The F2P General Discussion Thread

lionesshunt

Just a slight post but I do feel the need to rant.

WHY THE HELL DO PEOPLE BOT THE MINING GUILD LOL.

Seriously coal isn't even good money, last time I checked... are they doing this just for the sake of annoying us?

May as well say the sole purpose of bots are to annoy us to death.

Because they want to bot something with little competition from others. while still getting some decent cash/exp.

Just a slight post but I do feel the need to rant.

WHY THE HELL DO PEOPLE BOT THE MINING GUILD LOL.

Seriously coal isn't even good money, last time I checked... are they doing this just for the sake of annoying us?

May as well say the sole purpose of bots are to annoy us to death.

Because they want to bot something with little competition from others. while still getting some decent cash/exp.

Have you seen the Mining Guild now?

Owner of a comp cape since February 11th 2012.

We need to create a bot to thwart other bots!!! Winner!

99 dungeoneering achieved, thanks to everyone that celebrated with me!

♪♪ Don't interrupt me as I struggle to complete this thought
Have some respect for someone more forgetful than yourself ♪♪

♪♪ And I'm not done
And I won't be till my head falls off ♪♪

Have you seen the Mining Guild now?

Wish I had known earlier. Visited the guild 2 days ago to get just a couple hundred coal, the place was swarming with people! At least 15 in a reasonably quiet world, so at first I thought wow coal mining must be great money/xp, is there some secret I'm missing? Kinda weird no one talked tho. Hopping to other worlds, no matter how busy it is, there always seems to be at least 5 people.

Didn't cross my mind they were all bots at that time, loads of over lvl90s there, of course its so obvious now lol.

It wasn't like this just a few months ago, didn't realise it changes so fast. Jagex needs to help out here.

lnfernuus.png

Disturbing them with plants after I return to RS activity. Bah. Time to catch up with DG too...

Yeah, like that zaryte bow

wait

recharge costs = ammo.

So, all melee weapons are overpowered, at least.

this combat triangle finally makes sense...

We tried that once and utterly failed :lol: lol.

Wish there WAS a way to distract bots tho.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

I don't know, I hope it isn't like like in my noob days, bots bots BOTS EVERYWHERE!!!! Sorry, got carried away (on purpose).

Mining guild still has bots. Don't ask :unsure:

Others, I'm unsure about. I doubt bots are smart enough to bot Fist of Guthix or Great Orb Project :rolleyes:

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

Others, I'm unsure about. I doubt bots are smart enough to bot Fist of Guthix or Great Orb Project :rolleyes:

while i GoP last time, i hear some ppl saying that ppl using bot to play GoP, that why they react so quickly and precisely

for once i enjoy the first few years of RS2 and few months after GE released.

where some ppl wanted to stay playing RSC and where unbalance trade are slowly taking care of, which 1 of it is the GE release.

since RuneScape is a website java based games, jagex cannot implement something to outside its boundary to stop the bots.

I don't know, I hope it isn't like like in my noob days, bots bots BOTS EVERYWHERE!!!! Sorry, got carried away (on purpose).

There are GOP bots.

[404] Signature not found.

Yeah, the mining guild is hell at the moment. And there is too much competition at iron also, even with 85 mining (my computer is kind of slow).

Not a great time to mine...

A lot of the powermining bots have 80+ Mining anyway

You know, jagex needs to change their interfaces a bit. Simply moving the inventory from one side of your screen to another after an hour of play would nail all bots that log in almost instantly. Or moving locations around in a significant fashion, for a couple hours. Small, targeted measures like that would be very easy to implement, and it'd make hell for bot developers.

♪♪ And I'm not done

You know, jagex needs to change their interfaces a bit. Simply moving the inventory from one side of your screen to another after an hour of play would nail all bots that log in almost instantly. Or moving locations around in a significant fashion, for a couple hours. Small, targeted measures like that would be very easy to implement, and it'd make hell for bot developers.

interfaces need to be fixed and standardized else it is worst than having bots.

i see my friend have bot that can detect color and move mouse pointer to it that he use to play other games.

I'm pretty sure the bots of today would be smart enough to figure out the inventory was moved and locate it.

It probably wouldn't take more than a few hours of scripting either. :l

I'm pretty sure the bots of today would be smart enough to figure out the inventory was moved and locate it.

It probably wouldn't take more than a few hours of scripting either. :l

Yeah, but it'd be a surprise move and a cheap shot aimed at banning all accounts using a bot at a certain point in time. A human would see the interface has changed and adapt readily, a bot wouldn't be programmed to deal with it. If its a one time deal, sure bot writers could code for that, but in the meantime Jagex would have taken out a significant portion of the cheating population.

♪♪ And I'm not done

Another solution would be for Jagex to update the game far more frequently.

Usually right after a system update all the bots get wiped :thumbup: but the day after they continue to function...

Also, Jagex should change certain areas each update. See what happened to the LRC bots after Jagex replaced the rope with a portal?

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Leveled dungeoneering to 86 last night. 5:5 speed runs with one leech (that paid attention) are actually tremendous XP... Floors 1-9 we were averaging about 5k experience each (even with a couple deaths), and each floor took less than 7 minutes. I think medium and large dungeons take too long for what they are, especially when a mercenary or monolith halfway through sinks a team.

♪♪ And I'm not done

For all those that have 99 combats in f2p, can you guys fill me in on which is faster xp/hr?

- melee: afking giant spiders, max melee bonus (rune scim + berserker)

- range: giants w/ addy arrows, max range bonus (maple shortbow + full dhide)

This is something that was discussed in the 200m in all skills thread, and I thought it might make an interesting discussion here.

Makes me wonder why there are more ranged 200m'ers in f2p as well.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Melee

That's about right, but just keep in mind that you should not hesitate to use strength potions, and that you can flash pray both +15% attack and strength boosts, or use the amulet of zealots to effectively increase that to 20% a piece in replacement of a strength or power amulet. Back when I trained melee (Stats 95+/95+/95+) I got upwards of 52-57kph off this, not including the extra 17-19kph in constitution. Without it, I only registered at about 45kph.

Ranged

-Ranged should be done on either the level 75 or 82 ankous under the Stronghold of Security. I personally preferred training on the 82's as it was both a better safe spot and more solitary. The XP rates are the same. Training there with mithril back when I had 95+ ranged with flash prayer yielded at least 42-45kph. Now with the Amulet of Zealots the flash praying effects are effectively increased from 15% to 20% so expect even higher rates.

-Flesh crawlers aren't the worst but if you want anything better than 35kph then you'll have to do a LOT of clicking (misclicking all the while).

-Any kind of training on giants or demons should be avoided as there is either too much tracffic or too few of them in any particular location.

-While a longbow sight is highly effective in PvP situations, it is not beneficial in training as it is too slow and the shortbow already produces a high enough hit frequency.

jOi7G.png

~PM me and I'll do my best to make you a signature!~