The F2P General Discussion Thread

lionesshunt

I'd just like to bring up a point: Yeah, it's possible to hit 200 in F2P with magic but it's exactly 200; no more. By doing the simple math, anything higher is illogical. There is a hoax video on Youtube that suggests a magic max hit of 205, and people are actually gullible enough to believe it. :(

Aside from that, I'm sure many of you have noticed that the number of players playing Runescape is now EXTREMELY low. World 1 rarely ever reaches 1900 players on weekdays and the average number of players on each world is less than 400. Here's my suggestion thread: 185-186-348-61970673 . Please support it.

jOi7G.png

~PM me and I'll do my best to make you a signature!~

I would be surprised(happens at lot now-a-days) if melee armor absorbed magical based damage. Which could be a new method of balancing the triangle.

-oops- the different styles have their own absorb % scratch that first comment.

If the population gets low do you think some servers will start to go away?

I would be surprised(happens at lot now-a-days) if melee armor absorbed magical based damage. Which could be a new method of balancing the triangle.

-oops- the different styles have their own absorb % scratch that first comment.

And I wouldn't be surprised if magic armour had some sort of magical aura that absorbs melee damage.

Owner of a comp cape since February 11th 2012.

I'd just like to bring up a point: Yeah, it's possible to hit 200 in F2P with magic but it's exactly 200; no more. By doing the simple math, anything higher is illogical.

i am surprise this is coming from someone who high lvl in dungeoneering, didnt you ever try magical blastbox before? critical-hit that appear in separate hitsplat which deal another 25% damage.

haha, you edit your post before i post my, so oh well.

i doubt that, well, at least not until it drop until critical point, where the world is barely got ppl in it(about <100). by reducing the number of server will introduce more lag.

the number of ppl playing is reduced, maybe is because of the new accounts update, which make account slightly difficult to create for bot.

dont forget about, there are many ppl having dc or lag issues. some may due to ban or boot suspicious bot. or there are some ppl who dislike some updates and quit or take a break from RS.

And I wouldn't be surprised if magic armour had some sort of magical aura that absorbs melee damage.

good 1, magic armor/cloth defence is very weak, before that it is just mainly use to increase magic accuracy only and safe spot.

Zhong I forgot to mention that the 200 was in any one single hitsplat, which excludes the critical hit ability of the blastbox. Forgive me for being unclear.

nvm, but i actually feel like you are talking about only single hitsplat, but still try my luck and post.

i cant find back the magic damage formula in wikia, the formula is 160*124% or 160*105%*109%*110% ?

both also cant get exactly 200.

edit:i think it is the former, which make max hit 198? i not sure since some say former, some say later.

Zhong I forgot to mention that the 200 was in any one single hitsplat, which excludes the critical hit ability of the blastbox. Forgive me for being unclear.

nvm, but i actually feel like you are talking about only single hitsplat, but still try my luck and post.

i cant find back the magic damage formula in wikia, the formula is 160*124% or 160*105%*109%*110% ?

both also cant get exactly 200.

edit:i think it is the former, which make max hit 198? i not sure since some say former, some say later.

It's 160(1.15)(1.09) = 200.56

1.15 from weapon bonuses, and then multiplied over visible stat bonuses of 1.09.

I suppose 201 might be possible but 205 is definitely out of the question.

jOi7G.png

does anyone know if zelots ammy makes melees max higher than useing a str ammy?

your such a mother [bleep]er. whats with all this bombchu [cabbage]? all everyone who likes this [cabbage] is stupid. ur a [bleep]ing cheater. u did that the wrong way, thats not how to get past the king zora u cheater. u suck and i wont continue watching all ur [cabbage]! videos

he mad?

Zealot ammy is only good if you can pray flash, and as Zhong said, it only benefits rangers. Meleers must use TWO prayers to get the full benefits while rangers only have to use one.

That being said, the difference between zealot training and regular training (no pray) is minimal, so it's not really worth the token cost.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

:( i was going to use it in pvp with grav 2h but i dont really want to use 2 prays, the drain on that is a little to fast

and i wont be ranging

your such a mother [bleep]er. whats with all this bombchu [cabbage]? all everyone who likes this [cabbage] is stupid. ur a [bleep]ing cheater. u did that the wrong way, thats not how to get past the king zora u cheater. u suck and i wont continue watching all ur [cabbage]! videos

he mad?

I posted already my finds about magic max hits in this topic months ago. Probably it is faded away in the minds. :-|

This is the way how i calculated:

Max magic hit with blast necklace + grav staff: 160 + 10% + 5% = 160 * (1 + 0.10 + 0.05) = 184

Max magic hit with blast necklace + grav staff + mindbomb = 160 + 10% + 5% + 9% = 160 * (1 + 0.10 + 0.05 + 0.09) = 198.4

Max magic hit with blast necklace + grav staff + blastbox: (160 + 10% + 5%) + 25% = (160 * (1 + 0.10 + 0.05)) * 1.25 = 230

Max magic hit with blast necklace + grav staff + blastbox + mindbomb: 160 + 10% + 5% + 9% + 25% = (160 * (1 + 0.10 + 0.05 + 0.09)) * 1.25 = (160 * 1.24) * 1.25 = 248

Some pictures i posted here earlier

Look at the extra hits from the blastbox:

When your main hit is 167, the extra hit is ALWAYS approx 25% of the main hit! Result: 167 + 25% = 167 + 41.75

When your main hit is 181, the extra hit is: 181 + 25% = 181 + 45.25

For dummies: when you hit 100, the extra hit will be 25.

1286381909-90.png1286383171-60.png

greedy44.png

So according to that, no F2P mage spells will ever be reduced because the single hit max is below 200. That means that melee is the only type that will be reduced. So does that mean that mage robes will be the only noteworthy defence update for F2P? I've read that Jagex will use this to enforce the combat triangle. Is that confirmed or just hearsay?

Hey Greedy, I haven't actually tested it yet but here's the video that led me to believe it was 200.

Also, does anyone happen to know the maximum possible xp for a combatant in F2P dungeoneering?

Here's my most so far:

54155dungeoneeringxp.png

jOi7G.png

Here's my most so far:

mvp means most xp. Thats how you did so well. :wink:

99 dungeoneering achieved, thanks to everyone that celebrated with me!

♪♪ Don't interrupt me as I struggle to complete this thought
Have some respect for someone more forgetful than yourself ♪♪

♪♪ And I'm not done
And I won't be till my head falls off ♪♪

The titles at the end mean NOTHING about your Dungeoneering xp. They're just there for fun.

MVP means most xp :wink:

♪♪ And I'm not done

The titles at the end mean NOTHING about your Dungeoneering xp. They're just there for fun.

MVP means most xp :wink:

NOTHING about your Dungeoneering xp.

Dungeoneering xp.

;)

whatisrush-1.png

Fisher/Woodcut------Me-----Miner/crafter----Stabber----Leecher

^Golvellius must be so proud^

FlowerPower.png

Th tils at he ed ean OHING aout yur Dungeoneing p. Ty're jst th for fun.

ils a ed ean ING ao yur Duneing p. y're jst th r fun.

ilsa e ING ar Dig rejst t fun.

islaING ijst fun.

sailING is fun.

sailing.

OMFGWTFBBQ you know something we don't?

♪♪ And I'm not done

Yeah titles are purely there for fun. Try for more challenging ones like I Can Has Heim Crab or WoopWoopWoop!

Speaking of which, what are the requirements for that title? I recall it's keying as fast as you can opening every door in the dungeon.

And 65k in a f2p f35 large... wow that's DAMN amazing :shock:

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

Yeah, but you'll notice that those were the players with 100+ dungeoneering... if anyone would have opened up every room in a large, it'd be the ones that have done it 100s of times.

♪♪ And I'm not done