The F2P General Discussion Thread

lionesshunt

Speaking of FoG, I need to get new rune gauntlets because I lost mine. Has it changed much with the advent of Gravite weapons?

Nah. Most people are still level 30s trying to get some free Magic XP. :shades:

Sweet although my rune scim went with my gauntlets so a 2h or a longsword will have to do if I melee them. Or would my dagger work?

mbtz.jpg

Do keep a level head my friend,

in times when Danger rears its head

Against excessive joy defend,

O, my comrade doomed to die.

Arigorn_380.png

ἢ τὰν ἢ ἐπὶ τὰς

Speaking of FoG, I need to get new rune gauntlets because I lost mine. Has it changed much with the advent of Gravite weapons?

Nah. Most people are still level 30s trying to get some free Magic XP. :shades:

Sweet although my rune scim went with my gauntlets so a 2h or a longsword will have to do if I melee them. Or would my dagger work?

I guess a longsword would be OK. Don't you have enough money for a rune scimitar?

Owner of a comp cape since February 11th 2012.

When I died I had 22k in my bank lol. I do have the money now, but Im loathe to take away from my "Sara Helm Fund" because making money is slow for me.

mbtz.jpg

Arigorn_380.png

ἢ τὰν ἢ ἐπὶ τὰς

When I died I had 22k in my bank lol. I do have the money now, but Im loathe to take away from my "Sara Helm Fund" because making money is slow for me.

You should sell your full saradomin, buy full rune and keep the money until you've found a 'very good' money maker. :P

FoG can actually be quite profitable; 170K for one pair of rune gauntlets and 300K for a rune berserker shield.

Owner of a comp cape since February 11th 2012.

For woodcutting, my preferred method is to wc maples at the new resource dungeon, and using ring of kinship to bank at Daemonheim.

I don't really know what to do with my maples though... I know I am going to use these for firemaking, but if fletching ever becomes f2p, I'm screwed. Basically means I need to cut even MORE trees. I'm too nitpicky with my cash, because I know there are better things for me to spend on (smithing, for example).

If you're DIYing your logs for firemaking, it's actually better to chop willows. Because you chop them so much faster, you end up getting faster firemaking experience AND faster woodcutting experience (especially if you burn on the spot instead of banking). And obviously since you burn them, the profit is the same either way, so seems like a no-brainer, right?

That's not really true. Maples are a little bit slower than willows considering the wc exp but the fm exp makes maples just better when firemaking right there. Banking the maples is stupid, though. I've a video for this training method:

More infos in the commentary. If you only want wc exp I would recommend to cut willows and drop them.

[404] Signature not found.

You should sell your full saradomin, buy full rune and keep the money until you've found a 'very good' money maker. :P

FoG can actually be quite profitable; 170K for one pair of rune gauntlets and 300K for a rune berserker shield.

I just realised I have about 500 cut gems in my bank... looks like I have a way to get 50 crafting and make some money :P so I'm good thanks for the advice though.

mbtz.jpg

Arigorn_380.png

ἢ τὰν ἢ ἐπὶ τὰς

I still need to get 35k tokens for a gravite weapon, but being cmb 92 in f2p dung is to painful for me :(

Get your sibling to make a level 3 account and have them AFK while you dung. Or a friend irl. Doesn't matter, they don't have to do anything.

99 dungeoneering achieved, thanks to everyone that celebrated with me!

♪♪ Don't interrupt me as I struggle to complete this thought
Have some respect for someone more forgetful than yourself ♪♪

♪♪ And I'm not done
And I won't be till my head falls off ♪♪

In what I would considder a fairly profitable couple hours this afternoon I got my gauntlets back, plus some extra tokens. Thanks for the idea Frede

mbtz.jpg

Arigorn_380.png

ἢ τὰν ἢ ἐπὶ τὰς

Today I did more dungeoneering as usual. Got my last floor, f33 finished, and reset my ring.

However, I'm going to quit dunge for a bit. Why? Because of all the ragequitters I constantly meet throughout the dungeon. Seriously, with ragequitters in the way, there are many stuff that just can't be done in the dungeon. About 1/3 through the dungeon, we found a switch room... when 2 members of the team already left the party. There was also a level 83 strength door, and one of the quitters just happened to have that level. The guardian rooms were also unlucky, there were way too many ranging and magic creatures. I ended up dying 5 times, all because my stupid prayer kept running out. In the end, I got 9k exp for 1h 30min worth of work...

That's it. W7 has blown my last straw. If I'm ever going to dg again, I'm pure soloing.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

Sonic, the issue is not the ragequitters, it's you (I'm being quite honest, and I don't mean to be rude in any way). We'll have to run a dungeon together (just me, you, and 3 strangers) so I can see maybe where you're going. I've been in many random teams and I've never had a ragequitter (save for maybe one in every 300 different teammates), so I have a feeling it's your approach that's scaring everyone away.

Once again, constructive criticism that you can feel free to question, try out, or ignore. If I suppose you're just merely having bad luck, then I'll let you say it's bad luck.

zBSYE.png

^ Blog.

