The F2P General Discussion Thread

lionesshunt

Just to clarify, those are actually pillars of blood.

At first I thought it was blood too but I'm not so sure.

When you fail to fix the pillars it'll say something along the lines of "You got some of the liquid on your hands and it severely burned you."

Last time I checked though, blood wasn't acidic, so why does it burn? Unless it's like, boiling or some acidic monster blood or something. I'm not sure.

It's Alien blood from the future! Somebody call Ripley! :lol:

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

What is that one alter with the shade roaming around it. Is it summoning or something?

I think it involves prayer, herblore, and firemaking. I heard it CAN be cleared on f2p but I'm not entirely sure.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

What is that one alter with the shade roaming around it. Is it summoning or something?

The poltergeist puzzle. Needs herblore and thieving, so F2P can't clear it.

And since we're on the subject of dungeoneering, there's this myth going on about the monolith room that the lower your magic level when you activate it, the lower leveled the shades are. Frankly, I think that is complete nonsense and that the shade's levels are randomized to an extent.

The poltergeist puzzle. Needs herblore and thieving, so F2P can't clear it.

And since we're on the subject of dungeoneering, there's this myth going on about the monolith room that the lower your magic level when you activate it, the lower leveled the shades are. Frankly, I think that is complete nonsense and that the shade's levels are randomized to an extent.

I don't know about that, but every time you bail out the next activation becomes easier. Bailed three times once, and the fourth try only 3 shades spawned the entire time.

99 dungeoneering achieved, thanks to everyone that celebrated with me!

♪♪ Don't interrupt me as I struggle to complete this thought
Have some respect for someone more forgetful than yourself ♪♪

♪♪ And I'm not done
And I won't be till my head falls off ♪♪

what weapon should i use in dung if i want to train str and keep my defence at 1?

your such a mother [bleep]er. whats with all this bombchu [cabbage]? all everyone who likes this [cabbage] is stupid. ur a [bleep]ing cheater. u did that the wrong way, thats not how to get past the king zora u cheater. u suck and i wont continue watching all ur [cabbage]! videos

he mad?

or battle-axe - has two options (slash and smash) to train str exclusively.

♪♪ And I'm not done

ok i will try both 2h and baxe and see what i like more, thanks

your such a mother [bleep]er. whats with all this bombchu [cabbage]? all everyone who likes this [cabbage] is stupid. ur a [bleep]ing cheater. u did that the wrong way, thats not how to get past the king zora u cheater. u suck and i wont continue watching all ur [cabbage]! videos

he mad?

what weapon should i use in dung if i want to train def and keep my strength and attack at 69 & 70 respectively?

But truly, what are the thoughts here on new items implimented into the game with the warped floors. Occult brought two items to the game, however, with warped being much higher level member only content do you believe that the chances of new items for everyone diminish. Personally I'm not particularly expecting any new content, but would hapily be pleastly surprised. Also even if I can't personally whitness them I really want to see what awesome bosses and enemies Jagex scrunge from their craniums. :twisted:

1yrb49.jpg

I would use either the 2h or the spear. The 2h is best for higher leveled monsters while the spear is better for low levels.

While the spear is an excellent weapon (I use it myself), it won't work for him because it gives only shared and defense Xp. No way to train Strength or Attack exclusively.

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

The best melee weapons in f2p are as follows:

Spear > 2h =~ maul > longsword =~ battleaxe > rapier >>>>>>>>>>>>>> warhammer/dagger (they both fail)

However, since you only want to train strength, the spear and longsword are out. Spears can only train controlled and defense, and while longswords CAN use slash aggressively, its stab is in controlled stance, so you're better off using the battleaxe or rapier.

And of course, for ranged, it's longbow >>>>>>>>>>>> shortbow. Speeds of longbows are buffed, and they have MUCH higher accuracy too.

Magic, it's catalytic staff =~ fire staff (do you want saved runes or extra damage?) > air staff > earth staff > water staff.

But honestly, being a pure in dungeoneering can be really disadvantageous. Since the monsters are so accurate and strong, you'll end up getting hit a whole lot. You're better off training dungeoneering on a main, high-leveled account, unless you're going for a gravite 2h or something.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

Magic, it's catalytic staff =~ fire staff (do you want saved runes or extra damage?) > air staff > earth staff > water staff.

Ive always found fire staff far more efficient than catalytic.

Its just too much hassle to create fire runes on top of everything else, and i would only consider it for a large.

But honestly, being a pure in dungeoneering can be really disadvantageous. Since the monsters are so accurate and strong, you'll end up getting hit a whole lot. You're better off training dungeoneering on a main, high-leveled account, unless you're going for a gravite 2h or something.

Thats kinda the reason you would want to be a pure in dung.

Plus, its not that hard to hide behind your teammates, unless your doing a rush.

O.O

ok im useing a frac 2h now and its working well.

whats a good dung lvl to start teaming i dont want to solo dung, ive tryed that and hated it

im aiming to get grav 2h, staff, necklace and blast box on my pure for pking and clan wars :unsure:

he mad?

whats a good dung lvl to start teaming i dont want to solo dung, ive tryed that and hated it

im aiming to get grav 2h, staff, necklace and blast box on my pure for pking and clan wars :unsure:

Level you're at now is fairly appropriate.

zBSYE.png

^ Blog.

Zh0c4.gif

That sucks Pinky.

lol for pking?? unless you are the best pker in rs....you should risk that much tokens man

100% F2P

85 Mining achieved on Dec 4, 2007

85 Smithing achieved on May 28, 2009

anim7.png

lol for pking?? unless you are the best pker in rs....you should risk that much tokens man

I'm not the best pker in rs, but I won't PK without one now. That being said, I've already lost 5 gravite weapons... Hurray lag! I would be a bit more angry about it, except I've gained in excess of 30m from loots (considering each kill averages about 200k, that's alot :shock: )

6m per gravite weapon, and a whole lot of fun killing peeps? Count me in for number 6.

♪♪ And I'm not done

Lol pink... I'm glad I don't normally play on weekdays lol.

And how better is a gravite 2h for normal training purposes? For pures, should it be used over the rune scimitar?

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

im going to pk with all that because i can and i dont mind risking, it makes it more fun for me

he mad?

I'm currently working on 99 Crafting 2050k to go. After that probably I will have my usual depression time. Then my ranged 91 and magic 93 are getting some xp, at my speed these will not be 99 in a while. With magic also smithing will raise, probably I'll get that also 99. Then only 4 skills left. Prayer seem impossible at my bank worth, mining is just so tedious, runecrafting takes for so long. I don't know much about dungeoneering. In few months I'll eventually fall out of f2p top 250 table, but it is my destiny. As for dungeoneering, these fast 35-45 levels will be a desert for me in the future. :rolleyes:

581st to Cooking 99 [June 2005]-------------71537th to Hitpoints 99 [December 2009]

233rd to Firemaking 99 [February 2006]----65875th to Defence 99 [February 2010]

822nd to Woodcutting 99 [March 2006]------95249th to Attack 99 [April 2010]

576th to Fishing 99 [september 2006]-------14016th to Crafting 99 [January 2011]

83541st to Strength 99 [May 2009]----------124340th to Magic 99 [June 2011]

23885th to Smithing 99 [september 2011]--XXXXXXth to Ranged 99 [October 2012]

F2p forever ...

What are you doing to train Crafting, mackenzie? Are you going for max XP/hr or are you making some profit along the way?