The F2P General Discussion Thread

lionesshunt

Hmm, very, very interesting. But if ranged produces similar xp rates to melee (assuming you don't flash prayers), and costs hella more, then why do the top f2pers go for ranged more? :huh:

That's just what I'm really considering. I've always assumed melee was the easiest option to go for.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

Hmm, very, very interesting. But if ranged produces similar xp rates to melee (assuming you don't flash prayers), and costs hella more, then why do the top f2pers go for ranged more? :huh:

That's just what I'm really considering. I've always assumed melee was the easiest option to go for.

Because ranged is for the cool kids :)

lurifax.png

Probably since if you were to consider yourself a completely maxed meleer you would have to get 200M in all the melee skills whereas for ranged you only need one.

jOi7G.png

~PM me and I'll do my best to make you a signature!~

Probably since if you were to consider yourself a completely maxed meleer you would have to get 200M in all the melee skills whereas for ranged you only need one.

hahaha, why thinking so hard? why didnt i think about it when i first saw Sonic asking? ya, it maybe since one ranged skill is cover both damage and accuracy unlike melee.

Ahh, good point. But I think ranged in itself is a nuisance, I don't like it over melee lol.

Has anyone gotten 200m's in any melees yet though?

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

None. Highest is Water with 158m str exp... You P2p yet Sonic?

Yeah, like that zaryte bow

wait

recharge costs = ammo.

So, all melee weapons are overpowered, at least.

this combat triangle finally makes sense...

Nope :( but I really hope I'm able to find a method to pay for it. But for now I'm going to stick with my f2p buddies ^^

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Nope :( but I really hope I'm able to find a method to pay for it. But for now I'm going to stick with my f2p buddies ^^

Why can't you pay for it?

100% F2P

85 Mining achieved on Dec 4, 2007

85 Smithing achieved on May 28, 2009

anim7.png

Well in theory I COULD get my friend in Canada to buy me 90 day membership with the cards they sell there, but I don't know if it's against the rules...

Bah, whatever. I'll just do as much as I can in f2p before transitioning to members.

And NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO I lost a big chunk of my dungeoneering guide! That's what I get for using the normal editor instead of the full one -.- My guide is fully restored thanks to BiJay's link. Thanks a lot :D

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Well in theory I COULD get my friend in Canada to buy me 90 day membership with the cards they sell there, but I don't know if it's against the rules...

I asked that question on the RSOF quite a while ago. I wanted my friend in the US to buy me one (Canada didn't have cards yet). All the players who posted said yeah go for it, but a Jagex mod brought it up from the dead just to tell me it was against the rules.

So yeah... it's not like they're really going to know or care, but it is technicly against the rules.

I've started fishing a bit again, and I was wondering what was the best xp/hr and the best gp/hr.

Does anybody know ?

Best XP/H must be fly fishing in Barbarian Village. I got 40-50K XP an hour there dropping the fish.

Don't know about GP/H, but I'd presume harpooning on Karamja.

Owner of a comp cape since February 11th 2012.

I assume lobs would be best gp/hour. Though there are much better moneymakers

Yeah, lobsters are quite bad.

I've seen you link to that blog post a few times now and I always have the same thought; You may be right, but you give no proof of it. Without actual speed and viability tests that blog is nothing more then your opinion that you seem to be trying to pass off as truth.

Also, he isn't asking for the best moneymakers in F2P, he's asking for best fish money makers. In which case, lobsters are quite good. I'm not sure if they're the best (I had done tests but deleted the results from my notes tab before I could save them somewhere else) but they are still one of the better moneymakers in F2P fishing. If I remember correctly, I averaged 250 lobs per hour which would equate to ~50k gp/h and ~25k exp/h but I suggest you do your own tests Tetora69, and see what you like best.

Imo the gains with gravite weaponry is too low to be considered worth the tokens. :\

Also, does anyone play the Great Orb Project anymore? I'm getting back to it and I'm finding it to be quite decent. Well, except the fact that yellow is almost always the winning team for some reason >.>

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

I noticed that too. Aside from the obvious (orb size), any other speculations?

I think the color itself makes it kinda hard to distinguish. Most people have an easier time seeing yellow orbs than green.

That being said though, green is still very ftw :D GO GREENS!!!

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

A couple reasons for the yellows, awhile back the highest orb score for air was done on yellow.

Yellow has a much better starting spawn, you will notice green is clumped NW for 3/5 of the altars; this is a problem for the classic E/W, which forces the W person to go more south, and the clumping can lead to some orb piling, baaad!

Yellow orbs are also larger which helps with misclicks, and imo their spawns in general are closer to the altar than greens. In 2v2 battles we used to get 2-3 more orbs on average on the yeller team.

It is humorous the roles used to be switched, and the good players used to congregate on the green team

Really? I thought green orbs generally spawned in the north-east, not north-west.

Also, I tend to respect green players more. NOT because it's my favorite color (though that's part of the case :P ), but it's because of these disadvantages that green has with the orb size that makes them better imo.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog