The F2P General Discussion Thread

lionesshunt

Logitech is definitely the way to go. Mine is a first-generation optical that I got for my birthday the year they first came out, and it still works perfectly. :shades:

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

Yes, and their customer support and warranty is one of the best :) Enough talking about mice :P Got 60 dungeoneering on my pure today :) Only 4 more lvls for Gravite 2H :)

If someone wants to chat or train dungeoneering ingame, feel free to add me I love talking to people :D

lurifax.png

Logitech is definitely the way to go. Mine is a first-generation optical that I got for my birthday the year they first came out, and it still works perfectly. :shades:

i used some cheap brand mouse and all of it either easily spoil, cable problems, cant detected and etc.

then few years ago i also started to use logitech first-generation usb optical mouse. but everytime after about 1 year the left click is something wrong, it sometime tend to double instead of single click in 1 click(select file become open file), i already changed the mouse a few times.

all the same type of mouse end up the same problems and everytime also after i train my FM skill, WTF? maybe i start a thread and see anyone have their mouse problems after training FM.

it really make me started to wonder about the mouse, since my relatives, friends, their mouse almost never spoil, but me already changed 4 logitech usb optical mouse in the last 5 years.

is the 1st-gen logitech usb optical mouse bugged or what? and now it suddenly stop selling of the usb but the ps/2 is still selling.

ps/2 and usb is basically the same right? just that usb have hot-plug? since i like the basic 3 button and black color mouse while the price is cheap.

I'm currently mining iron ores using the dwarven mine deposit box method until 75. Probably get me around 3k ores or so.

However, here's the question. After I get these iron ores, is it worth it to buy the coal and superheat those into steel bars? And after that, should I get the scroll of efficiency and make them all into steel platebodies?

Man, smithing is troublesome... one of the reasons why it's kinda low on my list.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

I'm currently mining iron ores using the dwarven mine deposit box method until 75. Probably get me around 3k ores or so.

However, here's the question. After I get these iron ores, is it worth it to buy the coal and superheat those into steel bars? And after that, should I get the scroll of efficiency and make them all into steel platebodies?

Man, smithing is troublesome... one of the reasons why it's kinda low on my list.

I would just get 55 smithing for mithril and then superheat to 70, its by far the best way as you can actually profit and its pretty fast

"A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step." - Confucius

"choosing your path is the true trial", "the most honorable dilemma"

I would just get 55 smithing for mithril and then superheat to 70, its by far the best way as you can actually profit and its pretty fast

this. not only do you break even, it is also fairly quick 30k/hr.

If you bought coal and superheated, that is 800gp/bar. You could sell it for 200 profit rather than steel plates since you end up losing an additional 3000/plate.

100% F2P

85 Mining achieved on Dec 4, 2007

85 Smithing achieved on May 28, 2009

anim7.png

vol4ye.jpg loldg :(

any tips for lexicus runewright when meleeing him?

Um, don't? Lexicus hits too hard.

Also, most of the books have ridiculously low HP, easy 1 hits. If you're with someone else, you can split that up. It makes killing lexicus take about the same time too - you're not eating as much.

99 dungeoneering achieved, thanks to everyone that celebrated with me!

♪♪ Don't interrupt me as I struggle to complete this thought
Have some respect for someone more forgetful than yourself ♪♪

♪♪ And I'm not done
And I won't be till my head falls off ♪♪

You should bring a fire staff and nats with you when you mine and superheat the iron in between swings of your pickaxe. :thumbsup:

Also, most of the books have ridiculously low HP, easy 1 hits. If you're with someone else, you can split that up. It makes killing lexicus take about the same time too - you're not eating as much.

cba making arrows or runes lol. thx for the info about the books.

cba making arrows or runes lol. thx for the info about the books.

Just bind 125 frac arrows. They auto equip on start now so they don't take a spot and they come in very useful. That way, you just have to find a bow to kill Lex. Or, you could just bind 125 deaths, and make airs if you find Lex.

I've actually found that binding a spinebeam longbow is VERY worth it. Most bosses are a lot easier with range, and also that way you can safespot those lvl 111 warriors you find and save your prayer for the boss.

i hate this skill (dg) as a pure :wall:

my low dg lvl (15) stops me getting teams

my 2 def makes monsters own me

my stupid 2h got me a def lvl

ima nerd rage soon :twisted:

your such a mother [bleep]er. whats with all this bombchu [cabbage]? all everyone who likes this [cabbage] is stupid. ur a [bleep]ing cheater. u did that the wrong way, thats not how to get past the king zora u cheater. u suck and i wont continue watching all ur [cabbage]! videos

he mad?

i hate this skill (dg) as a pure :wall:

my low dg lvl (15) stops me getting teams

my 2 def makes monsters own me

my stupid 2h got me a def lvl

ima nerd rage soon :twisted:

Hehe yeah, u always swear u wont use crush on a boss again, and still u do and next floor youre on defensive :( My pure is 3 defence from that :/ Hes almost 62 dg tho :) Whats your pures name we could add eachother ingame?

lurifax.png

Damn, I really need to get to work with my guide... Haven't even finished half of it and there's already so many unanswered questions >.<"

For Lexicus, use ranged. Since you'll be 5:5 larging furnished floors anyways, there will be plenty of level 45 forgotten rangers (the ones in dromoleather), and they always have a chance of dropping spinebeam longbow or fractite arrows. If you bind the thing, it's even better. I find binding a melee weapon along with a ranged weapon and arrows a good setup. I can just mage barehanded anyway.

If you're soloing, just melee him. He's easy there. Just kill the books, they make the fight much easier.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

went to w1 today, saw someone selling a santa hat. Checked the price, 100.8m. Had 98ish m in the bank. <_< Offered him water tallies, didn't have enough. Went to the RC guild to cash out my tokens.

A bit over 98m, 250 water talismans, and I got myself a nice old santa. I've got no idea what street price is, but at this point I don't care. No matter how rare these things get, I'll still have one.

Also bought another gravite 2h today. Hopefully this one will last just as long, or longer than the last one. Not sure when I'll get the PVP bug, but when I do I'll be ready. I've got 100.8m I need to make up :razz:

♪♪ And I'm not done

Damn, I really need to get to work with my guide... Haven't even finished half of it and there's already so many unanswered questions >.<"

For Lexicus, use ranged. Since you'll be 5:5 larging furnished floors anyways, there will be plenty of level 45 forgotten rangers (the ones in dromoleather), and they always have a chance of dropping spinebeam longbow or fractite arrows. If you bind the thing, it's even better. I find binding a melee weapon along with a ranged weapon and arrows a good setup. I can just mage barehanded anyway.

If you're soloing, just melee him. He's easy there. Just kill the books, they make the fight much easier.

Really? I was under the impression range would be best to solo him. If I melee, should I slash or crush? Or smith a longsword and stab him?

Really? I was under the impression range would be best to solo him. If I melee, should I slash or crush? Or smith a longsword and stab him?

Of course, ranged is the safest approach. But melee is proven faster killing than ranged at everything not called a giant bat or forgotten mage. In a solo situation, Lexicus can be taken down really easily, so you can melee him all you like. Stab or slash attacks are great against him, but he's surprisingly resistant against crush for some reason.

In a team, forget melee. You take way too much damage from Lexicus there, so you're better off with ranged.

And you're a baxe/2h user, correct? Unless you're a pure, use a spear instead.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

At last i got my pure a Gravite 2H! :) Loving it so far hehe :P

Well, congrats! |^_^| Just don't lose it, hehe.

Also, today me and Cubemoon (another member of the Dragoons) had to duo a 5:5 Night-Gazer Khighorahk. That particular f28 large was awfully long... and terrible too. 1 ragequitted, 1 left for the most part until near the end of the dungeon (AFTER we duo'd Khighorahk), and 1 went to key and clear dead ends himself. That left me and Cube doing most of the bossing work. I lagged a lot during the dungeon as well... ended up dying 3 times, 2 of them from regular monster rooms. The whole thing took 2 hours, and got 12k exp for our efforts...

W7 really fails when not a lot of Dragoon clanmates are on. But what can I do? *points to my 74 dunge and 87 combat* :mellow:

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

W7 really fails when not a lot of Dragoon clanmates are on. But what can I do? *points to my 74 dunge and 87 combat* :mellow:

Form your team on W7, have them join your personal CC, then direct everyone to hop to a different world.

♪♪ And I'm not done

What monster should I kill, if i am training 60-80 strength with 45 attack, and 30 defence. Im looking for some profit also, and not having to bank very often. Minotaurs for iron arrows maybe?

lurifax.png