The F2P General Discussion Thread

lionesshunt

Ooo Sonic, sounds like a bad experience. >.< Tell us about the ragequitter; maybe we can avoid having this situation occur in the future.

He had curses on, so he was unable to use prayers. But after he died, he just ragequitted for whatever reasons not known.

And as for the guy who dc'd partway, he "left" for about an hour before returning. I guess the 10 minutes thing only applies to soloers.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

Flesh Crawlers

Okay, thanks :) They are afkable for 20 minutes at a time arent they?

Something like 20 minutes. Make sure you use the room on the south-east (there is one in the middle somewhere but I'm not sure where). That room only has fleshies and no skeletons which will tear you appart as a pure.

When I trained there, I brought 10 str pots (4) and the rest swordies, but that was long before str pots jumped in price. But I'd suggest, best armour you can take, a str pot or 2, and the rest lobs/swordies.

As for profits...it all depends how much you want. Definitely pick up the uncuts. If you really want to pick up runes, they build up pretty quickly, though, they are not worth a whole lot. When I trained, the uncuts paid for my str pots I used and the runes paid for the food. I used at least 10 str pots per trip so if you're not using any / one or 2 then that will be profit. Also, pick up the staff parts when you have room. They make a nice looking collection. I got over 600 staff parts just from picking them up when I had extra inv space.

For food, get a good fishing/cooking level (50+), and fish the salmon/trout at Barbarian Village.

Basically your "free" source of food if you have tons of feathers on you. I can kill lots and lots of flesh crawlers without ever having to restock, but if you're a pure, it may be a different story.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

For food, get a good fishing/cooking level (50+), and fish the salmon/trout at Barbarian Village.

Basically your "free" source of food if you have tons of feathers on you. I can kill lots and lots of flesh crawlers without ever having to restock, but if you're a pure, it may be a different story.

Or just go to a populated world and beg. :thumbup: Last time I was at Barb (for Gunnars Ground) there were plenty of fish on the ground ready to be cooked in the helmet shop.

Flesh Crawlers

Okay, thanks :) They are afkable for 20 minutes at a time arent they?

Something like 20 minutes. Make sure you use the room on the south-east (there is one in the middle somewhere but I'm not sure where). That room only has fleshies and no skeletons which will tear you appart as a pure.

When I trained there, I brought 10 str pots (4) and the rest swordies, but that was long before str pots jumped in price. But I'd suggest, best armour you can take, a str pot or 2, and the rest lobs/swordies.

As for profits...it all depends how much you want. Definitely pick up the uncuts. If you really want to pick up runes, they build up pretty quickly, though, they are not worth a whole lot. When I trained, the uncuts paid for my str pots I used and the runes paid for the food. I used at least 10 str pots per trip so if you're not using any / one or 2 then that will be profit. Also, pick up the staff parts when you have room. They make a nice looking collection. I got over 600 staff parts just from picking them up when I had extra inv space.

Don't forget that you no longer autolog after 5 minutes, unless you're being attacked.

Now it's 5 minutes, being attacked or not.

24bjlt2.png

-new channel-

That's a lot of planning for simple skills like combat. I remember I just walk to ice cave where the ice giants are, and fish lobster on the way. All I did was bring my full rune gear, lobby pot, fire staff, natures runes and some gp for ship fare. Usually good yield of profit and moderate xp back then. At least most of the stuff ice giants dropped are stackable or alchable.

I would say that half of my other non combat skills are all fueled by the runes and gp from ice giants (still use the laws I gathered almost 3 years ago)

In fact, I never afk on skill like combat since randoms might pop out and attack you, and places like those are usually filled with other people, just feel not right if I don't response when they ask me questions. (Also a common spots for Top F2p to hang out back then)

a happy Runescaper

That was about 1 or 2 years ago where zombies, shade or other high level randoms would come out and attack you. Of course, now it's mostly harmless random event that either note your stuff or teleport u to some odd places. Besides, it still alright that you keep an eye on ur RS screen while watching video in the vicinity (in the same room, where you can still reach the keyboard), which I would refer to as AFS (away from RS tab or window). As oppose to AFK, where you are not in the same room and doing other stuff.

