The F2P General Discussion Thread

lionesshunt

lol for pking?? unless you are the best pker in rs....you should risk that much tokens man

I'm not the best pker in rs, but I won't PK without one now. That being said, I've already lost 5 gravite weapons... Hurray lag! I would be a bit more angry about it, except I've gained in excess of 30m from loots (considering each kill averages about 200k, that's alot :shock: )

6m per gravite weapon, and a whole lot of fun killing peeps? Count me in for number 6.

Do you normally risk a gravite rapier or long along with a 2h? also I saw you yesterday :)

"A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step." - Confucius

"choosing your path is the true trial", "the most honorable dilemma"

lol for pking?? unless you are the best pker in rs....you should risk that much tokens man

I'm not the best pker in rs, but I won't PK without one now. That being said, I've already lost 5 gravite weapons... Hurray lag! I would be a bit more angry about it, except I've gained in excess of 30m from loots (considering each kill averages about 200k, that's alot :shock: )

6m per gravite weapon, and a whole lot of fun killing peeps? Count me in for number 6.

Maybe its just me, but i would rather have the gravite weapon than 6 mill :P

O.O

Do you normally risk a gravite rapier or long along with a 2h? also I saw you yesterday :)

First two times yes, but found that I didn't need the rapier to get as good results. Also didn't like risking 80k tokens in one go, so the 2h is my limit. I'll be getting another soon. :mrgreen:

99 dungeoneering achieved, thanks to everyone that celebrated with me!

♪♪ Don't interrupt me as I struggle to complete this thought
Have some respect for someone more forgetful than yourself ♪♪

♪♪ And I'm not done
And I won't be till my head falls off ♪♪

First two times yes, but found that I didn't need the rapier to get as good results. Also didn't like risking 80k tokens in one go, so the 2h is my limit. I'll be getting another soon. :mrgreen:

So do you pk with scimmy on stab and then switch to the 2h to be on crush already? I think that the range switch is a little more tricky for me as i have to switch to longrange before hitting with the 2h

So do you pk with scimmy on stab and then switch to the 2h to be on crush already? I think that the range switch is a little more tricky for me as i have to switch to longrange before hitting with the 2h

Nowai. Scimmy on stab is like g2h on slash. You don't do it.

Until you have it down, stay in fixed window mode. Hotkeys are f1 and f5, f1 shows inventory, f5 shows attack styles. In one fluid motion, equip G2H, then press f5, then click crush, then attack your opponent, and press f1 (back to inventory). If you hit an f-key twice, your menu will close (not good!). It takes some practice, but when you have it down it can be very effective. Make sure you do the same when you go back to your other weapon (scimitar or bow). By the way, I've accidentally gained a defense level from not switching back. :oops:

99 dungeoneering achieved, thanks to everyone that celebrated with me!

♪♪ Don't interrupt me as I struggle to complete this thought
Have some respect for someone more forgetful than yourself ♪♪

♪♪ And I'm not done
And I won't be till my head falls off ♪♪

Nowai. Scimmy on stab is like g2h on slash. You don't do it.

Until you have it down, stay in fixed window mode. Hotkeys are f1 and f5, f1 shows inventory, f5 shows attack styles. In one fluid motion, equip G2H, then press f5, then click crush, then attack your opponent, and press f1 (back to inventory). If you hit an f-key twice, your menu will close (not good!). It takes some practice, but when you have it down it can be very effective. Make sure you do the same when you go back to your other weapon (scimitar or bow). By the way, I've accidentally gained a defense level from not switching back. :oops:

Really, I seem to hit better with a scimmy on stab than with it on slash and my attack is horrible

HA! Meatshield! Like in Gears of War2!

I've gotten other titles too =p

I Can Has Heim Crab? - eat heim crabs only.

It's A Trap! - teleport to ggs and die after. Especially easy to get on skeletal horde or Bal'lak the pummeller.

It's Too Easy! - use a mix of melee, ranged, and magic.

Balanced! - kill the boss close to death, with lots of food in your inventory. Easy to get with luminescent icefiend.

Least I Ain't Chicken - be the only one to enter the boss room.

Tele-Fail - ggs teleport in the exact same room, same spot.

The Gate Escape - use gatestone teleport while low on health.

Anyone got any others?

