The F2P General Discussion Thread

lionesshunt

I've been meaning to give it a try again once I got 80 attack, see if that helps anything

mbtz.jpg

Do keep a level head my friend,

in times when Danger rears its head

Against excessive joy defend,

O, my comrade doomed to die.

Arigorn_380.png

ἢ τὰν ἢ ἐπὶ τὰς

I'm going to spend effort getting an awesome bank picture for that forthcoming guide... give myself some credibility?

*banks and hoards all loot*

I'll probably get around to starting it this weekend. Stay tuned.

99 dungeoneering achieved, thanks to everyone that celebrated with me!

♪♪ Don't interrupt me as I struggle to complete this thought
Have some respect for someone more forgetful than yourself ♪♪

♪♪ And I'm not done
And I won't be till my head falls off ♪♪

nice developer console :) although i already have my own software to display fps, the console can display other important information such as memory used, in and out-bound transfer speed and etc

the refresh rate of the fps is TOO fast. 300ms or faster?

the new loading screen is nice, but quite a lot of things is non relevant to f2p.

and some good update that finally fixed included in the patch notes and 'In other news'

[hide]bound items and ring of kinship automatically equipped

explorer ring is working again for those who use superheat and alchemy

chef hat has been added to varrock costume store

f2p will correctly get new challenge rooms from the occult theme like it should.

[/hide]

sonic, is your explorer ring working after this update? i have not RC for quite sometime.

aaaarrrrgh!, great, just great...... i fail my first random event this year. the evil twin. it just happen to be so 'lucky', 2 chances also suddenly real move away and innocent move in. been scolded and teleported to the roof of white knight castle.

i remember the old days of sandwich lady, where i still dunno what the other bread is except sandwich, so i keep getting the wrong one. and got one time been teleported to the wildermess 48 lvl !!! where the ice giant and warrior is. i was like OMG WTF ?

not sure why jagex so harsh on it, 48 wilderness lvl !!! it is even possible?

then on my way out from wilderness, killed when around wilderness 15 lvl by a pker, he keep bind and hit me until dead and lost my whole inventory of anchovies, muahahaha, too bad.

not sure when, but i think is last year, that i accidentally wrong a random event and been teleported to a similar white surrounding, but luckily is ice mountain. i was like phew....

As the time comes once again to be f2p in order that I can focus on schooling I might take the time to learn how to pk. Any good advice for my stats anyone

75 attack

80 str

85 def

93 range

66 prayer

81 mage

88 hits

also if anyone wants to chill or pk together or something feel free to pm me. I also frequent the Hyt cc

-Racer434

"A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step." - Confucius

"choosing your path is the true trial", "the most honorable dilemma"

Racer. try not to die.

That is the best pking advice you'll ever receive.

Safe, tele, PJ and run. Only by combining the 4 shall you acheive nirvana.

Oh Yay that means i shouldn't be trying to be a honor pker and that makes me happy :)

So about Occult challenges in F2P dungeons... it = even less exp?

Most of them can be done in free play, you know.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

Good, I stopped dungeoneering for a while because it was boring having the same rooms over and over again... This should liven things up a bit.

mbtz.jpg

Do keep a level head my friend,

in times when Danger rears its head

Against excessive joy defend,

O, my comrade doomed to die.

Arigorn_380.png

ἢ τὰν ἢ ἐπὶ τὰς

Good, I stopped dungeoneering for a while because it was boring having the same rooms over and over again... This should liven things up a bit.

Dungeontime is so hard for f2pers, I really just noticed that after trying to find a f32 team for about forever... i feel like the training was much faster when it first came out and everyone was doing it

Mining is so much faster now in F2P with the bank deposit box in the dwarven mines. I got 61k xp in an evening of playing.

I managed to do a full inventory in 2 min (+/- 1 sec), so i could theoritically get 29,400xp an hour.

How intense were you paying attention? Because that exp rate may inspire me to get mining (my most hated skill) up, but if you were staring at the screen never blinking just to get fastest exp, it's not a sustainable pace.

With that exp, you're getting 840 ores per hour. With the price of iron being 222 last I checked, that's 186k per hour which is quite good for F2P.

I managed to do a full inventory in 2 min (+/- 1 sec), so i could theoritically get 29,400xp an hour.

That's actually slower than the Xp/hour you could make powertraining Mining, but very excellent for being able to bank the ores.

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

Powermining is like, 35k/hr? You'd have to value your time at around 1.1m/hr to powermine over banking at the resource dungeon, which is nearly impossible to make in F2P.

Yeah, it's not much of a difference but that 5k/hr adds up over the 13M Xp it takes to get 99.

It's still good Xp/hr, and, as I said before, excellent when you add the fact that you're banking ores while doing it.

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

Powermining is like, 35k/hr? You'd have to value your time at around 1.1m/hr to powermine over banking at the resource dungeon, which is nearly impossible to make in F2P.

Yeah, it's not much of a difference but that 5k/hr adds up over the 13M Xp it takes to get 99.

It's still good Xp/hr, and, as I said before, excellent when you add the fact that you're banking ores while doing it.

Yeah, it really adds up fast. Powermining at 35k exp/h would take 350 hours from 70-99. Banking would take 410 hours. That's a difference of 60 hours, or 17%. I for one would not like to spend 17% more time on a skill that I really hate. Then again, power mining is also a fair bit more borring then banking so I'd have to test it to see if the speed was worth the price. The 350,000 ores it takes from 75-99 would equate to 78.75M which is a whole lot of money even for a person like me who has a lot already. With these values, it's closer to 1.3M gp/h that you'd have to make in order to have power mining be 'worth it' just in terms of getting a 99 as well as 80M. Of course, if you're planning on making money after 99 mining, you might as well mine rune which can make nearly that much. So I guess it's all up to personal preference; powermine and mine rune later, or just bank all your ores and sell them.

I feel that banking despite time/xp lost is a concern for everyone but what about the idea of mining for smithing has that old idea gone away from the all of us.

It's still effective if you're a member and mining gold in the LRC.

To mine all of your ores and then smelt/smith them has, unfortunately, kind of fallen by the wayside as it's not a horribly effective way of training either skill, or to make money, so people tend to shy away from it. As our skill levels get higher, we begin to focus more on the most effective way to train them and less on simply just doing them.