Zh0c4.gif

Congrats to El Popo1 for getting 120 Dungeoneering today & don't know when he got 200M Ranging =D> :thumbup:

Youtube user name: birdman258 200MCook 200mPrayer MakinWines MyF2pSkillers

Going for Level 99 Magic & Level 99 Smithing!!!

Going for 200M Woodcutting exp!!!!!!!

0346-0077-6360 Mario kart Wii

I hope that you are Reporting the Bots! Please Report Bots.

I also have never had any 'ragequiters'. Though, there are a fair number of people who underestimate the time to do a 5:5 large and end up having to leave near the end due to parents / class / other reasons. That, and the people who lag out. Now that there are official worlds, everyone seems to do dungeoneering on those worlds which makes things really sketchy if your internet connection is already weak.

The other day I was doing f34 with a 5:5 large where 1 person had to leave 20 minutes in and 2 people were having connection issues such that they were logged in far less then logged out. The game didn't shut us down because we had done all the rooms that needed 5 people but have you ever done a monolith room meant for 5 lvl 100+ when you've got a 102 and a 105? Yea... 4 deaths, but we managed. And what did we get for our 1h20m? A super generous 4.5k exp! Thank you Jagex for being so nice to us F2Pers who chose to train all our skills and not just the ones that will keep our combat below 90 or break the rules by either multi-logging with lvl 3's or encouraging others to break the rules by afking...

I also have never had any 'ragequiters'. Though, there are a fair number of people who underestimate the time to do a 5:5 large and end up having to leave near the end due to parents / class / other reasons. That, and the people who lag out. Now that there are official worlds, everyone seems to do dungeoneering on those worlds which makes things really sketchy if your internet connection is already weak.

yup, i also almost never had such cases. only ppl underestimate the time will quit to something important, most ppl will just play until the end. i just dont understand why ppl such high dungeon lvl would just quit.

i suggest just 4:4 or 5:4 so something like that to make everything easier, Sonic.

btw MUAHAHAHA, gratz me on 99 cooking, last 10 lvl done in 2 week with only few hours per days. and earning few millions from cooking pizza and sometime swordfish.

i plan to up RC, but the explorer ring is not working for so long already, i wonder why not yet fixed?

I think the main issue is when 1 ragequits, usually another one follows suit, and then it becomes a huge disaster. It happens to me ALL THE DAMN TIME, and it's usually because of a death, or they realized they already did that floor. >.<"

My approach? Everyone tools, everyone fights, and everyone safes. 1 keyer with the ggs, the rest fighting (melee/range/magic equally), maybe some gathering some food or resources. I tell someone to help me (or us help the keyer) with guardian doors or skill/puzzle doors I cannot do. I ignore dead end doors as well. I honestly don't see how this is a bad approach...

Seriously, are people really that stupid? It's a simple procedure which unfortunately a lot of random teammates don't seem to get.

@ zhong: Yeah, in the future when I pair up with randoms, I'm going to do 5:4 larges.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

[...] My approach? Everyone tools, everyone fights, and everyone safes. 1 keyer with the ggs, the rest fighting (melee/range/magic equally), maybe some gathering some food or resources. [...]

This is just about what I always do when I play with randoms. It's never easy to coordinate. If you're the keyman, you can undirectly 'lead' them. Otherwise, stick with that.

zuzmo.png

collio.png

[hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide]

Never gonna give you up.[/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide]

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

If you've got to do a switch room with less people, use gatestones! It actually works 9/10 times :thumbup:

Yeah good luck doing a 5-man switch room with 3 people >.>

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Two people with gatestones? I agree the timing is hard, but it should be doable.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

Ive been in Clan Wars recently using a battle axe for lack of a scim and I have realized that the battle axe is epic. Why don't more people use them?

mbtz.jpg

Arigorn_380.png

ἢ τὰν ἢ ἐπὶ τὰς

Ive been in Clan Wars recently using a battle axe for lack of a scim and I have realized that the battle axe is epic. Why don't more people use them?

Mostly because of speed. Scim's widely used due to highest dps.

100% F2P

85 Mining achieved on Dec 4, 2007

85 Smithing achieved on May 28, 2009

anim7.png

Maybe its my combination of 80 defence and a defence amulet thats keeping their dps down then cause I'm doing epic right now :P

Note that I'm talking of their actual dps, I understand that theoretically the scimitar has a higher dps than my battleaxe.

mbtz.jpg

Arigorn_380.png

ἢ τὰν ἢ ἐπὶ τὰς

If you're wearing full rune, of course they will have trouble hitting you. Scimitars can only slash and that doesn't do very well on plated armor.

The advantage of a battleaxe is not only can it slash, but it can crush too. Crush does better on plated enemies than slash.

Longswords can slash and stab efficiently. Although I'm not sure who uses chainbodies, stab fares better on hide, perhaps because dragons are weak to them too.

It's really due to weakness exploiting that causes you to be so epic in cwars. Magic users make things even better.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog