The F2P General Discussion Thread

lionesshunt

Hi, just wondering, what do f2p dungeoneers think of the mercenary leader room? Personally me and my team have real trouble clearing it, in the end with multiple deaths. Kind of ruins any 5:5 larges =(.

Any tips you could offer me?

So far I've had it twice, both times being on 4:4 larges. Both time the mercenaries 'only' had T8 equipment, so I can't talk with the experience of someone who's been piled by multiple T11 foes :D

Unless you have a laggy internet connection, you should be able to complete the room if using the right protection prayers, having enough food and gs'ing out when necessary.

Owner of a comp cape since February 11th 2012.

So you didn't die once?

First time I came across it, all T11 monsters cuts me down in like 5 secs even through pray. Ended that dungeon with ~-60% penalty due to deaths lol =)

Second time T8 or T9ers, cut me down in like 8secs through pray =O. Could only get max 3 hits on the leader lol.

Coupled with the fact many of the hits were zeroes, I decided to call it a day for dungeoneering. Shame, I was hoping to get 85 dung soon.

Recommend stuff like full fractite, praying mage, with full inv flatfish+?

lnfernuus.png

So you didn't die once?

First time I came across it, all T11 monsters cuts me down in like 5 secs even through pray. Ended that dungeon with ~-60% penalty due to deaths lol =)

Second time T8 or T9ers, cut me down in like 8secs through pray =O. Could only get max 3 hits on the leader lol.

Coupled with the fact many of the hits were zeroes, I decided to call it a day for dungeoneering. Shame, I was hoping to get 85 dung soon.

Recommend stuff like full fractite, praying mage, with full inv flatfish+?

The entire team/party died the first time because our prayer was pretty much drained and we barely had any food left because of two monoliths earlier in the dungeon. Second time we got a mercenary room pwn'd them without any casualties :')

Fractite armour is up to you (I never wear armour in dungeons unless I get it as a drop from a forgotten warrior) just keep in mind that if you're wearing full fractite, you're pretty much forced to pray against magic because the T8/T11 mages easily could kill you. Praying magic makes you vulnerable to the forgotten rangers (T11 arrows can easily pierce through some silly T5 gear) not to mention the warriors that can bust 300s on you (worst case scenario)

If you aren't wearing any armour, I presume you have a lot of food with you. If you are, run straight to the mercenary leader with protect from magic on (as he always uses magic) when the first soldiers/mercenaries spawn and start attacking you, pray against the style that's being used the most.

Just keep eating and switching protection prayers until the leader's dead. Then teleport out of the room and wait for the rest of the band to leave.

You might also want to turn Auto Retaliate off and tele out if you can't keep up with eating/switching prayers.

Owner of a comp cape since February 11th 2012.

It is my choice isnt it? I think its a lot more fun when you know youre risking a lot of work/money and that makes me better at surviving. Lets just drop this now, I pk the way I want and you pk the way you want ;)

I'm just advising against a bank risk, though its probably too late now that youve already brought it. I mean, you hear people quitting over void... Which you can understand given how long full void takes.

Your setup takes 2-3 times as much time to replace as full void...

Do you think I do not know how long my setup takes to achieve? I certainly do because I have gotten it myself. End of discussion

lurifax.png

Exactly, you don't think thats a little much to risk for a questionable benefit?

If you never use it, you might as well not buy it.

Losing dungeoneering equipment is hard for about 10 minutes, then you realize that now you have another goal to work for. :wink:

99 dungeoneering achieved, thanks to everyone that celebrated with me!

♪♪ Don't interrupt me as I struggle to complete this thought
Have some respect for someone more forgetful than yourself ♪♪

♪♪ And I'm not done
And I won't be till my head falls off ♪♪

Exactly, you don't think thats a little much to risk for a questionable benefit?

Losing dungeoneering equipment is hard for about 10 minutes, then you realize that now you have another goal to work for. :wink:

That's a positive way to look at it.

Yea its too late for him.

Getting hacked is hard for about 10 minutes, then you realize that now you have another goal to work for. :mellow:

That goal being to redo all your previous achievements on a new account!

O.O

About the discussion with the mercenary room, is it better to have full fractite + pray mage, or full dromoleather + pray range? Or does armor have no effect at all?

Also, is it better to range the mercenary leader, or melee?

Is it also important to focus on the other fighters, or does everyone pile the mercenary leader?

In a solo, it's pretty easy for me, but in a duo+ I always get demolished by this room >.>

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

^

Sonikku I was thinking about the same thing yesterday and decided on fractite for a) slightly higher(probably almost negligible) defence it provides against melee and range than dromo and b) i start with a frac plate binded.

Prayer is not a problem since i will die(or tele out =P) before even 1/4 is gone methinks.

Let me knoe if you come up with some other plan =).

lnfernuus.png

Well anyway... since I only either solo or med dung w/ 1 or 2 more friends now, the mercenary room shouldn't be hella overpowered for me.

Just pile the leader and ignore the rest, and that works for me most of the time.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

Great minds think alike, right? ;) Haha yeah, when I lose dg stuff i usually just think, it was fun while it lasted, damn back to world7/61

lurifax.png

Great minds think alike, right? ;) Haha yeah, when I lose dg stuff i usually just think, it was fun while it lasted, damn back to world7/61

You aren't a low level. You aren't a high level either. How the heck do you use w61?

100% F2P

85 Mining achieved on Dec 4, 2007

85 Smithing achieved on May 28, 2009

anim7.png

You aren't a low level. You aren't a high level either. How the heck do you use w61?

Yea, isnt that for like level 10's and level 120's.

O.O

Well sometimes im a combater in w61, but usually i dung with dem noobs in w7 and its fkin killin me l0l

lurifax.png

I was in cwars the other day with combat robes, arcane blast and blastbox. I actually did pretty well against full runers and no arm'ers. I had scimmy equipped so if they took off armor, then i'd melee them. However I got thoroughly owned by rangers. Haven't gotten the staff yet but I doubt it'll be that different.

100% F2P

85 Mining achieved on Dec 4, 2007

85 Smithing achieved on May 28, 2009

anim7.png

Well sometimes im a combater in w61, but usually i dung with dem noobs in w7 and its fkin killin me l0l

Key your own dungeons, or find a perm team to dg with.

Doesn't even have to be larges. Nowadays I just get a few friends and rush meds on all floors.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Key your own dungeons, or find a perm team to dg with.

Doesn't even have to be larges. Nowadays I just get a few friends and rush meds on all floors.

I've found that duoing a medium sized dungeon with a noob is the way to go. Experience cap is lifted, they're still helping to clear the room of monsters, and the likelihood that one member room will kill the dungeon becomes much less. Even if it does, it doesn't hurt *that* bad, because mediums are that much faster than larges.

I don't think I'll 5:5 ever again - unless someone from that clan needs a 5th...

99 dungeoneering achieved, thanks to everyone that celebrated with me!

♪♪ Don't interrupt me as I struggle to complete this thought
Have some respect for someone more forgetful than yourself ♪♪

♪♪ And I'm not done
And I won't be till my head falls off ♪♪

That merc room seems like the first set of monsters I have had trouble with while dungeoneering solo, I had to re-food(flats) pray went down to ~17, had frac legs from a drop and it was still very close.

The leader was about level 93 and he brought lvl 60 friends with him.

I have only had it twice, but since there is a slight lag time from your first hit to when he summons minions could you effectively attack 2-3 times tele out, then wait for his minions to tele out, repeat?

That merc room seems like the first set of monsters I have had trouble with while dungeoneering solo, I had to re-food(flats) pray went down to ~17, had frac legs from a drop and it was still very close.

The leader was about level 93 and he brought lvl 60 friends with him.

I have only had it twice, but since there is a slight lag time from your first hit to when he summons minions could you effectively attack 2-3 times tele out, then wait for his minions to tele out, repeat?

Brings challenge back to F2P doesn't it?

La Vallett1

A.k.a. "Nostalgic Vallett"

What's been said must be done.

Brings challenge back to F2P doesn't it?

Albeit a bit too challenging :blink:

It's easy in a solo, but when you're doing this in a team, you're going to get destroyed period. Especially since f2p has only tier 5 stuff.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Bank Op and Equip Screen Update (BOAESU)

The download speed of the game client should now be anywhere up to 5x faster than it used to be.

The Varrock apothecary has discovered a way to create more than one Strength potion at a time.

The Bounty Worlds target script has been further tweaked to improve the time it takes to gain a target.

The explorer's ring 4 will now notify players when it has been recharged. - oh... hope they fixed the extra runes, i will check it if i had time

A water source has been added near Lumbridge's anvil.

Adamant/rune bars are no longer listed as adamantite/runite, as these are the names of the ores, not the metal.

Varrock’s archery shop now stocks hardleather bodies.

The amulet of zealots is now correctly listed in the skill advance guide. - haha, good bye amulet of hopelessness

kind of late, but i just remember it

"Do you ever plan to allow us to exchange Dungeoneering rewards for tokens?"

For now, there are no plans to do this.

"How does the Amulet of Zealots work? Does it add 5% straight to the bonus, or does it take 5% of the bonus and add it? Secondly, if it adds 5%, when using leech curses does it also boost the amount you drain the opponent by 5%?"

It adds a static 5%. If it was 10% before, it is now 15% with the amulet. If it was 5%, it is now 10%, etc. And no, leech curses only get the static boost too.

"Why are Magic and Ranged still limited to 125 ammo bound while meleers have infinite attacks?"

This is the nature of Magic & Ranged vs Melee. Whilst we can look into this, we’ve recently added the magic boxes inside Daemonheim that allow mages to bind 125 spells instead of one type of rune. This allows all sides of the combat triangle to leave the start room and fight (rather than before, where mages need to create the extra runes.)

"Will you be increasing the max bind slots to 7? Currently, you can't get full Primal, for example."

We may increase the max bind slots in the future via a quest reward or similar.