The F2P General Discussion Thread

lionesshunt

Trust me, it will work wonders :) regular fire blast already does a great job, imagine this ;) you just have to know how to use it :P

Blastbox might make for a KO if you don't use it the entire fight... equip it when they're least expecting it and the extra damage could push them over... Of course, once they know you have a blastbox they won't let their HP get below 200.

Im not trying to ko the full runers with mage here, either hit them hard until they take armor off, and g2h them or just outlast them and biind/blast them while they run ;) Did great on an old pure with this method, it can only be better with higher hits and g2h :P

I'll be laughing when you lose 140k tokens (close to a chaotic), on a setup which will more than likely be ineffective because of safing and the like.

That was very informative.

lurifax.png

Trust me, it will work wonders :) regular fire blast already does a great job, imagine this ;) you just have to know how to use it :P

Blastbox might make for a KO if you don't use it the entire fight... equip it when they're least expecting it and the extra damage could push them over... Of course, once they know you have a blastbox they won't let their HP get below 200.

Im not trying to ko the full runers with mage here, either hit them hard until they take armor off, and g2h them or just outlast them and biind/blast them while they run ;) Did great on an old pure with this method, it can only be better with higher hits and g2h :P

I'll be laughing when you lose 140k tokens (close to a chaotic), on a setup which will more than likely be ineffective because of safing and the like.

He's right though. I've done my fair share of f2p pking back in the days, and unless low level full rune'rs with 600 ish hp have stopped safing/running, then you're never going to get many kills as you would with just regular melee + g2h for the KO.

Staurolite.png

He's right though. I've done my fair share of f2p pking back in the days, and unless low level full rune'rs with 600 ish hp have stopped safing/running, then you're never going to get many kills as you would with just regular melee + g2h for the KO.

I have also pked in f2p on pures for about 4-5 years now, so I do know what im talking about. Obviously they safe and run etc, but it is not impossible to kill them. I was just asking for the max hit, thats all. FYI i have already bought the mage stuff :)

lurifax.png

I have also pked in f2p on pures for about 4-5 years now, so I do know what im talking about. Obviously they safe and run etc, but it is not impossible to kill them. I was just asking for the max hit, thats all. FYI i have already bought the mage stuff :)

So basically, your risking over 140k tokens, which is 30 hours of work for something that can maybe effectively kill a very small portion of the unprepared pker.

Theres not enough rune pures miles away from the bank with no access to a teleport for it to be worth doing, may as well just range 2h.

O.O

So basically, your risking over 140k tokens, which is 30 hours of work for something that can maybe effectively kill a very small portion of the unprepared pker.

Theres not enough rune pures miles away from the bank with no access to a teleport for it to be worth doing, may as well just range 2h.

this

100% F2P

85 Mining achieved on Dec 4, 2007

85 Smithing achieved on May 28, 2009

anim7.png

That's why I don't risk or even buy stuff like gravite - once you lose it, it's gone forever, and it won't really do too much anyways.

I'm just wondering, how much gp/hr do you guys earn pking? If it's a good amount (like 300k+/hr or so), I might probably consider investing my time into it.

Would only start if I'm 90+ cb though.

EDIT: Ooh I'm part of the 3k post legions ;D black knight trainer title ftw?

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

That's why I don't risk or even buy stuff like gravite - once you lose it, it's gone forever, and it won't really do too much anyways.

I'm just wondering, how much gp/hr do you guys earn pking? If it's a good amount (like 300k+/hr or so), I might probably consider investing my time into it.

I just don't see it, 75king was fixed a long time ago and f2p loot isnt even that good.

O.O

Matter of luck I guess... You can always get a single drop worth 300K+ a/o be on a 'dry streak' and only get drops worth 50K or less. EP does nothing IMO

Owner of a comp cape since February 11th 2012.

Hmm, if PvP isn't as good as it was claimed to be, back to skilling for me I guess. :mellow:

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

It is my choice isnt it? I think its a lot more fun when you know youre risking a lot of work/money and that makes me better at surviving. Lets just drop this now, I pk the way I want and you pk the way you want ;)

I usually get anything between 200-400k in loot per hour,but of course you can have very bad loots at times. Its not a steady source of income, but it is fun and can also be good :)

lurifax.png

It is my choice isnt it? I think its a lot more fun when you know youre risking a lot of work/money and that makes me better at surviving. Lets just drop this now, I pk the way I want and you pk the way you want ;)

I'm just advising against a bank risk, though its probably too late now that youve already brought it. I mean, you hear people quitting over void... Which you can understand given how long full void takes.

Your setup takes 2-3 times as much time to replace as full void...

O.O

gonna wc oaks to 60 on my pure. thats kinda fast and its 500k. then i will spend that on 43 mage and start training mining so i can super heat iron, fun fun

now i just need to find a world with empty iron....

your such a mother [bleep]er. whats with all this bombchu [cabbage]? all everyone who likes this [cabbage] is stupid. ur a [bleep]ing cheater. u did that the wrong way, thats not how to get past the king zora u cheater. u suck and i wont continue watching all ur [cabbage]! videos

he mad?

i know. once i start 1 hitting it i will be fine. its just before that that will be anoying

your such a mother [bleep]er. whats with all this bombchu [cabbage]? all everyone who likes this [cabbage] is stupid. ur a [bleep]ing cheater. u did that the wrong way, thats not how to get past the king zora u cheater. u suck and i wont continue watching all ur [cabbage]! videos

he mad?

i know. once i start 1 hitting it i will be fine. its just before that that will be anoying

If you're just looking for training, try the copper that's right beside the iron ore in dwarven mines (that is, if you have the dunge level for the deposit box). The exp isn't that much different from iron given the time you'd spend looking for open worlds and it's nice profit. As long as you can't 1-hit iron every time, you're going to end up getting crashed at iron anyway, might as well stick to an ore that no one competes for,

If you're just looking for training, try the copper that's right beside the iron ore in dwarven mines (that is, if you have the dunge level for the deposit box). The exp isn't that much different from iron given the time you'd spend looking for open worlds and it's nice profit. As long as you can't 1-hit iron every time, you're going to end up getting crashed at iron anyway, might as well stick to an ore that no one competes for,

im sure jagex took the depost box out in a hidden update.

he mad?

im sure jagex took the depost box out in a hidden update.

It's still there. ;)

Owner of a comp cape since February 11th 2012.

Does anyone know why adamantite ore has been on a steady decline in price for a while now?

mbtz.jpg

Do keep a level head my friend,

in times when Danger rears its head

Against excessive joy defend,

O, my comrade doomed to die.

Arigorn_380.png

ἢ τὰν ἢ ἐπὶ τὰς

I just have a quick question. Why have addy ores been dropping in price for a while?

EDIT: sorry for the double post, I was confused as to the use of the cancel button.

mbtz.jpg

Arigorn_380.png

ἢ τὰν ἢ ἐπὶ τὰς

oh well, there goes my money-maker temporarily... looks like ill give DG a try again.

mbtz.jpg

Arigorn_380.png

ἢ τὰν ἢ ἐπὶ τὰς