The F2P General Discussion Thread

lionesshunt

Anyone know a good place to mine silver ore?

crafting guild, it has been there since classic, couple with explorer ring and bank at port sarim for quick banking, it is just perfect

rune essences is droping like waterfall, i going to use all my money on it, either to flip or train RC myself

There is none.

one of the dunge mines in the dwarfen mine is an ok place, cant remember what one though.

crafting guild, it has been there since classic, couple with explorer ring and bank at port sarim for quick banking, it is just perfect

rune essences is droping like waterfall, i going to use all my money on it, either to flip or train RC myself

Even if there were good places to mine silver (those ones are mediocre at best), it still wouldn't be worth mining. Nobody buys it and the xp sucks.

Even if there were good places to mine silver (those ones are mediocre at best), it still wouldn't be worth mining. Nobody buys it and the xp sucks.

i will still mine it, since except world 1 mining iron in dwarven mine is good exp, other i not very like it since i also tired of mining coal, so i rather mine silver and gold ore while waiting silver to respawn.

and yes, there are ppl buy silver ore, the reason is that it provide good smithing exp, while not losing money. i once smelt over 40k into bars and half of it into symbol before GE release and while silver bar and symbol price is similar in GE few years back. and also not to say can semi afk, surfing net and etc while doing it

I bought 40K nature runes at 180, sold at 194. Made about more than half a million in 2 days. Does that count?

zuzmo.png

collio.png

[hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide]

Never gonna give you up.[/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide]

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

I bought 40K nature runes at 180, sold at 194. Made about more than half a million in 2 days. Does that count?

hmm it seems like you might know what your doing... just possibly

"A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step." - Confucius

"choosing your path is the true trial", "the most honorable dilemma"

sounds like you're getting it. personally, I wouldnt hold on to any stock for more than a day, but if it works for you, do it.

Well, I'm going for 99 magic. I'm at 93 now. I profit every alch, considering I buy my Nature Runes at 200. So I profit regardless.

Sure, I lose out on opportunity cost, but hey, profit is profit, right?

zuzmo.png

collio.png

[hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide]

Never gonna give you up.[/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide]

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

Can someone explain to me how the skiller thing in dungeoneering works?

On the first day of Dungeoneering many high level members came to F2P to get fast levels because of lower level bosses. Jagex didn't like this, so they put a hidden 50% exp reduction on F2P dungeoneers over 90 combat.

Now, doing a dungeon with a low level player reduces / nullifies this reduction. I'm not sure if this is because it 'tricks' the game into forgeting it, or if you just get more exp for doing all the combat work but either way, you get more exp then if everyone was 90+.

Can someone explain to me how the skiller thing in dungeoneering works?

On the first day of Dungeoneering many high level members came to F2P to get fast levels because of lower level bosses. Jagex didn't like this, so they put a hidden 50% exp reduction on F2P dungeoneers over 90 combat.

Now, doing a dungeon with a low level player reduces / nullifies this reduction. I'm not sure if this is because it 'tricks' the game into forgeting it, or if you just get more exp for doing all the combat work but either way, you get more exp then if everyone was 90+.

It's because it's based on the average combat level of the team.

Also, in 5:5 settings (especially in large dungeons), lower leveled players generally get more experience (sometimes more than 20%, all things being equal).

If you're high in combat (120+), W61 is usually filled with leeches.

99 dungeoneering achieved, thanks to everyone that celebrated with me!

♪♪ Don't interrupt me as I struggle to complete this thought
Have some respect for someone more forgetful than yourself ♪♪

♪♪ And I'm not done
And I won't be till my head falls off ♪♪

Also, in 5:5 settings (especially in large dungeons), lower leveled players generally get more experience (sometimes more than 20%, all things being equal).

If you're high in combat (120+), W61 is usually filled with leeches.

Yea it makes me feel bad when i team with 2 level 120+'s who are great rushers, and yet i get more XP than they do despite being level 50 or whatever.

O.O

Also, dung with skillers makes the dungeon really easy for you. I usually do with 3 skillers and 1 other cmber. The majority of monsters are lvl 50 and below. Makes it easy on the food since I hardly need to pick up any.

100% F2P

85 Mining achieved on Dec 4, 2007

85 Smithing achieved on May 28, 2009

anim7.png

Just lost my second G2H, sigh... The 40k saradomin amphora was the one that doomed me this time :( Why cant they make it like, if your weapon is charged 90% its worth 90k or why not 900k as that is the real worth...

lurifax.png

Just lost my second G2H, sigh... The 40k saradomin amphora was the one that doomed me this time :( Why cant they make it like, if your weapon is charged 90% its worth 90k or why not 900k as that is the real worth...

That's too logical.

GOP robes should be worth 1k ess each, or 20 water talisman each, but they're not (125 gp I believe).

99 dungeoneering achieved, thanks to everyone that celebrated with me!

♪♪ Don't interrupt me as I struggle to complete this thought
Have some respect for someone more forgetful than yourself ♪♪

♪♪ And I'm not done
And I won't be till my head falls off ♪♪