The F2P General Discussion Thread

lionesshunt

Just lost my second G2H, sigh... The 40k saradomin amphora was the one that doomed me this time :( Why cant they make it like, if your weapon is charged 90% its worth 90k or why not 900k as that is the real worth...

That's too logical.

GOP robes should be worth 1k ess each, or 20 water talisman each, but they're not (125 gp I believe).

And that is why I don't risk things like that in PvP.

Too many items have the wrong alch prices, when they're really worth way more than that.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

Just lost my second G2H, sigh... The 40k saradomin amphora was the one that doomed me this time :( Why cant they make it like, if your weapon is charged 90% its worth 90k or why not 900k as that is the real worth...

That's too logical.

GOP robes should be worth 1k ess each, or 20 water talisman each, but they're not (125 gp I believe).

In G2h's part, i think its a balancing factor, like the crush switch thing that needs to be done, its so its not overpowered in PVP and can actually be lost.

O.O

That's too logical.

In G2h's part, i think its a balancing factor, like the crush switch thing that needs to be done, its so its not overpowered in PVP and can actually be lost.

indeed but I would rather like to be able to ko people with range, or mage. ragerageragerage...

"A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step." - Confucius

"choosing your path is the true trial", "the most honorable dilemma"

Range only KO's with D Bow or Handcannon to some extent...and those are P2P..

give f2p magic shortbow + spec, and we have a range KO weapon

Range only KO's with D Bow or Handcannon to some extent...and those are P2P..

give f2p magic shortbow + spec, and we have a range KO weapon

I'd rather not... just give ranged level 40 stuff just like melee.

With magic, here comes the problem. Are wave spells + snare the best idea? Or would that be a bit overpowering?

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

It (read: wave spells and magic bows) would probably balance things out for the most part, but because neither range nor mage are really that efficient or powerful in F2P, most people are meleers. So there you probably be mase raging by the general population over the fact that they can no longer kill a mage without taking off their full rune. Just a guess.

In light of that, I want to get my magic level up. Do I need 70 smithing to superheat addy bars?

mbtz.jpg

Do keep a level head my friend,

in times when Danger rears its head

Against excessive joy defend,

O, my comrade doomed to die.

Arigorn_380.png

ἢ τὰν ἢ ἐπὶ τὰς

It (read: wave spells and magic bows) would probably balance things out for the most part, but because neither range nor mage are really that efficient or powerful in F2P, most people are meleers. So there you probably be mase raging by the general population over the fact that they can no longer kill a mage without taking off their full rune. Just a guess.

In light of that, I want to get my magic level up. Do I need 70 smithing to superheat addy bars?

super heating requires the smithing level for whateva you would of smithed.

f2p range should be given rune arrows and yew long/short bow.

f2p mage should get wave spells and the next grade of bind/curse's. + level 40 mage level armour.

mlpfim20percentcoolersi.jpg

I'm a Brony and proud of it!

I think a 15 second bind is what mage needs, not 10. Jagex could have fixed mage a long time ago with the release of FoG - make the robes bind people for an extra amount of time instead of messing with the probability of binding them. Blastbox gives mage a KO-ability, you just need to hide it until they get relaxed in eating.

Haven't had much time to play runescape this week, so I haven't worked much on my guide. There's a ton left to do :blink:

99 dungeoneering achieved, thanks to everyone that celebrated with me!

♪♪ Don't interrupt me as I struggle to complete this thought
Have some respect for someone more forgetful than yourself ♪♪

♪♪ And I'm not done
And I won't be till my head falls off ♪♪

Well, thats annoying... now i either have to do mith bars or just addy ores...

Anyway, though I am a melee person, I would love to see more balance in the triangle, or a set up where the triangle is not necessary.

mbtz.jpg

Do keep a level head my friend,

in times when Danger rears its head

Against excessive joy defend,

O, my comrade doomed to die.

Arigorn_380.png

ἢ τὰν ἢ ἐπὶ τὰς

I died again twice while pking today and still no kills. I'm officially not going to no arm any more.

I prbly could use a better connection also :/

gluttonousbehemothlevel108.png

I'm level 87... lol.

Yea, my f2p dungeoneering account (has ONLY done DG for his levels) has real trouble with the Furnished floor bosses. At level 40 cb, I get level 79 runewrites, 89 rammernauts, 69 saggitarres. It just doesn't work for me.

The only bosses I can kill on solo runs is Rammernaut with magic and runing, and stomp, whos level 57, which I still need a full invetory of flatfish+ for.

whatisrush-1.png

Fisher/Woodcut------Me-----Miner/crafter----Stabber----Leecher

^Golvellius must be so proud^

FlowerPower.png

I died again twice while pking today and still no kills. I'm officially not going to no arm any more.

Good luck getting fights... pures will run half the time.

I keep feeling like i have to be in a clan to get any kills

Good luck getting fights... pures will run half the time.

I keep feeling like i have to be in a clan to get any kills

Clans/teams are fun, but you won't get very much loot.

O.O

Sonic, why are you praying range instead of magic?

And what was the outcome of the fight?

For some reason I thought range does the most damage... then I realized its melee attacks hit more so I switched to melee later on.

I ALMOST managed to defeat him without dying, behemoth had a slither of health left. Luckily I put the ggs inbetween the food so I can kill it right after :D

I mean, the Gluttonous Behemoth is an easy boss, but not when it's much higher leveled than I am. Plus, I was no-arming because I wanted to rush through the dungeon.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Going to train Ranged on flesh crawlers. Should I wear green d'hide chaps or rune platelegs? I'm 99 Defence btw

D'hide chaps ftw ;)

Flesh Crawlers hit much less than Giant Spiders.

With a full inv of Salmons you'll survive +- 70 minites :)

B71AkU0.png      Fire_Hawk154.png

D'hide chaps ftw ;)

Flesh Crawlers hit much less than Giant Spiders.

With a full inv of Salmons you'll survive +- 70 minites :)

Safespotting in the southwest corner of the southeast room is pretty much unlimited if you sling 'em to death. You can bow 'em too and it's faster but you need to restock arrows.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog