The F2P General Discussion Thread

lionesshunt

Gah, smelting is soo slow... I've got to smelt a total of 11k iron ore.

Use superheat, faster than smelting + mage exp. Win win.

lol im making 38,787 gold amulets for 80 craft ><

Ya I was doing those for 70 crafting and then I realized that I could flip for the money I would lose on tarias and still get the level much faster. Needless to say I changed to the silver crafting. idk depends on how good you are at making money otherwise

"A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step." - Confucius

"choosing your path is the true trial", "the most honorable dilemma"

not even one ppl mention about zombie invasion?

it rock dude(watch youtube), too bad i didnt online yesterday

going out for awhile now, hope they dont start the invasion anytime soon :(

Ya I already was in the invasion in 141, and it was pretty crazy. The level 73 zombies are kinda hard to kill cause they have tons of hp :/ but other than that its really fun to see 100 or more zombies just running around

Its pretty easy once you get into the rhythm.

And it makes the rest of your runescape life so much easier, i haven't had to grind for money in ages.

Yeah I'm making about 600k a day with 8m start up money. And in F2P, that kind of money goes a long way.

And it makes the rest of your runescape life so much easier, i haven't had to grind for money in ages.

Yeah I'm making about 600k a day with 8m start up money. And in F2P, that kind of money goes a long way.

What sort of stuff do you flip? I don't need your exact items, but a general theme would be nice. I was a doing pretty well before this summer, but over the summer I invested in 1M gold ores (thought smithing update would be in summer) while I took 4 months off for work/sports and that tanked. Since then I've tried other ores, but they just go the same route. Stable until I buy them, then just fall.

What sort of stuff do you flip? I don't need your exact items, but a general theme would be nice. I was a doing pretty well before this summer, but over the summer I invested in 1M gold ores (thought smithing update would be in summer) while I took 4 months off for work/sports and that tanked. Since then I've tried other ores, but they just go the same route. Stable until I buy them, then just fall.

fish, logs, ores, tt items, rune armour

Raw materials.

Owner of a comp cape since February 11th 2012.

M'kay, exactly what I figured. I've always done raw materials but since I've had loads of homework I haven't bothered to check which one's are good. Oh well, guess I can't always be the one making hundreds of M's. I guess I'll stick to my free crafting exp and not worry about making any GP until I can put in the effort.

lol im making 38,787 gold amulets for 80 craft ><

Ya I was doing those for 70 crafting and then I realized that I could flip for the money I would lose on tarias and still get the level much faster. Needless to say I changed to the silver crafting. idk depends on how good you are at making money otherwise

If you're going to do silver crafting, you're better off doing unstrung symbols. It's only 2.5 exp less per bar, with much less loss. (Current GE price for symbols of 128 compared to 26 for Tiaras).

TT items.

500k+ a day shouldn't be TOO hard, ive never made a significant loss on those. Raw materials seem a little riskier for me, but ive made more than a mill a day on those.

O.O

TT items.

500k+ a day shouldn't be TOO hard, ive never made a significant loss on those. Raw materials seem a little riskier for me, but ive made more than a mill a day on those.

Right now i'm flipping for maple longbows and raw tuna. In reality its better to have more wealth in items rather than cash. I try to keep most of my value in coal or somthing cause i heard it guards against inflation

Item flipping is something I'll never master >.> guess I'll just stick to skilling for cash.

Both rc and mining are great f2p moneymakers though.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

Item flipping is something I'll never master >.> guess I'll just stick to skilling for cash.

Both rc and mining are great f2p moneymakers though.

Well, I'm only restricted to playing on weekend, so making an extra 2-3m during schooldays helps a lot. All I have to do is log in before school to buy, log in before bed to sell, and I'm good.

Also, buying water/earth/death Runes from Aubury and the witch in Rimmington, as well as buying feathers from Lumby/Rimmington can get you about 50k a day.

Right now i'm flipping for maple longbows and raw tuna. In reality its better to have more wealth in items rather than cash. I try to keep most of my value in coal or somthing cause i heard it guards against inflation

I personally always have most of my money in cash, aside from the ~30% which is used daily for flipping, it would be more but being F2p at the moment has limits which make it hard to utilize all my money, (2 ge slots, lack of expensive items). I only really ever use 15-20 mill of my 50.

I could do a long term investment to suck up the rest of my cash in the hope of a rise, but i don't trust long term item hogging because im always scared of items crashing down due to updates and the like (EG, what stiles did to lobsters).

O.O