Had one called "Beast Mode"

beastmode.png

24bjlt2.png

-new channel-

What are you doing to train Crafting, mackenzie? Are you going for max XP/hr or are you making some profit along the way?

Most of my xp from 85-97 was made doing gold amulets.

Why gold amulets?

1. Exremely easy to buy bars and sell amulets. Just buy 35000 gold bars and start making, no need to think.

2. Crafting 27 amulets takes a lot of time and I can surf in the web same time.

3. I don't have time and consistancy to know how's the market (mostly gems), and I might lose a lot of money.

4. They actually give a pretty neat profit, about 40-48 gp each amulet. So doing 1 000 000 xp guarantees you about 1,5m profit.

5. Xp is quite acceptable, 30k per hour.

581st to Cooking 99 [June 2005]-------------71537th to Hitpoints 99 [December 2009]

233rd to Firemaking 99 [February 2006]----65875th to Defence 99 [February 2010]

822nd to Woodcutting 99 [March 2006]------95249th to Attack 99 [April 2010]

576th to Fishing 99 [september 2006]-------14016th to Crafting 99 [January 2011]

83541st to Strength 99 [May 2009]----------124340th to Magic 99 [June 2011]

23885th to Smithing 99 [september 2011]--XXXXXXth to Ranged 99 [October 2012]

F2p forever ...

Cool. Thanks. :thumbsup: I'd been considering amulets for training, but wasn't sure how they'd work. Glad to see they work well.

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

Smelting/superheating gold ore is a very popular p2p way to train smithing due to goldsmithing gaunts.

The GE is usually flooded with gold bars.

True. And gold amulets sell pretty fast too.

It's a great way to train if you don't want to lose alot of money since the Silver bars are at a ridiculous price. (Ridiculous in my opinion.)

Smelting/superheating gold ore is a very popular p2p way to train smithing due to goldsmithing gaunts.

crashNburn, you realize this is the F2P discussion thread right? Besides, we can't use goldsmithing gloves.

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

crashNburn, you realize this is the F2P discussion thread right? Besides, we can't use goldsmithing gloves.

CrashNBurn was stating why the GE is flooded with gold bars:

-Living Rock Cavern has Concentrated Gold Ores @ 80 mining.

-You can superheat a gold bar with goldsmith gaunlets on, a quest reward from Family Fued, for 56.2 smithing and 53 magic experience (although he did link to RSWiki not TipIt Database <_< ), increased from 22.5 experience per smelt.

-Superheating between each ore gained causes no loss in mining speed because you mine one per 4 ticks (a tick is 0.6 seconds) and can superheat between them.

-There is very little use for Gold Bars hence most are sold on GE. Their major use is in creating Jewellery.

Of all the Jewellery Unstrung Gold Amulets are the most cost effective to train magic with. These are semi-afk able (similar to cooking) and grant 83 magic exp and 4 crafting exp per amulet strung, which take 1.8 seconds to make per amulet, and use 10 earth, 5 water and 2 astral runes per amulet.

All in all this means that there are tons of Gold bars available for us on GE from members using Goldsmith gauntlets to train smithing and high demand for our unstrung amulets from the members training mage. Resulting in us making a profit from gaining crafting exp.

1yrb49.jpg

HA! Meatshield! Like in Gears of War2!

I've gotten other titles too =p

I Can Has Heim Crab? - eat heim crabs only.

It's A Trap! - teleport to ggs and die after. Especially easy to get on skeletal horde or Bal'lak the pummeller.

It's Too Easy! - use a mix of melee, ranged, and magic.

Balanced! - kill the boss close to death, with lots of food in your inventory. Easy to get with luminescent icefiend.

Least I Ain't Chicken - be the only one to enter the boss room.

Tele-Fail - ggs teleport in the exact same room, same spot.

The Gate Escape - use gatestone teleport while low on health.

Anyone got any others?

Had one called "Beast Mode"

beastmode.png

I think I should stay away from you incase you smell me and run berserk destroying everything on your path.

La Vallett1

A.k.a. "Nostalgic Vallett"

What's been said must be done.

Yeah. I don't like wireless mouses either. Everytime the batteries are empty it somehow won't reconnect for the first couple of times. I'm using a very cheap 7,95 Logitech wired mouse now. It works awesome.