skull sceptre? I was thinking about using that and dungeoneering tele to do tiaras... Just running thing them from edge to altar and back its about 15k an hour...I was imagining that it could turn out to be near 30k an hour with scepter and dung tele.

Doesn't the skull septre break after 3-5 teles? you would need loads of them.

Doesn't the skull septre break after 3-5 teles? you would need loads of them.

Indeed... you are correct.. .But atm I am training and I figured I might as welll train on something that could help me get runecrafting levels..I am aiming for 100 of each piece.. I have about 10 so far from ankous... I plan on ranging the monsters on the other 3 levels to get the rest of te sceptre.. Its 5 teles per septre.. so 500 teleports = 14*500 = 7000 tiaras = 262,500xp for 5,950,000 gp (850x7000) or 22.66 gp per xp

Donate to S_U__O__M_I !!!!!!!!!!!!!

"I got the runes I needed to tick off a 'craft X runes' task, but it didn't tick off, why?"

If you were wearing the Lumbridge ring whilst doing runecrafting, you would have gained extra runes... however as this is the Ring's effect rather than your own skills, they don't count. Take the ring off and bank it before doing the runecrafting tasks.

hohoho, not even the help from ring is allowed when trying to craft 100 water runes.

I think my ring is glitched... I was crafting earths and noticed it stopped giving me extra earths from the ring. Less xp per trip = fail. :thumbdown:

And don't bother sceptering body tiaras, you waste too much time getting all the parts. Besides, tiaras waste too much money to be worthwhile.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

I think my ring is glitched... I was crafting earths and noticed it stopped giving me extra earths from the ring. Less xp per trip = fail. :thumbdown:

And don't bother sceptering body tiaras, you waste too much time getting all the parts. Besides, tiaras waste too much money to be worthwhile.

That's Jagex for you.

Owner of a comp cape since February 11th 2012.