One of my friend lost some good armors back then when he was too busy reading stuff on RuneHQ, and killed by a river troll (he was pretty shocked to see himself end up in Lumby. I actually enjoy fighting the randoms as they drop good stuff sometimes, got a few rune pick and rune bar from golems. Rune axe from tree sp. Tons of big bones from Zombie.

a happy Runescaper

anyone know what they fixed with blastbox?

how you know it been fixed in the first place if you dunno what is the bug it had? today news? then there should write what had fixed

anyway it is being stated in the news today that it is been fixed to be able use fire bolt.

i still cant find any news or patch notes stated that explorer ring extra runes is fixed, i wonder... busy with thing, then later on forget and lazy to go test it.

how you know it been fixed in the first place if you dunno what is the bug it had? today news? then there should write what had fixed

anyway it is being stated in the news today that it is been fixed to be able use fire bolt.

i still cant find any news or patch notes stated that explorer ring extra runes is fixed, i wonder... busy with thing, then later on forget and lazy to go test it.

I don't. I have no idea what the bug was, but curious as to see if any owners can spot a difference.

100% F2P

85 Mining achieved on Dec 4, 2007

85 Smithing achieved on May 28, 2009

anim7.png

I don't. I have no idea what the bug was, but curious as to see if any owners can spot a difference.

The blastbox now works with Fire Bolt.

yes the problem with the chaos runes and bolt spell in the blastbox is now solved. Time to test and analyze the blastbox and all other dungeoneering magic items! There was a specific topic for the blastbox but faded away and i think most membership players are not really interested in obscure F2P items. So i post it here for all F2P sympathists. The blastbox is for sure one of the most odd in game items. It found more little secrets than the RS manual told us.

The box adds an extra tiny blast next to the normal blast splash. This means the new magic max hit is a calculation instead of one huge hit. Call it the first spacial attack on F2P if you like it. The blast necklace and gravite staff boosts up the fire blast up to 186, the blastbox can max hit 50. The extra blast is not +25% extra damage added up but just a separated calculated spell. The new max hit is theoretically 186 + 50 but these two max splashes will never happen simultaneously in game.

The blastbox works on monsters and players, but is most effective on monsters.

The box discounts on required runes for each spell:

For fire blast spell: 1x death, 3x air and 5x fire runes, that's 1 less air each casted spell.

For fire bolt spell: 2x air rune instead of 3x, that's 1 less air each casted spell.

Okay, is it really worth the 40K tokens? Nah, the box is not really essential to be one of the best battle-mages. 1st choice is the combo of blast necklace and gravite staff, 2nd Tome of Frost and 3rd the blastbox. The gravite staff looks to most players plain ugly. They taunt at me it a rake, backscratcher and fryfork. :angry: But has still the cool-factor when wielded at Grand Exchange, because very few players own the staff on free world. The Tome of frost can be very usefull at water and air runecrafting (teleport to Falador for banking and teletab back to altar). The blastbox gains you more xp each cast and surprises many players in Clan Wars and Duel Arena.

Some picture proofs:

1286381909-90.png1286383171-60.png

1286381246-290.png

greedy44.png

Sucks being mid-low leveled (57), cant get in to any good dg teams :S World 7 is killing me, a large dung takes 2hours+...

It gets better, and if you stay that combat level it stays better for quite some time. If your a good dger people will find you...

"A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step." - Confucius

"choosing your path is the true trial", "the most honorable dilemma"

Sucks being mid-low leveled (57), cant get in to any good dg teams :S World 7 is killing me, a large dung takes 2hours+...

For me it takes around an hour or so with W7 randoms. For some reason, whenever I'm on now, most of the Dragoon clanmates are off...

An alternative is to continue doing your "leecher" tactic. That 33k exp... I have never gotten that high doing normal dungeons. If you can do those dungeons efficiently, then you can definitely gain some good exp.

My crap keying skills really puts me at a disadvantage with level 3 leecher dungeons... not to mention it's just a fail way to dunge for me.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog